Yahoo Interview Questions

Updated 23 Apr, 2015

Coop Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

Basic behavioral questions- tell me about yourself,what do you hope to gain out of this position, asked questions about resume. Easy to talk to. nice and welcoming people.

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

The interview process included two 1 hr phone interviews and one full day on-site interview. Phone interviews were mainly research based questions while on-site interviews were both research based and technical. I can say that in comparison with other interviews, the Yahoo interviews were more professional and definitely suited the position much more than other interviews. They avoid all those stupid whiteboard codings and stick to fundamental questions and research based easy to very complex scenario questions. Although very tiring, I enjoyed my onsite interviews. They were all bright and smart people and very professional and they make you feel that you are on the same page with them. I would say 50-60% of my interview was research questions (easy to difficult) and 40-50% are more technical questions. The technical questions were about machine learning, algorithms and optimization.

Interview Questions

• How will you encode the world's knowledge for learning algorithms if 1) you have unlimited human resources 2) you have to do it automatically with no human resource.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was not very open and somehow limited. Their offer was fair so you can't negotiate much.

Assistant Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Yahoo (Toronto, ON) in June 2013.

Interview

I was sat down by this very tired looking director who really didn't seem that into the interview. She didn't prepare any questions and she looked so dishevelled. When it came time to ask her questions, she couldn't answer basic ones. Such as, what sort of equipment do you use? I never received any feedback from the interview.

PHP Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

the 1st meeting was an overview, then I got a call for a 2nd ones more technical, they asked about server administration, command line tools and details about PHP.

Interview Questions

• all the meetings were pretty straight forward, no surprises if really domain Linux/PHP   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

Straightforward phone interviews with hiring managers, and other members of the marketing team. Wanted to know about my background, why I was interested in the role and what motivated me to join the company at that particular time

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

1)Late reply from the univ recruiter
    2)Ask you any damn questions doesnt even realise its for intern who are here to learn and not answer questions which are for experienced people
    3)Doesnt even bother about what I did previously ,one questions and if you cant its over

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

It is a two screen process at yahoo. The interviewer's are great and help in case you get stuck. They basically check your programming knowledge and logical concepts. Even if you write the code a bit incorrect, it won't affect your result unless you tell them the correct algorithm. Linked List, Stack , Queue, Arrays and Strings, Searching Sorting and Trees and Graphs are things which should be prepared before the interview.

Interview Questions

• Check if the string is balanced. eg {{}} should return true,
      Given a input sentence tokenize it and print the word count. eg the boy went to the school- > the 2, boy 1, went 1, to 1, school 1

Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Yahoo in April 2015.

Interview

It was straightforward. I applied in career fair. They sent me mail for calling details. They called me on time and asked simple questions. Not giving time to think the logic of the code exercise.

Interview Questions

• Basic PHP questions. Code to group anagrams from collection of strings   Answer Question

Recruiter/Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Yahoo (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Both interviewers were very friendly. I was able to ask straightforward questions. It lasted about 1.5 hours with two people. A Director and a Lead Recruiter. Both had been with Yahoo for several years and shared a lot of insight with me.

Interview Questions

• What was my sourcing process?
      What is my best sourcing method?
      How would I source a Mobile Engineer (Boolean)?
      Where are my sources?
      What was my hardest role to source for?

Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

Very good hiring process. They take care good care of people who come for interview. They asked questions on Unix, Java, Testing concepts and Selenium. Also asked questions on analytical skills, behavioural questions, solving puzzles