Yahoo

491 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Producer Interview

Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Yahoo in June 2013.

Interview Details I was sat down by this very tired looking director who really didn't seem that into the interview. She didn't prepare any questions and she looked so dishevelled. When it came time to ask her questions, she couldn't answer basic ones. Such as, what sort of equipment do you use? I never received any feedback from the interview.

Interview Question – There were none, again, very unprepared.   Answer Question

PHP Developer Interview

PHP Developer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview Details the 1st meeting was an overview, then I got a call for a 2nd ones more technical, they asked about server administration, command line tools and details about PHP.

Interview Question – all the meetings were pretty straight forward, no surprises if really domain Linux/PHP   Answer Question

Service Eng Ops, Associate Interview

Lockport, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview Details I was contacted by a Yahoo HR recruiter via LinkedIn. He expressed interested based on my background and experience. We set up an initial phone conversation to see if it was a good fit. We then set up a phone conversation for technical questions. From there I was given an application to submit to another HR representative whom organized an onsite interview. I was greeted with a couple of pages of technical questions before getting into the interview process. The onsite interview took about three hours and of all of the interviews I have been through with various companies, I feel like this group of individuals did the best at getting to know me. Overall it was a good interview experience.

Interview Question – What is one thing you could teach the people in the other room? (referring to other technicians in the NOC)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in February 2014.

Interview Details Hiring process started with a recruiter and then a simple 1:1 phone interview. It was an easy question to solve a BST. Any comp sci student should know all Algos when you are applying to Yahoo!

Interview Question – Prove number of nodes in a BST is 2^h - 1, h is height using Mathematical Induction! Huh! I learnt it in school but was fortunate enough to recall   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Technical Yahoo - Software Engineer Interview

Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Yahoo in March 2014.

Interview Details I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn last October. Because I was considering quitting my PhD program, I pinged back. After that, we had 3 rounds of phone interviews. In January, the manager decided to move forward with an offer. I was ready to go there. However, in February, they decided to give me an extra onsite. I was surprised. Because Yahoo was my only offer at that time, I prepared my coding interview in a hurry. I performed badly in the onsite interview and planned to move on. So I prepared another month for some of exciting startups. I was able to get an offer from Yahoo at the end of March, but the processing takes so long that I got more offers from elsewhere. At that time, I am no longer interested in Yahoo, so I just wrote back a thankyou letter and let it go.

Interview Question – You have 2B URLs, how to find the 95th percentile of all the sizes.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The slow processing of reimbursement and offer makes me quite disappointed about the company.

Senior Social Media/Community Manager Interview

Interviewed at Yahoo

Interview Details For my own interview it was very smooth and quick (about 1 month to finish all the hiring process), and now it will be much slower since the executives need to review all the new hiring, and the hiring process takes very long.

Interview Question – how will you deal with the problem without resources and budget,   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview Details I submitted my resume in the job fair on campus, and was contacted by the recruiter in Oct. 2013. Had two interviews in total. The hiring process was very very slow, and it was disorganized.

Interview Question – Find the anagrams among a list of words   Answer Question

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview Details Applied Online, got call for telephonic interview about in a month

Interview Question – There was nothing mentioned about front-end development in my resume, still I got call from UI development team . Interviewer asked me about UI development; right from Javascript, jQuery to HTML5, CSS   View Answer

Technical Yahoo - Software Engineer Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview Details most of the questions are from DS and algorithms. I received the feedback saying that the interviews went well and my application is submitted to hiring committee but have not heard since 1 month. The HR never responds. I had the worst experience dealing with recruiters at yahoo.

Software Engineer Interview

Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in February 2014.

Interview Details Contacted by a hiring manager about an interview. The next week I had a technical phone interview.
Questions:
1. List all permutations of a string. E.g.; If you're given abc, the output should be abc, acb, bca, bac, cab, cba.
2. Fibonacci series - both recursively and iteratively. Tell me which one is better in terms of memory and speed of execution.
Did not hear back from them even after a month.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Yahoo

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yahoo interview questions and advice. All 491 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Yahoo employees and interview candidates.