Yahoo

488 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Producer Interview

Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Yahoo in June 2013.

Interview Details I was sat down by this very tired looking director who really didn't seem that into the interview. She didn't prepare any questions and she looked so dishevelled. When it came time to ask her questions, she couldn't answer basic ones. Such as, what sort of equipment do you use? I never received any feedback from the interview.

Interview Question – There were none, again, very unprepared.   Answer Question

PHP Developer Interview

PHP Developer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview Details the 1st meeting was an overview, then I got a call for a 2nd ones more technical, they asked about server administration, command line tools and details about PHP.

Interview Question – all the meetings were pretty straight forward, no surprises if really domain Linux/PHP   Answer Question

Senior Social Media/Community Manager Interview

Interviewed at Yahoo

Interview Details For my own interview it was very smooth and quick (about 1 month to finish all the hiring process), and now it will be much slower since the executives need to review all the new hiring, and the hiring process takes very long.

Interview Question – how will you deal with the problem without resources and budget,   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview Details I submitted my resume in the job fair on campus, and was contacted by the recruiter in Oct. 2013. Had two interviews in total. The hiring process was very very slow, and it was disorganized.

Interview Question – Find the anagrams among a list of words   Answer Question

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview Details Applied Online, got call for telephonic interview about in a month

Interview Question – There was nothing mentioned about front-end development in my resume, still I got call from UI development team . Interviewer asked me about UI development; right from Javascript, jQuery to HTML5, CSS   View Answer

Technical Yahoo - Software Engineer Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview Details most of the questions are from DS and algorithms. I received the feedback saying that the interviews went well and my application is submitted to hiring committee but have not heard since 1 month. The HR never responds. I had the worst experience dealing with recruiters at yahoo.

Software Engineer Interview

Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in February 2014.

Interview Details Contacted by a hiring manager about an interview. The next week I had a technical phone interview.
Questions:
1. List all permutations of a string. E.g.; If you're given abc, the output should be abc, acb, bca, bac, cab, cba.
2. Fibonacci series - both recursively and iteratively. Tell me which one is better in terms of memory and speed of execution.
Did not hear back from them even after a month.

Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in June 2013.

Interview Details Recruiter reached out to me first. Then I was bombarded with a number of different internal positions. Finally, they zeroed in on one position. I talked with the manager and then went in for the in-person interview. The position didn't quite seem to be a fit for what I wanted to do. However, recruiter contact just died up after then

Interview Question – There were a few algorithms questions that did not seem relevant to the job   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Yahoo in October 2013.

Interview Details This is for an internal transfer, thus the process has been greatly simplified. Individually talked to 4 senior product managers from different teams. Was assessed based on my technical background, project management skills, communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to prioritize and manage schedule, and intuition to market offering and product features.

Interview Question – How will Google self-drive car change the public transit system if they are made available for general audience.   Answer Question

Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in February 2014.

Interview Details Initially contacted by a recruiter through email. Had two phone rounds over a period of 3 weeks. Was called onsite for an in-person interview. The decision came in after a week. HR was very prompt and expedited the decision process.

Interview Question – The interviews were more sort of discussions on a wide range of topics like Distributed Systems, Networking, Algorithms, Data Structures   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. I felt that the offer was generous.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Yahoo

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yahoo interview questions and advice. All 488 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Yahoo employees and interview candidates.