Yahoo Financial Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

3 interviews

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in September 2009.

Multiple interviews with people from various groups. You will go through several rounds of interviews with varying degrees of difficulty.

very very very rigid

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Yahoo in May 2011.

I first received an email regarding my application and informing me that I was scheduled later that week for two phone interviews back to back. Both of these were very standard interviews just going over basic facts about the company, questions about my interests in the company, interests in finance etc. The next day I got an email saying I was scheduled for an on campus interview the next week at their Sunnyvale location. It was a full day of interviewing starting at 11 and ending at 3:30 in the afternoon. There were about 10 other candidates and we began by going up and getting an overview/orientation about the day from HR where we were sitting in a conference room and learning about what we would be doing. Then we ate lunch with one of the finance execs and a few recent graduates who had also been interns at one point and who talked to us about the interview process and tried to make us feel comfortable. Then we were each set up with our first of four interviewers and we walked to a conference room where we would sit all day through four interviews. The first was a case study, pretty straightforward but kind of difficult if you aren't expecting to answer those kinds of questions, it was my first case study interview. Then the next interview was behavioral, and the last two were both just going over my resume and experience, situational type interviewing. Each of the four interviews lasted about half an hour. Everyone was very nice and friendly, not an intimidating interview process, most interviews turned into conversations easily. I received a call about my offer about 2 days later and then a packet in the mail with all the information the next day. I was given three weeks to accept my offer. Out of the ten or eleven candidates I interviewed with, 2 others got offers and accepted them.

Interview Questions
    • What would your best friend say about you? Can you tell me a joke?   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Yahoo in August 2009.

Yahoo! came to my university to recruit, and my first interview was on campus. They flew me up a week later to their headquarters in Sunnyvale, CA and I had 4 interviews each 30 minutes. They responded within 2 days of the interview that I received an offer. Recruiting was fast and efficient.

Interview Questions
    • How does Yahoo! make money? Name 4 ways.   View Answer

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!