YWCA Interview Questions

Updated 11 Apr, 2015
Updated 11 Apr, 2015

2.6

Employment Counsellor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at YWCA (Vancouver, BC).

Interview

Two interviews followed promptly by a job offer. The interviews were both panel interviews with each panelist taking turns asking a predetermined series of questions. You must know the YWCA mission and be clear that you are a good fit. There was also a practical test to assess computer skills.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever experienced an ethical dilemma with a client?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation on salary. All employment counsellors made the same hourly wage regardless of their education or experience.

Purchasing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YWCA (Vancouver, BC) in March 2012.

Interview

I recieved a phone call in response to my application and resume submission. There were 2 interviews done in total, both with more than one interviewer. They were direct, but nice people, asking basic interview questions (based on past experiences, your background in the field, etc). HR do not carry out the interviews, you will be meeting your boss directly for them. Interviews are done in meeting/conference rooms, 2 chairs facing one. Be prepared with information you know about the organisation and their industry.

Interview Questions

• The questions are quite standard, nothing out of the ordinary. The classic hard ones are : What challenges did you face at your last job and how did you manage it? They place emphasis on workplace relationships and will ask how you would deal with difficult colleagues.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very brief and straightforward, no gimmicks. Give your expected range and they will make you an offer fairly.

Family Outreach Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at YWCA.

Interview

Panel interview. Questions were typical, like strengths and weaknesses. They ask workplace scenarios and how well you get along with others. They took notes so make eye contact and speak clearly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations really....

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at YWCA.

Interview

I applied online and took about one week and they called me to set up an interview in person and took me a tour in their office building. The process took about 30 minutes, asking basic questions, and also some real-life situation questions about kids.

Interview Questions

• one question that if you are in a class with kids, and someone from the government/ office meets you and would love to talk to you, what would you do?   1 Answer

Relief Advocate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YWCA.

Interview

I applied online, got a call 1-2 weeks later. The manager was friendly and approachable during the interview, answered all my questions. It was a positive environment and experience.

Interview Questions

• What does empowerment mean to you?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time that you were disappointed with the outcome (preferably in a job setting).   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a client wanted to leave the shelter and return to an unstable environment?   Answer Question

Bookkeeper Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at YWCA.

Interview

Applied in person, very easy and fast process. just the basic questions like tell me about your self. asked about what software i am familiar with. Also ask about company history and what iknow about the history of the organization

Group Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at YWCA (New York, NY (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Came into an interview the next day to the school. Met with the interviewers and saw a lot in the process. After the interview they indicated I should get 3 references and 3 recommendation letters which had to be put on a letterhead and signed by the recommenders.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable do you feel in discussing gender and race with youth?   Answer Question

Development Associate Interview

Interview

I had one meeting with the ED. They hired me on the spot with no further interviewing or vetting. My being hired had nothing to do with my skills and everything to do with who I knew.

Negotiation

No negotiation offered.

Administration Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at YWCA.

Interview

5 people interviewed me, asked regular questions, mainly about the nature of the job.

Interview Questions

• How you do your daily work!!! I dont know what that means   Answer Question

The pay was less than what expected

Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at YWCA (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

I received an email response to an online submission. Setting up the interview was relatively smooth, although the person setting up the interview was not clear on who I was meeting with. The interview was fine. It seemed we would go to the next stage, but then (as sometimes happened) no one called. After almost a month, I checked in. No reply. 10 months later the position is still posted. Strange.