YWCA Interview Questions

2.6

Employment Counsellor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at YWCA.

Two interviews followed promptly by a job offer. The interviews were both panel interviews with each panelist taking turns asking a predetermined series of questions. You must know the YWCA mission and be clear that you are a good fit. There was also a practical test to assess computer skills.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever experienced an ethical dilemma with a client?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation on salary. All employment counsellors made the same hourly wage regardless of their education or experience.

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at YWCA in March 2012.

I recieved a phone call in response to my application and resume submission. There were 2 interviews done in total, both with more than one interviewer. They were direct, but nice people, asking basic interview questions (based on past experiences, your background in the field, etc). HR do not carry out the interviews, you will be meeting your boss directly for them. Interviews are done in meeting/conference rooms, 2 chairs facing one. Be prepared with information you know about the organisation and their industry.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are quite standard, nothing out of the ordinary. The classic hard ones are : What challenges did you face at your last job and how did you manage it? They place emphasis on workplace relationships and will ask how you would deal with difficult colleagues.   Answer Question
    Very brief and straightforward, no gimmicks. Give your expected range and they will make you an offer fairly.

Development Associate Interview

I had one meeting with the ED. They hired me on the spot with no further interviewing or vetting. My being hired had nothing to do with my skills and everything to do with who I knew.

No negotiation offered.

Administration Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at YWCA.

5 people interviewed me, asked regular questions, mainly about the nature of the job.

Interview Questions
    • How you do your daily work!!! I dont know what that means   Answer Question

The pay was less than what expected

Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at YWCA.

I received an email response to an online submission. Setting up the interview was relatively smooth, although the person setting up the interview was not clear on who I was meeting with. The interview was fine. It seemed we would go to the next stage, but then (as sometimes happened) no one called. After almost a month, I checked in. No reply. 10 months later the position is still posted. Strange.

Development Intern Interview

Friendly and welcoming, overall a great interview experience

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mahwah, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at YWCA in August 2013.

Met with HR, they directed me to Labcorp facility by my house for a drug test and background check. Was given offer after I successfully completed both.

No negotiation. $10 an hour, $15 an hour for OT

Employment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at YWCA in April 2013.

Very impressive process. The interviewers asked several challenging questions that displayed their commitment to hire the best candidate. They freely shared their input about the organization and the job and their passion for the YWCA.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most difficult client you've served (with follow-up probing questions)   Answer Question
    very reasonable and fair. In general, negotiation is limited or nil in most nonprofits

Executive Director Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at YWCA in April 2013.

Submitted resume, one phone call, one interview by the entire board and no followup by them. No phone call, no thanks anyway, no letter indicating someone else was selected. Very unprofessional. I sent a thank you note to the interviewers and followed-up with a phone call. Neither one resulted in any feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Understanding you are currently looking for work, what would it take for you to say no to this position?   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glendale Heights, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale Heights, IL (US)

Postive and comfortable interview process.

They do not meet salary negotiation. Expect little pay with no raise.

Worked for YWCA? Contribute to the Community!