YWCA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Employment Counsellor Interview

Employment Counsellor
Vancouver, BC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at YWCA.

Interview Details Two interviews followed promptly by a job offer. The interviews were both panel interviews with each panelist taking turns asking a predetermined series of questions. You must know the YWCA mission and be clear that you are a good fit. There was also a practical test to assess computer skills.

Interview Question – Have you ever experienced an ethical dilemma with a client?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation on salary. All employment counsellors made the same hourly wage regardless of their education or experience.

Purchasing Interview

Purchasing
Vancouver, BC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at YWCA in March 2012.

Interview Details I recieved a phone call in response to my application and resume submission. There were 2 interviews done in total, both with more than one interviewer. They were direct, but nice people, asking basic interview questions (based on past experiences, your background in the field, etc). HR do not carry out the interviews, you will be meeting your boss directly for them. Interviews are done in meeting/conference rooms, 2 chairs facing one. Be prepared with information you know about the organisation and their industry.

Interview Question – The questions are quite standard, nothing out of the ordinary. The classic hard ones are : What challenges did you face at your last job and how did you manage it? They place emphasis on workplace relationships and will ask how you would deal with difficult colleagues.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very brief and straightforward, no gimmicks. Give your expected range and they will make you an offer fairly.

Executive Director Interview

Executive Director

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at YWCA in April 2013.

Interview Details Submitted resume, one phone call, one interview by the entire board and no followup by them. No phone call, no thanks anyway, no letter indicating someone else was selected. Very unprofessional. I sent a thank you note to the interviewers and followed-up with a phone call. Neither one resulted in any feedback.

Interview Question – Understanding you are currently looking for work, what would it take for you to say no to this position?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Lifeguard Interview

Lifeguard
Plainsboro, NJ (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at YWCA in June 2010.

Interview Details Sat down on some bleachers and got handed some forms. No real questions as I was already certified for position. Was told that as long as my background check came out clean I would be hired.

Interview Question – Have you ever been arrested?   Answer Question

Development Associate Interview

Development Associate

Interviewed at YWCA

Interview Details I had one meeting with the ED. They hired me on the spot with no further interviewing or vetting. My being hired had nothing to do with my skills and everything to do with who I knew.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation offered.

Program Coordinator Interview

Program Coordinator
Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at YWCA in February 2011.

Interview Details The interview itself was fairly easy and not intimidating. However, it seemed as though the Human Resources person that did the interview did not understand the program (fitness) that the interview was about. They were not able to elaborate or give "fitness" examples of the questions. The questions were probably used across the board with EVERY department at the YWCA.

Interview Question – How do you use our mission in your daily life.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little room for growth within the company. And get used to the mission statement, they DRIVE it into you every day.

Administration Interview

Administration

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at YWCA.

Interview Details 5 people interviewed me, asked regular questions, mainly about the nature of the job.

Interview Question – How you do your daily work!!! I dont know what that means   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The pay was less than what expected

Development Interview

Development
Boston, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at YWCA.

Interview Details I received an email response to an online submission. Setting up the interview was relatively smooth, although the person setting up the interview was not clear on who I was meeting with. The interview was fine. It seemed we would go to the next stage, but then (as sometimes happened) no one called. After almost a month, I checked in. No reply. 10 months later the position is still posted. Strange.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions - normal questions   Answer Question

Chief Operating Officer Interview

Chief Operating Officer
Houston, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at YWCA in March 2010.

Interview Details I was recruited, interviewed with a panel, completed application and hired.

Negotiation Details – I was plesed witht he offer no negotiation needed.

Development Intern Interview

Development Intern

Interviewed at YWCA

Interview Details Friendly and welcoming, overall a great interview experience

Interview Question – Don't remember   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at YWCA

Worked for YWCA? Contribute to the Community!