YMCA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Member Experience Staff Interview

Member Experience Staff
Vancouver, BC

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at YMCA in April 2014.

Interview Details Very straightforward. I applied online and got called to set up an interview the next day. Interviewer talked a lot about the job at hand. Lots of customer service related questions.

Very Difficult Interview

Language Assessor Interview

Language Assessor
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at YMCA in December 2013.

Interview Details One hour job interview with two people asking questions. Very detailed but friendly and inviting atmosphere.

Interview Question – Describe a time you disagreed with your boss' decision   Answer Question

Day Camp Site Director Interview

Day Camp Site Director
London, ON

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at YMCA in January 2013.

Interview Details I had already worked at this day camp for previous years so the interview process was not very rigorous as I knew the manager.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had conflict with another co-worker.   Answer Question

Aquatics Supervisor Interview

Aquatics Supervisor

Interviewed at YMCA

Interview Details Applied online, received a call the next day after submission deadlines. Interview was scheduled 4 days after the call. Several stages interview process, I did not expected such a detailed behavioral type interview on the first stage. Was asked about 10 questions, for about 50 minutes, by two interviewers. They seemed nice and professional.

Interview Question – It was my first interview so I wasn't sure what to expect. All answers was supposed to be based on the actual experience, a lot of questions that dealt with collaboration, motivation to action and team work. Most difficult situation, how I dealt with it.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Manager Interview

Manager
Moncton, NB

I applied through another source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at YMCA in May 2012.

Interview Details Very casual interview process, went through a generic questionnaire. The process was laid back and comfortable.

Interview Question – I honestly didn't have any, however, on a personal note, I find it uncomfortable when asked what are my salary expectations   Answer Question

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

Summer Camp Counselor
Windsor, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at YMCA in April 2012.

Interview Details Submitted cover letter and resume. Received an email to interview. Interview consisted of a group interview with 10+ people. Needed to present a speech to the group and lead a game/camp song. Also completed other group activities where you had to act as a leader or a follower in different situations. There was no one-on-one interview.

Interview Question – How will you lead in a way that exemplifies the YMCA's core values?   Answer Question

Maintenance Interview

Maintenance
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at YMCA in October 2009.

Interview Details was a three manager panel interview, with several questions repeated with slight change to the wording

Interview Question – How would you proceed when discovering a deceased person in the building.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Zero negotiation, before or during employment

Information and Referral Specialist Interview

Information and Referral Specialist
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at YMCA in August 2009.

Interview Details Send in application, followed by telephonic Interview and other 2 rounds of Personal interviews, Finally the salary negotiations

Interview Question – How will you serve the homeless or refugees in shelters?   Answer Question

Summer Camp Counsellor Interview

Summer Camp Counsellor
Toronto, ON

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at YMCA in May 2012.

Interview Details Asked a form from the front desk and handed it in.
Couple of days later I got called for an interview.
It was a group interview with 3 people, one being the director.
They checked my reference and then received a call a week after.

Interview Question – None basic personality questions.
What you can contribute to the company
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was seasonal, asked if I could be flexible in my role. Like could I be a sports counselor for two weeks and then an aquatics counselor the next 2 weeks.

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst

Interviewed at YMCA

Interview Details I applied via YMCA website. The procedure is like any other interview where they scan through all the applicants and then, either call the selected candidate or email them. Once you get selected, I got called for on-site interview.

Interview Question – All questions were common sense and everyday network debugging questions.   Answer Question

Worked for YMCA? Contribute to the Community!