XO Communications Interview Questions

Updated 4 Sep, 2014
Updated 4 Sep, 2014

2.6

Attorney Interview

I had an initial interview on the phone. I was then requested to come to their offices in Northern Virginia for an in person interview. I met with managers that I might support. The interviews went well, but they chose a local candidate, rather than me as I would have had to establish temporary living arrangements.

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pennsauken, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pennsauken, NJ (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at XO Communications.

I was interviewed by the manager of the XO office located in Pennsauken NJ. She was anxious to hire an experienced Telecom Tech which I was. It was a friendly experience and I was confident I would be hired because I was recommended by someone who had a daily contact with one of XO's techs.

Interview Questions
    • was I ever convicted of a crime or ever have my driving privileges revoked   View Answer
    I got a higher salary than I asked for and asked for less than hoped to get.

Software Engineer IV Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at XO Communications in October 2013.

Phone screening and Extensive technical interview performed.

Interview Questions
    • Had to solve a couple of day to day basis programming problems.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

While the hiring process at XO might seem to drag out at times, that changes once you obtain an interview with the hiring manager. They will ask probing questions regarding your experience, long/short term goals, your strongest assets, why you want to work there, and what you consider to be your weakest skill/quality. Then depending on the position, you could be asked specific questions to determine if you have the skills required for the position

Interview Questions
    • There was only one unexpected question in regards to etiquette while working in a "cube" environment   Answer Question
    There was a little room to negotiate based on experience and fair market value

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at XO Communications.

Interview process was one day; came in and met with three members of the team, including the hiring manager. They introduced me to folks in the office and were very open about the pros and cons of working here.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult; the hiring manager was very straight forward. She took alot of notes, which I liked. Showed she was interested.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate, mostly because I had been laid off for 8 months. I didn't want to ruin my chances. However, the recruiter had told me the salary range for this job, and the offer came in at the top end of the range. I was happy, so I took it.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at XO Communications.

The hiring process for this company is a joke!

You first go through a phone interview then several face to face interviews. The first manager I interviewed with and whose team had the opening, was great! Very detailed, direct about the prospecting and cold calling involved with the role. Discussed the perseverance and acumen it takes for one to succeed. He was also very motivating. I felt great about the opportunity.
    The next phase of the process was meeting with other Sales Managers who asked me questions I am positive they are not allowed to ask for legality reasons, but also seemed he could really care less to be truly interested in what I have to say. It seemed to me he had already made up his mind in the first 10 seconds of meeting me. Not much more can be said for my last interview with the Director of Sales who actually seemed irritated to be interviewing me. They have you interview with other account managers. All in all you may go through 5 interviews and a phone interview for an account manager position? I guess if someone has no other prospects then it is not an issue. I was very interested in XO as a company and after my first meeting with the first sales manager, I put up with the process. I will not be selecting XO as an employer and do not recommend them.

Tax Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at XO Communications.

Spent two hours talking to me and finally got rejection next week. Have no idea why they waste my time.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at XO Communications in October 2012.

Face-to-Face

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to deal with a difficult employee and/or project team member? If so, how did you deal with that individual?   View Answer
    Pleasant. However, I asked for more then the offered 3% and was told this was the most they could offer, given current business conditions.

Technical Support Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at XO Communications.

Applied online. Was contacted for interview by email. Arrived on time. There was no one to direct me or let me in (building security station was unmanned). Asked guy in jeans for directions. He worked there, so took me up in elevator, let me in office and showed me where I was to meet with hiring manager. Had what I thought was a good interview. Manager followed up by phone to let me know I had not been hired.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Herndon, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at XO Communications in May 2012.

Very straightforward, my boss did most of the talking.

Interview Questions
    You can take the job if you want it...

Worked for XO Communications? Contribute to the Community!