Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars

Updated 19 Sep, 2014

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars

Research Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars.

Referred by my Prof. got an onsite interview with a recruiter. Interview questions focused on research skills. Also a good candidate's background should be a good match to the scholar he or she would be assigned to.

Interview Questions
    Nice place with scholars from around the world. Several events for interns. But intern's job functions highly depend on assisted scholar. It can be a good fit for Econ and poli-sci majors.

Staff Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars.

After my initial online application, I was contacted for a phone interview with two of the program administrators. The interviewers were friendly and we actually had an engaging and pleasant conversation. Their questions were relatively simple. Most were about elaborating on experiences on my resume, how they've prepared me for this position, why I wanted to work for the Wilson Center, etc.

Interview Questions
    • There were no real unexpected questions. There were a couple of minor behavioral questions, such as "How do you handle projects with tight deadlines?"   Answer Question
    This is an unpaid position. While it has provided me with some leverage on my resume, I did not learn many valuable skills that compensated for living in this expensive city with no income. However, it opened my eyes to the world of think tanks, and all of the possibilities in Washington, D.C.

Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars.

application-interview-offer

Interview Questions
    • Remember to do the research first. Focus on the program bulletin or online projects. At least attend one of their events first.   Answer Question

Program Assistant Interview

Phone interview, then in-person interview with Program Director and Program Associate. This was a federal position, so it took months to be contacted initially.

Interview Questions
    I came in at the highest GS level for the position. I negotiated a start date.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars in January 2013.

Multiple phone call conversations, recommendations, cover letter and resume
    wanted to see prior experience in the field