Whole Foods Market

Average Difficulty
35 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Prepared Foods Team Member

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details Got t he phone call, planned the interview. Met with team lead, and assistant team lead. Did second interview, met with team lead and assistant team lead and astl. called the next day to give job offer.

Interview Question – It wasn't too difficult. Just basic questions.   Answer Question

Laguna Beach, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in February 2014.

Interview Details I went overboard and wrote a cover letter and spiffied up my resume for this entry-level position. I visited the store after submitting the application and asked to speak with a manager of the department to tell them I'd applied (put my face to the name) and to show my interest. Pretty sure that guaranteed me an interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to clean drains?   View Answer
  • What do you expect from management? What is your "happy place?"   View Answer

Roseville, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2012.

Interview Details A very generic interview- What are your strengths, weaknesses, experiences in the kitchen. Why should we hire you. It was with the head of the Prepared FOods Department and before that was with the store manager.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. just a flat out offer of 10.50

Charlestown, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in November 2013.

Interview Details I called one location several times and they had very poor communication with me and we immaturely were forced to play phone tag for approx. a month before another location near by finally reached out to me for an interview. I went for the interview (which went well) and then was asked to go through a two week background check process (which I thought was too long but to each his own). Then I had my on site interview with my soon to be manager (detailed below). He was pleasant, then after some questions, the overall manager of the entire store came out and talked to me, then the first manager came back, he offered me the position and I accepted it. Overall a kind of tedious process but I wasn't displeased too much.

Interview Question – "How easy was it to steal from your last job?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was fine, I didn't really see any reason to negotiate on anything.

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details I went to a whole foods job fair and interviewed with 2 of the team leaders. It was very casual and I felt at ease. After about two weeks of waiting for them to get my background check sorted, I received a call and went to an orientation where they talked about welcoming everyone on board.
After reading some of the reviews on here, I was certain I'd get asked weird questions but maybe since I was hired out of a job fair they forewent that.

Interview Question – They asked if I knew anything about organics, GMOs, and what the company stood for.   View Answer

Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2012.

Interview Details I had to go back several times to get an interview. I was very persistent. They usually hire from within the company. They asked the usual questions. Why do you want to work at Whole Foods. What do you know about Whole Foods? Have you ever worked in a grocery store?

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had an irate customer and how you dealt with the situation?   Answer Question

Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details Interview was very brief, not realistic of job conditions or scheduling.

Interview Question – There was no difficult questions, interview was about 5 minutes.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No was paid low & stayed that way for a year.

Prepared Foods Team Member

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details Getting this job was fairly easy. Many people went out of their way to contact the team leaders before the interview, which from what I've heard helped, but I did not do that. I had previous experience working in food, so they just called me up and went through a very relaxed interview and hired me immediately.

Interview Question – There was nothing too difficult, all very typical interview questions: greatest strength and weakness, one problem you solved and how, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very short. They asked what I wanted to get paid, and they agreed.

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in January 2014.

Interview Details Very relaxed atmosphere but professional. Very nice and real person doing the interview.
He was team leader for prepared foods.

Interview Question – Which of our core values is most important to you ?   View Answer

West Palm Beach, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details Had several different interviews. Met first with Team Leaders with the Department. Then the Store Assistant Team Leader. Then the Store Team Leader. After those 3 interviews, I was finally offered the job. However, you must then consent to the background check. When that comes back ok, then you are finally called in for your orientation process. The whole process took several weeks. (about 3 weeks from first interview to orientation).

Interview Question – They asked if I knew what the company stood for. Kind of threw me off guard for a second. I knew that they sold natural and organic foods and promoted healthy lifestyles, but I didn't know the "why" behind it. He (the interviewer) then told me the company motto. My advice is to just do as much research beforehand as you can! I did some research, and I think that is why I was successful.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Make sure you do your research on the company and what they stand for.

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!