Whole Foods Market

Updated 3 Dec, 2014

2.0

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

one interview was done in a group setting and then a one on one. It was a relaxed setting and team members were very nice and enthusiastic. I liked the working environment and the atmosphere

Other Interview Reviews for Whole Foods Market

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in October 2014.

I applied online for Whole Foods in Clearwater. The same day I get a call from Whole Foods. Over the phone they asked me some basic questions about my employment history. They invited me to come in for a group interview for 2 hours the week after. First saw a presentation, filled out an availability sheet, introduce ourselves, say what our favorite foods were and why Whole Foods. Then we were divided into groups a couple of times. First we did a skit, then we did a 30 second commercial related to the core values. I thought it was challenging because they wanted to see how we interact. At the end, I told the team leaders that I was very interested in working for Whole Foods and that I would like a chance there. They told us to keep checking for our emails from them. A couple of days later, I received an email congratulating and welcoming me aboard the team. First, we had to complete the online paper work like for background checks, etc. Then we had to schedule a post offer employment test to see we can lift up to 50 lb., push and pull a cart with weights in it, etc After that if we pass that, we found out when the start date is as soon as Whole Foods has the results. I know I did great. Now I have to stay positive and see how things go.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite food? Why do you want to work for Whole Foods Market?   Answer Question
    $11/hour

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in October 2014.

Applied for the job, then had a phone interview a couple days after. Was sent an email inviting me to a hiring event (aka: a group interview). After moving on from first group interview, I was selected to have a one-on-one interview with a Team Leader. Was notified that I was hired afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • What is a positive and negative example from your experience in customer service.   Answer Question

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Got t he phone call, planned the interview. Met with team lead, and assistant team lead. Did second interview, met with team lead and assistant team lead and astl. called the next day to give job offer.

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in July 2014.

I got a phone call few days after applying. One of the ATL's asked me some basic questions regarding the company (what they do, what they stand behind etc., do I know what organic means) and scheduled an interview.

Interview went pretty smooth. I dressed pretty casual (jeans and button up). I was told to wait at the in store cafeteria. After a few minutes an ATL came down to escort me to the place we'd be conducting interview. We chatted a bit on the way there. I was interviewed by a TL and the ATL that escorted me. They asked me about my life, where I'm headed, what do I like doing, afterwards they asked me about the company in general and my experience in retail. Overall a very relaxed interview that went really stress free.

Got a call from them a few days later offering me the position. Had to come in to sign some paperwork regarding background check and was e-mailed details of training to come.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between organic and natural?
      What do you value the most?

View Answer

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in July 2014.

The hiring process was very matter-of-fact: I applied online via the Whole Foods website, and received a call from the Team Leader two days later asking me a few preliminary questions. He then invited me an in-person interview, which was held two days later. He and the Store Manager interviewed me together, and the questions were very much "standard interview" questions: "tell me about yourself", "where do you see yourself in five years", "what are your greatest strengths/weaknesses", etc. The interview lasted about 15-20 minutes, and I was told they'd get back to me within a couple of days. The Store Manager called me only a few hours later and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a conflict you've had with a co-worker, and explain how you resolved it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation; they just offered the job to me, and told me what the wage would be. Since it was in line with what I was expecting, I accepted.

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

I went to a whole foods job fair and interviewed with 2 of the team leaders. It was very casual and I felt at ease. After about two weeks of waiting for them to get my background check sorted, I received a call and went to an orientation where they talked about welcoming everyone on board.
    After reading some of the reviews on here, I was certain I'd get asked weird questions but maybe since I was hired out of a job fair they forewent that.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if I knew anything about organics, GMOs, and what the company stood for.   View Answers (2)

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview was very brief, not realistic of job conditions or scheduling.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult questions, interview was about 5 minutes.   View Answer
    No was paid low & stayed that way for a year.

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Whole Foods Market in April 2014.

first had group interview that ran about 2 hours long. then called back for a second and brief interview questions why do you want to work for wholefoods.

no negotiation

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Getting this job was fairly easy. Many people went out of their way to contact the team leaders before the interview, which from what I've heard helped, but I did not do that. I had previous experience working in food, so they just called me up and went through a very relaxed interview and hired me immediately.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing too difficult, all very typical interview questions: greatest strength and weakness, one problem you solved and how, etc.   Answer Question
    Very short. They asked what I wanted to get paid, and they agreed.