Whole Foods Market

409 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Specialty Department Interview

Interviewed at Whole Foods Market

Interview Details Initial phone interview, two personal interviews. Took about 2weeks

Interview Question – Are you a fisherman or a hunter?   Answer Question

Whole Body Buyer Canada Interview

Markham, ON

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in August 2012.

Interview Details Most interviews take place at a hotel banquet hall...it is somewhat of a cattle call if it is due to a new store opening. You are required to fill our some forms and then given a short panel interview and required to watch some short company culture videos.

Interview Question – What products do you use and what natural lines and supplements do you like?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much room to negotiate hourly rate. You either take it or leave it. The research I did on the position revealed a misleading salary base rate.

ATL Interview

West Vancouver, BC

I applied online - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in January 2012.

Interview Details Interviewed with Associate Store Team Leader then department Team Leader, followed by the Store Team Leader and a panel interview. Questioned pertaining to leadership and training ability, product knowledge, lifestyle and outlook.

Interview Question – Nothing is difficult or unexpected in an interview.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader
Oakville, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in June 2011.

Interview Details Several Team Members, HR, STL and coordinator....
Questions regarding financials, culture and etc...

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you have a problem with a customer and how did you resolve it?   View Answer

Front End Team Member Interview

Front End Team Member
Vancouver, BC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in April 2010.

Interview Details I was asked how much I know about WFM and about core values. Make sure you know them well and refer to them. Also customer service experience is important.

Interview Questions

Florist Interview

Florist
Oakville, ON

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in January 2010.

Interview Details Brought in my resume and completed an application.
Was contacted by the Produce Team Leader. We chatted briefly and then set-up an in person interview.
Typically you would have a screening with the Store Team Leader then with the department Team Leader. My was reversed due to availability.
Both interviews were less than 30 mins. Spoke about why I wanted to work there, why I left my last job, my previous experience and a bit about flowers. Very laid back interview. Conversational.

Interview Question – Spring is coming up - name top three flowers you'd want to see on the sales floor for the season.   View Answer

Store Graphic Artist Interview

Columbia, SC (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details I had a phone interview and a panel interview, with many of the managerial staff including but not limited to Body Life Manager, Marketing Manager, and Store Manager. There was a drawing test. I was not required to bring a portfolio but it was appreciated. They were interested in my studio background in addition to my design skills

Interview Question – A produce provider brings in strawberries that he says are as sweet as those strawberry candies. However, we do not sell this kind of product because it has genetically modified ingredients. How would you promote this commentary in our store without promoting an item with GM ingredients?   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Assistant Interview

San Ramon, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied for a different location than the one that contacted me. The day after I applied, a store 10 minutes from that location contacted me about an interview. I agreed, and later put in the application for that store. I went in and interviewed with 3 people; their positions were not disclosed. We sat outside and they asked me general questions regarding my past experience, best and worst scenarios, etc. It went very well, and they said they would be in touch. The very next day, I was contacted by one of the interviewers asking if I would come in again to meet with the store manager. I agreed, and went in and had a very informal conversation with the manager about why I wanted to work there. After we parted ways, the original interviewer came over and thanked me for coming in and said they'd be in touch in the next two days. I did not receive a phone call back, unfortunately.

Interview Question – No difficult questions - one of the interviewers asked me what my favorite season was.   View Answer

Prepared Foods Team Member Interview

Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in September 2012.

Interview Details I had to go back several times to get an interview. I was very persistent. They usually hire from within the company. They asked the usual questions. Why do you want to work at Whole Foods. What do you know about Whole Foods? Have you ever worked in a grocery store?

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had an irate customer and how you dealt with the situation?   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in March 2014.

Interview Details Initial call consisted of a supervisor asking why you'd like to work for Whole Foods. A second, follow-up call inviting me to participate in a group interview after another barrage of questions over the phone (experiences in customer service, most difficult customer experience, favorite Whole Foods product). Then there was the group interview which was essentially a cattle call, consisting of myself and 30+ other candidates. There were about 8 different "Team Leaders" (managers/supervisors), including the Assistant Store Manager. They told us a bit about the company and asked us to go around the room introducing ourselves. (Why do you want to work for WFM, what is your favorite food, etc.) Then they broke us down into 6 groups of 5 people to create a skit for Whole Foods highlighting a core value and a skit highlighting good customer service/bad customer service. The group interview lasted 3+ hours all told. We were told to arrive at 8am and I didn't leave until after 11am. We spent 1 hour from 8 to 9am waiting for the ASM to show up to start the interview. It seemed unprofessional. Then I was called back for a one-on-one interview, which consisted of a hiring manager and a supervisor for the department I was applying to. Mention the core values and the fact that WFM is rated as one of the top companies to work for by Forbes Magazine, it's very impressive. After that, they will either make you a job offer on the spot (which they did for me) or tell you they'll be in touch. Then about a week later you start your training at a different store than you were hired at, depending where the trainer is sent to.

Interview Question – Working in groups with people who you are up against for a job is very awkward if you're not thick skinned enough to handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They pay $11 dollars an hour starting April 1st. I don't think there is room for any negotiation amongst entry level employees.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Whole Foods Market

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!

Whole Foods Market Videos

Whole Foods Market – Why Work for Us?

​​Our Motto Our motto — Whole Foods, Whole People, Whole Planet — emphasizes that our vision reaches beyond food retailing. In fact, our deepest purpose as an organization is helping support the health, well-being, and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Whole Foods Market interview questions and advice. All 409 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Whole Foods Market employees and interview candidates.