Whole Foods Market

413 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Specialty Department Interview

Interviewed at Whole Foods Market

Interview Details Initial phone interview, two personal interviews. Took about 2weeks

Interview Question – Are you a fisherman or a hunter?   Answer Question

Whole Body Buyer Canada Interview

Markham, ON

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in August 2012.

Interview Details Most interviews take place at a hotel banquet hall...it is somewhat of a cattle call if it is due to a new store opening. You are required to fill our some forms and then given a short panel interview and required to watch some short company culture videos.

Interview Question – What products do you use and what natural lines and supplements do you like?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much room to negotiate hourly rate. You either take it or leave it. The research I did on the position revealed a misleading salary base rate.

ATL Interview

West Vancouver, BC

I applied online - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in January 2012.

Interview Details Interviewed with Associate Store Team Leader then department Team Leader, followed by the Store Team Leader and a panel interview. Questioned pertaining to leadership and training ability, product knowledge, lifestyle and outlook.

Interview Question – Nothing is difficult or unexpected in an interview.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader
Oakville, ON

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in June 2011.

Interview Details Several Team Members, HR, STL and coordinator....
Questions regarding financials, culture and etc...

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you have a problem with a customer and how did you resolve it?   View Answer

Front End Team Member Interview

Front End Team Member
Vancouver, BC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in April 2010.

Interview Details I was asked how much I know about WFM and about core values. Make sure you know them well and refer to them. Also customer service experience is important.

Interview Questions

Florist Interview

Florist
Oakville, ON

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in January 2010.

Interview Details Brought in my resume and completed an application.
Was contacted by the Produce Team Leader. We chatted briefly and then set-up an in person interview.
Typically you would have a screening with the Store Team Leader then with the department Team Leader. My was reversed due to availability.
Both interviews were less than 30 mins. Spoke about why I wanted to work there, why I left my last job, my previous experience and a bit about flowers. Very laid back interview. Conversational.

Interview Question – Spring is coming up - name top three flowers you'd want to see on the sales floor for the season.   View Answer

Fish Monger Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market.

Interview Details I submitted my application online through the employer's website. I was contacted by phone to set an initial interview. I went through 2 interviews prior to being hired on full time with the seafood department. The interviews were short and sweet. The whole process was well organized and efficient. Orientation was not as organized and was drawn out over several months. The orientation classes often seemed after the fact as I was learning most of what was covered during the 30-60 minute classes on the job.

Interview Question – Who is your favorite superhero?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non existant

Very Easy Interview

Front End Cashier Interview

Northbrook, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in August 2013.

Interview Details All applications are accepted online. Through email, an interview was set up. It is important to show interest in natural and organic products. Be able to describe those in an effective and accurate matter, in a way you would explain it to a customer. It is also important to be engaging and comfortable with asking customers for donations.

Interview Question – Are you comfortable with asking for donations? What do you know about Whole Planet Foundation and Whole Kids Foundation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was little to negotiate, the pay was set at $10.00 starting salary. In other departments, with more skills you can negotiate to start higher.

Bakery Team Member Interview

Houston, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Whole Foods Market in April 2014.

Interview Details Saw the job online. Signed up with WF website, created a profile, uploaded my resume, entered all of my job history various times on the WF website profile, created a cover letter for the website. Received an email inviting me to the job fair. Showed up at job fair, met with three people, all were very nice. Was interviewed by one local manager, then passed to another location's manager. At the job fair there were 3 tables lined up with two interviewers at each table. They all had one interviewee they were both talking to, but you were seated right next to the other people. You could hear other people interviewing at the same time as you. It was a small challenge to maintain focus while you were answering or during the pause before the next question not to start listening to other people. She asked me many questions about relevant job history, what i know about WF stores, if I could help with certain bakery things, cake decorating, training, etc. She offered me an hourly rate on the spot.

Interview Question – -Tell me a little bit about what you did at your last job. I wasn't prepared for a clear concise answer for this.
-Do you shop at WF; if so, what is it you like about it? Specifically.
- Tell me a little about the signage at your whole foods, what do you notice.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. She offered I accepted.

Marketing Interview

Interviewed at Whole Foods Market

Interview Details After submitting my resume there was an email exchange, followed-up by a phone interview. After successfully advancing past those steps there was a group interview that was done in a "speed dating" format. I had never heard of that before but was game. It was weird to see the other job candidates in the same room but then again Whole Foods isn't like other companies.

Interview Question – What do you like to do in Austin?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Whole Foods Market

Worked for Whole Foods Market? Contribute to the Community!

Whole Foods Market Videos

Whole Foods Market – Why Work for Us?

​​Our Motto Our motto — Whole Foods, Whole People, Whole Planet — emphasizes that our vision reaches beyond food retailing. In fact, our deepest purpose as an organization is helping support the health, well-being, and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Whole Foods Market interview questions and advice. All 413 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Whole Foods Market employees and interview candidates.