WestJet Interview Questions

Updated 3 Mar, 2015

3.1

Application

I applied online – interviewed at WestJet.

Interview

The interview was composed of a one on one interview and a group interview. During the one on one portion, your work experience is reviewed and 3 behaviour questions are asked. Then you proceed to the group interview. There were 25 candidates in the room and we were asked to introduce ourselves and answer one of 2 questions during our introduction. For the next part, we were given a topic and had to speak for one minute about that topic. 35 sets of eyes on you can and did make many people speechless! (There were about 10 managers/HR people in the room taking notes during the group portion).

Westjet said it could take up to three weeks to hear back.

The pay is low, but the travel benefits are amazing. It does sound like a great company to work for with a lot of room for advancement. My fingers are crossed!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a negative experience you had with an irate client and what you did to fix it?   Answer Question

AME Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at WestJet.

Interview

Applied online got an Email saying that there will be a phone interview which was based on personality test mostly.After that they fly you to Calgary and do a panel interview which is basically a behaviourial based interview no technical questions for AME'S.Once done they will call your references and after that got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation

TAC Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at WestJet (Calgary, AB) in April 2014.

Interview

I'm not sure if there was much judgment going on during the group interview portion. We introduced ourselves to the group and said 2 truths and 1 lie. One of the tasks: Prioritize items to bring on a life raft. Answers in the one-to-one interview were not as important as behaviour. I remained conversational.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not negotiable. Same offer for all new hires as far as I could tell.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WestJet (Toronto, ON) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied on-line on their website on Monday March 24th 2014, on Tuesday the following day got an email inviting me to an interview for that Sat the 29th. Super excited. Researched the company and its routes, A/C and such. The interview process was 3 hours. Started with a group activities and group introductions. there was 26 of us to start with. After the intro's we were split into two groups of 13 people and the first group went to one-on-one intierviews and the second group stayed behind and participated in some group activities.. '60 seconds of fame' - they give you a topic and you have 60 seconds to talk about it - mainly to see your attitude, your language skills and how you handle being put on the spot. Questions could be "you've just hit someone's car in the parking lot but noone saw it - what would you do?" or "you just learned that you've been schedule one extra shift that falls on your day off that you've made big plans for - how do you handle that obsticle?" - Once the people that are doing one-on-one are done then you switch and your one-on-one takes place.
    During that interview they ask behavioral questions... "tell me about a time, that you've had a negative situation and you've made it positive". After all the one-on-one are done the information session takes place. THis is the part where they inform you about the job, how it works, scheduling, how to pick up extra days if you like, days off, bidding, vacation and compensation. They also open the floor for questions so you can ask them to clarify things for you. And that conclude the interview session

Interview Questions

• 1.Give me an example as to when you've broken an SOP, but believed to be justified?
      2.Why do you want to be a Flight Attendant?

1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at WestJet (Calgary, AB).

Interview

Electronic Application Submission
    -Recruiting Pre-Screening
    -Manager & Recruiting Review
    -Interviews (don't be alarmed by the casual attire of the recruiter and employees)
    -Follow-up Interviews If Necessary

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for situational behaviour interview questions. Come prepared enough that you have examples of things like "tell me a time when you overcame an obstacle to a required task" or "tell me a time when you didn't agree with someone else and how that played out", etc., etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at WestJet (Calgary, AB).

Interview

Group interview - over 100 people. Was very relaxed, fun atmosphere. The WestJet staff were very kind and friendly and the event was actually a lot of fun. We were split into 3 groups and the whole thing lasted at 4 hours. Everyone has a one-on-one interview which is very casual and lasts about 15-20 minutes. They ask me about my customer service experience, why I wanted to work at WestJet and they asked me a few other scenario questions. When back with my group we did different 'games'. One was that everyone had to stand up and say what you would put in a time capsule and why then they would ask you a question and you had to talk about your answer for 60 seconds. Another was a game where you were split into groups and had to connect by hands and untangle yourselves then they questioned you afterwards about who came out as the leader and why, etc... Another involved current flight attendants and you could ask them any questions you had. Then they had an information session where they talked about the pay and job and what in entailed.

Interview Questions

• Scenario - If you noticed your fellow flight attendant being rude or short with a passenger, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a situation where you were very busy and were then asked to take on another task, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Team Leader Or Manager Airport Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WestJet (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Phone Interview to assess ability and salary match
    A group interview where you work closely with a group on a task and present the end result as a team
     2 interviews in a one on one situation with very in-depth behavioral interview questions. They are watching your body language, presentation of attire and how you answer questions.
    If you do your homework on the culture at Westjet and you are well prepared with viable scenarios that will wow them.. you have a good shot.
    Back ground check and then an offer

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a project with a team that did not go the way you thought? What was this project and how did you turn this into a positive experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

Good, No salary increase but offered additional vacation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at WestJet (Ottawa, ON).

Interview

Phone interview, group interview, one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• I honeslty can't remember much, but alot of behavioural based questions to see who you really are.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is very low to start, but rises fast.

Pilot Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at WestJet (Calgary, AB) in May 2013.

Interview

Online application. Technical examination consisting of 20 questions, one is long form the other 19 are multiple choice. The interview starts with the team introducing themselves and then they ask you to tell them about yourself. Behavioral questions, for example tell me about a time... questions. Presentation, then a scenario based question on conflict resolution.

Interview Questions

• Scenario: You just completed your external aircraft inspection and when you return to the cockpit, the head flight attendant stops you and begins to berate you in front of the other crew members. He/she is upset that you did not help with the cabin inspection on a quick turn. How do you deal with this? The flight attendant will not let it go and the passengers are boarding.   1 Answer

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online and got a call after 2 months. Received an interview schedule and it went well. Had invited once more to meet with the entire team. Received an offer for the position but declined the offer.

Interview Questions

• A common question such as situational problem that you had that relates to an environment that you are supporting   Answer Question