Wells Fargo

2,277 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Loan Document Specialist Interview

Loan Document Specialist

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details interviewed with 2 managers. Typical interview questions. Formal, yet pretty easy

Interview Question – Asked to speak in French, name a time when you had to take a risk and it worked out and when it didn't work out   Answer Question

Phone Banker Interview

Phone Banker
El Monte, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

Interview Details Their HR will send an email for you to finish. Those questions are easy. It is about your work ethnic and common sense. If they like your application, they will have a phone interview. The phone interview is straight forward. Pass it, then you get to meet/ interview with the branch manager.

Interview Question – How do you upsell?   Answer Question

Phone Banker Interview

Phone Banker

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details Phone interview to go over your resume. Second interview to go in depth with you, also more than one person. They will ask about everything from former jobs to personal preferences about work place. The hiring will put me at ease with their banter. All in all it was actually a fun interview.

Interview Question – Name a time you had a difficult situation, and describe how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Personal Banker I Interview

Personal Banker I

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in February 2013.

Interview Details questions are behavioral based. Questions are detailed and examples of successful contributions are asked. Providing awards from previous employment is also helpful. After group interview, candidate meets one on one with a store manager.

Interview Question – providing examples of difficult situations and how you would handl them   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Teller

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2012.

Interview Details I applied online for a teller position. I received a call a couple of days later in which they asked me about my desired city of employment and instructed me that I would be receiving another call detailing the information of a group interview I would need to attend. The group interview included about 12 other candidates for the position and took place in a round table conference room in a business building. This included all of the basic questions you would expect at an interview, nothing really surprised me. Once I made it past this interview, I received a call from a manager at a local branch for an interview with him and the assistant manager. I unfortunately did not get offered a job after this interview. A week after I found out I wouldn't be offered a job at that location I received a call from another local branch with a request for an interview. Much like before, I interviewed with the branch manager and assistant manager. At the end of this interview they offered me the job.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Loan Document Specialist Interview

Loan Document Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

Interview Details I started my process on CareerBuilder.com. I submitted my resume for the position online. A Wells Fargo recruiter sent me an email back within 3 days to schedule a phone interview. I pretty much said I was available anytime during the normal business day and they scheduled me for the next day at 11:30am. That was fine by me.

Phone Screen:
11:30am - Recruiter called me as promised, and we went over my resume with a fine tooth comb and had me give my idea of what the position entails. I did so and they liked my answers as I have had 4+ years of the very same experience and knew how to answer those questions. From there the recruiter asked me other questions regarding my MS Office skills, Word, Excel, and Outlook mostly. I have worked with a couple of the MS office suites. They do look different. I have been using MS Office 2003 at home and MS Office 2007 or 2010 at work. I must say I do like the ribbon at the top. Anyways, after that came the good part. "How much is your salary requirement?" I actually low-balled myself. LOL! I just wanted to "get a job" and I was throwing myself under the bus. I figure that if other people ask for too much they will be disqualified. If I ask for a low offer I should be able to get the job fast. I told the recruiter what my "range" of pay was and they said flat out to me "oh they pay more than that" and I was like okay. So I told them what my highest would be and they noted that into the account.

Got a call a week later from the Hiring Managers Assistant and scheduled the interview a few days later on a Wednesday in the afternoon.

Wednesday Interview:
I was interviewed by two nice ladies for the position. One was the actual manager I would be working for and the other was somebody on the team who knows the systems/job duties/everything about the job pretty much inside and out. The interview was mostly 8 behavior questions which I wrote down as much as I can without stalling the interview process. "What kind of process did you develop, and how did it help out? "What were some of your challenges in the past?" "How do you deal with Adaptability / Change in the workplace?" "How do you re-prioritize your work?" Things of that nature. Every question has about 3-5 sub questions like challenges, importance, outcome of the changes. After the 8 questions and their sub parts were over they asked me about some of my skills of my previous jobs doing the same thing there. Went over that info. Asked me if I can work Overtime. "Yes." I said. Of course with a big grin on my face. I currently do not get OT at my place of employment, so that made me pretty happy there. After that is was mostly chit chat about work things going back and forth about the joys of the job as they could tell I had a lot of experience in explaining in detail what I do on a daily basis. After that Hiring Manager said "that is all the questions I have for now." The other said the same. I had asked a couple follow up questions such as "where do we go from here, and when can I expect a response back either way about the position." They replied that the recruiter will get back with me if selected. I said "Thanks!" and was on my merry way out the door.

Interview Question – None for me really. Just have to think of 8 scenarios about past experiences that fit the question without dodging the question entirely.   Answer Question

Personal Banker I Interview

Personal Banker I

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2014.

Interview Details Several levels of screening. Much of the communication was via email. Very specific screening questions, it is clear they are looking for a certain type of individual to work in their banks. Sales background is clearly a plus with this company. In every position, there are some sort of sales goals to be attained. Very professional environment, dress to impress. Afterall, your dealing with a persons finances, they need to have confidence in you.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   View Answer

On Line Customer Service Representative Interview

On Line Customer Service Representative

I applied through another source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details I applied for the job online and a month later I received an email saying. " We will be holding an INVITATION ONLY EVENT for this position. You will have an opportunity to meet with recruiters and/or hiring managers to share your background and experience." So I arrived and waited a few hours to meet with someone and I had 2 interviews until I was offered the position.

Interview Question – All the question were pretty straight forward I didn't see anyone having trouble answering them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate.

Bank Teller Interview

Bank Teller

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in May 2014.

Interview Details After submitting application you will get an email with screening questions. They are really easy as they are based on how many years you have of experience of Customer service and selling experience. If you pass you will get a screen where you will be able to pick an interview time which will be conducted as a group.
Your group will be from anything from 5-10 max. people. You will get ask 3 questions such topics as customer service, selling goal and accomplishments.
If you pass your group interview then your information will be passed down to the branch you applied to. From there you will get a call to set up interview and well they will. have about 6questions. Then its up to the Branch manager to decide which candidate best fits his location. So good luck ! be relax and stay true to yourself

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you went above beyong for a customer?
What has been your biggest accomplishment? How did you do acheive it ? What was the outcome ?
  Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details I received a call from the Wells Fargo Recruiter and then had a telephone interview. He then set up a face to face. Wells Fargo got back to me shortly thereafter.

Interview Question – None, really. Very straight forward.   Answer Question

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!