Wells Fargo

Updated 21 Jan, 2015
2,785 Interview Reviews

2.7

Loan Document Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

interviewed with 2 managers. Typical interview questions. Formal, yet pretty easy

Interview Questions
    • Asked to speak in French, name a time when you had to take a risk and it worked out and when it didn't work out   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

So you apply to all the job postings that you want online wellsfargo.com/careers. You have to make an account and apply for each job post individually. Then you get an email to do a screening. It's a bunch of random aptitude questions. Then you'll get a choice as to when you would like to attend a group interview. This is for your entire metropolitan area. You interview with a recruiting officer. The group interview is about 2 hours long. You have to apply for all the job postings you want online again. Then you'll get an email telling you you can come for another interview-it is either one on one or another group interview. Or you'll get one saying they chose to go a different direction. If you get the former you'll go to a group interview-at least in my case- with a hiring panel. It has the district manager, and the managers at all the stores that have openings in the area. They'll ask you questions. Then at that point they write what they like about you and send it to recruitment who then makes the final decisions. Then the recruiting officer will either call you or email you telling you if you got the job. But careful, then you have to do an online application, set up a date for a fingerprint analysis, then the background check officialpy starts which could take a while. The. After that clears it's another week or two until you go into 2 weeks of mandatory 8-5 training. All in all the hiring process is about 6-8 weeks. It's long for an entry level job.

Tips- you don't have to be the first one to answer all of the questions but try to be the third or forth, because sometimes they'll skip to the next question for the sake of time
    Smile: look the interviewer straight in the eye and smile and make eye contact even when they're talking to the whole group.
    Dress: Dress better then you think you should. Wear a suit. For girls a blazer and work pants is perfect. They should be wrinkle free and ironed. Stick with neutral colors and minimal makeup. Girls don't ever wear bold lipstick to an interview it's just not appropriate. And no chipped nail polish. Guys- if you wear a suit don't wear a black tie- it's only appropriate for funerals and weddings. Make sure your socks don't show and your tie should match your shirt.
    Sales- what they're looking for the most is cash experience and sales experience. And people who can learn quickly and easily. Extra friendly is the key word here. They also have customer satisfaction surveys so if you're not great with customers it might not be the right fit.

Interview Questions
    • Whats a time you've overcome an obstacle? what did you learn?   View Answer
    • Whens a time you've dealt with a difficult customer? How did you retain them?   Answer Question
    • Name a professional achievement. What did you learn about yourself?   Answer Question
    • We find coachability very important. Whens a time you'd say you learned a task quickly and effectively   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a personal sales goal. MOST IMPORTANT   Answer Question
    Sometimes with tellers you'll have to mark both part time and full time because they have more part time positions available- but it could lead to full time. Just be prepared that it could be part time they're offering you. I got
    A part time of 24 hours a week.

Analytics Consultant IV Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

1. Recruiter Contact
    2. Online Application
    3. Recruiter Phone Interview - Screening Call to check number of years of experience and technical Experience.
    4. Hiring Manager Phone Interview - Typically 2 managers panel on the phone going over a comprehensive list of techinical and scenario based questions.
    5. Hiring Manger In Person Interview - Panel of 2 managers final interview. Typically decision will be made quickly if the candidate is a match.

Costumer Serv and Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

was contacted by email to set up phone interview once confirm interview was contact the day of interview was ask questions about my previous job experience, and what i ail do in certain situations.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Got a phone interview with recruiter a couple weeks after applying, then a inperson interview at bank the folowwing week. Then quickly got an offer depending on background check which included fingerprints.

no negotiation

Securities Operations Service Specialist Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Great interview! They asked Behavioral questions related to past experiences. You must answer using the STAR method. There was two interviewers, which they alternated asking the questions. Interviewed on a Wednesday and was hired on a Friday.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to cope with an issue that you stayed positive?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Group Interview consists of about 8 people. First off, we talked about our previous sales and customer experiences. Then we learned about the history of the company as well as talk about our career goals and reason for applying for the position. Then we did a scripted partner role play as a teller and customer. If we passed the group interview, a customer service manager of a availble branch will call you in for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • It was a easy interview. All you have to prepare is to talk about sales and customer service experiences.   Answer Question

Phone Banker I Interview

Called on the phone first, they ask if you can basically use a computer such as alt+tab and ctrl+alt+delete. Also if you are comfortable with sales referrals. Then you get an in person interview to see how your personality is and how you can handle stress.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever failed and what did you do about it?   View Answer

CONSUMER LOAN UNDERWRITER Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Internal Process I interviewed for a position within my department for advancement I was selected as an underwriter from a processor but it was a lateral move. Wells Fargo gives you the opportunity to advance in positions but not salary. This is why I think that this company is not great over all

NONE

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Be as honest as possible. Identify experiences. Initial screening with hr rep over the phone. Then referred for face to face interview with district manager. Two interviews only then offer.

Didn't negotiate