Wells Fargo Interview Questions

Updated 27 Sep, 2014
2,547 Interview Reviews

2.7

Loan Document Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

interviewed with 2 managers. Typical interview questions. Formal, yet pretty easy

Interview Questions
    • Asked to speak in French, name a time when you had to take a risk and it worked out and when it didn't work out   Answer Question

Phone Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Monte, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Monte, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

Their HR will send an email for you to finish. Those questions are easy. It is about your work ethnic and common sense. If they like your application, they will have a phone interview. The phone interview is straight forward. Pass it, then you get to meet/ interview with the branch manager.

Teller Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

Applied for position online, completed screening online, got interview that week. Was a group interview with 8 other candidates for other locations. Answered 4 questions, watched a video about the position, and filled out another application. Interview lasted a little over an hour. Be sure to be relaxed and poised, think about your responses before answering so that you don't stumble over your words. Be sure to mention any experience with sales that you have, that is mainly what they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a teller, name a time you went above and beyond with customer service, how would you try to fix your sales record, name a time you reached a personal goal.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

it took about a month from the time I applied and the time I went through all the interview process.
    I first go a call and then there was a phone section. Then I went in for a face to face interview.

Phone Banker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

The phone interview lasted about 25 minutes; asking basic questions like my past sales experience, why I want to work there, etc. They were very friendly. The on site interview was TOUGH! It lasted 1 hour 15 minutes to be exact. questioned pretty much every detail of my resume, how i've dealt with management in the past. They gave me different scenarios and asked me how I would handle it. My future plans and how this job fits in. Asked me what I know about Wells Fargo. A lot of "tell me a time when..." type of questions. 2 managers interviewed me. The lady have five pages of questions she asked me. When I didn't answer the question; she let me know lol. overrall it was a good experience because I prepared. You can't just wing this interview; you really have to be prepared

Interview Questions
    • There were a lot of "tell me a time when..." type of questions; opportunities to show your customer service skills. I had two stories prepared by they asked me that question 6 different times so I had to think quickly.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate but looking back I think I could have asked for a little more.

Commercial Banking Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Completed the process through my University's career center. The process took about 2 weeks from submission deadline, to pre-interview dinner, to on campus, then office final round. There was great transparency in the whole process, and there interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions
    • What stock would you recommend and why? (Unsure what they were looking to test me on here)   View Answer

Regional Diverse Segments Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Panel interview. Be prepared to present powerpoint or written strategic overview on how you would manage the assigned territory. It should include strategies, tactics, resources and budget. It is valuable if you know the territory, the players, the areas that comprise the region and influencial resources that would contribute to the success of your management of the territory. Associations, affiliations, board positions with associated relative partners would be beneficial.

Interview Questions
    • Explain your strategy for increasing the penetration rate of low-to-moderate income and minority target markets as it relates to loan originations?   Answer Question
    Standard based on years of experience and credentials

Supply Chain Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Initially contacted by HR about 1 month after applying for the position. Was set up for a panel interview with 3 people from across the country, as they are a pretty dispersed team. Interviews went over a brief rundown of my background and a standard set of behavioral questions. I hour interview. I had about 10 minutes to ask questions. I believe this was a peer level interview by those that would be in my team / at my same level.

A second interview with their leaders/directors 10 days later. Same interview questions. 45 minutes. About 10 minutes for questions.

A third interview a week later with my future direct manager. Same interview questions. 30 minutes. About 5 minutes for questions.

Received a call about a week after that from the director to let me know they would like to make an offer, and they asked me about compensation requirements. I responded with my current compensation. We had some additional back and forth and agreed we would speak again the next day.

In the time it took for all of this to transpire (from initial application to where we are at this point), I had applied to other jobs. I actually received another offer for a position at my current company this same day.

Next day, he came back with a revised offer, but I did not feel like I had a solid understanding of the role / organization / direct supervisor and told him I would like to speak to my future manager a bit more to get a feel for his management style, specific responsibilities, etc. He agreed this was fine, but said he would need a decision the next day. I was trying to weigh this offer against the one from my current company.

Spoke to the direct manager again for about 30 minutes. This was probably the first time I got a true sense of what life would be like working at Wells Fargo. I did not come away with a "warm and fuzzy" feeling from this discussion, and it actually raised more concerns than not. (see below in "Why did you decline" section for more details). There were certainly some good things however such as bonuses and some work from home flexibility which were appealing. Also, the manager seemed like a nice enough person and seemed pretty reasonable. From a personal perspective I think he was probably the best part of the interview process.

However, after weighing all the pros and cons, I believed I had a better fit in the other job at my current company. This is where the whole process took a left turn and went off-course.

I called the director back and let him know that I had received an offer from my current company just a couple of days ago that I felt was a better fit for me and so would be declining his offer. He did not take it well, and became somewhat adversarial. My attempt to explain the situation only seemed to make him more upset. He also offered "friendly advice" (in a not so friendly tone) that I did not know how to interview properly and said that if I applied for a job, I should be ready to accept that job if an offer is made, especially when applying to a Fortune 500 company like Wells Fargo. I let him finish and then tried to end the call on a positive note, wishing him success with his other potential candidates. I don't know if he misinterpreted what I said, but in a negative tone he let me know that there was no shortage of excellent candidates that they could pull from that would love to be at Wells Fargo. We ended the call at that point.

I'm sorry, but most people apply for multiple jobs and, if given multiple offers, will try to make a rational decision to pick what is best for them. This isn't the bottom of the recession anymore where people feel compelled to jump at the first offer thrown their way simply because the hiring company has all the power. Plus, if they hadn't taken so long in their hiring process (53 days from application to offer) I may still have gone with them if there was nothing else on the table because even though I had concerns, the direct manager I would work for seemed generally reasonable.

I tried to be as gracious as possible, but he had responded in a way I have never seen applying to any other company before. It came across as arrogant and unprofessional and honestly was quite shocking. Maybe I caught him after a bad day at work, but in hindsight, I am glad that I went with my gut and turned down the job, as I probably would have run across this attitude at some point in the future and it more than likely would have made me want to leave the group/company. I am not looking to apply to Wells Fargo for anything ever again as a result of this experience.

Interview Questions

Got another job offer for a position at my current employer which I was weighing against this opportunity.

Also found that there were a lot of unknowns for me moving into the position at Wells Fargo: 1) Group had recently experienced some churn with people leaving and a recent re-org, 2) manager I would be reporting to was new in his management role though he said he had managed a finance team before, 3) unclear regarding what typical work hours would be and the workload was admittedly pretty high since they were just re-orged, 4) scm organization still seems to be in the very start of the learning curve where they are still trying to get buy-in from the BUs and trying to show that they are value-add. 5) Commute would be significantly longer than what I currently had 6) Overall compensation package for the long term was better with my other offer

Overall it was just not a good fit for what I was looking to get into once I found out more about the position and the group.

Senior Analyst Interview

HR from Wells Fargo contacted for F2F interviews. Wherein she said they conduct only F2F interview for the Ist round also and don't go for Telephonic round initially. JD shared over the mail is also incomplete and no much details specified, only during the Interview the concerned interviewer says your profile is over qualified for the role. But why can't they go through the profile thoroughly before arranging F2F.

Interview Questions
    • They see the profile suitability only during F2F and not before scheduling the intervies   Answer Question

Outbound Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I applied online, via Wells Fargo's website. About a week or so after applying, I was contacted by email by a very friendly recruiter who was interested in setting up an interview. The phone interview went very well and I was set up for a in person interview with a hiring manger. I attended my interviews as scheduled and was asked a series of general question about my resume and past experience. For some reason, I just didn't feel like my answers were what they were looking for. I was told that a decision would be made within one to two days. I ended up receiving a email the following morning, saying that I wasn't picked and they would be moving forward with other candidates. A complete waste of time and I would never do business with Wells Fargo.

Interview Questions

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!