Wells Fargo Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 22, 2014
2,471 interviews

2.7

Loan Document Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

interviewed with 2 managers. Typical interview questions. Formal, yet pretty easy

Interview Questions
    • Asked to speak in French, name a time when you had to take a risk and it worked out and when it didn't work out   Answer Question

Phone Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Monte, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Monte, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

Their HR will send an email for you to finish. Those questions are easy. It is about your work ethnic and common sense. If they like your application, they will have a phone interview. The phone interview is straight forward. Pass it, then you get to meet/ interview with the branch manager.

Teller Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

Applied for position online, completed screening online, got interview that week. Was a group interview with 8 other candidates for other locations. Answered 4 questions, watched a video about the position, and filled out another application. Interview lasted a little over an hour. Be sure to be relaxed and poised, think about your responses before answering so that you don't stumble over your words. Be sure to mention any experience with sales that you have, that is mainly what they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a teller, name a time you went above and beyond with customer service, how would you try to fix your sales record, name a time you reached a personal goal.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Phone interview, followed by another phone interview, followed by an in-person interview. Interview was with two managers in an office setting, they seemed preoccupied and busy. Seemed to stress importance of sales and candidates ability to meet sales goals

Interview Questions
    • Asked about sales experience, strengths and weaknesses at former job, how to handle difficult customers etc   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Fair process but starting wage is low. Employer needs to match the going market rate to reduce the turnover. Be prepared to use the STAR method of answering questions. Technical qns concentrate on acct Balance Sheet inc

Interview Questions
    • General behavioral was plus few technical qns   View Answer

Innovation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2014.

The hiring process was overall a very pleasant one. The first step was a written evaluation. You receive a word document/form from HR and simply answer questions about your experience and background. I thought it was helpful as it gave a better idea of what they were truly looking for in teh role. The second step was a series of behavioral interviews. Unfortunately, the position was cancelled. But I did feel throughout the process I was informed of the next steps in a timely and professional manner. The company and this group is extremely focused on results but also if a candidate is a good culture fit. Ability to collaborate and build relationships are key here.

Part Time Teller Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

Applied online to multiple listings, took "evaluation" and was cleared for initial interview each time, but received emails stating no interview times were available every time I applied, with a warning that positions fill quickly so there may not ever be an interview time available. Even if I completed the application, evaluation and went to schedule my interview within minutes, always was told no times available. Finally had a recruiter call me to see if I was still interested in interviewing and we scheduled a time for an initial phone interview/screening. Once that was completed she moved me on to schedule with the hiring manager, but that scheduling took another week and then the interview was rescheduled anyway. Finally had my interview with both the branch manager and teller coordinator.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think there were any really unexpected questions, the recruiters send a "how to interview" document so really read that. They expect you to give examples of how you reacted and handeled specific types of situtations while at your last company. Have details ready and be comfortable.   Answer Question
    Being a part time teller, I didn't try to negotiate. They offered more than I expected to start with at $11.50 an hour.

Teller At Wells Fargo Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

The hiring process is very long. I had a online screening passed it and within a week received an invitation to a group interview. I did well enough to get a interview at a Wells Fargo near me a few weeks later. I did well with this interview as well however it took them months to respond to me as to whether they decided to hire me or not. They told me two weeks.
    I also have constantly asked my recruiter for updates and she could provide no such information. I did everything right follow up emails, eye contact, looked presentable and my resume was tailored made for this position.

Teller Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I applied online and immediately filled out an online screening. If you do well on the screening it prompts you to select a time for a group interview. The group interview was at the headquarters with a Wells Fargo recruiter and about 12 applicants. The questions were pretty simple. We went around the room and introduced ourselves and explained why we chose Wells Fargo. They like for your To emphasize their focus on customer service. Sales experience also looks good. There were about two other questions: Explain a time when you provided excellent customer service and a time where you had to solve a problem. I got a call back less than an hour later scheduling an interview with a branch manager and service manager. That interview was two days later. They asked more in depth questions about my previous experiences with customer service and sales experience as well as the same questions that were asked in the group interview. I didn't have any previous sales experience and was honest about that but expressed my interest in learning their process and how my previous customer service experience would tie in with sales. Be prepared to answer with specific examples and be sure to have copies of your resume. I got a call back the next day with a job offer. They do group training classes and I was placed in the next available class which was about two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you provided excellent customer service and a time you solved a problem.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate. They were very clear up front about the hours and salary.

Phone Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roanoke, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in August 2014.

I applied online and received an email a couple days later informing me that I had been selected to take part in a group interview. At the group interview there was one interviewer and three interviewees. We had a sheet of paper in front of us with three questions that we all took turns answering aloud: 1) On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your proficiency at computers? 2) What was a sell you had had to work to make? 3) When was a time you had gone above and beyond to help a customer?

When the group interview was over the interviewer said that one of two things would happen: we would either receive an automated email saying we were no longer in consideration or an email stating we had passed the group interview and were invited to schedule a one on one interview with a supervisor.

At the one on one interview there were actually two supervisors there and they were somewhat tag-teaming the questions for me. Wells Fargo is SALES SALES SALES so expect most of the questions being asked to be about sales. They also asked about my previous work history. The interview took about an hour and they wrote down all of my answers and when it was over they said that they would be calling me if I got the job or I would be receiving an email stating I was no longer in consideration.

I got the call the next day saying that I had gotten the job, but that the offer was contingent on passing a background check. She also let me know about my hours, pay, benefits and training schedule.

Pay is DOE, so I did not negotiate

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!