Wells Fargo Interview Questions

Updated 15 Apr, 2015
2,926 Interview Reviews

2.8

Loan Document Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

interviewed with 2 managers. Typical interview questions. Formal, yet pretty easy

Interview Questions

• Asked to speak in French, name a time when you had to take a risk and it worked out and when it didn't work out   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

So you apply to all the job postings that you want online wellsfargo.com/careers. You have to make an account and apply for each job post individually. Then you get an email to do a screening. It's a bunch of random aptitude questions. Then you'll get a choice as to when you would like to attend a group interview. This is for your entire metropolitan area. You interview with a recruiting officer. The group interview is about 2 hours long. You have to apply for all the job postings you want online again. Then you'll get an email telling you you can come for another interview-it is either one on one or another group interview. Or you'll get one saying they chose to go a different direction. If you get the former you'll go to a group interview-at least in my case- with a hiring panel. It has the district manager, and the managers at all the stores that have openings in the area. They'll ask you questions. Then at that point they write what they like about you and send it to recruitment who then makes the final decisions. Then the recruiting officer will either call you or email you telling you if you got the job. But careful, then you have to do an online application, set up a date for a fingerprint analysis, then the background check officialpy starts which could take a while. The. After that clears it's another week or two until you go into 2 weeks of mandatory 8-5 training. All in all the hiring process is about 6-8 weeks. It's long for an entry level job.

Tips- you don't have to be the first one to answer all of the questions but try to be the third or forth, because sometimes they'll skip to the next question for the sake of time
    Smile: look the interviewer straight in the eye and smile and make eye contact even when they're talking to the whole group.
    Dress: Dress better then you think you should. Wear a suit. For girls a blazer and work pants is perfect. They should be wrinkle free and ironed. Stick with neutral colors and minimal makeup. Girls don't ever wear bold lipstick to an interview it's just not appropriate. And no chipped nail polish. Guys- if you wear a suit don't wear a black tie- it's only appropriate for funerals and weddings. Make sure your socks don't show and your tie should match your shirt.
    Sales- what they're looking for the most is cash experience and sales experience. And people who can learn quickly and easily. Extra friendly is the key word here. They also have customer satisfaction surveys so if you're not great with customers it might not be the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Whats a time you've overcome an obstacle? what did you learn?   3 Answers
    • Whens a time you've dealt with a difficult customer? How did you retain them?   1 Answer
    • Name a professional achievement. What did you learn about yourself?   Answer Question
    • We find coachability very important. Whens a time you'd say you learned a task quickly and effectively   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a personal sales goal. MOST IMPORTANT   1 Answer

Negotiation

Sometimes with tellers you'll have to mark both part time and full time because they have more part time positions available- but it could lead to full time. Just be prepared that it could be part time they're offering you. I got
    A part time of 24 hours a week.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

There is a 3 tier interview process, that is uncomplicated and easily completed. First a phone interview, then two additional interviews followed by a background check. There is no drug testing. If you have an outgoing and friendly personality, aren't shy with money, and love people this is a great fit for you.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with the sales aspect of the job?   1 Answer

Phone Banker I (Lo) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Salem, OR (US)).

Interview

Applied online, contacted within three days for phone interview. Had some issues with the recruiter as they were not efficient nor organized. Phone interview was cancelled by recruiter and since I contacted them back, it was rescheduled. Took 10 minutes, scheduled in person interview following week. Interview questions were very wordy. Background check and credit check for this department were requested and to be completed within 48 hours. Job offered and accepted. Be prepared to give a lot of examples of how you worked in teams and by yourself and with tough situations, followed with you actions to resolve those situations and the final outcome.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over the hundreds of other applicants?   1 Answer

Phone Banker I Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo (Birmingham, AL (US)).

Interview

The process was very easy. I had a ohone interview which wasnt very long and she scheduled me for an in person interview. There were 2 people interviewing me which made me nervous but they both were fun to talk to. They asked a lot of questions about my previous work history, experience selling, and customer service stories. The next morning after the interview I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe any sales experience you have.   1 Answer

Personal Banker I (SAFE) Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Group interview follow up with regional and local management. Following a group interview there was a second interview with the regional manager, and a third interview with the local branch manager entire process took about two weeks

Interview Questions

• Group interview working with other candidates   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

First you have to apply online. Within a few days you will get an email to schedule for a group interview. If you pass then you will get to be interviewed by store managers.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

After you apply online you choose a date for a group interview.

You are asked to introduce yourself and say what your most recent job was.

After that you are asked a series of typical job interview questions.

The process took around two hours.

You should either receive a call within the next 72 hours for a second 1:1 interview or if you are not suitable for the position you will receive an e-mail within the week. (I never received either.)

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest professional achievement, why, and how did you reach your achievement?   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

There was first a Telephone interview and then one site interview. Interviewers just mainly ask questions about your resume. Their main concern is if you can learn quickly and if you are able to sell their bank products.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why should I hire you? Why should you work for a fortune 500 company?
      Q: Tell me about yourself?

Answer Question

SAS Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo (Columbia, MD (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

First you go over your resume and background, then they ask questions regarding your background and how they fit into the role. After your background, it's behavioral type questions "Tell me about a time when..." And you have to answer the question to the best of your ability giving the scenario, how you handled it, and the result. Often they came with a follow up question that wasn't even on paper to expand on the question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had too much to do and couldn't get it done in one day.   Answer Question