Wells Fargo

Getting the Interview

2,078 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Loan Document Specialist Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details interviewed with 2 managers. Typical interview questions. Formal, yet pretty easy

Interview Question – Asked to speak in French, name a time when you had to take a risk and it worked out and when it didn't work out   Answer Question

Diverse Segments Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Wells Fargo in March 2013.

Interview Details First interview was done over the phone. It was conversational and they asked about my resume. Got called for a second interview on site. They asked behavioral questions and questions about my past experiences. They also asked about sales experience and they gave me a pen and told me to sell it to them.

Interview Question – Try and sell me this pen.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2014.

Interview Details Take the screening and don't be bashful. Talk yourself up

Interview Question – Tell me about your greatest professional accomplishment   Answer Question

Service Manager II Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details just need to tell them that your love selling and you should be in the door. Also that you are great at coaching others and give examples.

Interview Question – what would you do if it was half way to your deadline in getting your sales goal and your not even half way to your goal.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to ask for 8% more in income that they offered me

Personal Banker I (SAFE) Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Wells Fargo in January 2013.

Interview Details The interview process is only about your numbers and how well you get along with those above you. If you have high sales numbers you will be promoted

Interview Question – How are your numbers?   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Interviewed at Wells Fargo

Interview Details Behavioral Interview

Interview Question – No question was unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Lead Teller Interview

Tampa, FL (US)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details The first interview for teller was a group interview with other candidates. Then there was an interview with a branch store and service manager. They asked behavioral questions such as describe a time when...
The interview for lead teller occurred with the branch manager and the service manager. Same types of behavioral questions.

Interview Question – All of the questions were easy. Describe a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you solve the problem at hand.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no opportunities to negotiate. If you ask at an interview they tell you that discussion will happen with the HR adviser. Then the HR adviser tells you that conversation should have occurred with your manager.

Capital Markets Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details Casual conversation with a managing director. Asks a lot about the resume. Gives lots of job information and asks how you would relate.

Interview Question – Why wells fargo/ this job?   Answer Question

Technology Intern Interview

Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview Details First round interview: (didn't get past) Two of the three guys interviewing were typical cold, unfriendly, intimidating guys who didn't project a good vibe for the company. One guy appeared like he didn't want to be there. Another guy was pretentious. The other guy was friendly, conversational, etc. It wasn't a terrible set of interviewers, but they weren't fantastic.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. Tell me about a time when you or a group you worked in did something wrong and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Sophomore Leadership Conference Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Wells Fargo in April 2014.

Interview Details Application is online and requires a transcript, resume, and a paper based on Diversity in the workplace. First interview is very easy and takes place on the phone. Second interview takes place on site at the end of the conference. I had 8 interviews and they were all behavioral. About 700 applicants apply for this position and 35 are chosen.

The company has a ranking system to where you rank the best fit for yourself out of the 8 interviews. If the interviewer likes you and ranks you the same number (such as a 1 ranks a 1), you get an internship. However, they do not pay for your housing at all. So if the interviewer is in Chicago, but you live in Milwaukee, the chances of you getting paired of seldom, even if you connected with your interviewer so it's a tough strategy in regards to selecting the best fit. The internship pays you $18 per hour for 10 weeks.

Interview Question – All behavioral. Some interviewers do go off script and ask, "Why Wells Fargo?" or "What interests you specifically in Commercial Real Estate" or "Why would you be the best fit out of my long list of interviewees today?" The best way to practice is to get a series of scenarios mapped out in your head of "Tell me a time when..." and put them in STAR Format.

At this conference, it is rare for you to see any Accounting questions asked but it would be a good idea to brush up on the financial statements just incase you are thrown a curveball.
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wells Fargo

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!

Wells Fargo Videos

Wells Fargo – Why Work for Us?

Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores and more than 12,000 ATMs and the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wells Fargo interview questions and advice. All 2,078 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Wells Fargo employees and interview candidates.