Wells Fargo Interview Questions

Updated 16 Oct, 2014
2,585 Interview Reviews

2.7

Loan Document Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

interviewed with 2 managers. Typical interview questions. Formal, yet pretty easy

Interview Questions
    • Asked to speak in French, name a time when you had to take a risk and it worked out and when it didn't work out   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

Applied for position online, completed screening online, got interview that week. Was a group interview with 8 other candidates for other locations. Answered 4 questions, watched a video about the position, and filled out another application. Interview lasted a little over an hour. Be sure to be relaxed and poised, think about your responses before answering so that you don't stumble over your words. Be sure to mention any experience with sales that you have, that is mainly what they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a teller, name a time you went above and beyond with customer service, how would you try to fix your sales record, name a time you reached a personal goal.   View Answer

Phone Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Monte, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Monte, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Wells Fargo in July 2014.

Their HR will send an email for you to finish. Those questions are easy. It is about your work ethnic and common sense. If they like your application, they will have a phone interview. The phone interview is straight forward. Pass it, then you get to meet/ interview with the branch manager.

PCG Branch Liaison Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Overall very easy process. Generic scenario questions name a time you didn't have all the answers, tell me how you solve problems. Overall around 1hr and 30nmins, really focused on discussion questions.

None

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Wells Fargo.

I was part of a group interview in which there were roughly twelve other. interviewees. Luckily I had seen some of the questions that were asked because of posts on here; the two main questions regarded a time when you went above and beyond to give great customer service, and why you see yourself at Wells Fargo. The interview discussion was focused largely on sales and customer service ability, as those are the main components to the position. The interviewer had brought along the district manager and a branch manager, and they all pitched in to explain the day-to-day operations of being a teller. Overall it was a painless experience!

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you went above and beyond to provide excellent customer service.   View Answer
    • Why do you see yourself as a teller for Wells Fargo? What draws you to finance, and what about Wells Fargo in specific attracts you?   Answer Question

I wasn't formally offered a position, but was encouraged that I would be offered a second interview. Unfortunately, my class schedule won't allow for me to attend two weeks of full-time training.

Home Loan Processor Interview

Applied online through the company website. Contacted by email and phone to schedule phone interview went considered of basic behavioral questions angry customer etc. and went over previous work history. I was called for in person interview consisted of two managers went over behavioral questions.

Trust Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Panel of 5 people. All the questions were about personality and teamwork, strengths, weaknesses, challenges, etc. Nothing about skill or education or relevant experience. It went on for about 2 hours, with different hypothetical and scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • I was thoroughly unprepared for this interview. I thought based on the phone interview it would expand on my relevant experience. Instead it was all about personality and conflict hypotheticals. Not their fault, I obviously should have been prepared.   Answer Question

Phone Banker I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied online, they emailed me with different times for a interview. It was a group one so the interviewer went around the table asking us all the same questions (about 8 people interviewing at a time). then I was called for a second interview, a one on one, and that's where you sit down with two supervisors and go through employment history and basic questions like explain a time you had to deal with an upset customer. They contacted me about an hour after the one on one and offered me a job and then had me fingerprinted.

Interview Questions
    • They give you a sheet of paper and a highlighter and ask you to read it and make whatever you think is important on the paper. It's a test so mark that baby up, they take the paper with them when you leave.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate because they offered me a lot more than I was making at the time but I believe you can counter. Keep in mind if you work the late shift you make an extra 15% on your paycheck with the pay differential.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Wells Fargo.

Applied online through On-Campus Recruiting and then followed-up through a one-day window on their Careers website. Heard back through campuses' portal asking to schedule a first round. Heard back within 5 days with two days notice for a final-round in their office.

Interview Questions
    • In real estate, how accurate of a measure for cashflow is EBITDA?   Answer Question

Lead Teller Interview

Situational interview process in which your answer isn't wrong but they use your response to see if your a good fit for that branch. You might not be a fit for that branch but others may be more your style.

Interview Questions
    • Prepare before interview so not to be thrown off by questions.   Answer Question
    They will not negotiate anything