WellPoint Interview Questions

Updated 23 Sep, 2014
Updated 23 Sep, 2014

2.7

Actuarial Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Thousand Oaks, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at WellPoint.

Applied online, was contacted by the hiring manager to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was a quick 10 minute screening to make sure I'm interested in the job and that my general qualifications were legitimate, and it quickly translated into an on-site interview about a week later.

The on-site was nearly a full-day interview - 6 credentialed actuaries, 45 minutes each. I don't think there was anything unexpected, and felt most of the interviews were very casual and nice; in the spare time, I was able to talk about some personal things which made me feel more comfortable overall. Be prepared to talk about your previous experience as they will want to know how much of it is relevant to the current position. I was asked a couple of riddles, but it was more of a way to see how you think, rather than being pressed for getting it right.

Two weeks after the interview, I was extended an offer. I was also given a very accurate timeline when I followed up a week after the interview, which I appreciated and respected very much.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation - the compensation was very competitive for my level.

Health Care Advisor Interview

I applied online - interviewed at WellPoint.

The manger that interviewed me was very upfront about this position.. She gave the pros and cons of this position. I appreciated the honest answers to my my questions about this positions. I was told to think about this role and to email her back in a couple of days about my interest in this role.

Business Change Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at WellPoint.

The first contact was by the recruiter stating my resume was forwarded to the hiring manager. The hiring manager contacted me fairly quickly a few days later to set up a formal interview. I arrived at the location on time and had to check in at the security desk. The interview process went well with only the hiring manager and lasted about 1 hour. The manager was very nice and pleasant. The questions were very straightforward with no surprises. Overall, the experience more than met my expectations.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were Project related questions. Tell me about a project you were working on with a difficult experience and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Strategic Sourcing Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at WellPoint in September 2014.

Applied online and received an invitation to attend a networking dinner, which consisted of sitting at a table with 3-4 other students while the employees moved around for 10 minute sessions at each table. Currently in the interview process.
    Back to back interview with a behavioral interview followed by a case interview.

Clinical Program Director Interview

Interviewed and Hired over the phone with multiple people through out the country. Some of the interviews were groups of leaders that were wanting to see if I had what they needed. It was interesting in that I could not see them or facial reactions and had to go by tone of voice. Once I accepted it then took awhile to get all the paper work completed for the company the use called "Right Hire" - I was on vacation trying to complete everything they wanted. Did accomplish getting it done and hired while I was on vacation.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult was trying to understand they were wanting to put in a new program in my market and wanted someone with start up experience. Once I understood what they were looking for ite went very smoothly.   Answer Question

Claims Representative (Health/Dental) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Middletown, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at WellPoint in August 2014.

intially i submitted my application online. The following day i received an email saying my application was aknowledged (as expected). The next day i received another email ( much to my suprise because i have heard wellpoint takes FOREVER to go through the hiring process) this email was asking me to take a comouterized assesment of my skills ( simple questions, nothing too draining). MUCH to my suprise i recieved ANOTHER email the following day stating that wellpoint has authorized me to complete the "hireRight employment application". That very same day i was asked to schedule my phone interview which is currently scheduled for this wednesday. - this is just a little insight on the hiring process. i know i havent found much on wellpoint yet, so this should put some of you at ease knowing what others have gone through thus far. i clicked no i did not get the offer becaquse i have yet to recieve even my interview.

Customer Care Representative III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Worthington, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worthington, OH (US)

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in August 2014.

Very easy. Applied online, received link to take assessments. Once passed, an on-site interview was scheduled. Description of position, compensation, and benefits during interview, easy questions. Received call back with offer after two weeks.

Interview Questions
    None. Schedule is set and pay is based off experience.

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

The manager called me directly. I never had to deal with a recruiter screen. We had a pleasant conversation and talked about my skills and the role. I had an interview with a member of her team the following day. This interview was more technical and related to my specific skills. An offer was extended within a few days and was exactly what I wanted. The whole process was very pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions. They asked specific questions about my skills and experience and I gave honest answers. They did not ask behavioral or personality questions.   Answer Question
    An offer was extended. I tried to negotiate, but was told the offer was already above market standards and was fair. That was very true, but it was still worth a shot. Wp pays extremely fair rates.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at WellPoint in August 2014.

Applied online and received an email to set up a phone interview a week later. Phone screen was basic behavioral questions and that was followed up with an invitation for an onsite interview. Met with the hiring manager for the department the opening was for as well as actuaries from other departments. Behavioral questions and basic chitchat I guess to see if you are personable. The interview ended with a case study.

Interview Questions
    • The case study was definitely challenging. Makes you really think about what an actuary does and how to help companies hedge and manage risks. Didn't get the job but I learned a lot.   Answer Question

Member Service Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at WellPoint in August 2014.

Applied for the job on a Wednesday, received a call to schedule an interview on Thursday for the following Monday. My interview was Monday at 3pm however I received an email Monday at 11:30am stating that I wasn't selected to move forward as a final candidate. It made me feel the company was unorganized. The interview wasn't conventional at all, it was all over the place and I felt it didn't cover my experience or who I was as a person.

Interview Questions
    • I have 8 balls all the same color and size one is a grain of salt heavier. Using a balancing scale and only two opportunities to figure out which is the heaviest; how would you figure it out.   View Answer

Worked for WellPoint? Contribute to the Community!