Waste Management

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Columbus, OH (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Waste Management in May 2010.

Interview Details Interview process moves very slowly. Standard "canned" questions.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. Very situational, behavioral in nature.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation. Pretty standard to come in at lower part of pay band.

Very Easy Interview

Route Manager

The process took 6 months - interviewed at Waste Management in March 2012.

Interview Details This has to be the worst experience ever. I was originally contacted in October and had the following: 1 phone interview, HR interview, District Manager interview, Director of Operations Interview, and then another Route Manager interview all over the course of 6 months for 1 position! After all that you think I would be given courtesy on whether or not I got the job, but I was suppose to hear back 2 weeks ago and nothing yet so Im assuming a no go.. I will never apply nor recommend them to anyone.

Interview Question – Tell me how your experience would transistion to WM?   Answer Question

Route Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Waste Management in May 2011.

Interview Details I received a call from a screener in California who reviewed my previous job history and really dug in to see if I had the exact experience they were looking for. She said she would forward my app to the hiring team. About a week later, I rceived a call from an admin asst. for the hiring team to schedule another phone interview. A week after that I was scheduled for an in-person interview. The rest is history...

Interview Question – Give an example of a time when you had to take in a lot of information before making a decision   View Answer

Route Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Waste Management in June 2011.

Interview Details I applied on line for 3 different postions, I received 3 "job closed" emails. Then on a holiday afternoon i recived and email froma recurter, We emailed back and forth to set an interview time up, we agreed on a time and we met. The interevew was a very casual yet perfesional interview. The interview was very easy going. We went thruogh my resume in detail, and the asked detailed questiuons and expect detailed awnsers. Then we went through a section or what if's and how did you type stuff. After that she informentme that the wanted to have the DM interview me , I said no time like the present. She went to see if he was available, and he was not at that time, but we made and appointment for next week. So i have interview # 2 on deck....

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Waste Management

Worked for Waste Management? Contribute to the Community!

Waste Management Videos

Waste Management – Why Work for Us?

Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions. Are you interested in a career with the industry leader? Click here. Waste Management is the leading provider of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Waste Management Route Manager interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Waste Management employees and interview candidates.