Waste Management

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Coordinator Interview

Sales Coordinator

I applied online and interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview Details Got an interview from a lady in Georgia USA.
Went over my experience and skills she was looking for: multitasker, attention to detail, experience, database skills, RFP skills, exp. using their software sales force, sap and mas.
I passed the initial interview and was told a follow up call would follow.
The follow up call did not happen.
But they were nice enough to send me and email to inform me that the position has been filled since.

Interview Question – Very generic interview questions: tell me about yourself, your experience etc.   Answer Question

Inside-Sales Representative Interview

Inside-Sales Representative
Vancouver, BC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview Details 2 interviews, 1st by phone with hr dept, very easy, generic questions.2nd with sales mgr and senior sales rep. in depth, intelligent questions. aprox 1 hour long

Interview Question – how do you handle price objective when your product is higher priced?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – other opportunity more interesting

Route Manager Interview

Route Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview Details Applied online. phone interview followed by in person interview several days later. background check and drug screen with contingent over depending on results. Poor communication between steps but quick follow-up once process was completed.

Negotiation Details – Very little to negotiate

Maintanace Interview

Maintanace
Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Waste Management in December 2012.

Interview Details Expected to know all electrical mechanical and hydraulic systems. Be ready to answer questions about background check and knowledge. Be ready to be put in the spot light about your experience and of course you will skip all the above steps if you have a friend in management.

Interview Question – could you do the impossible in 5 minutes?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Memphis, TN (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Waste Management in June 2014.

Interview Details I applied online three times and I was able to get two interviews about six months apart, but never got any response after my interviews. In both interviews I was interviewed by one person. I don't know what to do to get past the interview. I have 17 years of experience as a swing driver at different garbage truck companies and able to drive and do the work.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Garbage Truck Driver Interview

Garbage Truck Driver
Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Waste Management in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online took 1 month to hear back from them I got a call from a recruiter and had a phone interview I feel I did great with the phone interview told me about the benefits of this job and how demanding it is. I than was given a interview dare had to wait 2 weeks for the interview the gentleman I spoke to told me I would start out at 16 a hr based on my experience and than told me he would call me on Monday July 7 to see if I have the job I hope I do have this job I Like the environment and would love to start with this company

Interview Question – Please explain a time when you helped out another employee and what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was told based on my experience I will start out at 16 a hr

Waste Management Talent Acquisition responded to this review

Jul 14, 2014

Thanks for your interest in joining the team! You can call 877.220.5627 to check the status of your application.

Digital Care Representative Interview

Digital Care Representative
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Waste Management in January 2013.

Interview Details I applied various times before being offered an opportunity to do the assessment tests. 30 to 45 minute Phone interview and then was called in for face to face interview.

Interview Question – They were just the basic questions about tell us one time where you provided excellent customer service, tell us one time where you had a challenging customer to deal with and how did you deal with them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, it was a fair offer

IT Analyst III Interview

IT Analyst III

I applied through another source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Waste Management in December 2010.

Interview Details Hiring process was formal and smooth. Discussion was very typical where as the question were typical of a normal hiring interview. Interviewers was very pleasant. Interviewed with multiple people within a few days.

Interview Question – What am I looking for in a company?   Answer Question

Residential Driver Interview

Residential Driver

I applied online and interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview Details They used a 3rd party to do all the interviewing. I thought this was very inefficient and awkward. It also took a lot of time to get hired. 3 months!

Very Difficult Interview

Route Manager Interview

Route Manager
Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Waste Management in May 2010.

Interview Details I was recruited by head hunter. Interviewed by GM and Market Area Rep .for 6 hours. Sometime one at a time, sometimes they tag-teamed against me. The intent was to see how I reacted under stress.

Interview Question – The difficulty lies in the fact that the interview went on so long and was stressfull. They were looking to see if I could handle the stress and being overwhelmed by their demands   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes I was able to negotiate and we agreed on my wages and benefits.. Then at the last minute, they changed everything knowing I had already put in my notice.

Worked for Waste Management? Contribute to the Community!