Waste Management

Updated 1 Oct, 2014

2.8

Sales Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Waste Management.

Got an interview from a lady in Georgia USA.
    Went over my experience and skills she was looking for: multitasker, attention to detail, experience, database skills, RFP skills, exp. using their software sales force, sap and mas.
    I passed the initial interview and was told a follow up call would follow.
    The follow up call did not happen.
    But they were nice enough to send me and email to inform me that the position has been filled since.

Interview Questions
    • Very generic interview questions: tell me about yourself, your experience etc.   Answer Question

Inside-Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Waste Management.

2 interviews, 1st by phone with hr dept, very easy, generic questions.2nd with sales mgr and senior sales rep. in depth, intelligent questions. aprox 1 hour long

Interview Questions
    • how do you handle price objective when your product is higher priced?   View Answer

other opportunity more interesting

Supply Chain Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Waste Management.

Applied online and did not hear back until after an employee referral. I was then contacted and had one phone interview. Usually there is at least one, in person panel interview but for my case it was only a phone interview. The interview questions were fairly average and nothing out of the ordinary.

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Waste Management in September 2014.

I was interviewed by the Area Manager and Dispatch Supervisor they were very nice and asked me to tell them what I did at my last dispatch job, they also asked me what my weakness and strength area was, they told me about the company and what they do. I was pretty impressed and excited when she asked me if given the job when could I start, of course I told them immediately, but I have not been called back. My interview was 9/18 and since I didn't hear from them I sent a follow up email to the Dispatch Supervisor on 9/24 and he said they were still doing interviews and would make a decision around 10/10 because the Area Manager was out on vacation. Not loosing hope.

Dispatcher Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Waste Management in August 2014.

First they do an in person interview with either the Dispatch Supervisor or Area Dispatch Manager. Explain a time when you've had to work as a team. Explain a time when you had a conflict and how you solved the conflict. What's your strengths/weaknesses? etc. Then they take you into the dispatcher center and let you mingle among the employees while they work and they ask you questions that they think of, which is usually pretty close to the questions you were asked in the first interview. Then the employees tell their supervisor if they liked you or not the next day in their morning huddle. Very interesting interview process.

Interview Questions
    First they offered me 15.85/hr. I said that I was looking for more like $18/hr and they offered me $16/hr. They didn't budge much, but I wish I had pushed one more time for a little bit higher. Also they only give 1 week vacation a year so you may be able to throw an extra week in for negotiations. Something you could try.

Industrial Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, WI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, WI (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Waste Management in August 2014.

The process began with email confirmation to interview with two people. Interview was with one person. Went well. Received dear John letter a few days later. Two weeks past and I get another interview for the same position.

Route Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Waste Management.

Applied online. phone interview followed by in person interview several days later. background check and drug screen with contingent over depending on results. Poor communication between steps but quick follow-up once process was completed.

Very little to negotiate

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Waste Management in July 2014.

I applied online and received a call back for an interview. When I arrived there was no one at the reception desk and I had to wait until someone walked by to notify the interviewer I was on site. I waited about 30 mins or so after that to be brought back. I felt the actual interview went well, I was asked questions about my work background and skills/education and was told they would get back to me and let me know either way. After one week I saw that the position had been reposted online, which is understandable if they did not find the right person for the job yet, it just would have been nice to have had some kind of response back from them that I did not get the position. I would have accepted a generic email, it was very frustrating.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time a customer made an unreasonable request.   Answer Question

Garbage Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Waste Management in July 2014.

I applied online took 1 month to hear back from them I got a call from a recruiter and had a phone interview I feel I did great with the phone interview told me about the benefits of this job and how demanding it is. I than was given a interview dare had to wait 2 weeks for the interview the gentleman I spoke to told me I would start out at 16 a hr based on my experience and than told me he would call me on Monday July 7 to see if I have the job I hope I do have this job I Like the environment and would love to start with this company

Interview Questions
    • Please explain a time when you helped out another employee and what did you do?   Answer Question
    Was told based on my experience I will start out at 16 a hr

Waste Management Response

Jul 14, 2014Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your interest in joining the team! You can call 877.220.5627 to check the status of your application.

Residential Driver Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Waste Management.

They used a 3rd party to do all the interviewing. I thought this was very inefficient and awkward. It also took a lot of time to get hired. 3 months!