Waste Management

Updated Aug 25, 2014
121 interviews

2.7

Sales Coordinator Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Waste Management.

Got an interview from a lady in Georgia USA.
    Went over my experience and skills she was looking for: multitasker, attention to detail, experience, database skills, RFP skills, exp. using their software sales force, sap and mas.
    I passed the initial interview and was told a follow up call would follow.
    The follow up call did not happen.
    But they were nice enough to send me and email to inform me that the position has been filled since.

Interview Questions
    • Very generic interview questions: tell me about yourself, your experience etc.   Answer Question

Inside-Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Waste Management.

2 interviews, 1st by phone with hr dept, very easy, generic questions.2nd with sales mgr and senior sales rep. in depth, intelligent questions. aprox 1 hour long

Interview Questions
    • how do you handle price objective when your product is higher priced?   View Answer

other opportunity more interesting

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orange, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Waste Management in March 2010.

multiple interviews, lots of turn over, internal relocations, transfers, consolidations, changes, panel interviews, scenario based questions about market area, service, competition, overcoming objective, role playing sales strategies, techniques, creating presentations, 30,60,90 business plan, management tools, reporting, meetings, training, reporting

Interview Questions
    • adding value to our customers in a service based market   View Answer
    not much room for negotiating, everything is corp based

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Franklin, TN (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Waste Management in July 2014.

I applied online and received a call back for an interview. When I arrived there was no one at the reception desk and I had to wait until someone walked by to notify the interviewer I was on site. I waited about 30 mins or so after that to be brought back. I felt the actual interview went well, I was asked questions about my work background and skills/education and was told they would get back to me and let me know either way. After one week I saw that the position had been reposted online, which is understandable if they did not find the right person for the job yet, it just would have been nice to have had some kind of response back from them that I did not get the position. I would have accepted a generic email, it was very frustrating.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time a customer made an unreasonable request.   Answer Question

Dispatcher Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Waste Management in August 2014.

First they do an in person interview with either the Dispatch Supervisor or Area Dispatch Manager. Explain a time when you've had to work as a team. Explain a time when you had a conflict and how you solved the conflict. What's your strengths/weaknesses? etc. Then they take you into the dispatcher center and let you mingle among the employees while they work and they ask you questions that they think of, which is usually pretty close to the questions you were asked in the first interview. Then the employees tell their supervisor if they liked you or not the next day in their morning huddle. Very interesting interview process.

Interview Questions
    First they offered me 15.85/hr. I said that I was looking for more like $18/hr and they offered me $16/hr. They didn't budge much, but I wish I had pushed one more time for a little bit higher. Also they only give 1 week vacation a year so you may be able to throw an extra week in for negotiations. Something you could try.

Route Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Waste Management.

Applied online. phone interview followed by in person interview several days later. background check and drug screen with contingent over depending on results. Poor communication between steps but quick follow-up once process was completed.

Very little to negotiate

Maintanace Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Waste Management in December 2012.

Expected to know all electrical mechanical and hydraulic systems. Be ready to answer questions about background check and knowledge. Be ready to be put in the spot light about your experience and of course you will skip all the above steps if you have a friend in management.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Memphis, TN (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Waste Management in June 2014.

I applied online three times and I was able to get two interviews about six months apart, but never got any response after my interviews. In both interviews I was interviewed by one person. I don't know what to do to get past the interview. I have 17 years of experience as a swing driver at different garbage truck companies and able to drive and do the work.

Garbage Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Waste Management in July 2014.

I applied online took 1 month to hear back from them I got a call from a recruiter and had a phone interview I feel I did great with the phone interview told me about the benefits of this job and how demanding it is. I than was given a interview dare had to wait 2 weeks for the interview the gentleman I spoke to told me I would start out at 16 a hr based on my experience and than told me he would call me on Monday July 7 to see if I have the job I hope I do have this job I Like the environment and would love to start with this company

Interview Questions
    • Please explain a time when you helped out another employee and what did you do?   Answer Question
    Was told based on my experience I will start out at 16 a hr

Waste Management Response

Jul 14, 2014Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your interest in joining the team! You can call 877.220.5627 to check the status of your application.

Digital Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Waste Management in January 2013.

I applied various times before being offered an opportunity to do the assessment tests. 30 to 45 minute Phone interview and then was called in for face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • They were just the basic questions about tell us one time where you provided excellent customer service, tell us one time where you had a challenging customer to deal with and how did you deal with them.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, it was a fair offer

Worked for Waste Management? Contribute to the Community!