Waste Management

Getting the Interview

105 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Coordinator Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview Details Got an interview from a lady in Georgia USA.
Went over my experience and skills she was looking for: multitasker, attention to detail, experience, database skills, RFP skills, exp. using their software sales force, sap and mas.
I passed the initial interview and was told a follow up call would follow.
The follow up call did not happen.
But they were nice enough to send me and email to inform me that the position has been filled since.

Interview Question – Very generic interview questions: tell me about yourself, your experience etc.   Answer Question

Inside-Sales Representative Interview

Inside-Sales Representative
Vancouver, BC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview Details 2 interviews, 1st by phone with hr dept, very easy, generic questions.2nd with sales mgr and senior sales rep. in depth, intelligent questions. aprox 1 hour long

Interview Question – how do you handle price objective when your product is higher priced?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – other opportunity more interesting

Inside Commercial Representative Interview

Oak Harbor, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Waste Management in April 2014.

Interview Details When I walked into the call center to go to the meeting room, there were many employees on the phones. Some of them looked up at me and smiled. LOVED THE FEELING. The interview was very informative and excellent questions were asked. I was comfortable answering everything.

Interview Question – The interviewer used a phrase I was unfamiliar with. I asked her if she could define the phrase, she did and I was able to answer her question.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - hourly rate and bonus.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview Details Apply online, you're called for an interview...typically two interviews, unless its an hourly position then most likely you will only have one.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult, standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Residential Driver Interview

Fort Myers, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Waste Management in January 2014.

Interview Details Very easy to get in. Very friendly and honest people at the beginning, then I went to the Florida" training/testing " facility and I realize that they are too demanding for the pay they offer .They are yes-man for the most, and they ask to embrace their philosophy.

Negotiation Details – Too long and the company policies are contradictories in my opinion.

Technical Support Analyst IV Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Waste Management in February 2010.

Interview Details I was told by Icon Information Consultants that there was a job position that WM was wanting to fill. I felt that I could do the job, so an interview was scheduled and I went to the 2nd floor of 1021 Main St. I was brought up to the 4th floor for the interview. The person interviewing me told me that I was going to be asked 10 questions and if I did not know the answer that I should say "I do not know". Otherwise, I would rejected on the basis of bluffing an answer. I answered all 10 questions correctly and left back to home. I told the consulting firm of what transpired and the next day I was offered the position. I accepted the income that I was going to make and was pleased that I was able to start immediately getting myself situated with all information that I needed to be successful in my position at WM.

Interview Question – It was all technical, and there was nothing on my resume to bluff or fluff.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I went in knowing that I was on the top end of the salary for this postion. So, I accepted it without delay.

Recycling Driver Interview

Matteson, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Waste Management in March 2013.

Interview Details they give you a phone interview then a face to face interview

Interview Question – How do you react in a face paced enviroment   View Answer

Operations Specialist Interview

Operations Specialist

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview Details Interview was straightforward about past work experience. Interviewer seemed a little skeptical because I wore a suit. I had to follow up several times as there seemed to be some indecision on the par of the interviewer.

Interview Question – Interview was through a temp agency   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tried to negotiate, but not successful

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Greenwood Village, CO (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview Details a joke they first recommended me for a lower position in sales, then I convinced them that the position I wanted was for commercial sales and it was granted to me. after all that I proved my point by being the top salesman 3 years running.

Interview Question – silly psycholigical questions instead of getting to the root which is can you sell. They continue to under interview the potential employees and as a result most wash out or dont perform.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – wasnt any, a set base hourly rate for the icr dept.

Driver Interview

Driver
Georgetown, DE (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Waste Management in April 2011.

Interview Details They didn't give nothing out but what u earned..Uc got paid by the hour..Thats it...Other then that..u do ur job and still get talk 2 like ur a dog.."Sorry 4 that ,,but true"

Interview Question – Y do they get way with it,,My boss,, his boss didn't do nothing bout it..The way he talk 2 all the DRIVERS...   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Waste Management

Worked for Waste Management? Contribute to the Community!

Waste Management Videos

Waste Management – Why Work for Us?

Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions. Are you interested in a career with the industry leader? Click here. Waste Management is the leading provider of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Waste Management interview questions and advice. All 105 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Waste Management employees and interview candidates.