Waste Management

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.7

Sales Coordinator Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Waste Management.

Got an interview from a lady in Georgia USA.
    Went over my experience and skills she was looking for: multitasker, attention to detail, experience, database skills, RFP skills, exp. using their software sales force, sap and mas.
    I passed the initial interview and was told a follow up call would follow.
    The follow up call did not happen.
    But they were nice enough to send me and email to inform me that the position has been filled since.

Interview Questions
    • Very generic interview questions: tell me about yourself, your experience etc.   Answer Question

Inside-Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Waste Management.

2 interviews, 1st by phone with hr dept, very easy, generic questions.2nd with sales mgr and senior sales rep. in depth, intelligent questions. aprox 1 hour long

Interview Questions
    • how do you handle price objective when your product is higher priced?   View Answer

other opportunity more interesting

Industrial Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Germantown, WI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, WI (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Waste Management in August 2014.

The process began with email confirmation to interview with two people. Interview was with one person. Went well. Received dear John letter a few days later. Two weeks past and I get another interview for the same position.

Driver Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Waste Management in March 2014.

It went well, but i just needed to have more experience even though i have been in law enforcement for a while and thought that this position would be an easy gig.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orange, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Waste Management in March 2010.

multiple interviews, lots of turn over, internal relocations, transfers, consolidations, changes, panel interviews, scenario based questions about market area, service, competition, overcoming objective, role playing sales strategies, techniques, creating presentations, 30,60,90 business plan, management tools, reporting, meetings, training, reporting

Interview Questions
    • adding value to our customers in a service based market   View Answer
    not much room for negotiating, everything is corp based

Dispatcher Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Waste Management in August 2014.

First they do an in person interview with either the Dispatch Supervisor or Area Dispatch Manager. Explain a time when you've had to work as a team. Explain a time when you had a conflict and how you solved the conflict. What's your strengths/weaknesses? etc. Then they take you into the dispatcher center and let you mingle among the employees while they work and they ask you questions that they think of, which is usually pretty close to the questions you were asked in the first interview. Then the employees tell their supervisor if they liked you or not the next day in their morning huddle. Very interesting interview process.

Interview Questions
    First they offered me 15.85/hr. I said that I was looking for more like $18/hr and they offered me $16/hr. They didn't budge much, but I wish I had pushed one more time for a little bit higher. Also they only give 1 week vacation a year so you may be able to throw an extra week in for negotiations. Something you could try.

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Franklin, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Waste Management in July 2014.

I applied online and received a call back for an interview. When I arrived there was no one at the reception desk and I had to wait until someone walked by to notify the interviewer I was on site. I waited about 30 mins or so after that to be brought back. I felt the actual interview went well, I was asked questions about my work background and skills/education and was told they would get back to me and let me know either way. After one week I saw that the position had been reposted online, which is understandable if they did not find the right person for the job yet, it just would have been nice to have had some kind of response back from them that I did not get the position. I would have accepted a generic email, it was very frustrating.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time a customer made an unreasonable request.   Answer Question

Route Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Waste Management.

Applied online. phone interview followed by in person interview several days later. background check and drug screen with contingent over depending on results. Poor communication between steps but quick follow-up once process was completed.

Very little to negotiate

Maintanace Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Waste Management in December 2012.

Expected to know all electrical mechanical and hydraulic systems. Be ready to answer questions about background check and knowledge. Be ready to be put in the spot light about your experience and of course you will skip all the above steps if you have a friend in management.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Waste Management in June 2014.

I applied online three times and I was able to get two interviews about six months apart, but never got any response after my interviews. In both interviews I was interviewed by one person. I don't know what to do to get past the interview. I have 17 years of experience as a swing driver at different garbage truck companies and able to drive and do the work.

Interview Questions

Worked for Waste Management? Contribute to the Community!