Waste Management Interview Questions

Updated 21 Mar, 2015
Updated 21 Mar, 2015

2.7

Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Got an interview from a lady in Georgia USA.
    Went over my experience and skills she was looking for: multitasker, attention to detail, experience, database skills, RFP skills, exp. using their software sales force, sap and mas.
    I passed the initial interview and was told a follow up call would follow.
    The follow up call did not happen.
    But they were nice enough to send me and email to inform me that the position has been filled since.

Interview Questions

• Very generic interview questions: tell me about yourself, your experience etc.   Answer Question

Inside-Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Waste Management (Vancouver, BC).

Interview

2 interviews, 1st by phone with hr dept, very easy, generic questions.2nd with sales mgr and senior sales rep. in depth, intelligent questions. aprox 1 hour long

Interview Questions

• how do you handle price objective when your product is higher priced?   1 Answer

other opportunity more interesting

Talent Acquisition Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

I have phone interviewed with Waste Management for a Recruiter role twice. The first time, in 2013, the interviewer was extremely rude and cut me off multiple times; I decided not to move forward. In 2015, I decided to apply again, and a different interviewer was also extremely rude and caused me to not move forward with the process. I will not apply again - the culture of the Talent Acquisition department at HQ appears to be very toxic, with Recruiters being condescending on the phone and cutting you off in order to churn through questions.

Interview Questions

• How many requisitions have you handled at one time?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

Recruited by third-party headhunter for the position. After phone screen, then participated in a panel interview with three managers, including direct supervisor, senior engineering management, and regional operational management. Subsequent to panel interview, participated in a telephone interview with Human Resources representative, and eventually received an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a negative experience with a client/customer, and what you did to handle the situation.   Answer Question

Diesel Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Waste Management (Framingham, MA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume and filled out Waste Management's online forms. That same afternoon, I was contacted by a recruiter, answered a few questions, and was given an interview date. The interview was pleasant, informative, and professional. The interviewer seemed impressed with my resume and experience. I was informed that I would hear from them in 2 weeks if there was an offer for me. I will post with an update when I hear back from WM or in 3 weeks. Whichever comes first.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was familiar with hydraulic and electrical systems.   1 Answer

Senior Real Estate Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted by human resources via email to schedule an interview. My first interview was with the real estate VP and director. The second interview was with a project manager and paralegal.

Front End Load Driver Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Waste Management (Cleveland, OH (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Manager was a friend of a friend so I already had an interview set up before I applied so the whole process was kind of backwards. In person interview with route manager and district manager 4 days after I initially applied, about three hours after I had a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you saw someone act unsafe on the job and what did you do when you saw it?   Answer Question

Senior Dispatcher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Waste Management.

Interview

was pleasant and was done by a supervisor and human resource department. each had there questions that they would ask you. and a complete list of scenarios that you were asked. and had to answer.

Interview Questions

• why should we hire you   Answer Question

Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Waste Management in January 2015.

Interview

Went in for an interview and the manager for that terminal never even showed. I left my number and resume. No call, just an email saying they were looking at other applicants.

Interview Questions

• No questions, just an email saying they were not interested in me.   Answer Question

Assistant Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Waste Management in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a receipt of application e-mail immediately. I received a phone call to ask if I was still interested and if I had time for a brief phone interview. They proceeded to ask about my preventative maintenance background with regards to diesel, electrical, & air brakes systems. I only have six months experience, they said I needed one year experience despite the no experience or education requirements listed on their site, which promptly ended the interview.