Waste Management

Waste Management Account Manager Interview Questions

2.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Waste Management in June 2013.

Everything is handled through the HR department. They contacted me first via phone which was a "tell me about a time you had a difficult time converting an upset customer" type session. I was offered an in-person interiew at the end of the call.

The in-person interiew was odd because the two people whom I was supposed to interview with were both out and I ended up speaking with the General Manager for about an hour. He explained the position and asked some more stock questions, looking for complex answers with detail regarding my ability to handle various situations. He was very candid about what the position entailed, which I appreciated. Afterwards I was told I would be contacted by HR to let me know the status of my application.

HR contacted me 3 weeks in a row, every Wednesday, to let me know I was still being considered. On the third week they told me they went with another candidate. Two weeks later they contacted me again and said they had another position which they would like to offer me, but I had already accepted an offer elsewhere.

Very professional process.

Interview Questions
  • All the questions were the typical "Tell me about a time you helped a client resolve a difficult issue and how you came to the resolution."   Answer Question

Already accepted position with another company. Hiring process takes a very long time, at least a month.

Other Interview Reviews for Waste Management

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Waste Management in November 2011.

First step is a phone interview with company recruiter, second step was interview with area sales manager and final interview was with sales manager.

I did not negotiate.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Waste Management in April 2011.

Long, drawn out process. Two telephone interviews before in person interview. Local manager was very nice, helpful, encouraging. I was selected and referred to non-local recruiter for hiring package, recruiter called and said they'd like to hire me, 2 weeks later they called and retracted the offer to hire. Six week process start to disappointing finish.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you take a job that is at a lower level and salary than the one you had previously?   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Waste Management in December 2010.

The interview process was rather extensive. It consisted of filling out a personality test online, a phone interview with a recruiter, a one on one interview with the Regional Sales Manager, and then a final phone interview with the Head of sales for the Southeast. Overall it was very professional and organized and the people seemed great.

Interview Questions
    • There were a good amount of situational questions like:
      What would you say to a customer who said your prices were too high?
      Tell me about a time you were dealing with a discouraged customer and how did you solve their problems?
      Tell me about a time when a meeting with a client didn't go as planned, what happened and how did you react?
        Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Waste Management in January 2009.

Several phone interviews, discussion of sales position and client base

Interview Questions
    • What experiences in service deliveries were the most challenging for you   Answer Question

Salary was not competitive

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Waste Management in October 2008.

I was given a phone interview with a person from HR that lasted about 30 minutes. I was contacted 2 days later and set up an interview with a panel of 4 employees from various positions. The first interview lasted 45min-1hr. I was contacted 4 days later to go back for a second interview which lasted about the same amount of time. The second interview was only the direct manager and a HR rep. About a week later I was sent an email letting me know I had not received the position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to made a difficult decision when dealing with a customer. What was the situation, and how the result.   Answer Question

Worked for Waste Management? Contribute to the Community!