Walt Disney Company Interview Questions

Updated 18 Apr, 2015

2.8

Disney College Program Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview

So, you fill out the online application. Don't sound too picky, say you're highly interested in most positions even if you're not. If you didn't apply too close to the deadline, you'll have an "online interview" which is more of a survey that asks about your personality like, "are you a team player" "do you get upset easily." Basically the same simple questions that you see on any job application you do online. Remember, disney wants happy & positive people who are team players!! You'll know whether or not you passed as soon as you take it. Then, you will get an email or dashboard notification to schedule your phone interview. The phone interview is the one and only phone interview you'll need to pass. The longest it takes is 40mins. The interviewers are soooooo nice and happy. Many people have put their actual interview on youtube. it's the same general questions for everyone. Check out the blogs with the questions, they're pretty much the same exact questions.

Interview Questions

• What are the top three roles you'd like to work? Why do you want to work your first top role? How would you handle an angry guest situation and give me an example of one you've handled. Why are you interested in the Disney college program? What do you know about the parks?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Walt Disney Company (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I found the process to be long. I was passed around a bit before I was actually streamlined into something. They will suggest that you apply for multiple areas. My first interviews were very basic. They asked me about various points on my resume and what I liked about the company. My second level interviews were more in depth and asked about my skills/ various projects on my resume. There were some behavioral questions about thought process. Lastly, I was called into the office for an interview. Everyone was friendly. The interview was short with some industry based questions. Overall, everyone was very helpful, and I would apply again.

Interview Questions

• What is your thought process?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview

I interviewed for a HR internship(professional internship). I scheduled an interview on the website. It was a short interview on the phone. She asked questions about my resume, internship experience and fit with the company.Very fast and short. But the employer is very nice. All the questions are about my past internship experience. It is no difficult.

Sourcing Manager Interview

Interview

Internal recruiter found me on LinkedIn. After responding to his initial email, took almost a week to get a response. Had a phone interview with the hiring director on short notice. After receiving the call 20 minutes late, had a good hour discussion about the role and experience.

Never heard a word after this interview. Unprofessional, unpolished process.

Program Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview

I applied the position online, and received an email in 2 weeks which invited me to take a phone interview. This interview is a general interview for all the internship you have applied. There are no technical questions in this part. Go through the resume, and ask me which work experience is my favorite and why? The remain questions are behavior questions. (I did not know the result of interview)

Disney Professional Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview

After a month of applying, they sent me an email to schedule a phone interview. Once you schedule an appointment they inform you to block an hour for the phone screening (15 minutes before your interview time, and 15 minutes after the scheduled time). My interview started 15 minutes late, which is okay because they mentioned that ahead of time! the interviewer was very friendly, she asked general questions about my accomplishments, and it only took 15 minutes (interview might take 10-30 minutes).

Interview Questions

• What would you gain from this internship?
      How did you deal with a situation when you had an issue with a manger/coworker?
      Have you ever been to disney land?
      Some behavioral and experience questions. Nothing to hard, it's all about you and how you can add value to disney

Answer Question

Attractions Host Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview

At the time, they were doing job fairs. They had me come in and do a computer test, one of those personality type tests. Then a group interview. They asked all three of us the same questions, really standard questions, nothing special.

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment of challenge? How did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Disney College Program, Merchandise Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview

One introduction interview, very short which schedules the second interview. Then a second interview was longer so be ready to answer questions. Make sure you know what role you want and why. Be very clear why you are interested. Ask questions because it shows interest. Compare your education goals with the experience you will gain if part of the program.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Disney?
      What do you love about Disney?
      How many Mickeys? 1
      How important is Safety? Safety is first.

1 Answer

Negotiation

They offer you a position with no negotiation.

Director Technology Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview

Fantastic engagement, first class recruiting, questions relevant to the role, the decriptions was very clear. The focus was on emerging technology and strategy. The entire day of interviews was engaging, respectful and very brand enhancing for the experience.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Walt Disney Company (Anaheim, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

It is a long process because you need to wait until everyone has applied to be given an answer. I really enjoyed seeing how my application was progressing. I want to work for Disney and knowing that I had the chance was really important to me. I would recommend the Professional Internships to everyone who qualifies.