Walt Disney Company Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 20, 2014
202 interviews

2.8

Accounting Rotational Program Entry-Level Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn, gave a brief introduction of the program and asked for available times for a phone call.

Asked standard interview questions about my resume and asked if I researched anything else about the program. I said I didn't find anything else but did find information on the company's leadership and how its stocks hit above $90 first time in fifteen years.

The program required at least one year of professional experience, which I did not have. The recruiter said she'd refer me to their summer internship program.

Environment & Conservation Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Glendale, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in July 2014.

My first interview was with a manager in the Corporate Citizenship office, with a background in consulting and carbon markets. She was amiable, but somewhat distant throughout the interview, which consisted primarily of questions regarding my experiences with sustainability and project management. She additionally asked very specific questions regarding voluntary carbon reporting standards, paper policies, and GHG inventories, which were very difficult and seemingly beyond that of the job description.

About a week later I received an email from HR asking for my availability for an in-person, panel interview with three managers, including my initial interviewer. Upon arriving to the office, I discovered that a miscommunication led to my interview being scheduled alongside a monthly office-wide meeting. One of the managers came to talk to me for an "informal interview" for about ten minutes before leaving for the meeting, then my initial interviewer came in and interviewed me for the next 45 minutes. This interview built upon the first, with many repeated questions as she had misplaced her notes from two weeks prior. There we additionally other situational questions about my research and project management skills.

At the end of the interview, the manager asked me if I had yet received any paperwork from HR, which led me to believe that I had gotten the position. She also asked me the name of the HR person that contacted me, so that she could speak with her about it. I waited the weekend, then sent a followup email, to which she responded that I would hear back shortly. I never received a response, but after about three weeks my status on DisneyCareers changed to "No Longer In Consideration."

Interview Questions
    • Let's say that I want you to compare and contrast the Climate Action Reserve, the Verified Carbon Standard, and the American Carbon Registry with the Kyoto Protocol. How would you go about researching and presenting this information?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in May 2013.

I was brought in with another person and basically because we were called in at all, we had the job. The questions were all common sense based and it barely felt like a real interview at all.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time a sales associate showed you outstanding service.   Answer Question
    I asked for a specific number, and got just below that so I didn't push the issue.

Custodial Cast Member, DLR Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

The hiring and interview process is extensive and intense, but so exciting. If you are selected to move on after the initial application online, you will be asked to complete an online interview. This online interview is extensive in itself and consists of a personality/compatibility type format. If you are selected to move on after the online interview, you will be asked to choose an interview time for an in person interview. Business formal is a must. I went to the Disneyland Anaheim office to interview. The interview was generally standard, but of course focused on customer service and passion for the company or your work. The hiring process was beyond exciting. Disney is very much about an inside culture and you not only go through extensive training, but become part of a family through special events and exclusive experiences, like a backstage tour.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was along the lines of giving an example of a time when you were on a team, something went wrong, and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

College Program Interview

This was one phone call interview with a recruiter. Typical interview, why you are interested in the program, some behavioral questions, more info on your work history, and which roles are you willing to work.

Interview Questions
    • Please explain the situation where you worked in a fast paced environment & an unexpected issue came up. How did you overcome that?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online at disyney.com and receives an immediate response from the HR for a phone interview. The HR phone screen interview was very straight forward and specific to changing business priorities, out come driven initiatives and value substantiation. Then i was scheduled for a second interview which went very well and hope to get the role. I am still waiting for the offer call or email.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a business case and asked to analyze and describe how one could demonstrate value substantiation.   Answer Question

Reservation Sales Agent, Disney Reservation Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in May 2014.

Very fast process.

Day 1: Applied online.
    Day 2: Received email invitation to schedule phone interview
    Day 3: Had phone interview and received email invitation to schedule Face-to-Face Interview from a list of available dates.

Day of Interview: Went in the training room (I had worked PT evenings in their dining division at the same location 8 years prior) with about 15 others and watched the video and took the personality, basic skills and call center simulation test. After completion, waited about 20 minutes to be called for the face-to-face interview. Interview was typical. Was surprised that my wearing a traditional pants suit was considered over-dressed. While I realize that the day-to-day dress code is very casual, I thought dressing right for the interview would be appreciated. But I digress.

Was hoping to get a decent shift, despite seniority -- but a LOT has changed in 8 years. They used to hire on the spot and run fingerprints the day of the interview. Not now, they rarely hire part-time anymore, and newbies get absolutely no weekends off. The shift was 1:45 pm - 11:00 pm. While the benefits are out of this world, how would you enjoy them with those days and hours?

Day 7 (after the interview): Received job offer at 9 o'clock at night. Almost didn't answer my phone because it was from an "Unknown" number. Since I had a week to think it over and how it would impact my work-life balance (regardless of free park admission), I declined the job. Although during the 2 month training you get Sundays off, I didn't want to start the job and end up quitting because of the call center hours after training. Didn't want to burn a bridge.

I hope they start hiring part-time again. I'd reapply in a heartbeat!

Interview Questions

The shift. No weekends off and 1:45pm-11pm evening shift.

Undeclared Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

I am a manager and was thrilled to be interviewing for a corporate position, but I became disenchanted during the hiring process.

Initial phone interview by HR about 10 days after online application. The HR team is nicely organized and communicative. Video interview a week later. On-site 2 weeks after that. I was the final/sole candidate at that point.

Each interview was different, and not what was expected at that "stage" of the process. (Personally, I didn't feel that I performed that great from Day 1, and was wondering why they even kept me moving forward?! But I thought perhaps I underestimated my ability, or they really just had no one better to choose from! )

Once on-site, (a vast sea of small cubicles and plain conference rooms,) I met with about 8 people. Hard to explain here, but it feels like a police interrogation, like they have the answers already and know you're guilty, but they enjoy putting you through their line of questioning. Very uncomfortable. They seem to derive some pleasure out of it. Had it been a different company, I'd have removed myself from candidacy...I got the feeling I wouldn't have much job security if hired in this role; they'd always be looking for a way to make me look bad.

I actually wished/expected they'd give me some sort of project vs. a series of interrogations where I was defending myself (rather than illustrating my capabilities). With few exceptions (upper management, who I quite liked,) they came off as smug and unyielding; also, there was a universal vibe of frustration in working for a giant company where decisions go through so many levels, and effecting change is nearly impossible.

I ended up questioning whether I even want to work there in any capacity. I'd already expressed reservations to my family. Sadly, if this was a good example of their culture, maybe it's not for me, after all.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't expecting to be instructed to explain a gap in employment from 15+ years ago. (Really?!)   Answer Question

Vice President Marketing Interview

Called to set up the interview and that was in two weeks. Panel/ committee meeting and they gave me a business case to analyze. three hour interview. Then called in a week for meeting with my new supervisor. Called a week later and accepted the job.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Walt Disney Company in May 2014.

Got an email requesting me to sign up for an initial phone screening. I spoke to a recruiter during the screening and she asked me general questions about availability, interests, and personality. She was very nice and enthusiastic. After three weeks I finally got an email back saying they want to interview me. I scheduled an interview with the hiring managers. We spoke over the phone and it was a fairly typical interview. They asked me about my prior experiences and different skills relevant for this position. I never heard anything back even after following up, and found out I didn't get the offer only by checking the online application status.

Interview Questions
    • Use three words to describe yourself.
      How do you feel about Disney?
      Tell us about a difficult experience you faced.
        Answer Question

Worked for Walt Disney Company? Contribute to the Community!