Walt Disney Company Interview Questions

Updated 16 Oct, 2014

2.8

Reservation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company.

The process started out with an online application. Then a few weeks later I was invited to do a phone interview. The questions on the phone interview were pretty standard sales questions and conducted by a recruiter. Then I was invited to an onsite interview a few weeks later. The in person interview consisted of a computer assessment to check typing ability as well as a personality profiling. Then I was interviewed by two people for about two hours. Typical sales questions. Very nice people. Seems like an outstanding company and I hope I am offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite Disney Resort, Disney Restaurant, Disney Ride, Disney Theme Park... and why.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Strangest interviews I've ever experienced. First interviewed via phone with dept head who talked most of the hour-long "interview." Before the call ended he said they would call me for the next step. Went to Burbank for in-person interview. The surroundings are very quiet, hot, no one walking around, not friendly - not like one would expect for this particular company.

During the next interview, the same person said all of the same stuff he said in the first interview. He had NO questions for me. It was up to me to interject why I was a fit, ask questions. When the interview ended I asked if he had any concerns about my ability to do the job and he said no. Then I didn't get the job. I wasn't even the slightest bit disappointed because it was so strange.

Interview Questions
    • They never asked me any questions. They do use a bicycle analogy to explain how their team is set up and they use this analogy over and over and over.   Answer Question

Music Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company.

HR contacts you for an interview, and they set up a time for you to meet with the hiring execs. Went in and met with execs and discussed music, best artists, and why I was the right fit for the job. Easy discussion that lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • What's your hardest challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    it was strict and stern. There was no negociation

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

I interviewed for a position in the Disney ABC Group. I applied on the Careers site and heard back from a recruiter the next day. A recruiter scheduled an interview with me and it was a short interview on the phone. He asked questions about my resume, work experience and fit with the company.

A different recruiter contacted me after my first interview to schedule a video interview (was not in the area) with the director of the department. I believe there was not a manager at the time. The interviewer was 15 minutes late because he did not realize the interview was via video. He was very outgoing, and asked a few questions about myself. He kind of came out as a little stuck up, as he hardly asked me any questions. He mostly asked me to ask him questions and I didn't get very much information about the job. During my interview some one in his office also interrupted the interview and he actually made me wait while he talked to the person who came in. It was a bit unprofessional in that regards. The interview overall was okay though, I wasn't sure if I got the position or not. I did not find out how I did on my interview/no feedback. I found out on Disney careers that I did not get the position.

Choreographer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

After applying online I received a phone call to set up an interview for the following week. Interviewed using an internet Skype program. Very relaxed and easy interview. Asked questions pertaining to my work experience and how I would react to certain situations that may arise.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about working with people who may be older than you and have been with the company longer?   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walt Disney Company.

I was good. I already worked for the company so it wasn't with strangers. I interviewed with my current boss to begin with then had a phone interview with the regional sales manager and another phone interview with the national sales manager.

Interview Questions
    • always the...what is your qualities you need to work on.   Answer Question

Reservation Sales Agent Interview

Applied online and got an email a almost 2 months later requesting a
    Phone interview. A week later I was interviewed over the phone and after initial screening, was invited to an in-person interview the following week.

The in-person interview consisted of taking a data entry assessment and some multiple choice personality tests before being interviewed. If they don't like your results they won't interview you. I made it to the next step and was interviewed by a manager and a trainer. Both were really kind and informative.

A month later I got a call saying I got the job. Lengthily process for me but I couldn't be happier.

My advice is be confident and show them you love the company and are knowledgeable about the whole resort.

Ad Sales and Promotiona Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

4 interviews with HR, Group Interview with the theatrical team, Marketing Director and General Director for Films (Joint Venture with Sony Pictures). Pretty much the same questions about my experience and projects, list of clients, asked for recommendations from my clients and my previous boss.

Costuming/Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company.

I applied on line. First you fill out a general application where you submit your work and education history and other basic information. After I filled this out a, few hours later, I received an email stating I've been accepted for a web based interview. This was essentially a personality test asking multiple choice questions like "what would you do if you had a disagreement?". It's really important to use your common sense because the web interview is basically a behavior based interview. Shortly after I completed that, I received a notice saying that I had been selected for an in person interview and they emailed me a link that led me to a page with about four different dates and several different time slots to choose from. Once I chose a time slot I received a conformation email. The day of the physical interview I arrived about 17 minutes early, which was good because there were already a good handful of people waiting in the lobby. I went in with a smile on my face and a cheery disposition, something Disney is looking for. When I went to go sit down in the lobby I noticed that a lot of people were being very quiet and somber. I ended up engaging in conversation with a lady who was applying for a different position. It was actually a good thing I started talking to her because she used to work in the department I was applying for and she gave me a lot of advice. You don't have to talk to people, in fact don't force it, but I felt that this displayed my people skills. While waiting, my interviewer to came out to greet me. I made direct eye contact and gave a firm handshake. While he led me back to my office I he asked me a couple questions. I currently reside out of state so he asked me if I was planning on relocating, to which I said yes. Once we say down in his office which was a bit small but not cramped, he sat down behind a desk and was at his computer. He ask me about my work history, why did I want to work for disney, etc.?, and a few other questions. Because I did my best to be confident and smile the whole time, the actual interview only lasted about 10 minutes. He then asked me when I would be willing to start and also asked me when I would be available for an overview meeting. He ended up scheduling me to do an overview the next day which was basically a meeting with a manager in the position you've applied for and they go over the requirements and tasks of the job. I think this is more or less to make sure you have the right idea about the job. Just like the interview, you should approach this with confidence because you may or may it have the job at this point. After the overview, the manger said to me that I would be receiving a call shortly with a job offer. I had only been in my car for about 10 minutes when I got the job offer. Some other points I'd like to stress about the interview Is make sure you are dressed nice. I mean business formal nice. It's better to over dress than under dress. Also, be confident and smile a lot. Finally, be yourself. If they don't want you for who you are, then you don't want to work for them. Also, if you are flying in for an interview like I did, try and schedule an extra day to be there after your interview invade they want a second interview. You probably wouldn't want to waste money on a plane ticket just for. Second interview. If you can plan two extra days, even better. Also, make sure you have two official forms of identification on you. Ex. Drivers lisence and birth certificate. One I'd has to have a photo.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, other than starting date. I had to move from out of state so, I needed at least two weeks. They were fairly accommodating.

Undergraduate Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Walt Disney Company.

I had 3 rounds of interviews with 6 people. The first one was a phone screening with an HR, and 1-2 weeks later I was emailed by another HR to schedule a personal interview itinerary with 30-minute each for a total of 2 hours. People were extremely nice and they asked me about life goals and personal interest. Nothing difficult, it's more like a daily conversation with a friend. You do have to answer some experience-related questions regarding the job position. Then 2-3 weeks later I was asked to schedule another phone interview with a professional, then after 2 weeks I was informed the interview result.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, asked me about multi-task ability, challenging projects I've done and what I've learned from it.   Answer Question
    There's no way to negotiate the hourly salary, because everyone gets the same. I did negotiate with weekly hours and that was approved.