Walker Marketing and Consultants

Updated 14 Oct, 2014

2.3

Entry Level - Client Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants.

Very Unprofessional! Very Misleading! I applied online and heard back from their recruiter within a couple hours. I agreed to go in for an initial interview the next day. When I walked in, there was music playing in the lobby and a girl at the front desk dressed VERY unprofessionally. While she was very nice and talked to me about my weekend plans, I was immediately suspicious. I was interviewed by the CEO and he was nice. Throughout the interview, it felt more like a conversation as he reviewed my resume and answered my questions. I was assured that it was not "sales" and it was potentially a cool opportunity with a great deal of growth. I left feeling a bit more optimistic and when they called me back that afternoon to request a follow up interview, I accepted as I was curious to learn more.

The second interview consists of an all day shadow (9am-5pm). This would give me the opportunity to see first hand what I would be doing. When I arrived I was paired up with two team members. Again, I was surprised by the way women dressed (first impressions are important). This is when I found out that I would spend my entire day in Dayton, OH. I should have spoken up and declined the invitation, but I continued to go along with the day. Frustrated and stuck in Dayton, I felt very mislead and unprepared for the day ahead of me. We spent the day going door to door to different business. There is a great deal of independence in this position, meaning that you must have incredible self-motivation and time-management. While I was told otherwise, this job is sales, which means you are working off of commission. I was very underwhelmed by the professionalism of this company and my day of shadowing only reinforced this.

I learned the hard way! Do your research, ask the right questions and trust your gut!

Client Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants in September 2014.

The interview process went very quickly -- which is great if you are looking to going right away. The first interview I met with the CEO, Brandon Walker, who was very nice and profession, and clearly excited about what he does. We reviewed my resume, he asked about my strengths and weaknesses, and he explained what the company does and a bit about the position. Two days later, I was doing the second interview where I was able to go along on a day's work with one of the coordinators. She was really nice and it was interesting to see her work. We didn't have the opportunity to pitch anything that day, but I did see her close a deal which gave a lot of insight into the paperwork process. There's a lot of freedom throughout the day, which requires a lot of self-discipline and drive to ensure that you make money. It is, without a doubt, very hard work, but if you like a challenge and like talking with people, then it would be a good fit. The challenge aspect really appealed to me, although I didn't eventually take the job. I don't believe that the business is a scam, like other reviews indicated. They had me worried but it really didn't go down like the reviews would have you believe. I believe it is a very tough business and you need to have the drive, passion, and thick skin to go along with it. Would have been a perfect fit for me right out of college.

Interview Questions

As a single mom, I was afraid to go to a commission based payment. I probably would have been fine and they provide many opportunities to learn and improve in order to get those commissions, but I'm a nervous nelly and was afraid to take the risk. However, if I was a single person, it would have been a no brainer and I would have accepted.

Client Coordinator Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants.

I submitted my application and was contacted a week later. I spoke with a girl in HR who was very knowledgeable and gave me a better feel for what the position was all about. I set up an interview and met with a hiring manager. He was very nice and asked me multiple questions that required a lot of thought. Not your tropical interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Which three people that you don't know on a personal level do you admire the most and why?   Answer Question

Marketing Representatives Interview

first round was hold by the CEO of the company, several usual questions like what is your gold, what's your experience. Then the second round would be like traveling around with a sales man in the company, knock the doors to sale the utility. I don't really like this process, so i ruined my interview in purpose.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants in July 2014.

Phone introduction to the setup a 1 on 1 interview. If you get selected for a second interview it is a full day shadowing which consisted of walking door to door with an account manager and see how they try and sell the service. When you get back you talk to the owner 1 on 1 to see if this is something that you are interested in.

Interview Questions

Door to door sales with full commission

Client Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants.

I was first contacted by the HR manager at Walker Marketing. I had submitted my application about a week before and was excited to hear back from them. The HR manager asked me a lot of questions about my resume and we went in to great detail about the job itself. I scheduled my interview and arrived a few minutes early. I got to meet the receptionist who was really polite and easy to talk to which definitely helped with my nerves. I was then taken back into the conference room where I met with the CEO. We went over my resume, strengths, weaknesses, my education so on and so fourth. He then got into the business and what the company did. It was really exciting to hear about all the great opportunities with in the company. I was then told about the second round interview which is actually a full day where you get to see exactly how an actual work day looks. This was cool because seeing an actual day of work would definitely tell me if I was cut out for this position or not. The next day I was contacted and invited back for the second round interview which I scheduled for the following week. The second round interview was great. I got to meet a lot of the staff and learned a ton. I ended up being offered a position.

Anonymous Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH (US)

interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants in June 2014.

I applied to Walker about a week ago and was contacted the next day. I was very excited about how prompt they were, and they girls on the phone were very polite and professional. I was scheduled a first interview with the manager, and it was pretty brief. He went over the position a lot further in depth though, and covered all of my questions.

Interview Questions
    • Do you prefer working in a group setting or individually?   View Answer

Client Coordinator Interview

After I sent my resume to Walker Marketing and Consultants, I was contacted by their HR department right away. They were extremely interested in my background and everything that I had to offer making me feel much more comfortable when I went in for my interview. I was greeted right away when coming in and I really liked the atmosphere within the company. The hiring director, Brandon Walker, was very professional and took the time to explain what they were looking for. He provided me with detailed answers to all of my questions and explained everything thoroughly. Needless to say, the interview process went great and am happy to say that I'm now part of the Walker Marketing team!

Interview Questions
    • One of the most difficult questions was probably what my motivation in the workplace would be. This was one of my first interviews so I never have really thought about it before then.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants in March 2014.

I applied online to an ad that I felt would best suit what I was looking for in a career. I was contacted by their HR team and they were extremely friendly and knowledgeable about the type of candidates the company was looking for. I scheduled my interview for a week later and sat down with the hiring manager, Brandon Walker. The interview was extremely professional and gave me a very clear understanding of what the client coordinator position was all about. A day later i was contacted for a second interview and was hired to be a client coordinator.

Interview Questions
    • What motivates me the most in and outside of the workplace and why?   Answer Question
    The interview process was very thorough in what the position entails, advancement, etc.

Client Coordinator Interview

I was first contacted by an HR rep and she asked me multiple questions about my resume that I had submitted, she then explained why the company was interested in me, and we went on to set up a date for my interview. The day came for my interview and I was interviewed by Brandon Walker the hiring manager. He was very well dressed and professional, he answered all of the questions that I asked and he was very knowledgeable. I was contacted within the next day saying that I was wanted to come back to the company for my second interview, which I then scheduled and was hired on! I really like working for Walker!