Walker Marketing and Consultants

Updated 25 Jul, 2014
Updated 25 Jul, 2014

2.3

Client Coordinator Interview

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants.

I submitted my application and was contacted a week later. I spoke with a girl in HR who was very knowledgeable and gave me a better feel for what the position was all about. I set up an interview and met with a hiring manager. He was very nice and asked me multiple questions that required a lot of thought. Not your tropical interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Which three people that you don't know on a personal level do you admire the most and why?   Answer Question

Marketing Representatives Interview

first round was hold by the CEO of the company, several usual questions like what is your gold, what's your experience. Then the second round would be like traveling around with a sales man in the company, knock the doors to sale the utility. I don't really like this process, so i ruined my interview in purpose.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants in July 2014.

Phone introduction to the setup a 1 on 1 interview. If you get selected for a second interview it is a full day shadowing which consisted of walking door to door with an account manager and see how they try and sell the service. When you get back you talk to the owner 1 on 1 to see if this is something that you are interested in.

Interview Questions

Door to door sales with full commission

Client Coordinator Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants.

I was first contacted by the HR manager at Walker Marketing. I had submitted my application about a week before and was excited to hear back from them. The HR manager asked me a lot of questions about my resume and we went in to great detail about the job itself. I scheduled my interview and arrived a few minutes early. I got to meet the receptionist who was really polite and easy to talk to which definitely helped with my nerves. I was then taken back into the conference room where I met with the CEO. We went over my resume, strengths, weaknesses, my education so on and so fourth. He then got into the business and what the company did. It was really exciting to hear about all the great opportunities with in the company. I was then told about the second round interview which is actually a full day where you get to see exactly how an actual work day looks. This was cool because seeing an actual day of work would definitely tell me if I was cut out for this position or not. The next day I was contacted and invited back for the second round interview which I scheduled for the following week. The second round interview was great. I got to meet a lot of the staff and learned a ton. I ended up being offered a position.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH (US)

I was called in for an interview with Walker on the same day that 2 other similar businesses in the area scheduled me for interviews. I thought this was weird. Walker and the others were all outsourced "marketing" companies. Walker deals with an energy company. The first interview was very simple and lasted about 15 minutes. I was surprised when I arrived that about 5 other people were in the lobby waiting for an interview at the same time. What type of company calls multiple people in at the same time and makes them wait? I was also mad/disappointed that the job literally has nothing to do with sports. They just put that because they "want competitive-minded people". Seemed like false advertising to me.

During the interview I was told that "they are considering a lot of candidates with similar qualifications", but they literally called me about 2 hours later wanting to set up a second interview. I declined because I honestly wasn't interested. After reading other bad reviews for this and similar companies, I'm glad I did.

Interview Questions
    • None. They were all very general, simple interview questions about work ethic and working with a team. Nothing about my specific skills or anything.   Answer Question

Wasn't interested.

Anonymous Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH (US)

interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants in June 2014.

I applied to Walker about a week ago and was contacted the next day. I was very excited about how prompt they were, and they girls on the phone were very polite and professional. I was scheduled a first interview with the manager, and it was pretty brief. He went over the position a lot further in depth though, and covered all of my questions.

Interview Questions
    • Do you prefer working in a group setting or individually?   View Answer

Client Coordinator Interview

After I sent my resume to Walker Marketing and Consultants, I was contacted by their HR department right away. They were extremely interested in my background and everything that I had to offer making me feel much more comfortable when I went in for my interview. I was greeted right away when coming in and I really liked the atmosphere within the company. The hiring director, Brandon Walker, was very professional and took the time to explain what they were looking for. He provided me with detailed answers to all of my questions and explained everything thoroughly. Needless to say, the interview process went great and am happy to say that I'm now part of the Walker Marketing team!

Interview Questions
    • One of the most difficult questions was probably what my motivation in the workplace would be. This was one of my first interviews so I never have really thought about it before then.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants in March 2014.

I applied online to an ad that I felt would best suit what I was looking for in a career. I was contacted by their HR team and they were extremely friendly and knowledgeable about the type of candidates the company was looking for. I scheduled my interview for a week later and sat down with the hiring manager, Brandon Walker. The interview was extremely professional and gave me a very clear understanding of what the client coordinator position was all about. A day later i was contacted for a second interview and was hired to be a client coordinator.

Interview Questions
    • What motivates me the most in and outside of the workplace and why?   Answer Question
    The interview process was very thorough in what the position entails, advancement, etc.

Client Coordinator Interview

I was first contacted by an HR rep and she asked me multiple questions about my resume that I had submitted, she then explained why the company was interested in me, and we went on to set up a date for my interview. The day came for my interview and I was interviewed by Brandon Walker the hiring manager. He was very well dressed and professional, he answered all of the questions that I asked and he was very knowledgeable. I was contacted within the next day saying that I was wanted to come back to the company for my second interview, which I then scheduled and was hired on! I really like working for Walker!

Account Executive Interview

I should have known up front this job was deceptive in nature, but I was a desperate college kid. They asked me four questions, then sent me home. I received a phone call from them in less than an hour after leaving asking me to devote a whole day to shadow in the field. While shadowing we met many disgruntled customers and angry customers who wanted nothing to do with us, and that were angry with AT&T. The company they were selling for. It should have been my first clue.

I reluctantly accepted the offer, and within a few days of starting I realized this wasn't for me. The position is fine I'm sure for some people, but not for myself. Brandon Walker pressured me into staying multiple times, and I finally quit after a week and a half. I was done.

Interview Questions
    • What's the most important P of the four P's of marketing?   Answer Question
    None.

Worked for Walker Marketing and Consultants? Contribute to the Community!