Walgreens Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.4

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walgreens.

First, you will do an application either online or in store on the computer. There are no paper applications. Next, you have to go to a location to do a skills assessment. Ask for a manager and let them know you are there for a skills assessment. If possible, speak to the STORE MANAGER after you do the skills assessment so they can put a face to the application.The interview is now a behavioral one. Management is supposed to give same exact interview for all candidates. Do an internet search for Behavioral Interview questions for practice. You can apply for any entry level position. You do not need prior experience with photo equipment, beauty supplies or pharmacy knowledge. They do all the training for these positions, so aim high! If you have previous management experience definitely apply for the SFL, shift lead, key holder (whatever they are calling it now) position. You will have opportunity to advance if you do well. Pay attention during training and please don't act like you already know everything. Be prepared to work any holiday. You won't have to work all (in a fair store), but will definitely be expected to work some. If you have a family, I would think long and hard about how you would rather spend your holidays. If you can avoid working for a company that is open on holidays I would do so. If you are hired, make sure you let management know if and when you want to advance and be persistent.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had an upset customer. What did you do to resolve the problem?   Answer Question
    I interviewed a LONG time ago for entry level. There was no negotiation.

Pharmacist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in April 2010.

Walgreens sent representatives to our pharmacy school for 'career day.' I interviewed with a man for about 10-15 minutes. About 1-2 weeks later I received an email from the district manager offering me a position.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a scenario in which the customer was irate and upset, how do you handle it?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate salary because the number of jobs was outnumbered by the number of pharmacist intern applicants.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Walgreens in September 2012.

Applied online, had to answer multiple choice questions about your personality. Got a call the next day to come in and take another test online in-store. Basic math questions and how to deal with customers. Received another call later that day saying they wanted to me to come in and talk to a manager about the position. The manager basically said what would be expected of me, base pay, and some other things i've forgotten.

No negotiation

Beauty Advisor Walgreens Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Walgreens in December 2013.

Very quick , submitted online application , called within 36 hrs and interviewed within 48 hrs. easy questions.passed drug test and was hired within 5 days of application. very pleasant experience.

Photo Lab Operator Interview

interviewed at Walgreens in May 2013.

They asked situational based behavioral questions. IT was a round robin style with six different people in three different interviewing rooms. The questions were all intense and they were looking for me to use example scenarios to explain my answers. If I was unable to answer to the questions for their clarity, they always asked follow-up or more probing questions to better understand my role in these scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and what actions did you take? What are your strengths and opportunities? Tell me about a time when you had a personal conflict with a peer and how did you handle it? Tell me about a time when you had to give upward feedback to a supervisor.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in April 2013.

I got called in for the first interview almost one day after I completed the in-store assessment test. The interview was short and sweet, standard questions about how I would handle stressful situations or angry customers etc. I did not get the job the first time (I was only 16 at the time and they needed someone who was 17 or older for legal reasons) but the day I turned 17, I got another phone call and had basically the same interview with both the store manager and another regular manager. I got hired on the spot and started work the next day. I did training simulations for the first few days and then was trained briefly in photo and front register. After less than a day of hands on training, I was sent off on my own on front register.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any hard questions but they had me describe how I handled a few random situations similar to what I would face in the workplace; I had never had a job before and I was homeschooled, so the teamwork questions were a bit difficult   View Answer
    no negotiation, they told me I would start with minimum wage and that was that.

Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Walgreens in March 2010.

Was hired through a friend so it was not an actual job that was posted or that I intended to stay at for any specific length of time. I was filling in for a position I had no experience or knowledge of and believe that if there had been more information prior to my acceptance of the job offer I would have negotiated for more than the wage that was accepted.

Beauty Advisor Walgreens Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Rapids, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Walgreens.

Pretty Straight forward. My interviewer was very friendly. I felt at ease. He asked how long did I plan on working at Walgreens. I was hired on the spot. I just showed that I had excellent customer service skills in my background and that I love working with others (customers and team). Also, the more flexible your schedule is the better.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember, but standard interview questions...do you remember a time when?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Stock Clerk Interview

I'm a nice, sweet, caring and independent person and I love being around people. I always have a smile on my face and a positive attitude at work. I work with customers perfectly.

Interview Questions
    If you want a job always ask questions.

Function Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Walgreens in August 2014.

Started with an hour long phone interview with the corp recruiter, she asked basic situational questions to get a feel of my background and experience. Very simple and easy. After I was given and onsite interview with the HR manager and Operations Manager. This was about an hour and a half long, again very easy asking situational questions, just remember to use the STAR format and you'll be fine. I was also interviewing for the I/O Ops Mgr position as well so, after that interview about 30 days later I was scheduled to interview with the GM and Mgr of Ops. This was about 2 hours, situational just like the rest very easy interview.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions all situational and experience based   View Answer
    No negotiation, the corp HR called and made the offer, the offer was very good so I did not attempt to get more. However, she told me it was something I should have negotiated during the interview. I asked for a signing bonus and was told that had to be discussed at the interview.

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!