Walgreens

Getting the Interview

718 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Student Pharmacist Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details they asked very general question. mostly about service.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you had to do the right thing but didn't want to.   Answer Question

Staff Pharmacist Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details I was hired during 2007 as a staff pharmacist when bonuses were still being offered. The interview was minimal and forgetful, my supervisor was happy to sign me on.

Interview Question – The commitment to stay in one are for 3 years seemed like a long commitment at the time.   Answer Question

ASM-T Interview

Newark, DE (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Walgreens in April 2014.

Interview Details The interview was 10 questions in the STAR format; Situation, Task, Action & Result. Mostly about interaction with customers and employees. No "typical" interview questions, like "Why do you want to work here?" Good idea to use examples from various jobs/life situations. Have your resume ready, multiple copies and on good paper!

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you had several tasks to do, and limited time to complete them. How did you prioritize and get them done and what was the result?   View Answer

Customer Service Clerk Interview

Boise, ID (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens in April 2013.

Interview Details Scott London, the store manager, interviewed me. I was nervous but he was laid back and it made it a lot easier to interview.

Interview Question – He asked if I had any questions for him. That was the hardest question..   View Answer

Pharmacist Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details I applied directly through the walgreens website. I heard back from the district manager within a week and went for a interview shortly after. The interview took about 3 hours. I was offered the position at the end of the interview.

Interview Question – Share a scenario where you exhibited sympathy for a patient   Answer Question

MGT Interview

West Palm Beach, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in February 2010.

Interview Details Called the store manager and asked for an interview. Interviewed with store manager then was scheduled to meet with District Manager. Took about 2 weeks.

Interview Question – basic retail interview questions. Make sure you have open availability.   Answer Question

Photo Specialist Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details It seemed like the usual interview. I had to take a simple math quiz and answer questions about previous employers.

Interview Question – How would I rate myself as an employee?   View Answer

Pharmacist Interview

Denver, CO (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in February 2014.

Interview Details During clinical rotations I had the opportunity to meet with one of the district managers of Walgreens. He asked me for an interview that following week. During the actual interview, the district manager mentioned he would ask a series of questions; some that had to do with pharmacy and some that did not. Pharmacy based questions included work flow based questions. "other" questions included one about what I would bring to a deserted island. Finally, the interviewer concluded by asking me why I wanted to work for the company and where I saw myself in a few years

Interview Question – Would you be willing to take a management position eventually? (trick question, you practically have to say yes)   Answer Question

Sales Clerk Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details Pretty basic. Interview with senior assistant, drug test, one day of training. The entire process took about two weeks from application submission to training day.

Interview Question – You are quite overqualified for these positions, how do I know that if I hire you, you will not quit at the next best offer?   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Houston, TX (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walgreens in August 2010.

Interview Details Walgreens prefers to promote within. The lowest management position is SFL (Shift Lead). If you have at least 3 years of customer service experience and posses a good customer service background, you can be considered. You must also have a high school diploma.

Interview Question – How would you handle an irate customer?
Describe a situation that shows you can build a rapport with others.
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walgreens

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walgreens interview questions and advice. All 718 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Walgreens employees and interview candidates.