W.W. Grainger

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Territory Sales Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at W.W. Grainger.

Interview Details Great interview process. Great company to work for. This is and entry level sales position and the

Interview Question – Tell me about a difficult work experience and how you overcame...   Answer Question

Territory Sales Associate

I applied through other source and interviewed at W.W. Grainger.

Interview Details I met the interviewer at a job fair. It was obvious that he was new to management and wasn't too good at interviewing. I was offered the position and it turns out that I had to jump through several HR hoops to actually get it. It was pretty ridiculous.

Interview Question – None. All questions were very generic and easy to answer.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Too many HR hoops to jump through. It also took forever to complete the HR process.

Lincolnshire, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at W.W. Grainger in May 2011.

Interview Details Pretty basic interview about background and skills.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you instead of someone with more experience?   Answer Question

Territory Sales Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at W.W. Grainger in October 2011.

Interview Details Basic behavioral quesitons. Very friendly interviewer. Young. Took notes on computer to give to higher recruiter-- wasn't in charge of making decision. Questions asked: Explain how you overcame a challenge. Sell me this pen. Why should I hire you and not my next interviewee.

Interview Question – Sell me this pen.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at W.W. Grainger

Worked for W.W. Grainger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at W.W. Grainger Territory Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by W.W. Grainger employees and interview candidates.