W.W. Grainger

W.W. Grainger Interview Questions

Updated 10 Dec, 2014
Updated 10 Dec, 2014

Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at W.W. Grainger.

First there is a screening phone call by a recruiter, then a Chally personality test, then 2 interviews with hiring level managers and finally an interview with a VP. They took quite some time to give me their final decision. All interviews were basically variations of standard sales interviews where they are looking for STAR answers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you mentored a peer and the positive benefit both of you gained.   Answer Question
    Salary was negotiable, also able to negotiate relocation costs.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at W.W. Grainger in December 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter to fill out an online assessment followed by a phone interview, the next week I was called back for a face to face interview with 2 managers one of which was dressed very unprofessional and sloppy and completely disinterested in the interview. While I answered the STAR format questions the interviewer was twirling her hair and not paying much attention to my answers, the other interviewer was somewhat paying attention and seemed a little more attentive. The next day I was sent an email stating they are going to pursue another candidate.

E-commence Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at W.W. Grainger.

Two rounds. First round on-campus interview; second round four 45 mins interviews. Mostly behavioral questions. Second round interviewers seemed unprepared. Some of them came with a list of common behavioral questions and tried to pick some in the interview. Most questions can be easily found online. I didn't feel them very hard.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Applied through contact made during the career fair as the college posting did not allow international students to apply. Not too difficult as it was mostly behavioral (4 back to back interviews). There was one 15 minute case study which was an analysis of a business problem they dealt with during the last year.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected: Would you choose people from different backgrounds or the same background when trying to build a team   Answer Question

Commercial Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

interviewed at W.W. Grainger in November 2014.

They ate interested in knowing your previous experience in a sales role. Specifically, are you resourceful and motivated? They ask you to submit info for a background check and take a drug test. 2 - 3,interviews before they let you know.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths? How did that apply to a positive customer interaction?,   Answer Question
    Very open, I got a great deal.

Inventory Planning Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at W.W. Grainger.

I applied though our university career fair and was contacted by a member of the Grainger recruiting team a week later. I had a 45 minute one on one interview with him. I was then contacted a week after that to attend final round interviews in Lake Forest, Il. I was flow to their offices where I had a full day of 4- 45 minute interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Given a few minutes to introduce myself then answered basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Account Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at W.W. Grainger.

behavioral interview lasts about one hour with some difficult questions about your previous job. Likes and dislikes. "The will do a background check and a drug test before you can be hired.

Commercial Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at W.W. Grainger.

There is a three interview minimum with different levels of management. Be sure to plan for your career and how you will succeed. Be sure you know how to plan and execute against your plan. The hiring process is long and will take several weeks to know where you stand.

Interview Questions
    • Initial interview is mostly behavorial questions such as "tell me a time when..."   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at W.W. Grainger in October 2014.

I applied through my college career website and talked to the recruiters at an information session to schedule an interview. Interview consisted of behavioral questions mainly. Examples below.

Tell me about a time when you had to figure out a task with a limited amount of information

Tell me about a time when you had to make an unpopular decision and how did you handle it

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL (US)

interviewed at W.W. Grainger in October 2014.

I got my first round interview through a career fair at my school. I was invited back to their headquarters where I was put through 4, 45 minute interviews and a case study in a row. The interviews were very conversational and not to dificult

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions... What would you do..? name a time...?   Answer Question