W.W. Grainger

W.W. Grainger Interview Questions

Updated 11 Nov, 2014
Updated 11 Nov, 2014

E-commence Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at W.W. Grainger.

Two rounds. First round on-campus interview; second round four 45 mins interviews. Mostly behavioral questions. Second round interviewers seemed unprepared. Some of them came with a list of common behavioral questions and tried to pick some in the interview. Most questions can be easily found online. I didn't feel them very hard.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Applied through contact made during the career fair as the college posting did not allow international students to apply. Not too difficult as it was mostly behavioral (4 back to back interviews). There was one 15 minute case study which was an analysis of a business problem they dealt with during the last year.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected: Would you choose people from different backgrounds or the same background when trying to build a team   Answer Question

Inventory Planning Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at W.W. Grainger.

I applied though our university career fair and was contacted by a member of the Grainger recruiting team a week later. I had a 45 minute one on one interview with him. I was then contacted a week after that to attend final round interviews in Lake Forest, Il. I was flow to their offices where I had a full day of 4- 45 minute interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Given a few minutes to introduce myself then answered basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Account Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at W.W. Grainger.

behavioral interview lasts about one hour with some difficult questions about your previous job. Likes and dislikes. "The will do a background check and a drug test before you can be hired.

Commercial Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at W.W. Grainger.

There is a three interview minimum with different levels of management. Be sure to plan for your career and how you will succeed. Be sure you know how to plan and execute against your plan. The hiring process is long and will take several weeks to know where you stand.

Interview Questions
    • Initial interview is mostly behavorial questions such as "tell me a time when..."   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at W.W. Grainger in October 2014.

I applied through my college career website and talked to the recruiters at an information session to schedule an interview. Interview consisted of behavioral questions mainly. Examples below.

Tell me about a time when you had to figure out a task with a limited amount of information

Tell me about a time when you had to make an unpopular decision and how did you handle it

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL (US)

interviewed at W.W. Grainger in October 2014.

I got my first round interview through a career fair at my school. I was invited back to their headquarters where I was put through 4, 45 minute interviews and a case study in a row. The interviews were very conversational and not to dificult

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions... What would you do..? name a time...?   Answer Question

Global Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at W.W. Grainger in October 2014.

First step was on campus meet up at a coffee house by campus. next was an on campus interview. i heard back a week later and they flew me to chicago to to final round interviews. 2 nights. first night, tour of the offices and then networking with full time employees in the supply chain area. shuttled to hotel. picked up next morning with my things and taken back to headquarters. there were two sessions, morning and afternoon. i got the morning session. 4 interviews. you stay in one room. they give you water and a few snacks. And managers from 4 different departments come and interview you. all completely different interview styles. then at the end the HR rep comes in and gives you a case study question. Want to see if you can think fast and rationally. then they gave both sessions lunch.

Changing for the Worst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at W.W. Grainger.

Very behavioral driven interviews...........Tell me about a time when...........You will also have a round table interview process with the hiring manager and a few staff members. You will have at least 2-3 phone interviews, panel and then final interview with the VP of Sales.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were faced with a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation   Answer Question
    AM base around $50-$75 plus commission and profit sharing. Great benefits..........negotiated vacation too

Territory Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at W.W. Grainger in September 2014.

I was first contacted by a recruiter via email. From there we set up a time to discuss the position. A couple of days later I had a phone interview with the same recruiter. About 3 weeks later I had a formal interview with the regional sales manager and the operations manager since it was a new territory.

Interview Questions
    • How I would address a customer that is reluctant to give the company a chance.   Answer Question
    No negotiating, it was straight forward.