Visa Inc.

Updated 2 Mar, 2015
Updated 2 Mar, 2015

2.8

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc..

I'm a computer science major. Saw their booth at a career fair and talked to a bunch of recruiters. Had interview at the conference the next day-- probably the most laid back interview I've ever had. A few behavioral questions and then it just became about the company and the work I could be doing.

Worked with HR to set up another phone interview in the department I'd be working in. She asked me one or two difficult technical questions, but mostly just talked about Visa and gauged my interest level. I got a call saying I got the job a few days later. Whole process took around a month. Currently getting a pretty extensive background check and waiting to hear more.

CS, math majors, and engineers: apply here! They're looking for people who can program and who have strong math backgrounds. Never had Visa on my radar, but they have a lot of opportunities that pay very well. I got a great vibe from the people I met, everyone seems passionate about their job, the employees are diverse, and I truly enjoyed speaking to everyone. I turned down other offers from big names in software because I liked the people and I felt they really care about the growth of their interns. I'm excited to work there this summer.

Interview Questions
    • Research the position you're applying for and know what people in that field do.   Answer Question
    Didn't even need to negotiate... they're paying for my housing and flights and paying me $25/hr

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Visa Inc..

3 rounds
    1 telephonic-mostly sorting algorithms, working of stacks queues, asked 2 questions- a number most repeating num from 1-100
    2 hackerrank online coding- 3 sections, 1st mcq(ask time complexities of codes),2nd and 3rd programming quest
    3 onsite technical- will ask a sorting algorithm or basics about programming

Interview Questions
    • given a fraction, reduce it to smallest fraction possible. Example: 12/15-->4/5   Answer Question
    • what would be the complexity of given gode--> will have a code with at most two for loops   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc..

I met them at a career fair and they scheduled an interview within two days. The first round was technical, and asked some pretty simple questions. There were two more such interviews, one that assessed general problem solving and the other emphasizing coding (some questions were a bit challenging). The last round was a behavioral interview, but had easy questions overall.

Software Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Visa Inc..

Submitted my application online through my college career site and got the interview. Asked me some conceptual questions and 1 technical question. Interview process was good however the recruiter did not seem very organized.

Interview Questions
    • What does the garbage collector do in Java?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Visa Inc..

I applied online and was called for an in-person interview. I talked to an HR rep over the phone and one of the hiring managers in person. He asked mainly behavioral questions, but was very condescending. He looked at my resume as well and asked questions based on activities and skills.

Interview Questions
    • Name an example of a time you displayed leadership qualities.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc..

Interviewed with them and never heard back about what would happen next, even after sending an email two weeks later and then another a month later. Would have preferred being told I didn't get the job or that I was still being considered, but months later I still haven't heard anything.

Interview Questions
    • Various questions on my classes, what I wanted to do, and what the job was.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Was interviewed for the 1st round. Got a call from career fair. The interview was scheduled at the university itself. Didn't get any further calls. Received a mail about reject.

Interview Questions
    • Given two link list find whether they are connected or not.   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vellore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Vellore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Visa Inc. in February 2015.

2 coding questions with 6 sections of mcq of hadoop, c mcq, operating system , infrastructure support the face to face interview .. 100 students applied 7 got placed

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. in February 2015.

Had a phone interview at first. After that I was called in for an in-person interview. Was asked typical interview questions by two gentleman who genuinely loved their jobs.

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL (US)

Met the recruiter at an on campus career fair. Had an on campus interview with the head of the team that I applied to be a part of the next day. Recruiter was very friendly and provided helpful hints throughout the interview. Got a very prompt response approximately two days after the interview.