Visa Inc.

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Database Engineer Interview

Senior Database Engineer
Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Visa Inc. in August 2012.

Interview Details Phone interview, then face to face interview. Technical discussion of my previous projects. Description of team's current challenges. Discussion of pros and cons of different approaches in design and code.

Interview Question – What are disadvantages of partitioning?   View Answer

Public Relations Manager, Brand Marketing Interview

Public Relations Manager, Brand Marketing

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Visa Inc. in January 2010.

Interview Details Very typical: starts with HR and then follows hiring manager interviews. The process is determined by the hiring manager style. In my case it was a conversation about the position and my qualifications but mostly about the position.

Interview Question – It wasn't a hard interview. Most common questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Good, they gave me what I wanted.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Staff Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc. in July 2014.

Interview Details VERY GOOD PLANNING AND COMMUNICATION. Started with an initial phone screen that was HR+few Java questions, then a test was picked up from a set of Java online tests, finally a coding round with senior developer.

Interview Question – nothing unexpected, simple java code to write method with loops.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate - Temp Contract Job W/Call Center Interview

Customer Service Associate - Temp Contract Job W/Call Center
Miami, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc. in February 2012.

Interview Details For the interview, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. She asked questions like:
- Tell me about yourself
- What were your past experiences with customer service?
- What are your strengths?

Then we did a role-play where she was an unsatisfied customer and I was the customer service representative for Visa. At first everything starts out normal where its a customer calling to ask about their current balance on their bill and then the situation was there was a charge on the bill for the customer that isn't suppose to be there. So she played the role of an angry unsatisfied customer.

After this she gave me positives and negatives about how I did for the role-play and told me when to expect an email with paperwork and information on the training sessions. At the actual training session, I got to meet with other people who passed the interview but even if you make it to this portion you are still at risk of getting cut. There are very strict rules about attendance like if you miss more than 2 days with an excuse or come in late 1 time you are going to be cut.

Interview Question – The role play of Customer Service Representative vs. Angry Unsatisfied Customer   View Answer

Reason for Declining – At the training orientation, I realized there was a lot of work and time to put into the Temp job but very slim chance of potential for permanent hire or keeping your name in the system for future temp-job openings. Also, the training schedule didn't work with my own schedule at the time. With myself having to drive 40 mins to 1 hour to get to work, it would be impossible for me to not arrive late due to traffic at least once during the 2 month training period and end up getting early termination on my record.

Intern Interview

Intern
Ashburn, VA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc. in May 2014.

Interview Details Started with a phone interview asked basic questions strengths, weaknesses, how to form team relationships, where do you see yourself in 5 years. Once offered a position I was given a background check and worked with HR on negotiating compensation

Interview Question – How would you form relationships with older workers that didn't respect your age?   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director
Miami, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview Details Pretty standard interview process with the hiring managers. LAC HR recruiter brought a refreshing spin to my interview process, exceptional! Felt challenged and compelled to answer his questions, over all a great process well done Visa!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Recruiter outlined expectations from the start no negotiation needed, would have hoped for a bit more but I am very happy with the offer

Director Interview

Director
Foster City, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Visa Inc. in March 2014.

Interview Details Relaxed and long process. 4 interviews in total. They look for people that fit with their culture and are able to perform without supervision. I met with direct manager, talent acquisition and group peers

Interview Question – Who is Visa main competitor?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Recruiting Coordinator

I applied through another source and interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview Details Int-ital communication via LinkedIn and was contacted by a TA to my mobile , spoke about the role etc .
After the phone call was sent an email invite for a face to face interview.

On the day of face to face interview.

I was ill on the day of interview , I went for it.

They asked me to go through my resume with them. But I couldnt do in detail because I was coughing and feeling very weak.

I kinda sense that i would not be selected , but if i were on their shoes i would at least give one more chance for next interview.

Not only that I also wished that they would inform me if i was not selected.

I had to call up to check after one week of the interview and they replied me that the team manager is not back from his trip so they cannot decide yet.

so after waiting for another 2 more weeks , I called them up again to check the status as i have not received any update from them.

They just replied me saying that you are not selected!

I asked the reason , they felt that i might not be able to handle the volume of work and they have already found someone else.

Interview Question – How would you manage high volume of work   View Answer

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager
Highlands Ranch, CO (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc. in October 2010.

Interview Details Recruiter found my resume online, gave me a call, we discussed position. I decided he could submit me for the position. Than Visa set up a phone screen with me. Than I got a call back about four business days later to meet with hiring manager separately, and than some team members. The entire onsite interview process lasted about two hours.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was, "Which would you prefer to use a gel pen or a ball point pen? And Why?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase went one round before I got an offer that I could agree on. It was not my ideal, but was an OK offer.

Business Leader Interview

Business Leader

Interviewed at Visa Inc.

Interview Details The hiring manager took the diligence to contact me and get to know my strength and experience. This is rare and most hiring managers didn't get the opportunity to do so because HR won't let it happen. You can't relax unless you already knew these people. This trumps diversity and you're expected to manage upwards. If you can please the top guy, then you shouldn't have any problem in getting hired.

Interview Question – The interview process is not about understanding your ability, but more to see if you can be a fit. That's a challenge unless you already know "how" to speak up. I was asked for an experience that is not listed in the job description, which is generic and vague to begin with, and no wonder I was not qualified. They also make you meet with several stakeholders and partners though it only matters if the top guy says "yes" so it's kind of a waste of time. Find someone via linkedin before interview so you can be prepared to see who you're dealing with.   Answer Question

Worked for Visa Inc.? Contribute to the Community!