Visa Inc. Interview Questions

Updated 24 Sep, 2014
Updated 24 Sep, 2014

2.8

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc..

I work in New York and applied for a position in Singapore as I was looking to move to Asia. I had an initial HR screen on phone and then 3 more interviews on phone - 2 business leaders and 1 HR leader from Asia. The interviewers were very nice and friendly. Phone interviews can be challenging but they went really well. The questions were about my background, why Visa, why the role, fit assessment, etc. There were no technical questions and I thought I had done quite well. Got great feedback from all the interviewers.

I followed up 2 weeks after initial interviews and I got a reply saying I wasn't selected for the final round as they thought even though I had good experience, when it came to business advisory experience, knowledge of the Asia region etc there were other stronger candidates. I was surprised to hear that as I was not asked a single question about either of the above topics so the judgement was made without actually testing those much.

In the end it felt a bit disappointing as I felt I wasn't given a fair shot.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Perhaps the one that made me think a bit was what I would do in the first 60 days   View Answer

Editor Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Visa Inc..

I applied for the post through the Visa, Inc website. A couple of days later, I received a call from a recruiter at Visa who scheduled me for a phone interview. The same recruiter conducted the phone interview two days later. She asked me very basic questions based on my resume. Asked me to describe what I did at my previous job. Asked a couple of more detailed questions based on my answers. When asked what the next step would be if I cleared this interview, she replied that there would be one more phone interview by a hiring manager, who will decide whether I'll be called in for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions really, possibly because she was just a recruiter.   Answer Question

Data Entry Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ashburn, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc..

I worked with a recruiter to secure an interview, so my representative scheduled everything from that perspective. I arrived early, got through security easily, and was able to wait in the lobby prior to the interview. I interviewed with a single person for almost the entire time and had a second interviewer during the last ten minutes. With the first interviewer, the tone was mostly serious and the questions were rapid-fire, but this individual provided a good deal of insight into the position. The second interviewer was more relaxed and asked more general questions, along the lines of "getting to know you". It took about forty-five minutes overall.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I received was, "What do you think you'll be doing in this position?" My recruiter's description of the position was vague and over-simplified compared to what it actually involved. I also interpreted the job posting differently, so I felt caught off-guard by this question.   Answer Question
    The Recruiter handled all salary negotiations. This was frustrating, as they offered no transparency into the actual negotiation and I feel that I was under-compensated based on what other employees were making in lesser-qualified positions.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Visa Inc..

Quick on the phone first interview, then an in person panel interview, [over three hours], then no contract for three weeks, followed by an offer. The people were basically organized by learning the process.

Insufficent salaruy

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc. in August 2014.

Interview consisted of two initial phone screenings. One more technical than the other. Then invited to an on-site where I met with two more people. Very technical interviews over network technologies mostly. Last step was another phone screening that was a technical screening of various things from coding to security.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Foster City, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Visa Inc. in August 2014.

First round was a phone screen that went on for around half an hour.
    Was called onsite the very next day for 5 one to one rounds that went on for around 2 and half hours.

Interview Questions
    • None. Purely technical and based on what the requirements for the position are.   Answer Question

Implementation Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc. in August 2014.

The entire process took a little over 4 weeks. I was a referred by an employee and received a call the next day from the recruiter for a brief phone interview. The following week I had a panel interview, which took about 30 mins. The interview was great, everyone was pleasant and professional and very laid back.

Interview Questions
    • What practices or performance improvements did you assist with implementing in your last position?   Answer Question
    I was very pleased with the offer.No negotiation needed

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc..

Pretty standard interview process with the hiring managers. LAC HR recruiter brought a refreshing spin to my interview process, exceptional! Felt challenged and compelled to answer his questions, over all a great process well done Visa!

Interview Questions
    Recruiter outlined expectations from the start no negotiation needed, would have hoped for a bit more but I am very happy with the offer

Staff Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc. in July 2014.

VERY GOOD PLANNING AND COMMUNICATION. Started with an initial phone screen that was HR+few Java questions, then a test was picked up from a set of Java online tests, finally a coding round with senior developer.

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected, simple java code to write method with loops.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Visa Inc..

Int-ital communication via LinkedIn and was contacted by a TA to my mobile , spoke about the role etc .
    After the phone call was sent an email invite for a face to face interview.

On the day of face to face interview.

I was ill on the day of interview , I went for it.

They asked me to go through my resume with them. But I couldnt do in detail because I was coughing and feeling very weak.

I kinda sense that i would not be selected , but if i were on their shoes i would at least give one more chance for next interview.

Not only that I also wished that they would inform me if i was not selected.

I had to call up to check after one week of the interview and they replied me that the team manager is not back from his trip so they cannot decide yet.

so after waiting for another 2 more weeks , I called them up again to check the status as i have not received any update from them.

They just replied me saying that you are not selected!

I asked the reason , they felt that i might not be able to handle the volume of work and they have already found someone else.

Interview Questions
    • How would you manage high volume of work   View Answer

Worked for Visa Inc.? Contribute to the Community!