Visa Inc. Interview Questions

Updated 24 Oct, 2014
Updated 24 Oct, 2014

2.8

Staff QA Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc..

I had around more than 10 Round of Interview all are 1 :1 with the team and hiring manager.. its an excellent Hiring process they are having.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc..

I work in New York and applied for a position in Singapore as I was looking to move to Asia. I had an initial HR screen on phone and then 3 more interviews on phone - 2 business leaders and 1 HR leader from Asia. The interviewers were very nice and friendly. Phone interviews can be challenging but they went really well. The questions were about my background, why Visa, why the role, fit assessment, etc. There were no technical questions and I thought I had done quite well. Got great feedback from all the interviewers.

I followed up 2 weeks after initial interviews and I got a reply saying I wasn't selected for the final round as they thought even though I had good experience, when it came to business advisory experience, knowledge of the Asia region etc there were other stronger candidates. I was surprised to hear that as I was not asked a single question about either of the above topics so the judgement was made without actually testing those much.

In the end it felt a bit disappointing as I felt I wasn't given a fair shot.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Perhaps the one that made me think a bit was what I would do in the first 60 days   View Answer

Editor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Visa Inc..

I applied for the post through the Visa, Inc website. A couple of days later, I received a call from a recruiter at Visa who scheduled me for a phone interview. The same recruiter conducted the phone interview two days later. She asked me very basic questions based on my resume. Asked me to describe what I did at my previous job. Asked a couple of more detailed questions based on my answers. When asked what the next step would be if I cleared this interview, she replied that there would be one more phone interview by a hiring manager, who will decide whether I'll be called in for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions really, possibly because she was just a recruiter.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Visa Inc. in September 2014.

Spoke to one guy from VISA at an on-campuys career fair, and was called later that night to come in for an interview the next day. The interview was a quick 30 mins and she asked me mostly behavioral questions. I basically explained my resume and answered questions about it and then was asked to basically tell a bunch of stories: describe a difficult problem and how you solved it, describe a time you analyzed something, describe a time you felt very accomplished and why, etc. The last 5 minutes I was able to ask a couple questions about the company and the internship.

Interview Questions
    • What do you already know about the company/what more can I tell you?   View Answer

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. in September 2014.

I was being referred this job by Staffing Agency. They did my phone screen interview. Interview consisted of mainly technical questions. 3 guys took my phone screen one after another. All 3 guys were from different locations. One guy was happy with my interview but another was not. I was being told by Staffing Agency, that they need to take 4-5 interviews before making the decision. It took 1-2 weeks times. I told my staffing agency that I decline to take this position since they like to take too much time deciding and also I had others job offers in hand to decide. After next week, I got call from staffing agency that they like to have on-site interview with me. I ended up telling them that I already got job offer.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. in September 2014.

Interview was done by one of the hiring manager, he was very friendly. He asked behavior questions about who I handle difficult situations Interview consisted of five questions to test your reaction to different situations. One of the questions asked was based on a scenario given to respond to

Interview Questions
    • A scenario was read to respond to, to determine how you would react to customers   Answer Question
    No negotiation involved, just accepted the job offer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus, IL (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Visa Inc. in September 2014.

Got an interview through a school career fair. The woman I talked to was very nice and offered me an interview the same day. The recruiters were the ones that interviewed all students.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were behavioral. A few were basic C/C++ questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. in September 2014.

I have applied for software engineer role through their portal.Got a call from HR after a week.

Total there are 6 rounds(one telephonic , Two technical , one coding and two with manager and delivery manager

Interview Questions
    • First round was a Telephonic round (Basic java ,Threads).

Followed by 2 technical rounds(Topics covered are Data Structures,Threads,Design Patterns, S/w Dev Life cycle) and one coding round.

For coding round they will give you a laptop and an editor (Eclipse)

Basically in coding round they will give 3 questions
      1.Basic logic's like fibonacci series
      2.Algorithms (Searching , Sorting etc)
      3.Threads ( producer consumer Problem ,Dinning etc)

Followed by two HR rounds.

TO DO's :
      1)Get well versed with Threads.(they concentrate more on this)

2)In coding round if you don't know logic to any of the question don't give a blank paper.
      (try to solve it ,write more comments )

3)Have a good understanding of DS(linked list ,hash map etc) and their time complexities.

4)HR rounds are treated more important than technical rounds.Make sure you are well prepared with below questions

why are you leaving your current company? (This is a killer question ,even if you have strong technical skills you may simply lose offer because of this questions.The best and safe answer would be to say 'Looking for new Challenges' but be ready for subsequent question followed by that question. )

5) DONT TRY TO IMPRESS manager or delivery manager with larger than life answers :)

Make sure your answers cross the bar rather than looking for 99 marks out of 100.
        Answer Question

Data Entry Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc..

I worked with a recruiter to secure an interview, so my representative scheduled everything from that perspective. I arrived early, got through security easily, and was able to wait in the lobby prior to the interview. I interviewed with a single person for almost the entire time and had a second interviewer during the last ten minutes. With the first interviewer, the tone was mostly serious and the questions were rapid-fire, but this individual provided a good deal of insight into the position. The second interviewer was more relaxed and asked more general questions, along the lines of "getting to know you". It took about forty-five minutes overall.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I received was, "What do you think you'll be doing in this position?" My recruiter's description of the position was vague and over-simplified compared to what it actually involved. I also interpreted the job posting differently, so I felt caught off-guard by this question.   Answer Question
    The Recruiter handled all salary negotiations. This was frustrating, as they offered no transparency into the actual negotiation and I feel that I was under-compensated based on what other employees were making in lesser-qualified positions.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Visa Inc..

Quick on the phone first interview, then an in person panel interview, [over three hours], then no contract for three weeks, followed by an offer. The people were basically organized by learning the process.

Insufficent salaruy