Visa Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.8

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc. in August 2014.

Interview consisted of two initial phone screenings. One more technical than the other. Then invited to an on-site where I met with two more people. Very technical interviews over network technologies mostly. Last step was another phone screening that was a technical screening of various things from coding to security.

Editor Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Visa Inc..

I applied for the post through the Visa, Inc website. A couple of days later, I received a call from a recruiter at Visa who scheduled me for a phone interview. The same recruiter conducted the phone interview two days later. She asked me very basic questions based on my resume. Asked me to describe what I did at my previous job. Asked a couple of more detailed questions based on my answers. When asked what the next step would be if I cleared this interview, she replied that there would be one more phone interview by a hiring manager, who will decide whether I'll be called in for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions really, possibly because she was just a recruiter.   Answer Question

Data Entry Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ashburn, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc..

I worked with a recruiter to secure an interview, so my representative scheduled everything from that perspective. I arrived early, got through security easily, and was able to wait in the lobby prior to the interview. I interviewed with a single person for almost the entire time and had a second interviewer during the last ten minutes. With the first interviewer, the tone was mostly serious and the questions were rapid-fire, but this individual provided a good deal of insight into the position. The second interviewer was more relaxed and asked more general questions, along the lines of "getting to know you". It took about forty-five minutes overall.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I received was, "What do you think you'll be doing in this position?" My recruiter's description of the position was vague and over-simplified compared to what it actually involved. I also interpreted the job posting differently, so I felt caught off-guard by this question.   Answer Question
    The Recruiter handled all salary negotiations. This was frustrating, as they offered no transparency into the actual negotiation and I feel that I was under-compensated based on what other employees were making in lesser-qualified positions.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Visa Inc..

Quick on the phone first interview, then an in person panel interview, [over three hours], then no contract for three weeks, followed by an offer. The people were basically organized by learning the process.

Insufficent salaruy

Senior Database Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Visa Inc. in August 2012.

Phone interview, then face to face interview. Technical discussion of my previous projects. Description of team's current challenges. Discussion of pros and cons of different approaches in design and code.

Interview Questions
    • What are disadvantages of partitioning?   View Answer

Public Relations Manager, Brand Marketing Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Visa Inc. in January 2010.

Very typical: starts with HR and then follows hiring manager interviews. The process is determined by the hiring manager style. In my case it was a conversation about the position and my qualifications but mostly about the position.

Interview Questions
    Good, they gave me what I wanted.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc. in July 2014.

VERY GOOD PLANNING AND COMMUNICATION. Started with an initial phone screen that was HR+few Java questions, then a test was picked up from a set of Java online tests, finally a coding round with senior developer.

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected, simple java code to write method with loops.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate - Temp Contract Job W/Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc. in February 2012.

For the interview, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. She asked questions like:
    - Tell me about yourself
    - What were your past experiences with customer service?
    - What are your strengths?

Then we did a role-play where she was an unsatisfied customer and I was the customer service representative for Visa. At first everything starts out normal where its a customer calling to ask about their current balance on their bill and then the situation was there was a charge on the bill for the customer that isn't suppose to be there. So she played the role of an angry unsatisfied customer.

After this she gave me positives and negatives about how I did for the role-play and told me when to expect an email with paperwork and information on the training sessions. At the actual training session, I got to meet with other people who passed the interview but even if you make it to this portion you are still at risk of getting cut. There are very strict rules about attendance like if you miss more than 2 days with an excuse or come in late 1 time you are going to be cut.

Interview Questions
    • The role play of Customer Service Representative vs. Angry Unsatisfied Customer   View Answer

At the training orientation, I realized there was a lot of work and time to put into the Temp job but very slim chance of potential for permanent hire or keeping your name in the system for future temp-job openings. Also, the training schedule didn't work with my own schedule at the time. With myself having to drive 40 mins to 1 hour to get to work, it would be impossible for me to not arrive late due to traffic at least once during the 2 month training period and end up getting early termination on my record.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ashburn, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc. in May 2014.

Started with a phone interview asked basic questions strengths, weaknesses, how to form team relationships, where do you see yourself in 5 years. Once offered a position I was given a background check and worked with HR on negotiating compensation

Interview Questions
    • How would you form relationships with older workers that didn't respect your age?   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc..

Pretty standard interview process with the hiring managers. LAC HR recruiter brought a refreshing spin to my interview process, exceptional! Felt challenged and compelled to answer his questions, over all a great process well done Visa!

Interview Questions
    Recruiter outlined expectations from the start no negotiation needed, would have hoped for a bit more but I am very happy with the offer

Worked for Visa Inc.? Contribute to the Community!