Victoria's Secret Stores

535 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details Group interview was initial contact at their job fair. Interview process was fairly easy and if you were upbeat from the start, it was easy to move on to the next phase. However, stand your ground about RTOs and wages.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions. All typical of any retail store.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cash Wrap Associate Interview

Cash Wrap Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2014.

Interview Details Applied in person in March, finally got a phone call in May. Glad to know they kept my résumé on file. Set up interview date & time. Interviews here are group interviews & in total there were 25 people. The people there were asking so many questions & we only had 30 minutes because there was another group being interviewed after us. So the hiring manager only had time to ask us 2 questions. We went around introducing ourselves and make sure you answer the questions because after at least 6 people answered she would move on to the next question. I answered the first question & I was about to answer the 2nd but she said to give others a chance. In the end she said we would hear back Thursday or Friday, but I got a call Saturday saying i was hired. Just be really friendly & be yourself.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, minimum wage.

Toronto, ON

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2014.

Interview Details i applied in person and i got called in for a group interview (6 people) the next day!!! the group interview was easy no questions about the history or background of the company but more senarios oriented and questions about my previous experience from school and work!! there were only 4 questions

Interview Question – how do you feel when you go into a store and you can't find your size in a certain item   Answer Question

Toronto, ON

I applied through another source and the process took a day - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in November 2013.

Interview Details group interview. be the first or second to answer because after 6 peolpe the last answer in either not memorable or some type of copy of another answer.

Interview Question – why pink?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in December 2013.

Interview Details It was around the holidays when the store initially opened and they were also looking for new employees. I just went in and asked anyone if they were still hiring and then a guy got me an application. He told me that I had an interview on the Friday in the same week and told me to fill out the application. So fast forward to Friday, I came in at 2PM and there were probably about 10 other girls standing there with me. We ended up waiting way later than expected and there were people coming in at 2:30PM because they didn't keep the interview starting time consistent for everyone. Needless to say there were probably about 20 other girls sitting in a tiny little room. Anyway, so the interview was an extremely lengthy one because there were so many people being interviewed at once and it was pretty unorganized. I found a lot of questions to be unexpected and for the most part they demanded that you had some retail or previous experience because otherwise you were unlikely to answer the questions.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time when you really listened to someone" "Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond in customer service"   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details Applied through a job fair where we were interviewed on the spot (which we were not made aware of ahead of time). We were asked if we needed time off during the previous 2 months leading up to the store opening and anyone who said yes got a mark on their resume disqualifying them from further consideration yet they still made us go through a group interview. Whoever was chosen was asked to stay and everyone else was sent out the room.

Interview Question – Most typical question: what words would you use to describe Victoria's Secret?   View Answer

Cash Wrap Lead Interview

Cash Wrap Lead
Toronto, ON

I applied in-person and interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details The hiring process takes about 3-4 weeks, the reason being for this is to eliminate members of lower class of society because they do not have the luxury to wait 3-4 weeks to be hired. This is because the money they would be making goes to their basic necessities such as food and rent. Therefore in order to hire people of higher class who only use the money for luxury items and don't necessarily need the job, it takes a while for the interview and hiring process. The reason they want people of a higher class is to represent their company, people do not buy items they buy emotions they buy a lifestyle and they want their employees to embody this lifestyle with their mannerisms and values that are depicted in the way they act they cannot be taught at an older age but things like these are rather learnt from birth.

Interview Question – - Why do you want to work at Victoria's Secret?
- What was your most difficult encounter with a customer and how did you resolve this?
- Try selling so and so items to me? (Items are displayed on the desk)
- Who would you hire (pick 2 members from the group which you are conducting the interview with)
- What does Victoria's Secret mean to you?
- How do you feel and what do you notice when you first walk into the store?
  Answer Question

Cash Wrap Interview

Cash Wrap
Oshawa, ON

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in August 2012.

Interview Details Very informal but informative hiring process initially. It is done per group instead of individually on the day you fill out your application, so they can "get a feel" of the people applying. If they chose you for an individual interview, they will call or text you to set up the appointment.

Interview Question – Why did you chose to work at Victoria's Secret?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details Group interview after being called. Asked to sell items, strenghts, abilities, weaknesses, future outlook, what you can contribute. Looking for people with strong abilities in sale and must indicate you are a people person very outgoing.

Interview Question – Weaknesses, failures.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO negotiation in person. They tell you your salary and you can contest it right then and try for something higher. They pay extremely low though, Do not expect to have a raise in salary (around 20 cents raise ..not a promising career for people who are looking to excel )

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier
Edmonton, AB

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in November 2013.

Interview Details process took 4 days. I got a call for interview on tuesday and it was with a bunch of other girls. only 3 questions were asked and that was it, then I got a call a day after to come to my second interview and so I went and thought it was an individual interview but nope, another group with only 3 girls including me and I was the only one who was there for my 2nd one. This time she asked a whole bunch of questions but it was pretty chilled. Then I got a call on friday asking if I can come in training on that day and I agreed. Pay depends on your experience.

Interview Question – No hard questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – just be yourself and be cheerful.

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!