Victoria's Secret Stores

470 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in December 2013.

Interview Details It was around the holidays when the store initially opened and they were also looking for new employees. I just went in and asked anyone if they were still hiring and then a guy got me an application. He told me that I had an interview on the Friday in the same week and told me to fill out the application. So fast forward to Friday, I came in at 2PM and there were probably about 10 other girls standing there with me. We ended up waiting way later than expected and there were people coming in at 2:30PM because they didn't keep the interview starting time consistent for everyone. Needless to say there were probably about 20 other girls sitting in a tiny little room. Anyway, so the interview was an extremely lengthy one because there were so many people being interviewed at once and it was pretty unorganized. I found a lot of questions to be unexpected and for the most part they demanded that you had some retail or previous experience because otherwise you were unlikely to answer the questions.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time when you really listened to someone" "Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond in customer service"   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details Applied through a job fair where we were interviewed on the spot (which we were not made aware of ahead of time). We were asked if we needed time off during the previous 2 months leading up to the store opening and anyone who said yes got a mark on their resume disqualifying them from further consideration yet they still made us go through a group interview. Whoever was chosen was asked to stay and everyone else was sent out the room.

Interview Question – Most typical question: what words would you use to describe Victoria's Secret?   View Answer

Cash Wrap Lead Interview

Cash Wrap Lead
Toronto, ON

I applied in-person and interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details The hiring process takes about 3-4 weeks, the reason being for this is to eliminate members of lower class of society because they do not have the luxury to wait 3-4 weeks to be hired. This is because the money they would be making goes to their basic necessities such as food and rent. Therefore in order to hire people of higher class who only use the money for luxury items and don't necessarily need the job, it takes a while for the interview and hiring process. The reason they want people of a higher class is to represent their company, people do not buy items they buy emotions they buy a lifestyle and they want their employees to embody this lifestyle with their mannerisms and values that are depicted in the way they act they cannot be taught at an older age but things like these are rather learnt from birth.

Interview Question – - Why do you want to work at Victoria's Secret?
- What was your most difficult encounter with a customer and how did you resolve this?
- Try selling so and so items to me? (Items are displayed on the desk)
- Who would you hire (pick 2 members from the group which you are conducting the interview with)
- What does Victoria's Secret mean to you?
- How do you feel and what do you notice when you first walk into the store?
  Answer Question

Cash Wrap Interview

Cash Wrap
Oshawa, ON

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in August 2012.

Interview Details Very informal but informative hiring process initially. It is done per group instead of individually on the day you fill out your application, so they can "get a feel" of the people applying. If they chose you for an individual interview, they will call or text you to set up the appointment.

Interview Question – Why did you chose to work at Victoria's Secret?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details Group interview after being called. Asked to sell items, strenghts, abilities, weaknesses, future outlook, what you can contribute. Looking for people with strong abilities in sale and must indicate you are a people person very outgoing.

Interview Question – Weaknesses, failures.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO negotiation in person. They tell you your salary and you can contest it right then and try for something higher. They pay extremely low though, Do not expect to have a raise in salary (around 20 cents raise ..not a promising career for people who are looking to excel )

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier
Edmonton, AB

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in November 2013.

Interview Details process took 4 days. I got a call for interview on tuesday and it was with a bunch of other girls. only 3 questions were asked and that was it, then I got a call a day after to come to my second interview and so I went and thought it was an individual interview but nope, another group with only 3 girls including me and I was the only one who was there for my 2nd one. This time she asked a whole bunch of questions but it was pretty chilled. Then I got a call on friday asking if I can come in training on that day and I agreed. Pay depends on your experience.

Interview Question – No hard questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – just be yourself and be cheerful.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Visual Merchandiser

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details I saw the position advertised online and went directly to the store with my resume. After talking to a manager and filling out my application, I had an interview on the spot. It took about 30 minutes and involved the manager and I walking around the store where I discussed the windows and product displays.
I was called in for a second interview the next day with another manager. This manager followed the Interview Guide and asked pretty standard questions: tell me about yourself, why do I want to work at Victoria's Secret, etc.

Interview Question – I don't remember the exact questions, but since the job is about merchandising, I was asked what makes a product display attractive to customers. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, and the hourly wage is below what the estimated salary ranges for other Visual Merchandiser positions in Toronto are.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details My process was quick. I applied online, received an email asking for me to come to an interview, did the interview, references were called the next day, got the job offer few days later. The process took 6 days.

Interview Question – Role Playing Questions were really challenging, especially since I had no prior experience with retail. They ask questions that center around a position, so if they're asking you to about selling, they're seeing if you're a good fit as a sales associate.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had no prior experience with retail, and they were offering to pay me above minimum wage. I felt like I was in no position to negotiate.

Cashier Interview

Toronto, ON

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in July 2011.

Interview Details I applied during a job fair and got the position on the spot. The job fair consisted of a group of applicants (4-5 people) with 2 managers. They asked the usual/typical interview questions, and asked us to act out how we would greet and sell a bra to a customer. Interview took one hour.

Interview Question – Role playing with managers to sell them a bra.   Answer Question

Vancouver, BC

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details I went to a hiring fair for the new flagship store in Vancouver. It was a three day long process I believe, and I went on the first day. Waited in the waiting room for about an hour with a bunch of other girls. Some were dressed in business formal, some in business casual and some in just plain casual. I wore a black v neck sweater with black pants, just like their uniform at VS.

Interview itself was somewhat laid back as it was a group interview of eight girls. We just all took turns answering the questions. Questions were very very generic (ex. what does customer service mean to you, tell me about yourself, how would you try to generate more sales, why did you choose VS, etc). There were total of 5~8 questions, I can't remember exactly but the interview was about 30min long. Some of the applicants lacked group interview skills, for example they would answer "yeah what she said" without elaborating and adding new ideas, or repeating someone else's answer. The goal here is to STAND OUT among those other applicants.

Initially we were told we would hear back within a week, but after a few days I received an email saying the results will be delayed. After two and a half weeks after my interview I just assumed I didn't get it (plus i had no number to call back to), then on the third week I got a phone call saying I got the job! I was offered $11/hr (minimum wage here is $10.25) which isn't that bad considering this is my FIRST job outside my extra curricular experiences at my university. Every single girl in my interview group has sales experience except me.

They hired about 200+ in total, yet it was very competitive apparently as it's the 2nd largest store in North America, so I'm definitely excited to work here!

Interview Question – What are three unique characteristics you possess that you could bring to the team?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Victoria's Secret Stores

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Victoria's Secret Stores interview questions and advice. All 470 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Victoria's Secret Stores employees and interview candidates.