Victoria's Secret Stores

Updated 22 Feb, 2015
Updated 22 Feb, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

It is meant to be a 3 step process. Your initial (1st) interview is generally a group interview. You sit with a member of management and anywhere from 4-8 other applicants on average.. Tho I have seen 20 person interviews, but this is rare and usually during a hiring crisis or seasonal hiring.
    They usually start the interview with an ice breaker question. Tell us about your self, another topic, and a third topic. Make sure you answer all the questions in this ice breaker... its the first opportunity for them to see if you are listening. Then they go on to ask about 4 open ended questions that all have to do with the companies values. Usually something about customer service, team work, conflict resolution, and meeting sales goals.

From there, the yes applicants are then called back anywhere from the next day to a couple weeks afterwards (depending on how busy the managers are) and you are invited back for a 1-on-1 interview with the category manager of the category they best see you fitting with. You may apply for a certain job posting, or requesting a specific position, but they only just take that into consideration, and they'll place you where they think is best, or where they desperately need associates During your second interview, they'll ask you a bunch more questions relating to the company values. These questions tend to be two parters, make sure to answer both parts!!
    Then, after the second interview, the company generally starts contacting your references. 2x Professional [ex-manager,boss,supervisor,etc], and 1x Personal [family friend, teacher, coach, councilor, colleague, etc]. This tends to be the slowest part of the process, so if you want things to move quickly, bring in your three as Letters Of Reference [they are also time saving for your references if you are applying at a couple places, and nice for you to just always have on file!]

The final step of your interview process is a third interview with the General Manager. This may or may not be another group interview. You will be called sometime in the next few days if you got a job, and they will job offer you on the phone, and then schedule you in for training.

Really, if you want the job, just be excited about the brand, excited about the company, pay attention to the questions, and speak up.

Training is a 3 day process for core associates.

Hope this helps.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you were presented with a difficult situation in the work place, and how you dealt with it.   View Answer
    I definitely recommend negotiating wages, there is a bit of wiggle room, and if you don't do it at the beginning during the job offer, then you will not get another opportunity to discuss your wages.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

there was a group interview. there were lots of behavioural questions like what customer service means to you ? what do you do if there is a long line of customers....

Brand Delivery and Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Surrey, BC
    Anonymous Employee in Surrey, BC

I applied online – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in November 2014.

Was sent an email days after submitting my resume for a phone interview, had the interview and was told she would review the notes with the DM and if they decided I would worth interviewing I would go to an interview with him and then the country manager would interview with me. She was nice enough but the interview wasn't what I was expecting. They are very picky and bc I didn't have high volume experience I wouldn't be going past a phone interview.

Sales Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Applied in store and was asked to come in for a group interview later that week. The interview had roughly 20 people and was extremely unorganized and very long. After the interview, I was called that same night and asked to come back the following week for another interview. Thinking this would be a one-to-one interview, I was shocked to once again be apart of another huge group interview. Again, it was a very long, unprofessional, nulling process, in which they asked the same standardized behavioural questions to every single person in the group.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Victoria's Secret? What is great customer service?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2014.

Got called for a group interview shortly after applying. Group interview was super easy (even as someone who hasn't worked in retail before). They asked a total of three questions and you didn't have to answer them all if you didn't want too (although I would suggest doing so!). After that interview, I got called for a one on one interview. The interviewer was so nice and we got along great. Unfortunately I was looking for a short term position that they didn't have available so they weren't able to hire me. But she told me she really liked me and if I was around for longer I would have got it for sure. She was very outgoing and made me feel comfortable talking to her.

High Velocity Associate Interview

Applied in store in dt toronto with a quick screening process with a manager on duty. She asked why I was applying, why VS etc. What makes a good sale associate. Offered a interview on the spot for the following week. It was a group interview with 12-14 other girls, it was a little crammed in the back office with 2 managers. We went around answering questions. it took about an hour in total.

Interview Questions
    • Last question, if you had to pick 2 people in this room to get the job, whom would it be and why?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I walked in with my resume and filled out an application form in the store. And i was set up a group interview with the other three girls, which was easy with no unexpected questions. I was informed immediately that i would get a call and set up a time for second interview. The second round went around 20 minutes with category manager. It took 2 weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in August 2014.

Applied online, received a call about a week after for an interview the following week. Interviewed in a group and by 2 managers. It was overall a pretty relaxed, and great experience. No unexpected questions that were difficult in nature. Just make sure to be outgoing, and have genuine interest in working for the company.

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time you got bra fitted? How would you change that experience?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Group interview was initial contact at their job fair. Interview process was fairly easy and if you were upbeat from the start, it was easy to move on to the next phase. However, stand your ground about RTOs and wages.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. All typical of any retail store.   Answer Question

Cash Wrap Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2014.

Applied in person in March, finally got a phone call in May. Glad to know they kept my résumé on file. Set up interview date & time. Interviews here are group interviews & in total there were 25 people. The people there were asking so many questions & we only had 30 minutes because there was another group being interviewed after us. So the hiring manager only had time to ask us 2 questions. We went around introducing ourselves and make sure you answer the questions because after at least 6 people answered she would move on to the next question. I answered the first question & I was about to answer the 2nd but she said to give others a chance. In the end she said we would hear back Thursday or Friday, but I got a call Saturday saying i was hired. Just be really friendly & be yourself.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, minimum wage.