Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Verizon Wireless
- Retail Sales Representative (229)
- Customer Service Representative (191)
- Sales Representative (55)
- Solutions Specialist (26)
- Business Account Executive (18)
- Sales Associate (15)
- Customer Care Representative (13)
- Customer Service Specialist (12)
- Retail Sales Consultant (12)
- Technical Support Coordinator (11)
- Technical Support Representative (10)
- Verizon Wireless Retail Sales Representative (10)
- Customer Service Supervisor (9)
- Account Executive (9)
- Intern (9)
- Assistant Retail Store Manager (8)
- Customer Specialist (8)
- Customer Service (8)
- Experience Specialist (8)
- Senior Sales Representative (6)
- Sales (6)
- Assistant Store Manager (6)
- Store Manager (6)
- Retail Store Manager (6)
- Senior Customer Service Representative (5)
- Major Account Manager (5)
- TELESALES Representative (5)
- Financial Services Representative (5)
- Manager (5)
- Customer Service Representative, Call Center (5)
Helpful (97)Accepted OfferAverage InterviewAccepted OfferAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Charlotte, NC (US)) in July 2014.
I applied for VZW on June 1or 2 2014 online, I got an email on June 24th thanking me for applying for VZW with attached job summary, work environment info, the company's credo and a short video and appointment dates to schedule your phone interview. Make sure to read all the information given especially the company's credo and watch the video because you will be asked about them. I scheduled my phone interview for June 30th, I was called on June 30th and the interview was just a pre-screen. He asked about my resume.He asked what did I like about the company's credo, how do I feel about the video and what did I like about it. He went over the job description and asked why do I want to work for Verizon. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. After the interview, I was told I will be moving on to the next step in the interview process which was the assessment. I scheduled it for July 2, which was at 10:00am at the job location. The assessment is seven part. Keep in mind, each section of the assessment is timed. It took me about an hour and a half to finish it. If you have basic common sense and basic reading comprehension this assessment will be easy breezey. After I was done with the assessment I was taken out in the hall and was told I passed. They didnt have anymore time slots available for me to do the second phone interview (which was going to be face face) so I was told I will get a call to schedule my second interview. I got a call on July 8th to schedule my second phone interview which I scheduled it for July 9th at 4pm. Now the my second phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. She asked me 4 questions which had to be answered in the STAR format. The questions I dont remember but I know it was none of the questions I had prepared for lol. After that interview I was told that I will move on to my last interview which was face to face and again, someone will call me to schedule the interview. I got a call on July 11 for my face to face interview on July 15th. My last interview was a panel interview with two supervisors. They went over my resume again, asked me how many years customer service do I have.. why do I want to work for VZW, a few STAR questions maybe about 3 then listen to 4 phone calls and was asked 2 questions about how well the rep handled the call or what the rep could have done differently. The two supervisors I interviewed with were very nice, down to earth and funny (I guess I lucked up) After the interview I was told I would hear something within 7-10 day on whether or not I got the job. On July 16th I got a call from the hr rep who did my initial pre-screening interview. He went over my resume again to make sure my dates where correct. If your start dates at a previous employer are off by 2 or 3 months, its okay but my dates were accurate. He also asked about traffic violation within the past three years. If you have any with the three years, just give them the month and year. Do panic if you do, its not a driving position so it wont affect your ability in getting the job. I think they want to know if you will be honest. After that he went over the job description and salary. He then told me he want to offer me the position contingent on a background check and drug test. He went over my start date and asked which schedule did I want for training. About 10 minutes after the call I recieve an email to read and complete different forms and to contact A-check (the company that conducts the bg check) within 30 minutes of recieving the email. I didnt have to call A-check because they called me to schedule me for my drug test at Quest Diagnostics.( Note: if you will be out of your state for whatever reason when they contact you to take the drug test, you can have them to schedule it at any location nearest you.) You will have 48 hr to complete the drug test. I competed everything that same day. A-check will also send you an email to set up an A-check account and consent to the background check. I received a call on yesterday July 24 letting me know that my bg and drug test was received and im clear to start work on July 31. The process was extremely long and so is this review lol. I just wanted to give great detail on how my process went in hopes that it answer any questions you may have. Fyi..I was extremely nervous when going through my interviews and if you are someone that know you'll be nervous; my advice to you will be, to try not to show your nervousness, speak with complete confidence and know the STAR FORMAT. If you do these things trust me, you'll do just fine. I know this review is long but I hope it helps. Good Luck!!!
- Tell me about a time when someone you've worked with at a past job didnt follow company policies or procedures? What was your response or what did you do? 1 Answer
I didnt negotiate, salary is set.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 5+ months – interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Dublin, OH (US)).
I was called first and screened for an interview that way. After I passed the screening I went in person to the interview. I first met with a person in HR and took a customer service test and then I met with a person from HR. After I passed that part of the interview, I met with a Manager in Customer Care.
- I remember being asked behavior based questions such as "describe a time when..." and "how do you deal with..." Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Dallas, TX (US)).
Lengthy, multiple interviews, tough thought provoking questions that cannot be answered generically. Deep dive into specific past results, philosophy, problem solving skills, hypothetical scenarios, etc. Interviews with HR, Director Level mgmt, Peer level mgmt.
Extensive background check, federal, state, previous employers. Results, positions, employment dates all verified.
- What percentage of target revenue will you consistently deliver, starting when and specifically how? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.
Applied and got a call from a recruiter after a week or so. Set up a first interview about a week later over the phone. After the phone interview it took about three weeks before I heard anything from anyone. I assumed I hadn't gotten the position and continued looking elsewhere when I got another call scheduling an in person interview for about a week later. All in all it was a pretty long process. Interviews consist of a lot of scenario based questions as well as questions about how you work as a teammate and what you know about technology and the company as far as their values go. Don't plan on a quick process.
- Tell me about a time you helped a customer solve a difficult problem. Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2015.
I received an email with a couple attachments. During the interview I was asked about the Verizon Credo, and about the product of the month. The initial phone screening led to a call later in the day for an interview with the local store manager next week. The interview went well and hopefully I will receive an offer during the final interview next week.
- I was asked to role play the sale of a product, to both a tech savvy consumer, and a consumer who really didn't understand technology. 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 days – interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Murfreesboro, TN (US)) in April 2015.
Phone interview lasted 30 mins. She went over my resume. Gave me job description. Asked why I wanted job. Asked opinion of credo and job description video, link was sent upon interview scheduling. Asked 3 behavioral questions, have to use star format. Told I passed to next interview level, assessment.
- Describe a time when u had to work under deadline? Describe a time when u had to multitask? Describe a time when you had to apply something you learned to work environment? Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.
Applied online, received email from recruiter asking to set up a time for a phone interview.
Had a negative experience with the particular recruiter. She didn't get my email about my preferred times, and I had to call her.
The interview was about 25 minutes long, and at the end she told me that I would be moving on to the next stage, but for a position which I had not applied for (I applied for Network/IT and they placed me in CS/Development when I had no experience in it). She realized this about a week after the interview and asked for my resume so she could forward it to the Network/IT hiring manager. I have not heard back from them despite repeatedly following up for the past few months.
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Charleston, SC (US)).
It was a long process. I had two interviews. I thought it went good but I guess not because I didn't get it. I reapply but haven't heard anything yet. From what I heard it's stressful to work there.
- Time you had to deal with a rude customer Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.
I have only had one phone interview with them so far and I am still waiting to hear back. I just emailed the woman who interviewed my and she said that no decisions have been made so far. The process has been slow but there was good chemistry and the questions weren't too difficult to answer.
- Tell me about a time that you had to juggle multiple projects and how it turned out. Answer Question
Helpful (19)Accepted OfferAverage InterviewAccepted OfferAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Ontario, CA (US)) in January 2015.
So I had gotten tired of working at ATT so I decided to apply for Verizon because I heard they had better job advancement opps, better pay, and just an overall better company to work for.
1) I applied on 12/22/2014 filled out online app & took assessment.Received an email the next morning asking for the best time to schedule a phone interview. Confirmed interview for that same day at 2 pm. They emailed me their Credo & the accessory of the month. REVIEW THESE MATERIALS BECAUSE THEY WILL ASK YOU QUESTIONS ABOUT IT. So study study study.
2) 12/23/14 conducted phone interview. She called on time, went over resume and online application. They are VERY paranoid & emphasize verifying employment history. After that had STAR format questions "tell me a time when" think of 5 situations you can flex to any type of situation. Have enthusiasm & make sure you talk about sales & how you can sale & you should pass. After that she asked about the credo & then we role played the Accesory of the month. Once completed she invited me to an I store interview.
3) 1/9/15 went in for in store interview. Dress professionally! And mirror the upbeat attitude that you had over the phone. Was interviewed by two managers from different stores. (These may of May not be your store managers) and a HR rep who I honestly believe was the DM. Pretty straightforward. They were very nice. Same questions as over the phone. "Tell me a time when" "how would you handle this" "where do you see yourself in a yr" "why Verizon" "how does Verizon's credo relate to you & your sales & business ethic" "how do you handle stress" then they went over employment history again. From there we role played. They already had an Accesory on the table for me to "sale" to one of the managers. Just ask discovery questions, and try to get them to buy the product & you'll be fine. From there they asked If I had any questions. ASK QUESTIONS!! They want to know your really interested, and take this time to sale yourself. Lasted about 30 min. Was told they were making their decisions that night & I should hear something the next day
The next day I couldn't wait, so I sent a friendly email to the HR rep to check on the status. Around noon. Received an email back around 5 asking to confirm all my previous employments & have EXACT dates as it could disqualify me. Gave me a date to email everything over then asked a day to call to do a "final review" of my app
4) 1/12/15 received phone call went over employment a last time & it turns out that call was actually an employment offer!!!
Overall pretty quick process. Very stressful & nervewrecking so be on your toes at all times. Background check is VERY THOROUGH so double check everything.
Currently waiting my background check & start date but if all goes well I should start 1/29. So for me, process took 4 weeks.
Hope this helps & good luck!!
- How do you handle stress?
Tell me a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?
Tell me a time you had to meet a Deadline & had difficulty Answer Question
No negotiating. I tried but they stated hourly was set. However, commission is where the real flexibility comes in because you can make between 65,000 + a year
- How do you handle stress?
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review