Verizon Wireless

Average Difficulty
848 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied for VZW on June 1or 2 2014 online, I got an email on June 24th thanking me for applying for VZW with attached job summary, work environment info, the company's credo and a short video and appointment dates to schedule your phone interview. Make sure to read all the information given especially the company's credo and watch the video because you will be asked about them. I scheduled my phone interview for June 30th, I was called on June 30th and the interview was just a pre-screen. He asked about my resume.He asked what did I like about the company's credo, how do I feel about the video and what did I like about it. He went over the job description and asked why do I want to work for Verizon. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. After the interview, I was told I will be moving on to the next step in the interview process which was the assessment. I scheduled it for July 2, which was at 10:00am at the job location. The assessment is seven part. Keep in mind, each section of the assessment is timed. It took me about an hour and a half to finish it. If you have basic common sense and basic reading comprehension this assessment will be easy breezey. After I was done with the assessment I was taken out in the hall and was told I passed. They didnt have anymore time slots available for me to do the second phone interview (which was going to be face face) so I was told I will get a call to schedule my second interview. I got a call on July 8th to schedule my second phone interview which I scheduled it for July 9th at 4pm. Now the my second phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. She asked me 4 questions which had to be answered in the STAR format. The questions I dont remember but I know it was none of the questions I had prepared for lol. After that interview I was told that I will move on to my last interview which was face to face and again, someone will call me to schedule the interview. I got a call on July 11 for my face to face interview on July 15th. My last interview was a panel interview with two supervisors. They went over my resume again, asked me how many years customer service do I have.. why do I want to work for VZW, a few STAR questions maybe about 3 then listen to 4 phone calls and was asked 2 questions about how well the rep handled the call or what the rep could have done differently. The two supervisors I interviewed with were very nice, down to earth and funny (I guess I lucked up) After the interview I was told I would hear something within 7-10 day on whether or not I got the job. On July 16th I got a call from the hr rep who did my initial pre-screening interview. He went over my resume again to make sure my dates where correct. If your start dates at a previous employer are off by 2 or 3 months, its okay but my dates were accurate. He also asked about traffic violation within the past three years. If you have any with the three years, just give them the month and year. Do panic if you do, its not a driving position so it wont affect your ability in getting the job. I think they want to know if you will be honest. After that he went over the job description and salary. He then told me he want to offer me the position contingent on a background check and drug test. He went over my start date and asked which schedule did I want for training. About 10 minutes after the call I recieve an email to read and complete different forms and to contact A-check (the company that conducts the bg check) within 30 minutes of recieving the email. I didnt have to call A-check because they called me to schedule me for my drug test at Quest Diagnostics.( Note: if you will be out of your state for whatever reason when they contact you to take the drug test, you can have them to schedule it at any location nearest you.) You will have 48 hr to complete the drug test. I competed everything that same day. A-check will also send you an email to set up an A-check account and consent to the background check. I received a call on yesterday July 24 letting me know that my bg and drug test was received and im clear to start work on July 31. The process was extremely long and so is this review lol. I just wanted to give great detail on how my process went in hopes that it answer any questions you may have. Fyi..I was extremely nervous when going through my interviews and if you are someone that know you'll be nervous; my advice to you will be, to try not to show your nervousness, speak with complete confidence and know the STAR FORMAT. If you do these things trust me, you'll do just fine. I know this review is long but I hope it helps. Good Luck!!!

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when someone you've worked with at a past job didnt follow company policies or procedures? What was your response or what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didnt negotiate, salary is set.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Customer Service Supervisor

Interviewed at Verizon Wireless

Interview Details This organization is huge on the STAR format of interviews. They conduct the interviews as a panel forum. You need to follow the STAR format to a T otherwise you are marked down for not answering in the right format. This sort of process is fine if they are looking for someone to be mindless.

Interview Question – Tell about a time your failed. What happened and what was the end result.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Tech Apprentice Interview

Tech Apprentice

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details It was an internal interview but they want you to have multiple examples of when you helped out a customer and gave them an over the top experience. Also they want you to be able to describe your background in IT and also they want you to pass their IT test.

Interview Question – Honestly I can't remember any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was hey this'll be you rate of pay from now on..

Customer Service Representative

I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2010.

Interview Details There is a phone interview with an HR Recruiter and if you pass that you are asked in for a formal interview with a supervisor in the department you are interviewing for. They use STAR format so be prepared with REAL LIFE examples. They are almost all behavioral type questions.

Interview Question – The most difficult questions are usually the conflict ones for people. Do not say you never have conflict as we all do at some point and that makes it sound like you are either hiding something or that possibly you do not/can not handle your own conflicts with others and therefore others are having to solve for you or you allow problems to go on without doing anything about them. Also, make sure you know their mission statement and Core Values. You can Google them, but typically they also send to you in email prior to your first phone interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate, but I did not as I didn't know that until after I started working there. I started working there when I was 19 and was not familiar or experienced with negotiating salaries at that time. However, I later became and manager and did hiring so the 2 tips I will give is never ask about it in the phone interview and second be reasonable based off the job and not so much your work history. There are millions of applicants for these positions at all times and VZW has an amazing compensation plan when you add everything up with the benefits you get so keep that in mind.

Solutions Specialist Interview

Solutions Specialist
Appleton, WI (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in September 2012.

Interview Details Have a few interviews, train in central location, a lot of it is learned on the job. Don't expect to be an easy process they are very selective. Make sure to dress in nice business casual

Interview Question – Nothing really in particular, just be prepared for situational and behavioral based questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Starting non-negotiable

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Retail Sales Representative
Coeur d'Alene, ID (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2012.

Interview Details I had a phone interview scheduled. I am NEVER one to cancel, but I was absolutely unable to make the phone interview. I emailed my interviewee contact to let her know that I needed to reschedule 4 hours in advance. My contact would not respond to me after trying to reconnect 5 different occasions.

BAE Interview

BAE

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details It was made up of 2 interviews. 2 management levels. Expect to be energetic. You need to Hard close on next steps. Having 30/60/90 and brag book will help. Network with existing reps for referrals.

Interview Question – Sell me this pen?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No, DOE

Rancho Cordova, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2014.

Interview Details The interview process took about 3 weeks from start to finish. Got a email July 10/14 from a recruiter who said I had made it to the second stage of the hiring process. Had a phone interview about a week later.
Passed the phone interview and she set up an appointment for me to do a skills exam. The exam is about 2 hrs long and has things like data entry, listing to phone calls and rating the customer service as well as reading comprehension.
Afterwards she told me I had passed. Made an appointment for a face to face. The interview was not very long they asked me about 4 questions and they wanted them answered in STAR format. Afterwards they gave me a tour of the facility and offered me the job. Best advice I can give is do not lie on your application about anything. If you have anything on your criminal record or have something on your background that you think will prevent you from getting hired just be up front with them.

Interview Question – Name a time when customer was not pleased with your companies customer service. what was the situation and what did you do to resolve?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation accept or decline

Solutions Specialist Interview

Solutions Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2014.

Interview Details It was a fairly easy interview process they do a very deep and in dept background check. The worse part is that there is very little communication between the store and the HR Department.

Interview Question – there was no difficult questions   Answer Question

Houston, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2014.

Interview Details 2 phone interviews and 2 in-person. First was very basic phone call (less than 10 minutes) where I was asked to give an example of how I would sell a Bluetooth speaker. Second phone was more questions about my experience and how to handle hypothetical customer/employee interactions.

1st in person was two managers reading questions from a script (5 year plan? Biggest area of opportunity for you? Biggest strength,...). 2nd interview was with district manager, who asked about how I would be a team player, 5 year plan, and how I would be pro-Verizon for all my life et al.

All in all, a very simple and expected corporate model for interviews. Nothing surprising and nothing bad.

Interview Question – Nothing to report. Read any "interview guide" ever made and you will get a very clear sense of what will happen here. One tip: Look up the company motto and be thoroughly versed in the wording to make yourself stand out. Buzz words work in this line of work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. This is a major company with a one-size-fits-all entry pay for every level of employment and experience set. I happened to be on the top end of the experience so I got offered as much as they could.

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!