Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless Interview Questions

Updated 12 Dec, 2014
Updated 12 Dec, 2014

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2014.

I applied for VZW on June 1or 2 2014 online, I got an email on June 24th thanking me for applying for VZW with attached job summary, work environment info, the company's credo and a short video and appointment dates to schedule your phone interview. Make sure to read all the information given especially the company's credo and watch the video because you will be asked about them. I scheduled my phone interview for June 30th, I was called on June 30th and the interview was just a pre-screen. He asked about my resume.He asked what did I like about the company's credo, how do I feel about the video and what did I like about it. He went over the job description and asked why do I want to work for Verizon. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. After the interview, I was told I will be moving on to the next step in the interview process which was the assessment. I scheduled it for July 2, which was at 10:00am at the job location. The assessment is seven part. Keep in mind, each section of the assessment is timed. It took me about an hour and a half to finish it. If you have basic common sense and basic reading comprehension this assessment will be easy breezey. After I was done with the assessment I was taken out in the hall and was told I passed. They didnt have anymore time slots available for me to do the second phone interview (which was going to be face face) so I was told I will get a call to schedule my second interview. I got a call on July 8th to schedule my second phone interview which I scheduled it for July 9th at 4pm. Now the my second phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. She asked me 4 questions which had to be answered in the STAR format. The questions I dont remember but I know it was none of the questions I had prepared for lol. After that interview I was told that I will move on to my last interview which was face to face and again, someone will call me to schedule the interview. I got a call on July 11 for my face to face interview on July 15th. My last interview was a panel interview with two supervisors. They went over my resume again, asked me how many years customer service do I have.. why do I want to work for VZW, a few STAR questions maybe about 3 then listen to 4 phone calls and was asked 2 questions about how well the rep handled the call or what the rep could have done differently. The two supervisors I interviewed with were very nice, down to earth and funny (I guess I lucked up) After the interview I was told I would hear something within 7-10 day on whether or not I got the job. On July 16th I got a call from the hr rep who did my initial pre-screening interview. He went over my resume again to make sure my dates where correct. If your start dates at a previous employer are off by 2 or 3 months, its okay but my dates were accurate. He also asked about traffic violation within the past three years. If you have any with the three years, just give them the month and year. Do panic if you do, its not a driving position so it wont affect your ability in getting the job. I think they want to know if you will be honest. After that he went over the job description and salary. He then told me he want to offer me the position contingent on a background check and drug test. He went over my start date and asked which schedule did I want for training. About 10 minutes after the call I recieve an email to read and complete different forms and to contact A-check (the company that conducts the bg check) within 30 minutes of recieving the email. I didnt have to call A-check because they called me to schedule me for my drug test at Quest Diagnostics.( Note: if you will be out of your state for whatever reason when they contact you to take the drug test, you can have them to schedule it at any location nearest you.) You will have 48 hr to complete the drug test. I competed everything that same day. A-check will also send you an email to set up an A-check account and consent to the background check. I received a call on yesterday July 24 letting me know that my bg and drug test was received and im clear to start work on July 31. The process was extremely long and so is this review lol. I just wanted to give great detail on how my process went in hopes that it answer any questions you may have. Fyi..I was extremely nervous when going through my interviews and if you are someone that know you'll be nervous; my advice to you will be, to try not to show your nervousness, speak with complete confidence and know the STAR FORMAT. If you do these things trust me, you'll do just fine. I know this review is long but I hope it helps. Good Luck!!!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when someone you've worked with at a past job didnt follow company policies or procedures? What was your response or what did you do?   Answer Question
    I didnt negotiate, salary is set.

Experience Specialist Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Initial Phone interview make sure you have the credo with you and be ready to roll play. They will have you do it twice. Also be ready for a few tell me a time questions. Next interview face to face not bad if you know someone that works there. But it was easy just talked and a few more "Tell me a time" questions. If they like you they will call you an offer you the position. Salary is set they will not budge. The background check is forever long. Make sure you tell the truth about everything. The dates of employment, driving record, diplomas. I had to get my high school transcripts to prove I graduated. It is at least a month or more process from start to finish.

Solutions Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Applied online on a Sunday because walk in interviews were that Monday. Missed the walk in interviews, still got a call tuesday. Missed the call Tuesday called em back Wednesday. Scheduled the phone interview for Friday of the same week. Killed the phone interview, escalated to face-to-face interview on the following Wednesday. Wore a suit, brought resume, studied the credo, provided references. Killed the face to face interview. Waited two days got a call from the recruiter offered me the job. Verified the details on the resume. Got an email with the pre hire info. Completed it same day. Scheduled drug test for the next day which was Thursday. Completed the drug test. Now, waiting in the background check is the most stressful. It took mine 3 weeks to come back. DONT QUIT YOUR JOB UNTIL YOU GET THAT CONFIRMARION EMAIL...I got the confirmation 4 days before my training day started. Getting in is definitely the hardest part

I got an increase of 2500 a yr. Because of my sales background

Mobile Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

2 step interview process. First call last about 1hr and consists of the basics and some sales role play. They schedule you right then for the second if you make it. Rigorous checks into former employees. Roughly 30 min of interview spent going over details of former employers. The second is similar to the first only lasting about 20-30 min.

Interview Questions
    • Sales and product questions from overview sent in initial email.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Met at Campus Career Fair, was contacted for in depth interview. Interview was conducted by 2 campus recruiters. Asked mostly behavioral questions dealing with previous work experience and leadership activities. Also asked about out of the classroom involvement and organizations.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time you had to resolve a conflict with you peers and failed ?   Answer Question

IT/Engineering Entry Level Oppurtunities Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2014.

The initial interview is a general screening process where they ask several behavioral questions, the second interview is a "super day" that take about 5 hours with 2 interview one technical and the other with HR. The other activities consists of a presentation and a group exercise.

Interview Questions
    • The technical interview in regards to explaining things in as much detail as possible when remembering on the spot.   Answer Question

Verizon Wireless Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2014.

October 29, 2014: I applied online for the Customer Specialist position ( with sign on bonus)

October 30, 2014: Received an e-mail with job information and 2 video attachments (job preview and credo) In addition to, instructions to e-mail back with available times to set up an over the phone interview.

November 4, 2014: (Still hadn't heard back) Sent an e-mail letting them know I was still interested in the job & my available times.

November 20, 2014: (Still hadn't heard back) Sent another e-mail similar to the last.

November 21, 2014: Received an e-mail from a different address asking me for my availability.

November 22, 2014: Set up an interview for November 24th at 10am

November 24, 2014: Called me to reschedule over-the-phone interview for December 1, 2014 at 1pm.

December 1, 2014: Had my over-the-phone interview. The woman asked me questions like "Why do you want to work for us?" and "Tell me about your skills" etc. Then went on to ask about my resume in detail & asked if all of my information was correct. (This is very important to have the dates almost exact, or at least the months and years) She also asked me if I had any traffic violations or any criminal activity. I sent an e-mail (to the first person who emailed me) with my driving history on it and the exact dates I started and ended working and kindly asked if she could update my application and that was that. She then asked me about each place I worked, my duties, and reasons for leaving on every single one of them. Then asked scenario questions like: "Tell me about a time you faced a challenge in the work place" "Tell me about a time you resolved a problem in the work place" and answer these questions in the STAR format. (Situation, Task, Action, and Result) After that, she may ask a few other questions and then if you have any questions for her. it's always good to ask work-related questions at the end to show interest! And ask what to expect next. She then scheduled an assessment for the following Wednesday. (2 days later) and told me to dress proffesionally.

December 3, 2014: Arrived at the call center 20 minutes early, met with someone from Human Resources who brought me to a room to take my assessment on a computer. She was very nice! The assessment consisted 7 different sections. Some were personality questions, but most of it was testing your multi-tasking, typing, and listening skills. So, there's really no way to prepare for it. Anyways, after I was finished she told me I passed and scheduled an interview for the following Friday.

December 5, 2014: Arrived 15 minutes early for my interview. She started by telling me about the company and explained during training (6 months) I wouldn't be able to take any time off. Also asked if I didn't mind sitting for long periods of time and things like that. She asked a lot of the same questions as the woman over the phone and one STAR question.Then we did a few role playing exercises where I wore a headset and had to work to find a solution to the customer's problem. (Be very enthusiastic) I think it went pretty good, but we will see. I was so scared at first but once I met one on one with my interviewer I felt fine. Just be confident, positive, and have personality!

No Negotiation, set salary

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orangeburg, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orangeburg, NY (US)

I applied online two weeks later I got a call for an interview. Once u prepare u should be fine. Easy interview the guy was super cool. Once u got that call inviting u to the interview after hanging up they will send u an email which tells u about verizon, job description and salary there's also two pages one is Verizon Credo review it, study it they will ask u question and also a page about the product of the month review it they might ask u to role play unfortunately they didn't ask me to role play. still waiting to meet with store manager

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, TN (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Very thorough interview process. Interviewed once by phone, and three additional face to face with various department heads and HR. If not 100% honest is interview, they will find out and not hire you.

Interview Questions
    Aske for $10k more and got $5k.

Finance Interview

Started with a group interview were we had to talk through a survival scenario. Then two separate back to back interviews all behavioral questions. Nothing overly difficult. Be prepared to back everything you say with multiple examples. I was asked to provide multiple examples of my strengths. One of the main themes of the interviews was how much Verizon valued hard work.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time where you were working with a team and how did you get someone who was quite to contribute more?   Answer Question