Verizon Interview Questions

Updated 16 Oct, 2014
Updated 16 Oct, 2014

2.9

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Interview lasted a day and was conducted by three people at three different times. I met the team and talked to them. They asked me general interest questions and I asked them similar questions. It was to check if I fit in the team.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions.
      Technical questions.
      Hands on coding.
        Answer Question

Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

Submitted my resume through their online career website. Was called about 2 days later for a phone interview from a recruiter who doesn't work directly for Verizon. She asked very basic interview questions like tell me about a time you had an issue with a group project or how do you do with groups, etc. About a month later (early-ish January) received an email inviting me to do a in person interview at HQ in Basking Ridge. All day interview where first part is a 1 on 1 with someone from the finance department and another 1 on 1 with someone from HR. The 2nd part of the day is situational interview where you have to work as a team to solve a problem to a scenario. About a month and a half later, received my offer.

Human Resources Interview

The process was very long. I was originally phone screened in November 2013 with a Staffing Company and then had another phone interview in January. After these interviews, I was invited to come to the office for an event that took place for about 3-4 hours. This included a group exercise, an interview, a question & answer panel and lunch.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you were in a situation and things didn't go as planned and how did you make it work?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL (US)

I got a phone interview asking about salary expectations, my strengths and weaknesses, they asked about my background, past internships and if i had experience with six sigma. They asked why I wanted to work for Verizon

Interview Questions
    • tell me a time you where the leader in a project and what did you do to fulfill your goals?   Answer Question

Senior Member Technical Staff Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Verizon.

first call is about coding practices. Process questions. They asked questions about coding history, a lot on background info, education, interests. Some certification questions also. Interview depends on the group being selected for. Mostly software design questions that is standard on the internet sites. Some questions on C language, error handling, web transactions.

IT Interview

college recruitment, they first started by giving me a phone call to screen. then they invited me to their site for a super day of sorts during which i had two interviews and a few presentations. both were fun and fairly easy going everyone was very nice and courteous. OVerall a positive experience.

Manager, Learning and Development Interview

Average interview process - multiple interviewers at one time. Skills and experience based questions. Be as detailed as possible with your answers and share systems and tools knowledge. Include as much data as possible. Remember it's a tech company.

Bilingual Spanish Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Verizon in October 2014.

Very nice interviewer. Everything was going well. Questions are the normal interview questions you would expect. Then she started going over scheduling. She stated new employees always work late nights, weekend and holidays. Which is ok for me to start with. I understand scheduling usually is by seniority. I did tell her I have children and would eventually like a day schedule in a year or so. She went over the fact that I will most definitely stay with that horrible schedule for YEARS. She hasn't seen anyone get a day schedule for the years she has been working there. Really... how discouraging. Definitely not a job for someone who has a family or a life. Ended interview there. Advised her this is not for me.

Retail Sales Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

Used STAR interview asked if could work nights and weekends and holidays. Asked to role play on various products and services. Need valid drivers license. If attending college could not attend 4 week training program. Only wanted full time - not part time. Good insurance started day one - college reimbursement.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon in September 2014.

Applied through a job portal and had a initial HR discussion about the role, company and benefits. A week later a telephone chat was scheduled with a director and it was quick and nothing difficult. A week later onsite interview was scheduled and had face-face with 5 interviewers. Most of the questions were on coding, design and patterns. Programming was easy and questions were mostly Fibonacci, reverse a string, palindrome type. I had nice conversation during the interview and they posed some of the challenges and problems they are facing and i could mention few of the design aspects and patterns which could solve the problem. Overall it was a nice experience in interview.
    Result: Rejected me, It was a bit of SHOCK for me as I did very good in interviews and could not recall what went wrong.