Verizon Interview Questions

Updated 26 Sep, 2014
Updated 26 Sep, 2014

2.9

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Interview lasted a day and was conducted by three people at three different times. I met the team and talked to them. They asked me general interest questions and I asked them similar questions. It was to check if I fit in the team.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions.
      Technical questions.
      Hands on coding.
        Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon in September 2014.

Applied through a job portal and had a initial HR discussion about the role, company and benefits. A week later a telephone chat was scheduled with a director and it was quick and nothing difficult. A week later onsite interview was scheduled and had face-face with 5 interviewers. Most of the questions were on coding, design and patterns. Programming was easy and questions were mostly Fibonacci, reverse a string, palindrome type. I had nice conversation during the interview and they posed some of the challenges and problems they are facing and i could mention few of the design aspects and patterns which could solve the problem. Overall it was a nice experience in interview.
    Result: Rejected me, It was a bit of SHOCK for me as I did very good in interviews and could not recall what went wrong.

Health and Wellness Coordinator Interview

I applied online for the position which was posted on a well known career website. I received a call about 2 weeks later from one of the representatives at the corporate site. Since my supervisor was located in Virginia, I was only interview via phone and was hired 1 week later.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I would perform with limited supervision. After I took the position I realized that it meant I would only have contact with my supervisor and other co-workers via email and phone.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilmington, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon in September 2014.

Someone from human resources contacted me in response to an application. They emailed me about an open house. I couldn't make the open house so they scheduled me for a phone interview on September 2nd. I passed the phone interview so I went in for an assessment on September 4th. The exam was a bit challenging but I passed and was scheduled for a final interview with a supervisor on September 9th. The supervisor was really nice. We discussed my resume and background information. Then she asked me questions about past work situations and we did role play. She typed all of my responses. I recommend you do research on the products and services that the company offers. Overall the interview went well and they said they'll call me within seven days

Interview Questions
    • name a time you had a big responsibility to do at work in a short amount of time   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Verizon.

Contacted directly by an internal recruiter from my resume which was posted online, set up call to discuss position, business unit and process. Had another phone interview a week or so later and scheduled in person meeting with local contacts. In person interview after that with several members of the local team. No reply or response until finally saying they were going another direction.

Interview Questions
    • How have you dealt with a difficult situation in the past?   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon.

Very rigorous interview process. HR is driving it to be 100% behavioral-based. Questions have been standardized for each job title. Recruiters are overloaded and very slow to respond. So are the HR Business Partners.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked four separate times if EVRYTHING on my application was truthful. And then they came back and compared what I told them with what was on my application and what the background check showed, even for very minor discrepancies. Not unusual to have to provide a W2.   Answer Question
    There is limited room to negotiate. I had very high leverage and only got an additional $5k/year + $10k signing bonus.

Customer Service Representative Interview

The process was 2 phone interviews the first one were trying to get to know about me and why I wanted to work for the company. The second interview I was given situational scenerios and asked to give examples on how I resolved the issues.

Customer Service Representative Verizon Call Center Interview

I applied for the position on a Thursday, received an email to have a preliminary interview which was the following Monday, it went great and was asked to take the assessment test Wednesday, after test, I had a f2f interview which went great, received a call the same night stating they wanted to offer me the job. Waiting for the background and Drug Screening. I know they will return without a problem.

Interview Questions
    • Where would you like to be in 3 or 4 years?

What if questions....

Selling Wireless info
        Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

First there is a phone interview where you will be asked about your back round and general questions about selling. You will always go over your resume at this time and talk about your sales experience. Be ready to describe situations where you were successful in making a sale.

Interview Questions
    • What was a situation where you change someones mind during a sale?   View Answer

Business Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alpharetta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon in August 2014.

1st phone interview went well. Next interview scheduled for this friday - exactly 30 days after initial interview. It went extremely well and I feel that I will be given an offer at my next interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!