Verizon

Relevance Date Difficulty

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Member of Technical Staff

Interviewed at Verizon

Interview Details Interview lasted a day and was conducted by three people at three different times. I met the team and talked to them. They asked me general interest questions and I asked them similar questions. It was to check if I fit in the team.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions.
Technical questions.
Hands on coding.
  Answer Question

Fiber Customer Support Analyst Interview

Newport News, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in April 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and in two weeks I got a email about signing up for some initial testing. The first test was like the SAT or an IQ test. There is also a personality test that's within it. Then if you pass that you take a computer knowledge test, which has questions similar to the A+ exam. Then I was called the next day to set up a "structured interview", which was basically a face-to-face interview. They told me a recruiter would call me, but they never did. The structured interview involved two people reading questions out of a booklet and writting down your answers. They then score your answers to determine if you pass.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time a customer was angry, how you handled it and what the result.   Answer Question

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon in September 2010.

Interview Details Hiring process was fast. Company is open for compensation negotiations. Technical interview was very rigid.

Interview Question – Questions ask were within scope of job description   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Interviewed at Verizon

Interview Details First was a HR round which was not difficult then came the tech interview

Client Executive Interview

Paris (France)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon in June 2013.

Interview Details 7 interviews with several managers up to the country manager, lots of questions and though motivation assessment.

Interview Question – Are you ready for a very difficult position in a very very complex organization   Answer Question

Account Executive - Information Resources Interview

Boston, MA (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Verizon in July 2010.

Interview Details Three phase process. Written exam, Sales simulation, interview with mgt and team.

Interview Question – The sales simulation as the real challenge. You were put in a variety of sales situations over the phone and asked to pursue a goal. Almost all interactions were negative, but you had to persevere.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon.

Interview Details standard behavioral interview, thorough responses to questions presented

Negotiation Details – standard offer- good starting pay and benefits. great potential to add to earning and promote.

Sales Consultant Interview

Virginia Beach, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Verizon in June 2010.

Interview Details panel interview

Interview Question – how did you handle a conflict that you had with another workmate?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Basking Ridge, NJ (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in January 2014.

Interview Details I applied on the Verizon Careers site and was contacted by a recruiter within a week. She reviewed my resume and my LinkedIn and forwarded me to the hiring manager, who I had two interviews with. I had an interview with his manager (an Executive Director) after that and was told it was likely I would receive an offer. It took a very long time to receive an offer but once I had it in hand, the process went fairly quickly after that.

Interview Question – Give some examples of difficult negotiations you've undertaken.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They didn't budge at all on base pay - it was the Gypsy curse all over again; I got exactly what I 'wanted.' That is to say, the exact amount I asked for, decremented by the bonus they expect I'll get. They came up in a few other areas, though.

Very Easy Interview

Voice Engineer Interview

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon in April 2014.

Interview Details I had two phone interviews which went very well. The interviewers were the head of the team. They asked about my VoIP and network experience along with my linux and BASH exprrience in detail. This turned out to be a false job. They stated they were cut on budget and could no longer hire but would keep in touch but they had been and still are hiring.

Interview Question – The questions were all relevent and below expectation,   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The position was removed due to budget as soon as I accepted yet they are still advertising.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Verizon

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon interview questions and advice. All 440 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Verizon employees and interview candidates.