Verizon

Relevance Date Difficulty

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Member of Technical Staff

Interviewed at Verizon

Interview Details Interview lasted a day and was conducted by three people at three different times. I met the team and talked to them. They asked me general interest questions and I asked them similar questions. It was to check if I fit in the team.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions.
Technical questions.
Hands on coding.
  Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in May 2014.

Interview Details There was one face to face interview. Questions asked were either situational or behavioral. I was told immediately of next steps and was I was pleased those steps were followed exactly.. I did not receive a job offer but I don't feel that I was as prepared as I should have been. It was my first interview in years and I was more nervous and clueless than I realized going in. Lesson learned: research different types of situational questions and come up with a few examples. The same example kept popping up in my head and I use it too much.

Interview Question – How would you approach learning a new area/subject? Tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume. How do you motivate others? Tell me about a time you worked on multiple assignments or a project with changing responsibilities.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Newark, NJ (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Verizon.

Interview Details battery exam; math, alpha and numeric matching, similar to Military entrance exam, then 1on1 interview; drug testing; medical exam, background checks, then Final Offer. Once you pass the initial exams, it's just basic corporate procedures, just as in any big company.

Interview Question – None...just listen carefully to questions and think before you answer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Use your experiences and show how it can benefit the company so you can negotiate a higher starting pay

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Verizon.

Interview Details The interviewer called about 2 min late (as expected) she started off introducing herself and going over the position what it includes and what the facility is like then she began the interview process. She asked your same old interview questions and at the end told me I got through the phone interview and wanted to set up the in person. I am going to in person interview next week. I got through the first part with flying colors my advice is to talk to the interviewer like a person (not a friend) not a robot and you will do fine. I still have a test and the in person interview so I'm praying it goes just as well .

Interview Question – Not really any difficult questions basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Phila, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in September 2010.

Interview Details I had to past a couple of battery test. Went to another location to take a customer service test. I met with the hiring manager for an interview. Offered the job over the phone.. The process may have taken 3 weeks.

Interview Question – Discuss a difficult situation you encountered with a customer and how did you resolve it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered an amount and I accepted, I did not attempt to negotiate

Fiber Customer Support Analyst Interview

Fiber Customer Support Analyst
Silver Spring, MD (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Verizon in June 2014.

Interview Details Started out by applying. Was contacted about two weeks after for a phone interview. After initial phone interview was required to take tests on computer that tested your ability to follow rules, data entry, and basic LAN networking skills.

Successfully passed the testing and was granted an in person interview where I was asked questions by two managers out of a booklet. The questions were self explanatory customer situation examples. After the interview I was told to wait for a few days for information. Received an email on Saturday telling me to expect to hear more information in the next week which have the hint I probably got the job. Then on Monday I got the call from the initial recruiter offering the job. .

Interview Question – Describe a time you had to provide negative information to a customer and how did you present it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't try to negotiate because it was a union job and after two years there I was going to be making a substantial salary in my opinion.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon.

Interview Details The process started with an email sent to me for a request for a phone interview. I completed the phone interview and it lasted for about 5 min. A month later, I received a call to come to Verizon for a face to face interview. There were two interviews at that time. One with IT professionals and one with an HR professional. Each one lasted for an hour. After that was completed, I knew of a decision a week later.

Interview Question – There was no difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Portland, OR (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon in June 2014.

Interview Details 3 interviews, all were easy, you should be honest and able to explain what's on your resume, self confidence is very important, don't explain beyond the required information. the over all process is easy, the background check might take time, so don't panic

Negotiation Details – no negoiation

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Hilliard, OH (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Verizon.

Interview Details First received a phone interview, then an in person interview with Recruiting department Senior Recruiter. She was very direct and came across attacking and rude along with negative. I had to get assertive in my responses and really stand up for myself during the interview as if I was fighting verbally for the job. I didn't think I was going to get hired due to her unpleasant demeanor during the interview.

Interview Question – Tell me what apps are on your cell phone right now   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my hourly rate of pay. I was offered $16.00 an hour but I was able to negotiate $19.00 and hour. My advice would be to not be afraid to ask for more money as long as you can back your request up with previous experience and previous rate of pay for same type of job.

Very Easy Interview

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Alpharetta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Verizon in July 2014.

Interview Details Initial interview went well. Applied for Account Mgr position and was called next day. 1st interview so far went well. General questions mainly about my past work history and a general question about my knowledge of Verizon. Do your homework inadvance getting to know enough about Verizon. Now awaiting for a response from the hiring manager to continue thru the hiring process. I'm keeping hope alive because it did go well!

Interview Question – My past work history.   Answer Question

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!