Verizon

Updated 18 Nov, 2014
Updated 18 Nov, 2014

2.9

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Interview lasted a day and was conducted by three people at three different times. I met the team and talked to them. They asked me general interest questions and I asked them similar questions. It was to check if I fit in the team.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions.
      Technical questions.
      Hands on coding.
        Answer Question

FLDP Interview

Had a first round phone interview. Interviews are done by TheWorkPlaceGroup. All questions are very simple, behavioral. Asked things like why Verizon, would you be interested in a CPA career track? Within roughly two weeks they notified me that I got the second round interview and they are flying me up to their NJ corporate headquarters tomorrow.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a ton of things going on at once and how you dealt with the situation.   Answer Question

Security Consultant Interview

I started as a trainee 8 years ago after a master degree with a very informal process review because at that time we were a 1000 employees business coming from the merger of 3 promising startups and so the internal mindset remained startup oriented. And in 2008 Verizon Businesses took over this new company. So my experience is not relevant for current positions.

Interview Questions
    • Informal interview as explained above which is not relevant for current jobs.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Initial screening call followed by a super day. The super day had one HR interview and one business interview. They were both very simple very easy very straightforward for anyone who evenly mildly prepared. However they are absoltuely terrible about getting back to interviewees. I thought I did fairly well relative to the other candidates I interviewed against and my background very strongly supports my application. They said that they would let us know in two weeks of the super day. It has been almost a month and I have received no reply. I even emailed them but have not received any notification on the status of my application. I think this is incredibly rude and unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • None, all of it was super easy and straightforward. The outcome is uncertain since they didnt have the decency to get back to me   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

Very detailed with at minimum 3 interviews along with a very detailed background check. Interviewed with all levels up to the cfo. Background check took 1 full week to complete. Fair yet be prepared to answer at least 50 questions .great company with great benefits just very difficult to get hired as well as hire someone externally.

Not difficult

Fiber Customer Support Analyst Interview

I applied online and got a call four days later to schedule an IT test that had to be completed within 72hrs. After that, I was scheduled for the in person interview which I have not gone to yet. The IT test was basic A+ stuff, with some cable tv information.

Interview Questions
    • Then customer service test was unexpectedly fast, but not difficult.   View Answer

Senior Staff Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

Verizon uses SOAR - Situation, Obstacles faced, Actions taken to overcome those obstacles, Result. Make sure you only use examples in which you had a positive Result. For example, can you tell me about a time when you faced difficulties with a project and what you did. Mention your transferable skills and how they would help with the position you are applying for. Typically the Hiring Manager will have another person in the room with them as a witness both taking notes on your responses.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions are: tell me about yourself and the weakness question is common. Be prepared with SOAR examples. Know the company and what they do, each division is different. ie VZ Telecommunications, versus, VZ wireless, versus VZ enterprise solutions.   Answer Question

Wireless Transport Engineer Interview

The hiring manager will notify via email and phone to schedule a time to do technical interview. If all is well and qualified. They will schedule face to face structured interview. If you passed all the test then you have to work with HR to negotiate your salary.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a real life experience situation you face, course of action, and the end result.   Answer Question

Graveyard shift and drive to multi locations

Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

Submitted my resume through their online career website. Was called about 2 days later for a phone interview from a recruiter who doesn't work directly for Verizon. She asked very basic interview questions like tell me about a time you had an issue with a group project or how do you do with groups, etc. About a month later (early-ish January) received an email inviting me to do a in person interview at HQ in Basking Ridge. All day interview where first part is a 1 on 1 with someone from the finance department and another 1 on 1 with someone from HR. The 2nd part of the day is situational interview where you have to work as a team to solve a problem to a scenario. About a month and a half later, received my offer.

Human Resources Interview

The process was very long. I was originally phone screened in November 2013 with a Staffing Company and then had another phone interview in January. After these interviews, I was invited to come to the office for an event that took place for about 3-4 hours. This included a group exercise, an interview, a question & answer panel and lunch.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you were in a situation and things didn't go as planned and how did you make it work?   Answer Question