Verizon

Updated 27 Feb, 2015
Updated 27 Feb, 2015

2.9

Technician Interview

It was quite quick. The questions were simple and very straight forward. Mostly technical questions about telecommunications and networking. TCP/IP, WAN, data communications. The awesome interviewer mostly asked operational questions too, which were not all that hard. Also questions on how to handle incident and customer service. The second interview is handled by one of the technician it self.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Interview lasted a day and was conducted by three people at three different times. I met the team and talked to them. They asked me general interest questions and I asked them similar questions. It was to check if I fit in the team.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions.
      Technical questions.
      Hands on coding.

Answer Question

Call Center Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

Take a seven part assessment that lasts 2 hours. I finished the assessment in one hour. I was able to take the assessment at home. Then I was scheduled for a face to face structured interview. This is the toughest part because they use a booklet and read out of it as if they are administering an exam. It made me so nervous I did terrible. They do role playing and you have to sell the customer the product from XYZ company. They give you a pen and pad to write down the information for the XYZ company. The interview isn't personable at all. I don't think they even care about your personality. If you have call center or phone sales experience then this is the perfect job for you.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions where behavioral and you can't use your own experiences. They give you an example and you have to tell them how you would react to it. Concentrates on sales and customer retention.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

Phone call from recruiter. Phone with hiring manager and other PMs. Entire process took about 2 or 3 weeks. I applied online and was called the next day.
    However there was no communication after that.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

I applied for a position on a Wednesday. Two days later I received a call from a recruiter. We didn't actually speak until the following Monday. After my phone interview, I was scheduled for a face to face interview the next Monday. The face to face interview took about 45 minutes. I was asked why I decided to apply to Verizon and some personal questions as well as critical thinking questions. Once the interview was over I was told I qualified for the assessment. It was scheduled for the next day. The assessment took about an hour or so. It is a seven part assessment, anyone with basic common sense should be able to pass. Once I finished, I was told I passed and scheduled the final interview the same day. The final interview was with the Director and a Supervisor. I was asked some critical thinking questions that needed to be answered on the STAR format. After that I was asked to sell a random electronic device. After the interview was over, I was brought back to the front desk where I waited about ten minutes. I was then told I was being offered the position! The overall process was great. Everyone I met with were very nice and laidback.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Verizon.

Gave my resume in colg career fair. Got their mail after few days to apply for the positon. Went to basking ridge for the interview.Over all process was smooth.2 rounds of interview were conducted. One technical and one HR. Nothing technical or too technical about it. They just asked questions regarding my project. The interviewers were very friendly while asking questions.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

I had applied online. I then had a follow up phone interview with basic retail questions and waited for a couple of weeks and did not get the job.

Entry Level Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon in February 2015.

They conducted a "Super day" to interview several entry level candidates. There were two 30 minute interviews with two separate department managers, and a tour of the building. I was there for a total of an hour and a half. There was a campus recruiter on site to ensure that everyone was where they needed to be.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were a project lead...
      How did you motivate the team members...
      Tell me about yourself.

Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Verizon.

Got a interview call through a consultant. They were looking for both c and c++ candidates. They asked about thread basics, c basics, linked list, variable overflow. etc. Explained about previous projects in detail. Design, issues faced etc

Collections Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Verizon.

Not a good system...several calls to and from recruiter, phone interview, group interview testing at facility, weeks later job offer depending you pass all requirements , BIG hassel .gettong all the info they require, no comunication then 2 days before start date they call you. After starting rush to reverify info because it got lost.

No negotiation