Verizon

Updated 14 Dec, 2014
Updated 14 Dec, 2014

2.9

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Interview lasted a day and was conducted by three people at three different times. I met the team and talked to them. They asked me general interest questions and I asked them similar questions. It was to check if I fit in the team.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions.
      Technical questions.
      Hands on coding.

Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

Applied to their website. Got a behavioral phone call in the following month. Second round invitation to Basking Ridge, NJ where they flew me out. 1 behavioral interview and 1 technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • Recall a time you faced a challenge with teammates and how you overcame them.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

SOC Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon.

Total 3 rounds
    1 technical
    2 HR
    3 Online test for Grammar

Not so difficult to crack, its an average and simple interview process.I have cleared all the rounds, but still they are saying its on hold.

Interview Questions
    • I have cleared all the rounds, but still they are saying its on hold.   Answer Question

IT Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon.

Had phone interview with an agent from a recruiting firm within 2 weeks applying online and later went to an HQ for two in person interviews, one business/technical and one HR.

Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

Applied online and received call about three days later to set up interview. Did a skill and personality test was not difficult. Then had one on one interview. Usually questions strength and weaknesses, what would you do in certain situations

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

This was the most awkward interview / hiring processes I have ever dealt with. I applied to a position and made it through two interviews with the organization. However, at my third interview, the representative cut my interview short after realizing that although I had significant experience related to the job position, I did not have the specific degree they were seeking. After that interview, I never heard back from another representative. It was a complete waste of their time and my time to make it through 2 interviews only to be rejected for an odd technicality.

Interview Questions
    • How would you address individual differences within a team?   Answer Question

Engineer A Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC (US)

General questions were asked about my previous experiences. I was asked how much was i expecting in terms of compensation. I was asked if I had any experience with the products they used in data circuit provisioning and activation.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

They called for a short phone interview. It seemed more just to make sure that I qualified for the interview on site. They then scheduled an on-site interview one week later and there had me meet with two team managers and have thirty minute interviews with them. After the interview they gave a tour of their facilities and then it was done. They called me two business days later saying they would have an offer to me by the end of the week.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard interview questions. Helped to know a lot about the company and the industry.   Answer Question
    They were slow to get back to any questions I had. They would tell me that they would get back to me on a certain day and it would always be two days later than that.

Verizon Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Verizon.

More than one interview, usually one with an HR representative and another with more technical leadership team members.

The focus are to find candidates that are willing to learn, with the right attitude, and flexible on moving. Its not so much about technical expertise.

Questions are focused on leadership experience , overcoming challenges, and ability tp work and adapt to new teams.

Interview Questions
    Program salary not negotiable, although highly competitive. But, opportunity is awesome.

Financial Analyst Interview

it may take several interviews (phone or one on one) and some managers will also have the team interview to see if you would be a good fit for the team