Verizon

Relevance Date Difficulty

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Member of Technical Staff

Interviewed at Verizon

Interview Details Interview lasted a day and was conducted by three people at three different times. I met the team and talked to them. They asked me general interest questions and I asked them similar questions. It was to check if I fit in the team.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions.
Technical questions.
Hands on coding.
  Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Wilmington, NC (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon in November 2011.

Interview Details 1 interview with hiring manager. It was a great conversation without all the standard phone interview questions. We knew I was a good fit by the end of our conversation. I appreciated the fresh/normal approach.

Negotiation Details – Very little wiggle room.

Software Engineer Interview

Irving, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Verizon in March 2010.

Interview Details Very short interview as it's recommended from a friend. Basic technical questions.

Interview Question – None. Every question is expected and not hard to my recall.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Ashburn, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Verizon in April 2013.

Interview Details Had a very laid-back interview at the Ashburn campus for the VDMS project.

Interview Question – no, not any   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – nonexistent

Fiber Network Tech Interview

Tampa, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Verizon in March 2010.

Interview Details Phone Interview, then skills test and personality test then in person interview

Interview Question – How do you create a wireless network   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they offered me the highest pay for that level

Cable Splicing Technician Interview

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Verizon in June 2010.

Interview Details phone interview was asked simple skills questions application was filled out in person. I had to submit and app, then i waited VZ(bell atlantic at the time), to call with job offers. Several offers were made before they called wih a job i was qualified for. I'm pretty sure that the process is more advanced now, probably more online and less phone contact . I filled out an application, took a basic skills test and a more advanced test for the cable splicing position. Prior knowledge would have been nice but was not necessary. The test seem to be more about your propensity to learn and adapt, rather than what you actually knew.

Interview Question – there was a flow chart on the test, and if you answered one question wrong every answer after it would have been wrong also. don't remember much, it was 15 years ago   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations, they put out the offer, and i had to either accept or decline.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Verizon.

Interview Details Written test one day, next phase is a phone interview , third is a mock sales roll play

Interview Question – Sell me something   View Answer

Fiber Customer Support Analyst Interview

Newport News, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in April 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and in two weeks I got a email about signing up for some initial testing. The first test was like the SAT or an IQ test. There is also a personality test that's within it. Then if you pass that you take a computer knowledge test, which has questions similar to the A+ exam. Then I was called the next day to set up a "structured interview", which was basically a face-to-face interview. They told me a recruiter would call me, but they never did. The structured interview involved two people reading questions out of a booklet and writting down your answers. They then score your answers to determine if you pass.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time a customer was angry, how you handled it and what the result.   Answer Question

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon in September 2010.

Interview Details Hiring process was fast. Company is open for compensation negotiations. Technical interview was very rigid.

Interview Question – Questions ask were within scope of job description   Answer Question

Client Executive Interview

Paris (France)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon in June 2013.

Interview Details 7 interviews with several managers up to the country manager, lots of questions and though motivation assessment.

Interview Question – Are you ready for a very difficult position in a very very complex organization   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Verizon

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon interview questions and advice. All 446 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Verizon employees and interview candidates.