Verizon

Updated 25 Jan, 2015
Updated 25 Jan, 2015

2.9

Technician Interview

It was quite quick. The questions were simple and very straight forward. Mostly technical questions about telecommunications and networking. TCP/IP, WAN, data communications. The awesome interviewer mostly asked operational questions too, which were not all that hard. Also questions on how to handle incident and customer service. The second interview is handled by one of the technician it self.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Interview lasted a day and was conducted by three people at three different times. I met the team and talked to them. They asked me general interest questions and I asked them similar questions. It was to check if I fit in the team.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions.
      Technical questions.
      Hands on coding.

Answer Question

Collections Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Verizon.

Not a good system...several calls to and from recruiter, phone interview, group interview testing at facility, weeks later job offer depending you pass all requirements , BIG hassel .gettong all the info they require, no comunication then 2 days before start date they call you. After starting rush to reverify info because it got lost.

No negotiation

Programmer Interview

as usual. just the usual stuff. inerview went well and it was pretty basic and i answered all the questions. ver y easy and u can crack it. asked questions about div and doms and basic javascript questions.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

Interview was with two people, one present and one over the phone. Asked all the standard interview questions. I interviewed at a different location than the one that I was eventually hired at. I thought I was applying for a position at Verizon Wireless and ended up working for Verizon Telecom. I didn't realize that they were basically two different companies.

Interview Questions
    • What was one thing you changed about your previous place of employment/how did you overcome a difficult situation.   Answer Question
    basically was offered less than I was making at previous employer but with commission. Very soon after being hired I was maxed out at the top pay for my position.

Software Engineer Interview

One initial test followed by a tech round and hr round tech round was mainly on the subject I was interested in and hr was on whether I was ready to relocate ,about domains I was interested to work on

Operations Manager Interview

Interview is situational interview questions they will ask about your training education and work experiences then go into situational questions. It's a panel interview where they ask standard questions to every applicant. You must pass general aptitude tests prior to receiving an interview

Interview Questions
    • General situational questions. Tell me about a time when ........   Answer Question
    Offer based on associate pay scale and pretty standardized

Network Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Verizon.

I had 3 interviews for the same position. The hiring process is somewhat lenghty. The first two interview were done by HR specialists who ask you general question about how you would react in different situation. The third interview was done by the engineering team and ask more questions related to the jobs itself. Such as experience and reasons for chosing the field.

Interview Questions
    • One the questions I was asked was what I like least about my field. This very hard to answer because you don't want to let them know you might not enjoy an aspect of the job that you are applying for.   Answer Question

Call Center Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

2 phone interviews. 2 tests for skills. 4 interviews with supervisors. Major background check. Strange interview questions. Faxed 10 years of taxes to them so so that I could complete the application process. Testing was easy. Talk about how comfortable with change, computers (software), and people you are and you should do well.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had any hostility or conflicts with a co-worker?   View Answer
    No salary negotiation. I know someone interviewed recently and the starting salary was like 28,000

RF Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon.

Initial communication was via phone call. i then had to fly down for an interview. standard RF interview questions. they paid for the flight, car rental and hotel. im worried the pay is kinda low.