Verizon Interview Questions

Updated 10 Apr, 2015
Updated 10 Apr, 2015

2.9

Technician Interview

Interview

It was quite quick. The questions were simple and very straight forward. Mostly technical questions about telecommunications and networking. TCP/IP, WAN, data communications. The awesome interviewer mostly asked operational questions too, which were not all that hard. Also questions on how to handle incident and customer service. The second interview is handled by one of the technician it self.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Interview

Interview lasted a day and was conducted by three people at three different times. I met the team and talked to them. They asked me general interest questions and I asked them similar questions. It was to check if I fit in the team.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions.
      Technical questions.
      Hands on coding.

Answer Question

Senior Member Technical Staff (Systems Engineer) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon (Tampa, FL (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Not a difficult process. Candidates goes through two interview. First one is with the associate director of the department to go about the basic qualifications needed for the job. If selected for 2nd interview candidate meets with technical lead from the department to go over in depth technical questions related to the job.

Solutions Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon (Tampa, FL (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Usually there are two phone interviews and if those go well there is an in person interview with a store manager. Interview questions ask about experience, past metrix goals and specific situation questions. Answers need to be about a specific incident, do not give a generic answer explaining what you would do in a certain situation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with an upset customer and how you resolved the issue.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when one of your peers did something against policy and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Automation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

Interviewed for automation engineer with 1 or 0 years experience. Not clear about their expectations, HR and interviewers have different versions and expectation about the job role. Interview dates and time were not properly set up. Not clear about what skills they are looking for in a candidate. Not clear about the role, team members and job description. Not clear about the technologies they are using. Didn't get chance to meet rest of the team members. They provided a job id though which was very generic. called for on-sight first and cancelled the phone interview they set up for next day. Do not waste time unless you are sure its worth attending the interview.

Interview Questions

• program to count and remove the duplicates and remove the duplicates in a file   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon (Basking Ridge, NJ (US)).

Interview

5 hour day, two interviews, group project, presentation. The one interview was with an HR guy, basic HR questions. Second was a "technical" interview but I guess they really were more concerned with what you wanted to do and liked since I got no real technical questions at all. The group project was one of those, there are 16 items and you are shipwrecked, rank them yourself and then come together as a group to rank them again. Just remember to not be hostile and talk over people, but make sure you have ideas and make it known when you don't agree.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Verizon.

Interview

Group activity and two 1-1 interviews in one superday. Not very technical at all, just intense being in a room with other applicants. Everyone is incredibly nice, overall not a bad interview process at all.

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Verizon (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I was recruited by a former HR director. I submitted my Resume and cover letter. I was called in for a one on one with my potential manager and then called to a one on one with his director.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon.

Interview

I applied online. Within a couple weeks I got was emailed back to set up a phone interview.
    Phone interview was pretty standard, mainly HR questions.
    From there, I was invited to a Super Day event at their HQ in Texas where I was set up with 2 interviews, one business related, and another HR related.
    Business interview mainly focused on your resume and projects you have worked on.

Call Center Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Verizon (Newport News, VA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very swift for me. I was emailed to do an assessment after I applied. Mind you, I applied in December 2014, did not receive email until end of Feb 2015. After, I completed assessment, which is about 2 hrs long. I got a call from their recruiter saying I passed and that I will get a phone call in about 2 days to schedule f2f interview. I got the call the very next day, I am thinking this is really prompt, I like this. I went in for my f2f 2 days later and did the interview. Its is a structural interview and role playing is involved. However, the 2 gentleman I interviewed with were very nice and relaxing. The interview process lasted 45 min this f2f occurred on a Thursday. That following Tuesday, I received an email saying I qualified on the interview and that I will be contacted by a member of their team if I am the selected candidate. That's where I was confused, If I am the selected candidate? ok.... so that was 3 days ago to the date. I don't have any information to Verizon, as everything you get is through and auto email or has no call back information. As of right now, I have been waiting for a call..... with my fingers crossed. I really would like to work for them, but I'm not sure, as I usually hear from them within 2 days, but we will see....

Interview Questions

• What is something that you can use to improve your job?   21 Answers