Verizon

Relevance Date Difficulty

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Member of Technical Staff

Interviewed at Verizon

Interview Details Interview lasted a day and was conducted by three people at three different times. I met the team and talked to them. They asked me general interest questions and I asked them similar questions. It was to check if I fit in the team.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions.
Technical questions.
Hands on coding.
  Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in May 2014.

Interview Details There was one face to face interview. Questions asked were either situational or behavioral. I was told immediately of next steps and was I was pleased those steps were followed exactly.. I did not receive a job offer but I don't feel that I was as prepared as I should have been. It was my first interview in years and I was more nervous and clueless than I realized going in. Lesson learned: research different types of situational questions and come up with a few examples. The same example kept popping up in my head and I use it too much.

Interview Question – How would you approach learning a new area/subject? Tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume. How do you motivate others? Tell me about a time you worked on multiple assignments or a project with changing responsibilities.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Portland, OR (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon in June 2014.

Interview Details 3 interviews, all were easy, you should be honest and able to explain what's on your resume, self confidence is very important, don't explain beyond the required information. the over all process is easy, the background check might take time, so don't panic

Negotiation Details – no negoiation

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Hilliard, OH (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Verizon.

Interview Details First received a phone interview, then an in person interview with Recruiting department Senior Recruiter. She was very direct and came across attacking and rude along with negative. I had to get assertive in my responses and really stand up for myself during the interview as if I was fighting verbally for the job. I didn't think I was going to get hired due to her unpleasant demeanor during the interview.

Interview Question – Tell me what apps are on your cell phone right now   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my hourly rate of pay. I was offered $16.00 an hour but I was able to negotiate $19.00 and hour. My advice would be to not be afraid to ask for more money as long as you can back your request up with previous experience and previous rate of pay for same type of job.

Very Easy Interview

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Alpharetta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Verizon in July 2014.

Interview Details Initial interview went well. Applied for Account Mgr position and was called next day. 1st interview so far went well. General questions mainly about my past work history and a general question about my knowledge of Verizon. Do your homework inadvance getting to know enough about Verizon. Now awaiting for a response from the hiring manager to continue thru the hiring process. I'm keeping hope alive because it did go well!

Interview Question – My past work history.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Verizon in December 2013.

Interview Details Has three rounds of interview. First round to check your coding skills, Second round to Validate your skills earned through your experience and Third one is the Managerial Round. Much questions were focused on Scala, Play framework. The Second round of interview was focused on the knowledge of implementation.

Interview Question – Data structure implementation in Java.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate happens between the Employer and the Contracting company

Call Center Manager Interview

Call Center Manager
Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon in December 2011.

Interview Details Standard situation, action and results interview. Very helpful to provide data whenever possible. Education is important with some hiring execs while experience is also valued. If you have a leave behind or examples of documentation

Negotiation Details – It was fair

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Verizon in December 2010.

Interview Details There is a 4 step testing process, if all tests passed then you will get a phone interview and then a face to face interview. The first test is a basic knowledge test including english and math questions.

Interview Question – tests   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Senior Account Executive

Interview Details Initial screening call with recruiter, then no contact for 3 weeks. Got a phone interview to present a business plan. Then in person interview with hiring manager and one level above.

Interview Question – I wish they had asked about my technical background in telecom because it was so critical to the position.   Answer Question

Customer Service Technician Interview

Customer Service Technician
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in May 2014.

Interview Details Applied Online, within a week I was able to set up my assessment tested I needed. Took them and passed them, next I was called by scheduling department for manager interview. Interview was in STAR format with about 7 questions or so. Passed it. Felt really good about everything, the manager made it seem like he liked me, so figured I was in. Next day received email indicating I passed interview, and haven't heard nothing since. Have applied for other position, but no word yet.

Interview Question – Question were like other from phone companies, so I knew what to aspect.   Answer Question

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!