Veeco Instruments Interview Questions

Updated 3 Oct, 2014
Updated 3 Oct, 2014

2.8

Internal Audit Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Veeco Instruments.

Recruiter first asked how are you doing during the campus study, if any activities you've ever enjoy in.
    They would focus on why you choose their company and why internal audit position. If you have related work experiences, they would go detailed about that, like how you performed it, what is your responsibility, and what you think challenge you most.
    During the behavior question there may some academic question, like the classification of accounts on the balance sheet, calculate the depreciation, or revenue recognition.
    At last they would wondering how you will bring to their company, and what's your plan for future.
    Ending is whether you have any questions.

Interview Questions
    • During the interview section they will ask academic questions, while people feel nervous on an interview, it is hard for people to focus on those mathematics numbers and calculations.   Answer Question

Office location too far away from home.

Supply Chain Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Veeco Instruments.

Phone interview then one on one interviews face to face. I did receive a phone call after the interview process after 7:00 pm which wasn't acceptable. The first phone interview took a little over an hour. The panel interview was one person at a time which made it a little less stressful.

Interview Questions
    • I was also asked if I had a significant other because they wanted to make sure I just didn't want the job because I needed it. Very odd and unethical.   Answer Question
    I was happy with what was offered

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainview, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Veeco Instruments in March 2014.

there were 6 different people who took interview on 1 on 1 basis

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Veeco Instruments.

The interview was quite simple with just 2 rounds, then negotiate for packages, everything is simple and smooth.

I asked for a quite good package and they cut to a lower level then I agreed.

Software Support Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Veeco Instruments in September 2011.

I was interviewed by HR and than the hiring manager on phone. After first round was called for face to face. Total 6 associates (most of them are executives) interviewed me. I was told next day after face to face that I will be getting the offer.

I almost got the salary what I expected.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainview, NY (US)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Veeco Instruments in September 2011.

Interview was good. Very nice people to talk to on the phone. Travel arrangements were done quickly and rapidly. The interview process onsite consisted of 1-1 interviews with people from the department. A lot of technical questions were asked; challenging fundamentals and problem solving. Ideas revolved around past experience. A lot of them were specific to the job, but they weren't grilling you. The teams wanted to understand how much did I know about the field/job

Interview Questions
    • Tell me more about yourself & how does your background match the position? What skills do you bring to the table?   Answer Question
    • A lot of questions were related to the position/CVD/PVD experience etc   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainview, NY (US)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Veeco Instruments in August 2011.

It's about CVD process engineer. First is a phone interview with the group manager, asked about CVD growth experience. Then it's onsite interview, for a whole day. About 8 1:1interview, mostly based on resume. The group manager ask more about academic research (graphene). There's a lunch interview with a director. at the end it's a presentation. It takes a whole day, very exhausting.

Characterization Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ (US)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Veeco Instruments in July 2011.

I was first interviewed over the phone by hiring manager. It took about 45 mins and he all he asked were technical questions. Then about two week later I had the onsite interview. It was a panel interview and lasted for about 1.5 hour. Most of the questions were technical questions and were not difficult.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Veeco Instruments in May 2011.

Very nice company, good benefit.
    1:1 meeting without presentation.
    Total 6 people including engineer and, HR and manager.
    Unforutnately, I didn't get offer.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Veeco Instruments in March 2011.

The interviewers were all very friendly and I didn't get the job because I was not a good fit for the job.

Overall good people, good technology- would love to interview again.