VMware

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Member of Technical Staff Software Engineer Interview

Senior Member of Technical Staff Software Engineer

Interviewed at VMware

Interview Details Was contacted by VMware recruiter regarding a hiring event. First step was a phone conversation with a recruiter then a online test. The test was a programming assignment done online within a time limit of 90 mins. The code takes input and your code outputs data. It was challenging but I passed it. Then onsite where I had 4, 1hr interviews. Typical programming questions. All interviewers were very friendly and professional.

Interview Question – Was not prepared for threading question.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at VMware.

Interview Details Had applied through school. Pretty much basic technical questions and was asked to design a file system to test what all scenarios I was considering and giving more importance.

Interview Question – The interviewer has in-depth knowledge of file system   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Calgary, AB

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at VMware in June 2011.

Interview Details Fairly easy, but you need to know your stuff. We don't train just anybody.

Interview Question – None, I knew what I was doing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fairly easy. I asked I received and life is good.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at VMware.

Interview Details It consisted of several interviews over the phone and in person highly technical in nature

Interview Question – What is PATA   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at VMware.

Interview Details I sent my resume in via a friend who worked for the company and was telephoned the next day. They wanted to set up a phone interview. I was called when we had set up our time and it was clear the interviewer was at home. As I could hear dogs barking. However I think that is part of the atmosphere at VMWare. Stay at home to work and laid back.

She asked me if I was interested in the company and what my main goal was. General interview questions nothing hard. She then told me about the rest of the interview process which involved hypothetically selling coffee to a group of VMware employees and then a more on the spot sales presentation with some VMware managers.

She said she would call me to schedule those interviews. I never received a follow up phone call.

Interview Question – What are your goals regarding your career and how you will contribute to this company or any?   Answer Question

Technical Program Manager Interview

Technical Program Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at VMware in March 2014.

Interview Details A vmware recruiter contacted me for a phone interview after I applied online. The recruiter rattled off 10-20 stock questions on her sheet. Very cold demeanor, told me I only had 1-2min to answer each question and cut me off as I was talking. Not surprisingly, my answers didn't fit into whatever stock answers she had and I never heard from anyone at vmware again.

Interview Question – None too difficult, just cliche type program management questions.   Answer Question

Pricing Interview

Pricing

I applied through another source and interviewed at VMware.

Interview Details The interviewer was 37 minutes late to the interview.
The interviewer had great difficulty speaking English.
The interviewer eventually brought up the fact that they do not pay for relocation (ACROSS THE COUNTRY) when their posted job ad specifically states they did (and all similar jobs of this caliber would pay Relo).

Software Development Engineer In TestBeijing Office Interview

Software Development Engineer In TestBeijing Office
Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at VMware in August 2013.

Interview Details The questions are simple, the inteviewer mainly focues on my projects. First question is introduce myself in English, then write a sort method using any language. Next I was asked some questions about Linux, include some commands and the principle of pipe. In the remaining time I was talking about my project.

Interview Question – the difference among hashmap, hashtable, hashset in JAVA?   View Answer

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Senior Member of Technical Staff

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at VMware.

Interview Details Technical - on par with bay-area's best. Very technical / in-depth discussions / past experience is the key. Algorithms / Data Structures / Typical Computer Science essentials. Essentially hands on coding will go a very very long way, keep writing code to ace the interview.

Interview Question – Solving some very complex puzzles in limited time.   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Software Engineer Interview

Senior Member of Technical Staff Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at VMware.

Interview Details I had a very bad experience with VMWare recruiters, twice...and both the times it was the same unpleasant experience. They contacted me to interview for a position and I gave them few slots for tech screens. Then they told me that they are not hiring any more and the email was full of spelling errors. The whole experience seemed very unprofessional.

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!