VMware Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr, 2015

3.2

Bookkeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at VMware (Toronto, ON) in November 2014.

Interview

It was short-they asked me about my qualifications and what experience I had in Bookkeeping. I told them my qualifications and that I was a fast learner and felt confident I could hit the ground running which is what they wanted to hear.

Interview Questions

Interview

Was contacted by VMware recruiter regarding a hiring event. First step was a phone conversation with a recruiter then a online test. The test was a programming assignment done online within a time limit of 90 mins. The code takes input and your code outputs data. It was challenging but I passed it. Then onsite where I had 4, 1hr interviews. Typical programming questions. All interviewers were very friendly and professional.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at VMware.

Interview

Had applied through school. Pretty much basic technical questions and was asked to design a file system to test what all scenarios I was considering and giving more importance.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at VMware.

Interview

It consisted of several interviews over the phone and in person highly technical in nature

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at VMware in February 2012.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter who found my resume online. Initial interview questions asked about past experience and soft skills with minor technical rapid-fire questions. Second interview was done without notice because a recruiter failed to communicate the date/time. I did it on short notice and as a result, it didn't go well.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at VMware (Calgary, AB) in June 2011.

Interview

Fairly easy, but you need to know your stuff. We don't train just anybody.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fairly easy. I asked I received and life is good.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at VMware.

Interview

It took around 2 weeks to proceed the interview. I am asked to do some online coding test first and later a HR send me an email to schedule a on campus interview.
    2 Software Engineers rotating interview. Pretty intensive and require fast coding skills.

Interview Questions

• Convert string to integer without using atoi and some algorithm problems   Answer Question

Client Success Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at VMware (Broomfield, CO (US)).

Interview

Initial phone screen from the recruiter, then a phone interview with the position manager. After that, one in-person interview--45 minute 2 on 1 with some team members, another 45 minutes with the position manager.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you? Tell me a time you had a problem with a co-worker/manager and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a fair offer--I accepted.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at VMware.

Interview

The interview process at VMWare is arduous but thorough. For me, it was a total of 9 individual interviews...some in person at the office and others over the phone with key stakeholders. They asked me many questions about my experience off of my resume, but also some situational questions pertinent to the job I was applying for at the time. I talked with everyone from Individual contributors to managers to Directors and VP's before the approval was given to hire.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to build your brand and overcome objections at the same time. How did you do it and what did you do?   Answer Question

Global Technical Alliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at VMware (Raleigh, NC (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Initial interview by the recruiter. Then was told I was a good fit for the position. Recruiter said he would forward my name and resume to the hiring manager. It has been a week and have not been contacted by the hiring manager.