VMware

Updated 25 Nov, 2014
Updated 25 Nov, 2014

3.2

Senior Member of Technical Staff Software Engineer Interview

Was contacted by VMware recruiter regarding a hiring event. First step was a phone conversation with a recruiter then a online test. The test was a programming assignment done online within a time limit of 90 mins. The code takes input and your code outputs data. It was challenging but I passed it. Then onsite where I had 4, 1hr interviews. Typical programming questions. All interviewers were very friendly and professional.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at VMware.

Had applied through school. Pretty much basic technical questions and was asked to design a file system to test what all scenarios I was considering and giving more importance.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at VMware.

It consisted of several interviews over the phone and in person highly technical in nature

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at VMware in June 2011.

Fairly easy, but you need to know your stuff. We don't train just anybody.

Interview Questions
    Fairly easy. I asked I received and life is good.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Interview was tough. Highly technical. They gave lot of time to think. It was more then 5 rounds but not bit cool. They don't pressurize on a question, Simply change it if you are stuck.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at VMware.

The recruiter asked me some basic Windows questions after I passed that phase I had an onsite interview. Each Escalation Engineer there were 4-5 people had asked multiple questions based on a scenario to see your troubleshooting methodology. If they asked about a network printer what would you do to get it to work it would start pretty basic and they kept going until your ideas had run out. It differs between each department what questions are asked. There were no right or wrong answers. Windows troubleshooting skills are what they are looking for. If you pass that phase you will meet with the managers. They will discuss & recommend for an yes or no to an offer.

Interview Questions
    • They expanded each question asked which increasingly was more difficult. They wanted to see if you painted yourself into a corner or if you could expand outside of the box.   Answer Question
    They made an offer and I accepted.

Sales Interview

very long and tedious. I had 5 phone interviews and then 4 in person interviews. they sat me down in a small conference room and I had 4 back to back interview all asking the same questions, which took up to an hour.

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at VMware in November 2014.

- The shorlisting was done based on the details provided in the Linked in .
    - The first round was a written test where you had to clear the programming test. The program was from Hacker earth.
    - If you clear the programming round then you were called for a face to face technical round of interview,
    - 1st round :
      - Manual testing concepts.
      - Automation testing concepts.
      - Puzzles / Brain teaser .
      - Simple program on the Java.

- 2nd round :
      - Implement Queue.
      - Concepts of Linked List.
      - Programming on strnigs.

- 3rd Round :
      - Linked List
      - Automation testing and details of the project
      - Program about linkedlist. ( Find middle element in one pass) . Find the duplicate element in the list.

- 4th Round :
     - 5 programming questions.
     - Puzzles.

As it was a drive , there was no HR round and we were told we would be given our feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Even though you answer all the questions , there is no guarantee that you get the offer. So wait till you hear from HR. HR does not revert till you ask them for the result.   Answer Question
    • - The interviewer was not well prepared to take the interview. Though the answer to the questions were right the interviewer was pestering me for other solutions and he was satisfied only when it matched his expectation. This was not a good experience.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff -QE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at VMware in November 2014.

There are total 4 technical rounds.In 1st round they asked implement Queue using Linked list.
    in the 2nd round they asked swaping of two nodes using recusion.
    find common element in 3 arrays in O(n) order.
    Reverses the linked list in one scan.
    Find loop in Linked List.without modifying the linked list.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

I have gone through objective Q/A round, 2-3 technical rounds then HR round.
    If it is through reference then you will have 3-4 technical rounds and if they are satisfied may be more technical rounds you will have and HR rounds.