VMware Interview Questions

Updated 26 Oct, 2014
Updated 26 Oct, 2014

3.2

Senior Member of Technical Staff Software Engineer Interview

Was contacted by VMware recruiter regarding a hiring event. First step was a phone conversation with a recruiter then a online test. The test was a programming assignment done online within a time limit of 90 mins. The code takes input and your code outputs data. It was challenging but I passed it. Then onsite where I had 4, 1hr interviews. Typical programming questions. All interviewers were very friendly and professional.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at VMware.

Had applied through school. Pretty much basic technical questions and was asked to design a file system to test what all scenarios I was considering and giving more importance.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at VMware.

It consisted of several interviews over the phone and in person highly technical in nature

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at VMware in June 2011.

Fairly easy, but you need to know your stuff. We don't train just anybody.

Interview Questions
    Fairly easy. I asked I received and life is good.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

I have gone through objective Q/A round, 2-3 technical rounds then HR round.
    If it is through reference then you will have 3-4 technical rounds and if they are satisfied may be more technical rounds you will have and HR rounds.

Intern Interview

Had a telephonic interview. Mostly asked about my resume and my knowledge of Android programming. I did not know much about it at that time. So that was a minus point in my profile.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about how to open sockets and the steps in socket programming.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at VMware.

I was contacted via the recruiter and given a list of items to prepare for. on attending the interview i was made to feel very welcome and could see the great company culture shining even after just a few minutes. I was interviewed by the current intern and after getting past the 1st interview by the division manager. My overall experience was extremely good, never have i had such a relaxed and interesting interview.

VMware Response

Sep 25, 2014Director of University Relations

It’s great to hear that you had such a positive experience. We are proud of our culture and I am thrilled to know that came across during your time with us. Thanks for sharing your feedback and ... More

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at VMware in September 2014.

30 min phone screen and a 4.5 hour full loop interview; mostly technical coding questions and some SOAR stories; The first 3 rounds were full coding and with hiring manager it was mostly explaining projects and design questions.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at VMware in September 2014.

I was contacted on Linked in by recruiter. The communication was pleasant and informative. I was asked to complete a timed (one hour) coding question online at my convenience. If the coding question went well, then I would be invited to participate at the interview event. I completed the coding question, and submitted my solution.

Interview Questions
    • 1) Flip the Bits : What is the maximum number if 1 - bits (indicated by S) which you can obtain in the final bit string? 'Flipping ' a bit means , that a 0 is transformed to a 1 and a 1 is transformed to a 0. String is some like "1001011".

2) Transverse the multi dimensional matrix: Find the number of paths to the bottom - right of the cell
        Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at VMware.

I sent my resume in via a friend who worked for the company and was telephoned the next day. They wanted to set up a phone interview. I was called when we had set up our time and it was clear the interviewer was at home. As I could hear dogs barking. However I think that is part of the atmosphere at VMWare. Stay at home to work and laid back.

She asked me if I was interested in the company and what my main goal was. General interview questions nothing hard. She then told me about the rest of the interview process which involved hypothetically selling coffee to a group of VMware employees and then a more on the spot sales presentation with some VMware managers.

She said she would call me to schedule those interviews. I never received a follow up phone call.

Interview Questions
    • What are your goals regarding your career and how you will contribute to this company or any?   Answer Question