Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Texas System
- Graduate Research Assistant (3)
- Assistant Professor (1)
- Student Assistant (1)
- Front Desk Clerk (1)
- Instructional Technology Specialist (1)
- Faculty (1)
- Research Coordinator (1)
- Executive Assistant (1)
- Office Manager (1)
- Research Assistant (1)
- Research Associate (1)
- Design (1)
- Student Worker (1)
- Systems Administrator (1)
- Assistant Professor, Finance (1)
- Chem Research Associate (1)
- Library Web and Technology Services Assistant (1)
- Research Analyst In Strategic Initiatives (1)
- PeopleSoft Access Control Analyst (1)
- Lab Technician (1)
- Strategy (1)
- IT (1)
- Senior Systems Analyst (1)
- Math Tutor (1)
- Administrative Assistant (1)
- Senior Research Scientist (1)
- Teaching Assistant (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at University of Texas System (Austin, TX (US)).
I applied online at hirealonghorn job site and then I received an availability schedule to fill out and return via email or in person and within a few days I was called in for a group interview/briefing that lasted about 40min
- very easy, the "interview" was more of a casual talk and briefing on how the job was going to be Answer Question
- Accepted OfferAccepted Offer
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at University of Texas System.
Phone interview, then panel interview in person.
- There were no unexpected questions. Answer Question
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at University of Texas System (Detroit, MI (US)) in February 2014.
They were two interviews one phone call and face -to face
- Business case Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Salary to low
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at University of Texas System.
Interview was approximately 1 hour with a panel of 3 people--the assistant director of the dept and 2 potential colleagues. Questions were pretty standard and dealt with specific job experience and technical skills. After the interview there is a 45 minute assessment (pen and paper) that requires you to write syntax for data management and analysis using SAS.
- Explain a time when you had a conflict and how you resolved it Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at University of Texas System (Austin, TX (US)).
Submit the transcript and resume before the deadline. Specified what you are interesting in, and reveal your personality in the personal statement.
- Put enough effort on the personal statement. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAccepted OfferPositive Experience
I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at University of Texas System.
Acceptance in the college was not hard because I was an undergraduate research assistant for the university prior to hiring. The job hiring process is mixed with the enrollment process at UTSA. Several essay must be submitted to the professors of the college and the GRE exam must be taken prior to hiring.
- No questions asked. I had many of the professors for class prior to hiring 1 Answer
No negotiation. Standard pay rates
- Accepted OfferAccepted Offer
Interview was straight forward for a position with the student affairs office. They asked the standard behavioral interview questions like why I thought I would be good for the position and what made me more qualified than other potential applicants. After the interview I was offered the position and attended a training session before employment.
- Who was a your favorite teacher growing up and why? Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day – interviewed at University of Texas System (Austin, TX (US)) in March 2012.
Submitted application, was invited to come in for a skills test before being considered. Then I was called to come in for an interview with two interviewers. I did well, however didn't have the experience they were looking for. The individuals I met were pleasant and engaging. I will look forward to another opportunity - seemed like a place I'd like to work for.
- What makes you a better candidate than someone with more experience in accounting? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks – interviewed at University of Texas System (Fort Worth, TX (US)) in March 2012.
Interviewed first on the phone and then in person. The phone interview was very basic but when I interviewed 1 on 1 the questions were a good bit more difficult. I didnt feel like I did all that well in the interview
- They asked me about integration broker and I was not at the time very fluid with it Answer Question
There was none, I accepeted
- No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days – interviewed at University of Texas System (Austin, TX (US)) in November 2011.
Phone screening then on campus visit. met 13 people including dean.
- What do you plan to do to contribute to this dept. your first year. 1 Answer
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review