University of Phoenix Interview Questions

Updated 2 Apr, 2015

2.8

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

I only had one interview and it lasted maybe about 10 minutes. I know this isn't typical for most of their interviews, but for some reason the manager really liked me off the bat and knew he wanted to hire me in that short time. Come to find out, he wasn't a great manager at all. So it'd probably be better to have a manager who asked more engaged questions.

Interview Questions

• Like I said, it was very simple and quick, but had questions like "what are your greatest strengths", etc... just some very basic, generic questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating for pay back then. At that time, they had a set salary and then you made commission % at a 6 month review for how your enrollment numbers were.

Adjunct Online Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix (Phoenix, AZ (US)).

Interview

Was done over the phone. Never met anyone in person. It was not very hard. I interviewed with several people from human resources and that worked for UOP. The interview process did not take very long.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix (Cleveland, OH (US)).

Interview

Long process, interview with several managers and directors. Asked several questions and to sell something right on the spot. Nothing too difficult, they really want to get to know you and your views on sales, and education

Negotiation

Non negotiable

Academic Counselor Interview

Interview

Panel interview, lots of people in a big room, several tables set up with different panels. behavioral based questions, pretty standard. seemed like everyone was in a hurry. granted, this was back in the day when UoP was really expanding.

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

Applied via website and took a timed listening assessment. Was emailed to set up a behavioral phone interview. About a week later was contacted to set up an in-person interview. Was offered the position about a week after the interview

Interview Questions

• When have you faced a difficult parent/student in the past?   Answer Question

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix in December 2014.

Interview

I completed an application online and was notified that an assessment needed to be completed. After completing the assessment, I received an e-mail about scheduling a phone interview. The phone interview was a series of behavioral questions and were rather easy. I received the opportunity to interview face-to-face at the Dallas location. I interviewed with one representative. Overall it seemed as if things went well. I was told that I would have a decision within 5 to 7 business days. During this waiting period a received an offer from another college closer to my home and I accepted it. I never heard anything back from University of Phoenix. I didn't receive a offer nor a denial.

Interview Questions

• How do you make a customer happy that you can't please?   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview

Interview covered basic questions but the most important aspect to remember is to connect your current experience to the class that you have applied to teach. There is only one interview that you will have but a writing assessment will be given, which will determine if you will be moved along in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• The dreaded question--identify a weakness about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary for this job is pretty firm.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at University of Phoenix (Arlington, TX (US)).

Interview

I applied for the job and waited may 2-3 weeks before I was invited to take the assessment. The assessment consisted of three parts in which one took a long time. It consisted of placing words in a box until there are none there. After I took the assessment, I was told that I had passed it. I waited another 2-3 weeks before receiving an invite for a phone interview. Obviously I did horrible in my phone interview because I received an email 1 week later stating that I had not been chosen to move forward in the interviewing process. Also she only asked 4 behavioral questions during the phone interview. She stated that during the face-to-face interview that they ask different questions and you can not use the same answers since they record your responses.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Interview

The process is fairly lengthy. It begins with an initial phone interview, then online assessment, and the last round is in-person. The interviews last somewhere between 30 minutes to an hour. Most of the interview questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Example questions:
         Tell me a time you dealt with an irate customer?
         Tell me a time you solved a problem in a create way?

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Interview

1st you take an assessment after you pass that you get an email asking you to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview they will set up a time for you to met with the hiring manager face to face.

Interview Questions

• They ask me questions regarding things I have done on my previous jobs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none