University of Phoenix

Updated 9 Dec, 2014
Updated 9 Dec, 2014

2.8

Enrollment Counselor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

I only had one interview and it lasted maybe about 10 minutes. I know this isn't typical for most of their interviews, but for some reason the manager really liked me off the bat and knew he wanted to hire me in that short time. Come to find out, he wasn't a great manager at all. So it'd probably be better to have a manager who asked more engaged questions.

Interview Questions
    • Like I said, it was very simple and quick, but had questions like "what are your greatest strengths", etc... just some very basic, generic questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiating for pay back then. At that time, they had a set salary and then you made commission % at a 6 month review for how your enrollment numbers were.

Academic Counselor Interview

Panel interview, lots of people in a big room, several tables set up with different panels. behavioral based questions, pretty standard. seemed like everyone was in a hurry. granted, this was back in the day when UoP was really expanding.

Admissions Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Applied via website and took a timed listening assessment. Was emailed to set up a behavioral phone interview. About a week later was contacted to set up an in-person interview. Was offered the position about a week after the interview

Interview Questions
    • When have you faced a difficult parent/student in the past?   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview covered basic questions but the most important aspect to remember is to connect your current experience to the class that you have applied to teach. There is only one interview that you will have but a writing assessment will be given, which will determine if you will be moved along in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • The dreaded question--identify a weakness about yourself.   Answer Question
    The salary for this job is pretty firm.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at University of Phoenix.

I applied for the job and waited may 2-3 weeks before I was invited to take the assessment. The assessment consisted of three parts in which one took a long time. It consisted of placing words in a box until there are none there. After I took the assessment, I was told that I had passed it. I waited another 2-3 weeks before receiving an invite for a phone interview. Obviously I did horrible in my phone interview because I received an email 1 week later stating that I had not been chosen to move forward in the interviewing process. Also she only asked 4 behavioral questions during the phone interview. She stated that during the face-to-face interview that they ask different questions and you can not use the same answers since they record your responses.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

The process is fairly lengthy. It begins with an initial phone interview, then online assessment, and the last round is in-person. The interviews last somewhere between 30 minutes to an hour. Most of the interview questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Example questions:
         Tell me a time you dealt with an irate customer?
         Tell me a time you solved a problem in a create way?

Answer Question
    No negotiation

Enrollment Advisor Interview

1st you take an assessment after you pass that you get an email asking you to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview they will set up a time for you to met with the hiring manager face to face.

Interview Questions
    • They ask me questions regarding things I have done on my previous jobs.   Answer Question
    none

PC Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

Panel interview with IT director, manager, network admin, and other department heads. Questions were asked about how to handle to certain issues/problems. How to trouble shoot basic pc issues. How to deal with more advanced networking issues and what steps I would take to resolve.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected questions "Why are man hole covers round?" "If you were a carrot in a salad and were about to be eaten what would you do?"   Answer Question
    No negotiation at all. Pay was less then my previous employer.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix in November 2014.

I received an email that said if i applied to this job then I would get an interview. So I applied and then was directed to a set of online tests. My score was never disclosed, the tests were not necessary difficult just time consuming. I was then scheduled for a phone interview, it lasted around 30 minutes. All the questions were the behavior based tell me a time when ... happened using the star format. I feel like the questions were pretty generic and I could have easily made things up to make myself look better but I was honest and used recent examples for my answers. A couple days later I received a rejection letter.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to manage a difficult situation, what was the situation and what did I do in that situation.   Answer Question

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix in November 2014.

I applied for the position online and immediately received an assessment. After completing the assessment, it took a few days to receive an email from the Apollo Group about scheduling. It was hard to find a good time to interview because their times were all during the day, but we found one after two weeks. The final interview is typically a week later.

The interview questions that will secure the job for you are all behavioral. I had to explain a challenging time, a time when things were better than expected, a time when you have to please a customer, and another that I can remember. I would google behavioral interview questions if you were unfamiliar.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when something you developed turned out better than expected. Where did you work, what was the project, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate the salary because of my education and transferable skills but you can only negotiate if you have been in a same or similar role with the last year. This is my first position in higher education so I took a pay cut.