University of Phoenix

Relevance Date Difficulty

Academic Counselor Interview

Academic Counselor
Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview Details There were two parts. First I interviewed with a panel of all directors, which lasted about 40 minutes. Then I had an interview with the hiring manager and another director which lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Question – I anticipated all the questions that were asked. If you do your homework, the interviews should not be difficult at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy, the hiring manager was nice.

Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in June 2010.

Interview Details You will get a call unexpectedly, if you answer be prepared to start the interview immediately. I would advise not answering and calling back when you are prepared. The face to face interview was easy, that really comes down to whether the interviewer likes you or not. Either way, if you can make it past the phone interview, you probably have a great shot at getting past the face to face.

Interview Question – How would you handle a student who wanted to quit school after they received their first Pell Check disbursement?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Outbound Contact Specialist Interview

Outbound Contact Specialist
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I interviewed at University of Phoenix in June 2014.

Interview Details Multiple phone interviews with Talent Acquisition. One face to face interview with a hiring manager that lasted no more than 10 minutes. She was given two specific questions to ask me ahead of time so there was nothing to discuss or explain. Made me think her role is that of a puppet.

Interview Question – There was nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No "negotiation phase". It was more like this is the offer, sign if you accept.

Bakersfield, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in July 2014.

Interview Details Applied online a week letter I received an email to take three assessments. After passing the assessments there is a phone interview, after successfully passing the phone interview you will move on to the face-to-face interview.

The face to face interview is a panel consisting of two people. It is a behavioral type of interview most questions begin with "Describe a time when you....". They are looking for a specific answer and if you do not give them the answer they are looking for they WILL write you off.

My tips for you: Know the position and what it entails and be able to explain exactly what the position is and how potential students are contacted. Also, study all of the questions on here and have an answer that relates to what they are looking for. The director told me they are seeking a hard-working, self-starter.

Interview Question – Describe a time you used time management and what steps did you use. Describe a time you used logic and good judgement.   Answer Question

Enrollment Representative Interview

Enrollment Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview Details I have applied for 2 positions, one is still in the loop. the other one got rejected.

Submitted a resume online, and received an online assignment email next day. I took the online tests and they sent me an auto-rejection email a weeks after.

Academic Counselor Interview

Academic Counselor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview Details They often hire if you have a connection. They call you and and you come in for one interview and then you go through a process of screening that takes a long time ( approximately three weeks to a month) then they call you and offer you the job.

Interview Question – I am a gym member who is thinking of leaving, convince me to stay.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – non, you take what they offer.

Virginia Beach, VA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview Details The interview was unorthodox and not very professional. The Director at the time was very standoffish and relayed the interview to the managers on staff. It turns out that he was not skilled in interviewing or hiring.

Interview Question – Did I wear an African head wrap because I was a Muslim?   View Answer

Director of Enrollment Interview

Director of Enrollment

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in January 2010.

Interview Details I was an internal candidate so my previous performance was looked at before I was considered for the position. The first round was on the phone, then I was flown to Atlanta, GA for an interview with the Campus Director. I was then showed around the campus and met with the peers I would be working with.

Interview Question – How would I handle an irate counselor.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online and interviewed at University of Phoenix.

Interview Details I had one interview and it was a behavior based interview. They like to hear that you're confident and you need to make sure you ask a follow up question.

Interview Question – Most difficult situation was being confronted about gossip that was not true. Also, a lot of the students get upset about how long the financial process takes and it is out of your control   Answer Question

Enrollment Advisor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Phoenix in May 2014.

Interview Details I applied online, and they send links to 3 online assessments. I received an e-mail about a week later to set up a phone interview. They were all behavioral questions, and things about past employment. I was told I would be contacted with in several days.

Interview Question – Name a work related situation where you went above and beyond to fix a mistake.   Answer Question

Worked for University of Phoenix? Contribute to the Community!