University of North Carolina

Updated 6 Nov, 2014
Updated 6 Nov, 2014

2.7

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of North Carolina.

One round of technical interview and 30 mins of HR interview. In technical round there was a skill test to prove the coding knowledge. HR round is to check our presentation skills and personality check.

Media Technician Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at University of North Carolina.

Started out working temp. Found the job initially by looking in the local college paper for openings. Looking at university temping agency will work too. Likely a permanent position will open for you soon after. Permanent position openings can be found at UNC HR website. The permanent hire process can take three or four months.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty quick, simply interview about previous experience with audio/video. Permanent position interviews will ask standard interview questions and also technical troubleshooting scenarios and how you handle them. Eg. What would you do if you if the projector in the classroom wasn't showing video?   Answer Question
    Salary is set according to position (government banding)

Postdoctoral Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at University of North Carolina.

I sent out an email to the prof I wanted to work for. He had an available position and said I met the qualifications. Flew out for in-person interview two months afterwards. Offered and accepted position. Easy peazy.

Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of North Carolina.

Brief 30 minute phone screen. That was followed by a day of half hour interviews with the entire staff. The decision came very quickly. They want to make sure you are a good fit for the team.

Associate Dean/CIO Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of North Carolina in July 2014.

The interview process consisted of a 30 minute panel phone interview. The second round was a two panel, one hour interview and then a Q/A period with the team.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was how would you respond to a request to deploy a technology, which is against your policies and procedures.   View Answer

Assistant Interview

Online Application Submit Schedule Match Schedule with available positions add qualifications and skills

I would like to work

Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of North Carolina.

I was offered the teaching position as part of my graduate student package when I applied for graduate school at UNC-Chapel Hill. I first received an email expressing interest in my academic credentials from my potential adviser, which was followed by a 40-minute phone interview with the same person about a week later. We had a professional albeit pleasant conversation discussing my reasons for going to graduate school. After the phone interview I was told that he would need to discuss the results with other members of the hiring committee. After about one more week, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is the reason for wanting to go to graduate school at UNC-Chapel Hill.   Answer Question

Night Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of North Carolina in December 2013.

You apply online and are asked to have an interview with you and the employer(s) (depending on department) and they are friendly and casual in their questioning.

Interview Questions
    I received an e-mail that I got the position and was given the date and time for training.

University Cashier Interview

Work-Study and Temporary Student Position interview. Met with two of the managers and was asked about my previous experience and what i would contribute to the culture at the job. Was asked how I worked with people of diverse backgrounds and how I worked with peers. Was a very laid-back interview that took place in the middle of the workday on-site. Took all of maybe 30 minutes to complete.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in which you had to confront a friend or peer.   Answer Question
    No Negotiation.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Submit resume to PIs with potential openings