University of Missouri Interview Questions

Updated 5 Oct, 2014
Updated 5 Oct, 2014

2.3

University of Missouri Front Desk Worker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of Missouri.

The hiring and interviewing process was very relaxed and informal. I was interviewed by current Desk Attendants and Supervisors. I enjoyed the interview process and the current staff members were very informative about the position and its benefits. The interview also gave me valuable insight into the type of experiences that current Desk Attendant encounter. I enjoyed the interview and I would suggest and advice anyone applying for this position to just speak from your experiences and be honest.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of customer service based questions related to past experiences   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

First emailed the director of football operations to set up the meeting with one of the graduate assistants. When it came time for the interview, I went up to the facility and sat with the GA for about 15 minutes while he explained the job and asked me questions.

Interview Questions
    • How will you be able to handle working here and staying committed to your education   Answer Question

Media Relations Asitant Interview

Application submitted then I waited for about a week and I recieved a phone call asking to come into their office for an interview. it was a one on one in person interview, wa very informal but the interviewer was a great guy and made you feel comfortable working there.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Missouri.

Process took around 2+ weeks and I met with the hiring manager, and HR representatives, and spoke about the qualifications and why I was a good fit for the organization.

Interview Questions
    • Very standard questions. Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    Not negotiable.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

you have to undergo GTA workshop

Interview Questions
    • Make a 10mins presentation of whatever topic you choose to teach   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at University of Missouri.

I was assigned as a teaching assistant when I was accepted the offer.

I did not negotiate.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

At the very beginning, I was told that I need to find an assistantship by myself. Then, I was told that I would have 0.25 assistantship working as a graduate teaching assistant.

Interview Questions
    • Since I was assigned as a graduate teaching assistant, it was hard for me to answer this question.   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of Missouri.

In math department, since they need lots of people to teach, you basically just need to show them that you have the ability to teach. There are basically just one part in the interview process: mini teaching demo. You need to prepare for a 10 to 15 mins presentation for college algebra level material. You don't have to finish all the stuff they give you (they will email you the material 1 to 2 weeks ahead of time.) just go as slow and as detailed as possible.

Interview Questions
    • Not so much. Just pretend you are a good elementary school teacher   Answer Question

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University City, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in University City, MO (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Missouri in October 2013.

ask me couple of questions about customer services and do some math problems with calculator

Advancement Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at University of Missouri in June 2013.

Initial phone screening followed by panel interview and often there is a 3rd interview with the department head and hiring manager. Interview process takes an average of 2-3 months. Panel interviewers have a set of 9 questions to ask each candidate - you may do well to expand upon each of the questions to the fullest extent.

Interview Questions
    • You will be asked to describe in 'metrics' your success in previous positions held.   Answer Question
    No negotiation for this entry level position. 1 year long competitive nonprofit fundraising residency program start-finish. They do offer flex-scheduling and overtime compensation.