University of Minnesota

Updated 16 Nov, 2014
Updated 16 Nov, 2014

2.6

Community Program Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at University of Minnesota.

The process took about 5 weeks. I applied online and got a call about two weeks after. Went through two in-person interviews. The first one was with three supervisors, who I would be working under if I was to get the position. The second interview was with a PI and one of the supervisors from the first interview.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Minnesota.

Was lucky to have a connection for the position. I submitted by application and interviewed within the next 2 weeks and was notified of my hire within the next week. Quick turn-around.

Interview Questions
    • How would you use what you've learned and apply it to this position?   Answer Question

Program Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of Minnesota.

Can take very long since this is essentially working for the state. LOTS of applicants for every job. Applicants are initially screened by Central HR to see if you meet the basic requirements. Then, applicants are sent to the departments for review. I have worked in a few departments at the U now and I noticed that positions that are in the Academic Health Center or Medical School is much more rigorous when it comes to the interviewing process then in the Liberal Arts or something else.

Interview Questions
    • What was one thing you did in your old job that demonstrated innovation?   Answer Question
    Department went through HR so that they did not need to have that "difficult conversation" about salary.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Minnesota.

Few letters of recommendations from former mentors qualified me for this position as they were acquaintances with the PI. It took 2 weeks after initial contacts to receive an offer and paperwork from the HR.

No negotiation regarding the salary-benefits and insurance

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at University of Minnesota.

Applied online through official website, talked to future advisor through Skype before coming. My advisor is quite easy-going and didn't have too many questions since I don't speak English as first language. I received offer within 3 months

Graduate Research Assistant PhD Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of Minnesota.

telephone interview. two professors vs me. questioned about previous research experiences, research interests, how did I know about UofM, long term career goal. very relaxed atmosphere, lasted about 20~30 minutes. get offer letter the next day of the interview.

not ranked as high as this institute

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Minnesota.

Applied through online system. Got an phone interview in 1 month. the phone talk is within 10 mins. Mainly about my previous research experience. The interviewer is pretty nice, no tricky questions, pretty informal talk. I think that the phone interview is mainly about testing my communication skills.

Adjunct Professor Interview

I was a Masters student when I was asked to apply for an adjunct assistant professor position. I think I was in the right place at the right time because someone else had just given their notice. I was offered the position before it was posted online. It was opened, I applied and the posting was closed.

Not much to negotiate in my department. Everyone who is adjunct makes the same salary. Perks are in the form of lighter teaching loads or release time.

Radiologic Technologist Interview

Hiring process was quick and easy. Be sure to show up on time, but not too early (10 minutes prior). Be prepared for any question asked, and in return be ready to ask a few of your own questions. Be engaged in the interview, show your interest in the company. Most importantly be yourself!

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you and a co-worker had a disagreement. How did it end?   View Answer

Community Program Specialist/Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at University of Minnesota.

It was a quick and easy interview. Met with my direct supervisor/boss and it was a great way to get to know/feel what to expect from the company.

Interview Questions
    • How comfortable are you using interpreters to obtain research data from patients/subjecst?   Answer Question