University of Michigan

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Student

I applied online and interviewed at University of Michigan.

Interview Details Campus interview from a professor. About 50+ students got this inteview. Ask about research experience in details, walk through cv, no other technical questions. there is a recorder as back up

Graduate Student

I applied online and interviewed at University of Michigan.

Interview Details I was interviewed in China by one faculty and one staff member from the department. The time duration was about 45 minutes, I think. They opened with greetings and asked me about my ride, etc. possibly to calm me down, but I would say I responding hastily and precisely in English was not so easy for me, at least not back then. They moved on to ask me about my undergraduate education and research and why I want to come to Michigan.

I asked about the weather in Ann Arbor when it was my turn to ask questions... well, I understand the look on their faces now :)

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, mostly what you put on your resume.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Ann Arbor, MI (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at University of Michigan in April 2010.

Interview Details My adviser asked me if I want to work for him. I said yes. That's it.

Interview Question – Do you want to work for me?   Answer Question

Ann Arbor, MI (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at University of Michigan in February 2011.

Interview Details Initial communication was great. However, unfortunately, the requirements were not met entirely. Make sure to review the requirements prior to applying and proceeding to the interview stage.

Interview Questions

Worked for University of Michigan? Contribute to the Community!