University of Alberta Interview Questions

Updated 29 Aug, 2014
Updated 29 Aug, 2014

2.7

Research Assistant Interview

emailed one of the prof in my department, got an email back and schedule for a meeting. Then gave him my transcript and discussed about project details. After that I got the position but need to write application for funding support. I got the funding anyway from the faculty so its all good

Project Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at University of Alberta.

Had two phone interviews with business office and direct manager. Additional in-person interview with senior management/director. Interviews were relatively formal in nature and lasted approx. 30 minutes each. The job offer was made and was given few days to accept the position. Overall from interviews to starting position took ~20 days.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe your process for starting clinical trials from beginning to end phases.   Answer Question
    Not much leeway for negotiations

Researcher Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at University of Alberta.

I do not have any information about hiring.

Research Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Alberta.

Initially communicated with a professor whose work I was very interested in.
    He ended up finding me a position using some of the budget money to work as a researcher and programmer for one of his research groups.
    The interview was one on-site interview where I was asked a few technical questions in a room with the professor and two senior developers for a similar research group.
    I was offered the job right after.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not particularly difficult, the interviewers were focused on the problem solving process predominantly.   Answer Question

Bio Statistician Interview

They will give you an interview very soon. Most quesions are about the behaviour quesions. For the technique quesions, they just focus on the projects they did.

Graduate Student Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at University of Alberta.

The only interview experience I have is with the current graduate supervisor. Really the interview was just a feel for the supervisor to see if I would be a good fit with his team.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Alberta in June 2013.

I applied for the position, and was contacted a few days later for an interview the following week. The interview consisted of a panel, and then half an hour to complete a mock email to a prospective student. After the interview, I was phoned the next day and offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were all easy and straightforward behavioral interview questions. The mock email was based on a fairly straightforward question about admission to the Faculty of Arts. The information was easily found in the provided University calendar, although the interviewer said that the tone of the email would be most important.   Answer Question

Lab Proctor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at University of Alberta in August 2012.

The questions include:
    Briefly introduce yourself? What makes you fit this position? How much do you know this position? Will you be able to work in the evenings and weekends? Will you like teamwork? Do you have any related working experience? Do you have any concern about this job? Which personality do you like and why?

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at University of Alberta in May 2012.

I had a one-day interview. I did a presentation for about an hour in the morning. about 20 people attended the talk. Had lunch with the department head and dinner with some other faculty members. The overall interview experience was quite pleasant.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

I applied online - interviewed at University of Alberta in May 2011.

Applied through e-mail, got answer back very quickly, had a lengthy phone interview was offered the job on the spot

No negotiation

Worked for University of Alberta? Contribute to the Community!