UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions

2.8

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2013.

Very easy interview given by a couple of senior managers that did not seem very educated in HR or interviewing process. They asked what seemed to be some very standard questions giving little thought to actually explaining the role and then offered me the job on the spot. I told them that i would think about it then decided to turn them down because I had serious reservations about the management.

No confidence in management

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

The hiring process with UHG is rigorous. It is imperative you apply for a position that best matches your skills and qualifications, as the recruiters take great measures in finding appropriate talent for available positions. I started off the application process by applying online. I took the assessment that consisted of a simulator type system that involved a role playing process of the position. You take a few inbound calls, perform data entry while listening to the caller, and choosing (multiple choice) solutions to their questions. About a week after I applied, I received an invitation to complete a Digital Interview that is conducted through a company called HireVue. This was a first for me, and I found it very interesting. It consists of 3 behavioral type questions in which you are given 30 seconds to think of your response, and 3 minutes to answer the question. Before you begin, it will give you plenty of practice questions so you may feel comfortable when the real deal begins. Remember, the recruiters can share this with as many people as they would like. Be professional, smile, do NOT look at yourself talking. Keep eye contact with the camera. Just be YOU! Once I completed my digital interview, 2 days later I received a call from a recruiter wanting to set up a telephone interview. It lasted for about 45 minutes.In the telephone interview, you will discuss your professional background and what you are looking for within the company. You will be asked numerous behavioral questions. My best advice to you is to be prepared for anything. Know why you want to be a part of UHG. Read up on their culture values, mission..It will definitely benefit you and show the recruiter that you have done your homework. At the end of my telephone interview, the recruiter stated she was going to move my application forward in the hiring process, and I would soon be hearing from the hiring manager to set up a face to face. After about a week, I finally heard from the recruiter asking when I would be available for face to face. I received my face to face interview on Thursday, Sept. 18th. The hiring manager brought in a laptop in which she recorded my responses. We talked about previous employment, my skills and qualifications, what I could bring to UHG, what set me aside from other candidates, WHY UHG, along with going over the position and what it entailed. The interview took about 45 minutes to complete. She was very pleasant and made me feel very comfortable while being in "the hot seat". I want to applaud UHG for being so professional and compassionate through this process. I must admit, there were plenty of times I became discouraged, as the process seems to take forever. Especially when you really, really want the job! Just be patient. Great things come to those who wait. Be sure to utilize the resources available to you such as the UHG career website including your job page, reach out to HR Direct for any questions, and also the Live Recruiter Chat. Also be sure to check all of your e-mail folders as some can get caught in the Junk Mail file. The recruiters are more than happy to help you and can usually give some good insight as to where you are in the hiring process. Good luck to everyone!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to explain something complex to a customer.   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time you helped an irate customer and what did you do to handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you achieved something great in the workplace.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be a part of UHG?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went out of your way to help a stranger. Why did you do it?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation necessary. The offer was more than I was expecting it to be! Definitely a plus!

UAT Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

I filled the application online. After a week I got an email from HireVue to take an online one way digital interview. This is easy step. All you need is computer with webcam and lot of confidence. They provide you enough time to rehearse with practice questions. Please make sure of your background. Wall should be plain and not busy, as this video is watched by lot of hiring people within the company. Make sure that you are presentable as you would be for face to face interview. Also make sure the room is well lighted ( no flashy light behind you or window). They asked 3 simple questions. First, Explain when you had a difficult or complex situation at work and how you handled it. Second, how would you handle multiple project with multiple deadline. Third, a time when you have to start a project from ground zero and how you did that. I have yet to hear back from the UHG recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • These are common questions for technical interview so I was not surprised.   View Answers (2)
    didn't find it necessary to negotiate

RN Case Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

I had one interview with this company and found it to be a pleasant experience. The recruiter called for a short interviwe, set up with the hiring manager and got back in touch within two days. The time between acceptance of the position and actual start date was prolong by the company. The hiring process can be lengthy.

Interview Questions
    • What example can you give and how did you handle conflict resolution.   Answer Question
    Salary negotiation was completed within 1 week of interview.

Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Several jobs popped up in my town (which never happens), so I applied for all of them. Within a day or 2, I got emails to take the assessments related to the jobs I applied for. I took, then at the end of the week saw there was going to be job fair the next week.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you dealt with someone unethical, and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Claim Appeals Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA (US)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter the next day. She basically told me about the job specifics and asked a few questions regarding the job qualifications. Afterwards, she gave me the option to do either a phone interview or a digital interview.

I chose to do the digital interview, which basically was a one-way video interview where they asked me 4 different questions. At the start of each question, they give you 30 seconds to prepare your answer and then it starts recording you for up to 3 minutes. They let you practice with practice questions beforehand to get you used to the process. You can do the digital interview on your own time, which was convenient. You just have to complete it within 48 hours.

The next day, I was contacted by the same recruiter who said I passed the digital interview and wanted to schedule a brief phone interview with another recruiter. This interview is fairly simple. They ask you about the different positions that you have held within the last 7 years... How much you were making, your primary responsibilities, etc. If they feel you are qualified, they will call you back to schedule a face to face interview with the hiring manager. The recruiter ended up calling me 2 hours after I finished the phone interview to schedule my face to face for the following Monday.

I went to the office building for my face to face interview. Be sure to arrive at least 15 minutes early, dress professionally, bring copies of your resume and make sure you ask for the hiring manager by name! I had my interview, which was also fairly simple. The hiring manager went over the job specifics again, what was expected, and then asked me a few questions such as why I wanted to work there, what my career aspirations are, etc. At the end of the interview, I asked him a few questions. Be sure to have your questions prepared beforehand. Do your research on UHG and ask intelligent questions! He told me he thought I was a good fit and said that he would talk to the recruiter regarding his feedback. I was told to expect something within the next week or so.

Two days later, I got a phone call offering me the job! I am currently awaiting the background check and drug test. Overall, it was a very good experience! Very professional, efficient and easy. Recruiters were very helpful in the process and made it an overall pleasant experience. Good luck!!!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you made a mistake and had to apologize to someone.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you experienced someone else doing something unethical.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

A recruiter emailed me to discuss the job and the pay and when the training class starts. I was asked to fill out some paper work and email the signed paper work back to them. After that they said they were going to call me if they want to further the process.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

First did a Hirevue online interview (3 easy questions), then a phone interview with HR, then an in person with the hiring manager, and finally an in person with team members.

I thought everything went well, but haven't heard from them in almost a month, aside from a standard email saying I'm still under consideration. Very disappointing.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have experience with XYZ?
      What makes you a good fit.
        Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

I applied on line. Took the assessment. Four days later I got a call from recruiter, they left a voicemail calling about my application. I called back, got recruiter's vm saying they would call me back in order my call was received, this was their busiest time of year. About a week and a half later got call back from recruiter. They went over what the job responsibilities entailed, training dates, schedule, pay. Asked if I was ok with all of it. I said I was. Scheduled for a phone interview with a recruiter the following week, said it would be an hour going over my resume. Recruiter asked behavior ?'s. There was a fire drill 1/2 way thru my interview. Rec called me back. Got e-mail next day saying I didn't get the job. I believe my last job salary precluded me (it was twice the offer from uhg.)

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had an irate customer. How did you handle them and turn them around?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative OptumX Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

EXTREMELY LONG INTERVIEW PROCESS. RECRUITERS ARE HORRIBLE. I applied to united health group took the assessment and 2 weeks later i received an email to respond if i was still interested in the position and to make sure my profile was up to date. A week after that i received a email letting me know i would be getting an email from HIRE VIEW to complete a video interview. a week after that I FINALLY RECEIVED THE VIDEO INTERVIEW LINK and a call from the recruiter letting me know they sent me a link for the video interview and i could opt to complete that or a phone interview. I completed my video interview and left a voicemail with the recruiter that i had completed the video interview and to contact me with further steps to the hiring process. It has been over a week and i have yet to hear anything back from united health group, Usually in this case I would assume I just didn't get the job but my profile with united health is under the status "interviewing" so I'm assuming I'm still under consideration. No one likes to be stung along when it comes to job searching and since i took time out of my life to complete all these requests, emails, assessments, video interviewing, It would just be respectful to update applicants on their status or even a little courtesy email would be nice! I have sent 2 follow up emails just nicely asking the status, decision, start date? STILL NOTHING! Not one phone call! Not one easy email! Just pure silence! Its wrong, i am really exceed about working for United Health group but my goodness, I've never had a Job process be so strung out!

I have not received a job offer yet! I'm still here just waiting..and it isn't fair. No one likes being ignored!