Unilever Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

3.1

Assistant CMI Manager Interview

2 rounds of interviews, feels quite informal. they are looking for people who are passionate, curious and forward thinking. the hiring process was slightly longer as it requires two or three layers of approval.

Interview Questions
    • Many were standard interviewing questions, nothing too out of the blue   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Unilever.

I had applied online where i submitted my CV, as well as answered some personality questions, If accepted get through to the next stages which included numerical tests which are pretty difficult due to the time restraints 18mins for 18 questions.

Supply Chain Interview

The whole process was all about competency questions. Phone interview was with someone from the HR department and it felt very artificial. I didn't enjoy it at all. The interviewer was typing my answer up as I was speaking which was very annoying and created long gaps in-between questions. They did not seem to have the knowledge of the position I applied for.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the time when you had to persuade your team to follow your idea.   Answer Question

Scientistg Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Unilever in September 2013.

Online application.
    HR phone call ( to check interests in this position only and available dates for technical phone interview)
    Hiring manager phone call ( to know about background)
    On site interview : Presentation( based on my previous project works) and one to oner interviews ( with other scientists, managers and so one)

Not too many technical questions.
    Most of them are "HR" questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rotterdam (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rotterdam (Netherlands)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in February 2014.

Had one interview with my current manager and one manager from the team that I am closely working with currently. The interview was about an hour long and it was very relaxing with more or less standard questions.

Interview Questions
    • More or less standard interview questions. Had to do an excel test, however, the test was more to see how I approach a situation where I don't know what to do and therefore how I deal with difficulties and unknowns.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Manufacturing Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Unilever.

One on campus interview with two interviewers. Interview was behavioral and lasted about 30 minutes. I was contacted after the interview with an offer letter containing the internship location and salary.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with conflict on your team.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Unilever Future Leaders Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Unilever.

First to complete online application. This was followed by an hour telephone conversation. Questions were all competency based putting the candidate in different situations though out. The usual sort of questions, no curve balls. got the opportunity to ask questions at the end but the lady on the end of the phone wasn't able to answer it, and didn't know much to be honest because she was just in recruitment. I failed, but if i was to do this again, i would try and have got more key words in my speech to keep her hungry for more.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions, the usual competency based question stuff   Answer Question

Sustainable Sourcing Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in April 2014.

Initial communication - Recruiter messages on LinkedIn for the position. I mailed in my CV for an initial discussion and understanding of the role
    Initial call with recruiter - Roles and responsibilities, current compensation, expected compensation, reporting structure discussed. I was told that the profile has been put up for consideration, and next call with the Director is to be scheduled in two weeks.

There was no acknowledgement of the email after the initial call, nor was there any response for a follow up email two weeks later. After another follow up, I got an email saying they have other candidates, and my application is no longer under consideration.

My view is that they already had a candidate in mind, and they just sought out other resumes. Not a transparent selection process.

Interview Questions
    • It was only an initial call with the recruiter. They did not even schedule the next call as promised.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Unilever.

2 rounds of interviews

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Unilever.

Interviewed through campus recruiting. People were nice and very positive

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time that you encounted conflict and how you resolved it.   Answer Question