Unilever Interview Questions

Updated 23 Apr, 2015

3.1

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

Online application followed by a numerical reasoning test and what is basically a comprehension test. Time limits for the tests are very tight, I didn't even get close to finishing. However the actual questions are relatively easy. Following this there was a 30 minute phone interview, completely based around the 5 standards on leadership, one question on each. Following this there is an assessment day held in London. Here there were 3 activities, a face to face interview, a case study and a group discussion activity. The interview was quite informal. The case study was particularly challenging, had to from a collection of documents address 3 main issues a fictional company was having when merging with a smaller company. Particularly challenging due to the time limit of 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time where you had an idea and needed to get the support of others? How did you go about it?   Answer Question
    • Who would you say was the main market rival of Unilever? What is it about Unilever that attracts you over them?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unilever (Fayetteville, AR (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with them at the career fair, filled out a profile on their iPads, as well as handed in an application. Got a call for an interview 3 days later. Was very laid back, the group interviewers were very professional and not so aggressive or intimidating. Was a great experience. Definitely nothing to be worried about if you have researched the company.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you were in a difficult situation and had to act quickly   Answer Question

Programmer Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Unilever (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Online application the form requires a lot of detail but that's actually quite good. I had a phone call and email to arrange Skype interview. After interview didn't hear back and emailed for feedback. Still no response.

Interview Questions

• Questions around their leadership behaviours   1 Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

The interview was conducted by two employees. It was more like a conversation rather than an interview. Very straightforward questions. The interview questions were more focused on leadership and what I can bring to the organization. I was not even a supply chain major but still received an offer. Amazing turn around. Got an offer a few days after interviewing.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

Interview

I met with them through university and went to their information session and career fair booth. they contacted me a week later to have an interview the next day. the interview was with the same guy from the information session so I had already made a connection. Really easy behavioral questions emphasize your leadership roles and ask lots of questions

Interview Questions

• what is your most influential item on your resume and why   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

The interview process follow 4 stage process: Fist of all the CV screening, if you are successful there is the telephone interview. If you are successful the Assessment Day where it will be needed to spend all day in the ofices with different activities and personal interviews and finally, if you are successful you will have the Job offer.

Interview Questions

• Competitors of Unilever, and what Unilever does different.   Answer Question

Associate Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

Interview

2 rounds of Interview:
    1st - with a recruiter; she will ask about your background; give information on Unilever and hiring process.
    2nd - with hiring manager and another person in the team

Overall, the questions asked by the recruiter were harder than the hiring manager.
    The hiring manager was very laid back and made you feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• 1) why are looking for another job?
      2) what is your greatest strength?

Answer Question

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate the salary but wouldn't budge, so I negotiated my vacation days

Supply Chain () Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Unilever in February 2015.

Interview

- 2 online tests
    - a 10 min phone interview (mainly about what you know about unilever and why you want to join the function you've applied)
    - assessment centre which consisted of 3 parts -- Individual interview (mainly on behavioural questions, about 30 minutes), a case study (individual. 15 mins for preparation, 15 mins to present it to an interviewer), another case study (group, given some time to read on your own, and assessors will then watch your discussion in the group).

Interview Questions

• What do you know about unilever?
      Have you been a role model to anyone?
      How have you made someone, who in your opinion has not been contributing to the team, to contribute?
      Who are the competitors of unilever? and what are the competing goods?

Marketing Interview

Interview

The interview was about 30 minutes long and was mainly behavioral. I was also asked to critique a few advertisements. The interviewer was very nice, but it seemed like they really wanted succinct and direct answers since the interview was so short. I did not receive an offer from them.

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unilever (Pleasanton, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Human resource will make the initial contact to set up an phone interview (phone screen interview) within a few days you will be notified if you have been selected for the next interview round. The 2nd and last interview will be one on one with the hiring manager. The interview is more of a conversation and the hiring manager wants to understand if you are a good fit for the job.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about yourself
      -What do you believe an employer owes an employee
      -Tell me about a time you received criticism from a team member
      -Tell me about one of your weaknesses
      -Tell me about a time u had to use financial data to make a decision
      -why do you want to work for us