Unilever Interview Questions

Updated 29 Sep, 2014
Updated 29 Sep, 2014

3.1

Manufacturing Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Unilever.

One on campus interview with two interviewers. Interview was behavioral and lasted about 30 minutes. I was contacted after the interview with an offer letter containing the internship location and salary.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with conflict on your team.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Unilever Future Leaders Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Unilever.

First to complete online application. This was followed by an hour telephone conversation. Questions were all competency based putting the candidate in different situations though out. The usual sort of questions, no curve balls. got the opportunity to ask questions at the end but the lady on the end of the phone wasn't able to answer it, and didn't know much to be honest because she was just in recruitment. I failed, but if i was to do this again, i would try and have got more key words in my speech to keep her hungry for more.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions, the usual competency based question stuff   Answer Question

Assistant Expert Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Unilever in May 2014.

One first telephonic interview with a RH, and then an interview with the manager. The process for an answer is very long but the RH when he selects you he gives you advice to well manage the other interview. There is a good listening of applicant even if the decision is long.

Interview Questions
    • No surprise, it was all how they told me before, conversation about my motivations, my formation and my experiences and about the mission of the internship.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Unilever.

2 rounds of interviews

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Unilever.

Interviewed through campus recruiting. People were nice and very positive

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time that you encounted conflict and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Global Brand Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Unilever.

Usually for low levels there is a full assessment process involving multiple candidates (4 or +) and assessors (4). For more experienced people it is the usual multiple interviews with directs and indirects (HR) future co-workers.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions per se, apart from competencies for immediate job success, the interviews/assessments objective is mostly for checking if the candidate will fit well form a behavioral and cultural perpective.   Answer Question
    Standard conditions as entry level marketer.

Supply Chain Planner Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Unilever.

applied through the career fair at my school, was contacted about a month later for an interview. pretty standard interview, nothing surprising.

Interview Questions
    • what will the biggest challenge for you be when you come into the working world   Answer Question

Supply Chain Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Unilever.

Knowing an internal connection will help

Summer Intern Interview

Process took 2 weeks. Interviewed with HR Director and questions were straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you as a summer intern and what are going to be your contributions.   Answer Question

Sustainable Sourcing Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in April 2014.

Initial communication - Recruiter messages on LinkedIn for the position. I mailed in my CV for an initial discussion and understanding of the role
    Initial call with recruiter - Roles and responsibilities, current compensation, expected compensation, reporting structure discussed. I was told that the profile has been put up for consideration, and next call with the Director is to be scheduled in two weeks.

There was no acknowledgement of the email after the initial call, nor was there any response for a follow up email two weeks later. After another follow up, I got an email saying they have other candidates, and my application is no longer under consideration.

My view is that they already had a candidate in mind, and they just sought out other resumes. Not a transparent selection process.

Interview Questions
    • It was only an initial call with the recruiter. They did not even schedule the next call as promised.   Answer Question