Unilever

Updated 25 Feb, 2015

3.1

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Unilever.

There're four steps in total, can be different depend on which country.

1. Online Essay and Online Test (IQ) - You can do both at your home. You'll have to send an Essay with your format, and they'll contact you later for a Online IQ test.
    2. HR Interview - at the Company's headquarter
    3. Field work exercise
    4. Final Presentation

Interview Questions
    • none, most are typical (tell me a bit about your self, your idol, your plan in the future, challenge you have met...)   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

Standard good interview with the hiring manager, experiences, skills, etc. The problem was when HR called me a week after and told me to call them back, they did not pick up the phone. So I was waiting for hours with false hope only for them to tell me I didn't get it. Then they called a week later to tell me again I didn't get it... an email would be just fine, please.

Unilever Future Leaders Programmer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

Interview on university campus after meeting at job fair, then follow up interview at Unilever HQ in New Jersey. New Jersey "Super Day" consisted of a group exercise and three one-on-one interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were tough, such as "describe the supply chain at your current job" even if you don't work in the supply chain department.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

After having completed an online application full of documents and details, I have been contacted the day after by a HR employee asking to set a phone interview for the day after. Almost one hour of phone interview to assess some personal skills and to ask me situational questions and "which was a situation where you have proved that..."
    They told me that I could write them for any kind of questions also after the interview, and that the results would be available in 3 weeks

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Unilever.

Online tests, then an interview with a manager. Interview went great, seemed more like friends chatting, however, there were no questions to sort out candidates at all, more about strengths and weaknesses. I cannot imagine how a manager can make a decision about a candidate based on that questions. Looks like they already found one before me.

Future Leaders Program - BTM Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Unilever.

Online Application
    Online Tests
    Telephone Interview
    Assessment Centre (still waiting to do the ac!)

The telephone interview is just competency based. The interviewer was nice and friendly and it was a positive experience. Waiting to do my ac on Tuesday, wish me luck glassdoor people!

Interview Questions
    • What are recent economic trends affecting FMCG companies?   Answer Question

Senior Executive – Human Resources Leadership Development Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Unilever.

Initial call then a detailed mail regarding interview is sent. Then interview is conducted as per schedule and then again mails regarding the updates is sent. All the Recruiters and interviewers keep you at ease and give all the related information before hand. Generally 3 rounds of interview would be there and the interview would be very structured.

Interview Questions
    • Situational based questions were asked and an individual is suppose to think that he or she would do even they they have never been in that situation.   Answer Question

Human Resources Placement Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Unilever.

I received a response for a telephone interview relatively quickly. The interview itself was difficult, with difficult questions. The interviewer was very friendly though which made the interview less daunting.

Interview Questions
    • 'State a time that you come up with an innovative solution to a difficult problem?'   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Unilever.

took online application. the application form consisted of 7 questions that should be answered in maximum of 300 words. Then there was an online aptitude test which included logical test and numerical test. Logical test was quite tricky but numerical test was okay. Then there is a phone interview which last about 15-20 minutes and there is an assessment day. There will be competency-based interview session and some case studies to discuss.

Customer Management Graduate Scheme Interview

Applied online and immediately invited to take online tests. Application process quite long, lots of detail required on the phone. Got invited to a phone interview. Questions about why Unilever, what differentiates them from competitors. Competency questions were tricky, lots of detail within them, for example 'Describe a time when you came up with an innovative idea to solve a problem when others' ideas were not innovative enough'.