Unilever Interview Questions & Reviews

3.1

TPM Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Rexdale, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Rexdale, ON

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in May 2014.

Applied through the University's career website and got selected for interview. Questions are mostly behavioural. Make sure you know the job description as well as some knowledge about the TPM position from wikipedia or any other website.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a process you have improved in a previous job.   Answer Question

Material Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I interviewed online - interviewed at Unilever in May 2012.

Interviewed by three people, 2 floor manager

Logistics Intern Interview

Interviewed by three people, 2 floor manager 1 current intern student

Interview Questions
    • Two managers let you do different task at same time what do you do   Answer Question

ABM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Unilever in January 2009.

Why Unilever.
    Well marketed product.
    Tell me about a good ad.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Unilever in October 2009.

applied online through the university's career service website ... got an interview ... went to the interview ...

advice to other interview candidates: make sure you research the company before the interview ... make sure you know all the brands and study the job descriptions and try to relate similar prior experiences ...

Interview Questions
    • if you could be an Unilever brand, what would it be and why   View Answer

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Unilever in October 2008.

Unilever in a large company so the interview process is slow. Once you apply online an outsourced HR company (not part of Unilever) call you for a phone interview. If you pass that the next step is meeting one on one with your hiring manager.

The questions are typical brand managment questions: make sure you reasearched the brand you are interviewing for, P&L, typical consumer for the brand etc.

Interview Questions
    • Who is the typical consumer for the particular brand you are interviewing for. They go into detail about their brands.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

lengthy online application and a few online tests.
    after that skype interview which asks a lot of questions to determine behavioural but also how you think.
    asked about leadership, why you want to work their, problem solving etc.

Demand Planner Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in December 2013.

I was recommended for the job by an employee, the job was not publicly advertised.
    I had to pass two interviews, all the Supply Chain managers participated in the process even if they were not the direct manager of that position.
    It was simple discussions type interview based on my work experience and how I would respond in different work situations. At the end, they gave me some graphs and numbers to analyze – real life examples.

Interview Questions
    • They presented a real work case, where you had to apply your math skills in order to solve it.   Answer Question
    They offered far less then I was asking for, and there was no room for negotiation. They were not transparent about the real benefits and conditions they offered,

Maintenance/Engineer/Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Raeford, NC (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Raeford, NC (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Unilever in November 2012.

One entire day of multiple panel interviews.
    I should have been informed of their dress code. I was over dressed and needed to wear extra protective equipment.
    Two of us (candidates) were processed together on the same day. We attended an opening meeting, lunch and closing meeting together. The panel interviews were held separately.
    I never heard anything back from anyone!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary, standard and behavioral questions.   View Answer

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Employee in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Unilever in August 2014.

Although the vast majority of questions at a Unilever interview are general competency questions that could apply to any or all of the graduate programme streams, there may also be some more role-specific questions such as:

Which brand's marketing strategy do particularly you like and why?
    What do you know about this business area (eg financial management)?
    What would you do if a major Unilever customer was out of a product?
    As no specific degree is required for programmes other than research and development, you’re unlikely to be expected to have in-depth technical knowledge; instead, questions of this kind are more focused on finding out how you think through problems.

Interview Questions
    • Approach to take: This is a very important question, as Unilever’s graduate development programme is designed to train future leaders. The interviewer will be trying to determine firstly what you think makes a good manager, and secondly whether you fit the bill. If you have any prior management experience, this is a good time to highlight your achievements, but even if you don’t it’s an ideal opportunity to explain what you consider your best qualities in a more general way. How does your excellent attention to detail impact your ability to manage people? Do you have strong diplomacy skills that have helped you deal with a leadership position in the past? Think about occasions where you have taken the lead, whether on an academic project, in a university society, or even among your friends or family. Remember to include details like how you went about delegating tasks, and how you dealt with any conflict between your teammates.   Answer Question

Worked for Unilever? Contribute to the Community!