Unilever

Relevance Date Difficulty

TPM Coop Interview

TPM Coop
Rexdale, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in May 2014.

Interview Details Applied through the University's career website and got selected for interview. Questions are mostly behavioural. Make sure you know the job description as well as some knowledge about the TPM position from wikipedia or any other website.

Interview Question – Tell me about a process you have improved in a previous job.   Answer Question

Material Planner Interview

Material Planner
Toronto, ON

I applied online - interviewed at Unilever in May 2012.

Interview Details Interviewed by three people, 2 floor manager

Interview Question – Tell me about a well marketed produc   Answer Question

Logistics Intern Interview

Logistics Intern

Interviewed at Unilever

Interview Details Interviewed by three people, 2 floor manager 1 current intern student

Interview Question – Two managers let you do different task at same time what do you do   Answer Question

ABM Interview

ABM
Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Unilever in January 2009.

Interview Details Why Unilever.
Well marketed product.
Tell me about a good ad.

Interview Question – Tell me about a well marketed product   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Unilever in October 2009.

Interview Details applied online through the university's career service website ... got an interview ... went to the interview ...

advice to other interview candidates: make sure you research the company before the interview ... make sure you know all the brands and study the job descriptions and try to relate similar prior experiences ...

Interview Question – if you could be an Unilever brand, what would it be and why   View Answer

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Assistant Brand Manager
Toronto, ON

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Unilever in October 2008.

Interview Details Unilever in a large company so the interview process is slow. Once you apply online an outsourced HR company (not part of Unilever) call you for a phone interview. If you pass that the next step is meeting one on one with your hiring manager.

The questions are typical brand managment questions: make sure you reasearched the brand you are interviewing for, P&L, typical consumer for the brand etc.

Interview Question – Who is the typical consumer for the particular brand you are interviewing for. They go into detail about their brands.   Answer Question

Maintenance/Engineer/Supervisor Interview

Maintenance/Engineer/Supervisor
Raeford, NC (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Unilever in November 2012.

Interview Details One entire day of multiple panel interviews.
I should have been informed of their dress code. I was over dressed and needed to wear extra protective equipment.
Two of us (candidates) were processed together on the same day. We attended an opening meeting, lunch and closing meeting together. The panel interviews were held separately.
I never heard anything back from anyone!

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary, standard and behavioral questions.   View Answer

Demand Planner Interview

Demand Planner

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in December 2013.

Interview Details I was recommended for the job by an employee, the job was not publicly advertised.
I had to pass two interviews, all the Supply Chain managers participated in the process even if they were not the direct manager of that position.
It was simple discussions type interview based on my work experience and how I would respond in different work situations. At the end, they gave me some graphs and numbers to analyze – real life examples.

Interview Question – They presented a real work case, where you had to apply your math skills in order to solve it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered far less then I was asking for, and there was no room for negotiation. They were not transparent about the real benefits and conditions they offered,

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Merchandising Specialist
Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Unilever in August 2014.

Interview Details Although the vast majority of questions at a Unilever interview are general competency questions that could apply to any or all of the graduate programme streams, there may also be some more role-specific questions such as:

Which brand's marketing strategy do particularly you like and why?
What do you know about this business area (eg financial management)?
What would you do if a major Unilever customer was out of a product?
As no specific degree is required for programmes other than research and development, you’re unlikely to be expected to have in-depth technical knowledge; instead, questions of this kind are more focused on finding out how you think through problems.

Interview Question – Approach to take: This is a very important question, as Unilever’s graduate development programme is designed to train future leaders. The interviewer will be trying to determine firstly what you think makes a good manager, and secondly whether you fit the bill. If you have any prior management experience, this is a good time to highlight your achievements, but even if you don’t it’s an ideal opportunity to explain what you consider your best qualities in a more general way. How does your excellent attention to detail impact your ability to manage people? Do you have strong diplomacy skills that have helped you deal with a leadership position in the past? Think about occasions where you have taken the lead, whether on an academic project, in a university society, or even among your friends or family. Remember to include details like how you went about delegating tasks, and how you dealt with any conflict between your teammates.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Management Trainee

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Unilever.

Interview Details The procedure started with an online application where it was necessary to submit the CV. As I was selected, I participated from the second phase, in this phase I had to fill in a questionnaire and wait for instructions for an online test. I received the link for the online test one week after. Within this test you were presented with study cases from four areas 1)Brand Building 2)Finances 3)Supply chain 4)HR. Within each area three scenarios were given and I had to answer a questionnaire (open and multiple choice questions) after every scenario.
After the online test where 500 people participated, only 50 were asked to participate of a workshop, I was in that group. The workshop consisted in two groups of 25 people divided by time –one group in the morning and one group in the afternoon. Previous to the workshop each participant received a study case randomly –I got a supply chain study case- It is important to notice that the study cases were not difficult at all, however you had to have basic notions of any of the areas. Once in the workshop, the people who got the same study case were meant to be a group and discuss the case, get a conclusion and present it. During the discussions HR people were waling the room analyzing how the individual’s behavior within teamwork. I realized what the exercise was really about – proactive and social behavior in conflictive situations. I am a people’s person and decided to stabilize the conflict, divide the tasks and get the team ready to present the case. We did it in time and with good quality.
After the workshop only 10 people was going to be called for an interview, I was one them. During the interview they asked me about my university courses, my internship experiences, my grades and my future plans.
After the Interview 3 people would be selected to travel to the HQ to have an Interview with the cluster’s board and even with the CEO. I was not one of them.

Interview Question – Please let us know what was the most challenging communication issue (with a colleague) during your previous work experiences, and How did you solve it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – After, they called me and offer me a job in HR, with a very competitive salary for my condition (I was going for a traineeship before) so I accepted.

Worked for Unilever? Contribute to the Community!