Unilever

Updated 25 Feb, 2015
Updated 25 Feb, 2015

3.1

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Very simple interview process. Applied through a recruiter and got an interview call the next day. Got the job in 2 days. Basic STAR type questions with the Marketing Director and VP. No negotiation on the salary but it was a fair salary anyway.

Interview Questions
    • Why Unilever? Why Marketing? Key marketing positioning questions on their brands   Answer Question

TPM Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rexdale, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Rexdale, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unilever in May 2014.

Applied through the University's career website and got selected for interview. Questions are mostly behavioural. Make sure you know the job description as well as some knowledge about the TPM position from wikipedia or any other website.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a process you have improved in a previous job.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Unilever in February 2014.

Found on Indeed applied online with resume and eventually got a call about a week later. One round interview with 1 HR personal, mostly behavior questions. Tone was very nice and setting was great, however noticed there was many competitors who came from top schools and I think the posting was only avaliable for 1 positions. Unfortunately did not make the cut but it was a still a nice experince no hard feelings or anything.

Junior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Unilever in November 2013.

co-op

Interview Questions
    • have you done any innovative steps in a project or teamwork?   Answer Question

Logistics Intern Interview

Interviewed by three people, 2 floor manager 1 current intern student

Interview Questions
    • Two managers let you do different task at same time what do you do   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever in June 2012.

school career center, phone cal after a month

Material Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I applied online – interviewed at Unilever in May 2012.

Interviewed by three people, 2 floor manager

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Unilever in October 2009.

applied online through the university's career service website ... got an interview ... went to the interview ...

advice to other interview candidates: make sure you research the company before the interview ... make sure you know all the brands and study the job descriptions and try to relate similar prior experiences ...

Interview Questions
    • if you could be an Unilever brand, what would it be and why   View Answer

Business Analyst/Account Manager (Sam's Or Shoppers) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON
    Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Unilever in February 2009.

First received a call from the screener (an outside agency). She was really impressed, but let me know right away that my salary expectations were about 10K over the TOP of their range (and the bottom of their range was a good 25K away). I still expressed interest and was called in for face to face interview.
    I met with two Key Account Managers and one person at the level above. In general the interview process was semi-formal switching between the conversation style and specific questions. I do not recall CAR/STAR questions. However, much around my own aspirations, skills, etc. I was repeatedly told that my salary may be the the obstacle that can't be overcome.
    There seemed to be more promise with the next level manager (looking at the package holistically not just the monetary part). As I had nothing to lose I basically expressed my intense interest in the position but gave them my expectations.
    Four weeks later I received an automated response that I am no longer considered.
    On the side note: Sam's closed in Canada in the meantime and the position was on the Sam's account.
    There wasn't anything significant about the offices or the company culture that stood out.

Interview Questions
    • Almost a case scenario: what would you tell Wal-Mart if you needed to "kill" a brand in a certain line and had no funds to support promos, etc   View Answer
    • You consider yourself a strongly analytical person, yet did not name it as one of your strengths.   View Answer

ABM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Unilever in January 2009.

Why Unilever.
    Well marketed product.
    Tell me about a good ad.