UniFirst

Getting the Interview

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Toronto, ON

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UniFirst.

Interview Details First interview with the sales manager, then do a field exercise where you go around and talk to businesses about their uniform programs, and then report your findings to the company at a seconds and final interview with the branch manager. After reference check, came the job offer. no flexibility on salary negotiations.

Interview Question – if you are good at sales, there are no difficult questions at this interview. All sales related.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, standard corporate salary and benefits package.

Marysville, WA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UniFirst.

Interview Details I had similar experinces to what the people before me have written. They want to know your life story, especially anything that shows your competitive edge, starting with highschool. Hopefully you are not currently employed because they will want to interview you 5 times. They will likely also give you a field exercise or ride along. If you really want the job be persistant they like that. Word of caution though, they will monitor your every move (with consistant phone calls and gps tracking) and expect you to be in the field cold calling from 8am to 5pm. The cold calling schedule isn't bad unless you are good at sales and need to do order write ups, and presentations or proposals. If you need to do things like that it has to come out of your own time. As does anything else you need to do to create an order. Planning for you weekly check in meetings happens on your own time too which includes scheduling your cold call route and writting plans on how you are going to penitrate your large accounts. All in all the employees that work for the branch I was at were either constently in trouble or worked 60+ hours a week. I urge you to talk to any current employee to see what the work conditions are because it becomes hard to apply for other jobs and interview when you work so many hours.

Interview Question – Tell me what you were like in highschool. I would recommend asking them what they are looking for during the interview and package your anwsers accordingly since that is what their training will tell you to do.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable and complicated as far as comission goes.

Fort Myers, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at UniFirst in May 2013.

Interview Details was contacted after i applied to Unifirst by the sales manager. quick response with an interview shortly thereafter. Sales manager was up front with all details of the career opportunity. Had me do a unique pre-offer presentation to show my level of comittment. Found sales manager to be honest, up front, high expectations, and seemed genuinely interested in my success.

Interview Question – asking me to detail my accomplishments via awards, letters and or accolades. Which I did.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiation was negligable since comp structure is what it is...found it to be very fair

Interviewed at UniFirst

Interview Details Submitted application to Sales manager's email. Called back a week later to set up a time for a phone interview. 15-20 mins conversation phone interview asked questions such as what's your ideal type of position, what do you know about UniFirst, Why do you want to work here, do you know what this position entails and what interest you about sales?

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry or upset customer?   Answer Question

Florida, NY (US)

Interviewed at UniFirst

Interview Details Extensive four step interview process. Phone interview, then with sales manager, then with GM, then Power Point presentation. Study the company, behavioral based questions, and other interview questions and why you would be a candidate for outside sales. The total process took over a month from the phone interview to getting hired. The reason being is that the sales manager works extremely long hours helping his current sales reps which is a good because if you are hired as a sales rep, he will be your boss. So yes the interview process takes awhile but the company is rewarding.

Interview Question – What threw me for a loop was the fact that I had to give a presentation with the sales manager and regional sales manager as part of the interview process. When they first explained it I thought they were joking. But they were not, LOL. Consists of seeking 8-12 businesses who RENT uniforms and documenting their uniform situation and presenting. However, it is a great way to see if you actually want to do the job and if you are a fit for the company. I enjoyed the process and they are definitely the best uniform company when it comes to service in the industry.   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at UniFirst.

Interview Details If you are interested in the job..... ask for it.
UniFirst is looking for people who want to grow from within not a short stay.

Interview Question – Why do you want toi be in sales.   View Answer

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UniFirst.

Interview Details Very extensive interview process. Know the company before walking in the door. Be able to talk about successes and failures in your jobs, and what you are looking for in a career. Have a plan on how you will prospect new business.

Interview Question – Coming up with a creative and unique approach to prospecting   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – simple

Very Easy Interview

Lynchburg, VA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at UniFirst in January 2011.

Interview Details The interview was easy. The branch manager had the IQ of a turnip. There were three interviews: the first with the sales manager, the second with the branch manager and the third with the regional sales manager.
Try to close the interview with each by asking for the job and closing the deal, especially with the regional sales manager.

Interview Question – Branch manager asked many personal questions that I'm pretty sure were illegal for him to ask.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They do not negotiate. Pay is low and the corporate moral is awful. The training program for sales is good. Get trained and look for other jobs.

Sales Representative

The process took 3 days - interviewed at UniFirst in May 2012.

Interview Details The office manager first called me on the phone and screened me with a quick 20 minute interview. He asked about my work history and what I was interested in, going back as far as high school. He then set me up for an interview a few days later. This was a one to one interview at their office. The office was stale but the interview was somewhat grilling. Focused mainly on why I am the best, what drives me to be number one, etc.

Interview Question – What would you do in your first month to be better than our current representatives?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – compensation was below my desired level.

Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UniFirst in November 2011.

Interview Details Interviewer expected me to run the interview seemingly, but showed little interest in what I had to say.

Interview Question – What are you lookin' for?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at UniFirst

Worked for UniFirst? Contribute to the Community!

UniFirst Videos

UniFirst – Why Work for Us?

UniFirst is one of North America's largest workwear and textile services companies. We rent, lease, and sell uniforms, protective clothing, custom corporate workwear, floorcare, and other facility services products to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UniFirst Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by UniFirst employees and interview candidates.