Ulta Beauty Salon Market Trainer Interview Questions & Reviews

3 interviews

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Salon Market Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in March 2010.

Was referred by an employee. Had 3 phone interviews, one in person, and had to demonstrate proficiency with hair. The job was described to me as a supervisory one with travel, and supervision of salon managers. I was told I would also manage a salon and have to meet a certain dollar average in service sales myself per week. I was told they rarely hold the SMT to this criteria as they travel a lot.

Interview Questions
I was offered more than I asked for. Surprised me until I became employed and saw the workload.

Other Interview Reviews for Ulta Beauty

Salon Market Trainer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in December 2008.

At this time the salon services group did the interview after being endorced by the district manager. There was a online personality profile and 2 phone interviews. None of the interviews are done in person.

Interview Questions
    • How would you treat a company emegency?   View Answer

Salon Market Trainer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ulta Beauty in August 2010.

Very complicated process. I had a total of 7 interviews between phone interviews and in-persons. I also had a technical interview. The personality test is exhausting and i don't feel it is very accurate. My recruiter was EXCELLENT and the DM and BDM I interviewed with at the time were amazing! It was a long drawn out process and I actually turned down 3 other offers at the time waiting on Ulta. Luckily for me they hired me, if they had not I would have been in trouble.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you were able to keep an employee from quitting?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were able to quickly turn a bad guest situation around and make it very positive?   Answer Question
    I should have asked for more money. I started as a salon manager and many stylists in my salon make more than I do. You can probably make more as a stylist too. Ask them to be very specific about advancement opprotunities and time frames. The bonus plan is horrible, so don't let them sell you on that. The benefits package is awesome however, especially for the salon industry. If I had it to do all over again I would have asked for roughly $22/hr. I was able to negotiate $16 but once they get you in, your pay increase is a joke. Even if you score above target on your review. My advice get the money up front, cause you won't see a dime more. Okay maybe a dime every year if you are a really good employee.

Worked for Ulta Beauty? Contribute to the Community!