Ubisoft Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2014
Updated Aug 8, 2014

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

I applied online - interviewed at Ubisoft in October 2012.

I was contacted by phone, by the HR department after having applied online. An interview regarding HR and technical questions was setup. The questions was easy and common in any interview for this position. The next steps included 3 more interviews: one with the HR department, and 2 technical interviews.
    I did not like the fact that the initial technical interview was with a person from the HR department, not with a technical person. I find that disrespectful for any candidate applying for a technical position.

I got a better offer.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Ubisoft in May 2010.

Applied online and received an email around three months later that they wanted to set up a phone interview. This was on a Friday morning. The interaction was fast and an interview was scheduled for the following Monday afternoon. I received another email about fifteen minutes before the scheduled interview time telling me that another member of the hiring team had put out an offer to someone else without consulting the rest of the team and it was accepted over the weekend, so my interview was cancelled. Incredibly unprofessional.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreuil, Ile-de-France (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreuil, Ile-de-France (France)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ubisoft in April 2012.

Smooth, quick process.
    2 rounds of interviews (one with HR, one with the team lead).
    The HR interview was short (20-30 minutes) with the usual background and experience questions
    The lead interview was mostly about past experience, with a quick technical test (2 pages of open source code to read, analyse and comment).

A lot of emphasis is put during the interview process on the fact that the temporary contract will likely be turned in a permanent one, eventually. After checking it's actually a rare occurrence, so get in only if a 18 months employment contract is acceptable to you.

no negotiation

Community Manager EMEA Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Ubisoft.

I first applied online after a few weeks I heard back from them and was asked to have a phone interview with them. Had that about a week later, a day later I was asked to come to an in person interview at their office. Then after a week they sent me an email it was a no, there was another better suited candidate.

Game Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied online - interviewed at Ubisoft.

Apply for the post online on ubisoft pune official site. If they accept your resume the will reply for the interview.

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ubisoft.

I applied online on a dedicated site. I was then contacted by HR for an interview. My first interview didn't get me a job, but they recommended me to another team, and I finally got hired.
    You have two interviews: one with the HR (personality, company presentation, advantages, etc.) and one with your future lead (techniwal evaluation, personality, teamwork capability)

Interview Questions
    • You are asked to answer a video game culture question in English. Which can prove difficult for french people   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Ubisoft.

I interviewed a long time ago - things surely changed in the meantime.
    There are now tests involved and what they are after is a very trained, logical, structured person.
    Make sure you built some mods, built some levels and understand the basics of game design - rules, sign&feedback, etc.
    Search the internet for the Ubisoft Design Academy courses. I remember a Gamasutra article - that might help.

Interview Questions
    • You will be asked to design something - so make sure your design patterns are clear and progressive.
      If I might seem like i talk nonsense - welcome to the design world :)
        Answer Question
    I had very little choice at that time and I got a small salary - but the journey was fun.

Level Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Ubisoft in January 2010.

First step was a short conversation via phone. Step 2 and 3 were consisted in two tests(one test for game culture and second a technical test for level design) sent via mail.
    Next steps were the technical interview and HR interview followed by benefits negotiations via email.

Interview Questions
    • Why, as a girl, I decided to follow a career in Level Design   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate the medical/health plan.

Game Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ubisoft in June 2012.

1st interview was on testing and noticing bugs on an old game, 2nd interview was telling about myself and how did i come across the job post and the 3rd interview was with the manager, asking about me and some technical questions

Localization Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ubisoft in July 2012.

Process was made up from a series of interviews and practical tests:

- Interview with HR
    - Practical tests (2 hours time to complete - various questions)
    - Second test - project - simulation of a complex document - localization memo - 3 days to complete. Could work at home
    - Another HR Interview
    - Interview with potential Manager
    - Waiting for the results (came in 3-4 days)

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage the localization process on vendors side   View Answer
    • How do the sound recordings take place at smaller projects   View Answer