Ubisoft

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Montreuil, Ile-de-France (France)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ubisoft in April 2012.

Interview Details Smooth, quick process.
2 rounds of interviews (one with HR, one with the team lead).
The HR interview was short (20-30 minutes) with the usual background and experience questions
The lead interview was mostly about past experience, with a quick technical test (2 pages of open source code to read, analyse and comment).

A lot of emphasis is put during the interview process on the fact that the temporary contract will likely be turned in a permanent one, eventually. After checking it's actually a rare occurrence, so get in only if a 18 months employment contract is acceptable to you.

Interview Question – I can't remember of any   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Community Manager EMEA Interview

Community Manager EMEA

I applied online and interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview Details I first applied online after a few weeks I heard back from them and was asked to have a phone interview with them. Had that about a week later, a day later I was asked to come to an in person interview at their office. Then after a week they sent me an email it was a no, there was another better suited candidate.

Interview Question – What is Social Media?   View Answer

Pune (India)

I applied online and interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview Details Apply for the post online on ubisoft pune official site. If they accept your resume the will reply for the interview.

Interview Question – Make you play the bizzare games of all time.   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Programmer
Paris (France)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview Details I applied online on a dedicated site. I was then contacted by HR for an interview. My first interview didn't get me a job, but they recommended me to another team, and I finally got hired.
You have two interviews: one with the HR (personality, company presentation, advantages, etc.) and one with your future lead (techniwal evaluation, personality, teamwork capability)

Interview Question – You are asked to answer a video game culture question in English. Which can prove difficult for french people   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Designer
Bucharest (Romania)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ubisoft.

Interview Details I interviewed a long time ago - things surely changed in the meantime.
There are now tests involved and what they are after is a very trained, logical, structured person.
Make sure you built some mods, built some levels and understand the basics of game design - rules, sign&feedback, etc.
Search the internet for the Ubisoft Design Academy courses. I remember a Gamasutra article - that might help.

Interview Question – You will be asked to design something - so make sure your design patterns are clear and progressive.
If I might seem like i talk nonsense - welcome to the design world :)
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had very little choice at that time and I got a small salary - but the journey was fun.

Level Designer Interview

Level Designer
Bucharest (Romania)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Ubisoft in January 2010.

Interview Details First step was a short conversation via phone. Step 2 and 3 were consisted in two tests(one test for game culture and second a technical test for level design) sent via mail.
Next steps were the technical interview and HR interview followed by benefits negotiations via email.

Interview Question – Why, as a girl, I decided to follow a career in Level Design   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate the medical/health plan.

Bucharest (Romania)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ubisoft in June 2012.

Interview Details 1st interview was on testing and noticing bugs on an old game, 2nd interview was telling about myself and how did i come across the job post and the 3rd interview was with the manager, asking about me and some technical questions

Interview Question – Didn't have difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Localization Project Manager Interview

Localization Project Manager
Bucharest (Romania)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ubisoft in July 2012.

Interview Details Process was made up from a series of interviews and practical tests:

- Interview with HR
- Practical tests (2 hours time to complete - various questions)
- Second test - project - simulation of a complex document - localization memo - 3 days to complete. Could work at home
- Another HR Interview
- Interview with potential Manager
- Waiting for the results (came in 3-4 days)

Interview Questions

• How do you manage the localization process on vendors side   View Answer
  • How do the sound recordings take place at smaller projects   View Answer

Associate Gameplay Programmer Interview

Associate Gameplay Programmer
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ubisoft in September 2010.

Interview Details After a couple of phone interviews with the recruiter and the team's Lead Software Engineer they flew me to San Francisco for a final interview. They gave me 1 hour to complete a programming test, and I went through a series of 1:1 interviews with a few team members of all specialities.

Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ubisoft in January 2010.

Interview Details Right now the interview process has completely changed, previously they use to have skill test then 1 to 1 interview, but now they have canned the skill test & only take 1 to 1 interview, which i feel is incorrect.
QC manager doesnt know how to take interviews, during interview he will keep his both legs on the table and ask you all the questions....imagine that :(

Interview Questions

• Difference between first person shooter & third person shooter ?   View Answer
  • Give reasons....why did a particular bug made it to a shipped title.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – fake negotiation, if you are experienced they say your experience will be consider after 6months, but actually they dont...they cheat on you.