USAA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Claims Adjuster Interview

Claims Adjuster
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at USAA in July 2014.

Interview Details Applied online, process didn't take very long. About a week later I got an email to set up a phone interview the following week. I did the phone interview and everything seem to go great. It took two days to receive an email saying I was NOT selected to move forward with the interview and all the other three different positions I had applied for were also changed to NOT selected.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult notification.   Answer Question

Senior Mortgage Closer Interview

Senior Mortgage Closer
Addison, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at USAA in October 2012.

Interview Details Quick and efficient Interview process - First Interview with a recruiter, Then next interview with Hiring Manager and/or Director. Hiring process includes Background, Credit and Drug test so the overall process can take up to 6 weeks before the offer is received. The background is the most time consuming part.

Interview Question – Pretty Standard interview process, many scenario based questions. Come prepared to discuss past scenario's relevant to behaviors required to be successful in the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straight forward negotiation phase - If at all possible try to counter once presented with the first offer, be sure your counter is within reason of what's an acceptable salary for the position.

Customer Sales and Service Representative-Auto Insurance Interview

Customer Sales and Service Representative-Auto Insurance
Tampa Palms, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at USAA in August 2014.

Interview Details I got a phone call from a recruiter at USAA, the phone interview went well and I was moved on to the next step which is meeting with a hiring manager. The interview was very cold and rigid, they asked me ridiculous amount of questions and as I was answering them you could tell they were not satisfied and in the end told me to go on their website and look at some videos of current employees ( LIKE I CARE). There were 2 managers and they were both extremely unfriendly and seemed totally bored with their job.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were criticized by your co-worker or a supervisor, what was the situation and how did you resolve it? I said I was never criticized as a matter of fact I was promoted in my past jobs but they flat out said everyone makes mistakes so have a moment to think about a situation. I was put on the spot and had to make one up. I find that absolutely ridiculous.   Answer Question

Auto Claims Adjuster III Interview

Auto Claims Adjuster III

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at USAA.

Interview Details The interview process is pretty smooth and straight forward. I am transitioning from the military to the civilian world and I have to say that I am pretty impressed with USAA. I had a telephone interview and the interviewer was very pleasant and easy going. It lasted about 40mins. Immediately after the interview I was invited to do an on-site location. The face to face interview was pleasant also. It lasted about an hour and a half and included a tour of the entire complex. Just waiting on the results now!

Interview Question – No hard questions if you're a truthful person.   Answer Question

Auto Adjuster III Interview

Auto Adjuster III

Interviewed at USAA

Interview Details I was contacted approximately 3 weeks after applying for the position online for an interview. The experience was terrible!! The recruiter would schedule a day and time for a phone interview, but never called. I left several messages for her, but she never answered or returned my phone call. There were a total of three scheduled interviews, and she failed to contact me or answer the phone for all three. I checked my application status online, and learned that I was no longer being considered.

Work At Home Customer Service Interview

Work At Home Customer Service

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at USAA.

Interview Details I am in the interview process stage. First you fill out the application and wait for your status to be updated. Once the status update becomes "interview in progress". You will need to fill out a different application, and then take assessments. The first assessment is knowledge based, then personality based, then finally you take about 5-7 practice call center calls. (Not using real customers).

Interview Question – Completed First interview with HR. Questions: what is your availability? Can you offer a quiet/distraction free work area in your house? Are you available for training in Killeen? Tell me about your work experience?   View Answer

Specialized Investment Services Representative Interview

Specialized Investment Services Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at USAA in May 2014.

Interview Details Phone interview was pretty basic, then in person interview with mostly situational questions and a chance to go over questions you may have. Two managers interviewed me as well as the rest of the people in my training group.

Interview Question – Sell me something.   Answer Question

Financial Foundations Specialist Interview

Financial Foundations Specialist
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at USAA in May 2014.

Interview Details The company is choosy about whom it hires. That is great. They only want the best of the best working there, and I am all for that considering that they serve the best customer base our country has to offer.

Interview Question – Why are you looking to leave your current job? This question was difficult because I did not really want to get into any issues I have with my current employer.   View Answer

Software Developer & Integrator III Interview

Software Developer & Integrator III
San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at USAA in April 2010.

Interview Details You'll have one initial interview with a recruiter (usually at a recruiting event/conference, college campus, phone, etc) and if that goes well, you'll be flown to San Antonio for a full interview. You'll spend the day being shown the campus, learning about USAA's history and culture, clubs and organizations within the company, and have a closed interview, usually with 2 employees. Because this is a college hire position, the interview is less technical and more personality-based, as they want to see how well of a culture fit you'll be. They'll generally assess technical competence in the context of your answers. Time will vary on how long it takes to hear back, but they'll contact you whether it's a yes or a no.

Interview Question – There's a logical, mathematical or brain-teaser type question, which may throw you off after an interview of being assessed based on your personality. You may feel like you have to answer this question exactly right, but don't worry so much about getting the correct answer -- they're more so looking for what kind of analytical, thought process you go through to get to the answer. And this is one of those things where you either have it or you don't.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – For this particular position, because it's entry level, you'd have less room for negotiation. For a position where you're coming in with experience, particularly skills that USAA has high demand for, negotiating is encouraged.

Software/Systems Engineer I Interview

Software/Systems Engineer I
San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at USAA in October 2010.

Interview Details The first interview was a simple, short interview at a conference--just a few minutes talking with a recruiter. Walking out of that, I felt the interviewer was not impressed with me and that they didn't like their employer. I was quite surprised to get a second interview! It was encouraging to be told that if you got the second interview, your odds of getting the job were very high. No technical questions were asked; it was purely a behavioral interview.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Worked for USAA? Contribute to the Community!