US Postal Service

Updated 5 Dec, 2014

1.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at US Postal Service.

Applied on the website, took two tests at two different locations and days and passed both, received email for group interview in two weeks, filled out paperwork at group interview and got fingerprinted, signed a background check release form and faxed it in, took a drug test, waited to hear that I was finally hired, got an unofficial email saying I was hired.

Interview Questions
No negotiating took place. I wasn't even sure I was being offered the job. I had to pass the background and drug test before I knew for sure that I was hired.

Other Interview Reviews for US Postal Service

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS (US)

I applied online – interviewed at US Postal Service.

Requires a job announcement number. On-line registration and communication. Test scheduling - basic aptitude & comprehension tests, typing test. Must score within certain range. Veterans get extra points towards their scores. Tests can be retaken for higher scores after set amount of time. Eligibility based primarily upon these test scores.

Interview Questions
    • The process can take some time to get tested and through before you are contacted by an actual person or offered the position. Testing is basic aptitude and comprehension similar to school testing.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at US Postal Service.

The interview was just a formality. There are plenty of requirements in the application process, but the interview didn't determine anything. If you can answer a few basic questions and show a little bit of interest, you won't have any problem getting past this point.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. It is a government job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at US Postal Service in August 2010.

Took 3 to 4 months to start working.
    1. Had to take the USPS test for position and a typing test.
    2. The interview was just hi how are you would you like to work for us basically.
    3. After hired you have typing tests to learn the prompts and the vast majority pass that.