US Navy Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr, 2015

2.3

CTT Interview

Interview

Walked into a recruiting center, wanted to speak to the Army recruiter, got snagged up by the Navy recruiter, and after hearing all the Navy had to offer, decided to go with the Navy. This was, of course, before President Obama took office and destroyed/removed many of the benefits that newly enlisted could receive (so by the time I enlisted many of the benefits I had been offered we're no longer in effect). Took the ASVAB, scored very high, took a military intel rate, and now I'm basically a janitor with a clearance.

Negotiation

There was not a negotiation

LELT Interview

Interview

You must have experience and the supervisor confidence to handle this position as you will have the sole responsibility for this job. The senior management rarely has the experience or knowledge to give you assistance in making decisions for this role.

Interview Questions

• Why is "insert sailor name" doing this the way you have not taught him?   Answer Question

WG02 Data Entry Interview

Interview

Long and complicated, it was a government services job but it's still the military. I just had to go through a normal military processing, background check, and human resources.

Captain Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at US Navy.

Interview

Multiple rounds. started in oakland california but i had to get back to the east coast so we were able to continue the paperwork and the certifications in philly near my home.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations

Chief Logistics Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Navy.

Interview

One on one with recruiter, you have to want it, take the lead, take the test, study before hand and do your research, it helps to know what you want out of life!

ITS1 Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at US Navy.

Interview

Pretty straight forward, take the ASVAB and get assigned a MOS. Get through your A-School and get to the fleet. Not hard to get in which is probably the root problem with the service right now. THEY WILL TAKE ANYONE!!.

Reactor Operator Interview

Interview

No interview required. Pre-employment testing is a joke. Be prepared to sign away six years of you life. Great deal of medical screening and superfluous admin required.

Nuclear Submarine Officer - Interviewing A As Midshipman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at US Navy (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

2 or 3 technical interviews with engineers. Mostly calculus and physics, but potentially chemistry or technical fields related to the academic concentration of the candidate. FInally, one behavioral interview with the 4-star admiral in charge of all naval nuclear reactors. He will ask questions about motivation, times you've failed (grades below a B), books you've read, etc. Technical interviews last 25-45 minutes each. Admiral interview lasts under 5 minutes and is the ultimate deciding factor in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Explaining the "C" grades I earned on college.   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Military Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Navy.

Interview

its not a real hiring process if you meet standards then and you are good to go just make sure that you are in a good physical condition and that you can complete they physical demands.

Operations Specialist Interview

Interview

Not a very difficult hiring process, went to the recruiter, did the test, picked a job and shipped off to bootcamp. The guys at my station were very helpful they gave me a lot of insight on what to expect from bootcamp and the fleet. I had a very good transition from civilian to military life.

Interview Questions

• Trying to be cleared from my security clearance was very hard while I was in boot camp, they want to know everything about your family, your expenses, everything you have financed. It was hard to keep everything in tact while being questioned on the spot.   Answer Question