US Census Bureau

Updated 7 Dec, 2014

1.3

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Crew Leader Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Census Bureau.

I was first contacted to do a phone interview that was relatively easy. We discussed practical matters such as my work history, living location, and transportation. Once I completed that initial contact I was given the location of the first of several trainings for the position. The training in itself served as an interview for the Crew Leaders and Director to analyze the candidates for potential new hires.

Interview Questions
There was not much to negotiate, because the rates were pretty set.

Other Interview Reviews for US Census Bureau

Assistant Crew Leader Interview

The hiring was based off the results of a standardized test which primarily focused on analytic/organizational thinking. You must score well on this test to proceed in the hiring process. The top candidates from the testing area are then scheduled for training (upon successful background check / employment eligibility). It is in your favor to remain active and engaged during the training.

Crew Leader Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at US Census Bureau in February 2011.

I applied for the job as an enumerator online through a job site, though I don't remember which one. About a month later I got a call to come and take a test, and was given a choice of dates, times and locations. I took the test that was super simple math and reading questions. They were for me anyways. I didn't hear back for another three weeks and had pretty much wrote the job off. Then they called and said that I had made a perfect score and wanted to know if I would be interested in being a crew leader assistant. The only thing that they asked was my availability and if I had dependable transportation.

There was not much negotiation. For the area I lived in I was happy with the pay rate and glad that they included generous compensation for mileage.

Crew Leader Assistant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at US Census Bureau in March 2010.

The base line interview was a test administered and then you were contacted with some basic questions and asking if you would attend a week long class. There you go over the process which was taught by a crew leader and during this period he / she would choose their Crew Leader Assistants.