US Airways

Updated 16 Feb, 2015
Updated 16 Feb, 2015

2.9

Customer Service Agent Interview

My interview process was a phone interview, an agent from human resources called and asked mainly about my work experience, why I applied, and why I was willing to take such a drastic cut in salary. She was very impressed with my experience, my reasoning, she told me as much when we finished the interview, she called me back later on that afternoon had spoken to the Ops, manager in Montreal and offered me the position on the phone. I did not meet or pass an interview with anyone else until my first day on the job.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Airways.

Just had f2f interview in Dallas. Of course, everyone that was there (31 of us total) had studied glassdoor - i'm here to tell you they have finally changed up the interview process! Let me start by saying, our host was very funny and nice, and I absolutely loved all of the people that came. Every person in the room would have made a great flight attendant. When you first get there, you meet in the lobby and we all talked for about an hour. Then you go to the meeting room, where you sign in and meet the panel that you will be working with that day. There were five tables set up, and you sit at one (the rest of the people will be your 'group' throughout the day).. We then had an ice breaker, which is a group project - you have to write three things you and all of the people at your table have in common, and then one fact about yourself that no one would expect. You and your group then get up in front of the room and read someone else's fact about themselves, and the other groups in the room have to guess who really wrote that fact. It was really fun and interesting to learn about everyone else in the room, and also makes you feel relaxed with everyone else! Then you have a break. After the break, you go to an interview room with about 5-6 other people and two panel members. That was probably the most awkward part, only because you all have to answer the same three questions, and you don't really want to give the same answer as the person in front of you, but theres really only so many different ways to say the same thing. Anyway, then you all go back to the room and watch a powerpoint on US Airways/AA merge and details about the job. Then they start "saying their goodbyes" - They call everyone out one by one, in no particular order. I know the girl they called first, did get offered the job, and the girl they called after her did not.. So, there was no real order - they would either escort you down the hall and to the shuttle while thanking you for your time, or take you into another room - do an individual interview and take fingerprints.

I hope this helps! Best of luck to everyone!

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways.

This will be my second time applying at the f2f interview for the flt position. The first time which was back in April I received an email with the video interview where they asked you about 6 questions and your past work experience.....why do you want to be a flt attendant? What precious work experience do you have in the customer service industry? Name a time you had excellent customer service and what made it memorable? Name a time you dealt with an irate customer and how did you turn it in to a positive? A few days after the video interview I received a call asking if I wanted to be flown out for a f2f HECK YES!!! One I arrived at the airport there was a shuttle that picked all of the candidate up and they took up to the recruiting center we checked in and we're given name tags...everyone was super friendly they took us in a room where we were introduced to some flt attendant reps it was really exciting but kind of nerve wrecking at the same time...to be in the room of about 60-70 people and about 10 us airway managers..etc standing all around the room. We watched a short video and then we stood up one by one to introduce ourselves..we had 1 minute to give 3 qualities of a flt attendant going in aphabetical order....I was first!! So I was completely nervous I started off good and then I froze and started rambling after that uugghhhhh!!!! After everyone was finished they put us in groups of 4 and we had to work together and put things in order of importance...scenario was the plane had crashed and we had to grab things we thought we needed well my group won and i was super excited we went to lunch and when we came back the rep thanked us all for coming and called out about 7 names and the rest of us took a shuttle back to the airport I must say it was an experience I just did t understand why so many of us were called in to interview and they only selected a hand full good thing is I've since applied again and are flying out to Dallas in the morning for ANOTHER f2f and i am a lot more prepared than I was!!! So wish me luck!!!!

Interview Questions
    • Give 3 qualities of a flt attendant (you have 1 minute to answer)

Or why do you want to be a flight attendant?

Customer Service Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways in February 2015.

My experience was the same as everyone else's. I applied, got an email to set up a phone interview and I called for the interview. When the interview was over she said she wanted to set me up with a face-to-face interview, but there were not any appointments available and they would get in touch with me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me the about your last/most resent job. What did you like most and dislike most about last job. Tell me a time about a difficult customer. Tell me about a time you were sympathetic with a customer, but still had to put your own needs ahead of theirs. What would my previous/current employer say about me.
      It was an easy phone interview if you go into it prepared.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways in January 2015.

I applied online, about a week later i got an email to schedule a phone interview. I began doing additional research on the company. My phone interview was scheduled 2 weeks away, which i was not happy about ...so far away. Then 2 days after scheduling the phone interview the recruiter called and asked if its a good time to do the interview. He asked questions about my last 2 jobs and all questions focused on how i dealt with irate customer situations. He said i did well and tolf me to expect the senior recruiter to contact me, also to be patient. I knew they woulf be trying to fill a class so it may take a while. Currently waiting to be called.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at US Airways in December 2014.

Applied in early January, 2014 and about a month later was invited to a video interview. Five questions total; a few of which were: Why do you want to become a flight attendant? and Describe a time when you had to deal with an irate customer.

About six months after the video interview, I was invited to a F2F interview in Dallas, TX. It was a group of about 16 candidates, the process began with being broken down into three groups of 5-6 people and we did a group project to get to know each other better, followed by a group interview with three people, and after that we were called for a one on one and if you were chosen for training they brought you in to be fingerprinted.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to hire a flight attendant, what qualities would you look for and why?   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at US Airways in January 2015.

I first placed an application online and received a call a few days for phone interview. The questions were along the lines of what is your background in customer service. The entire call may have been less than 10 min. I was then offered to com in for a face to face interview.
    A week later I attended the in-person interview. There was approximately 50 or so people. We were given a hand out of general benefits, pay scale and looked a presentation about the company. Afterwards we were called in individually in no particular order for a one on one interview with a hiring manger. It was the same process as over the phone but it little more detailed questions about yourself and background of what you have done. Once that was completed I was given a unofficial offer letter and advised to go to another room to start filling out all the necessary paper work, fingerprinting,and I had to have on bring 2 forms of ID, Last 10 years employment history and Last 5 years residence addresses. After all that was complete I had to go to have a drug screening that same day. The whole process from start to finish moved very quickly. The background check seemed to take a little while longer than I expected but I would highly recommend applying it would be worth it.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you had to handle an irate customer etc...   View Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Airways in January 2015.

We were told there were 244K applicants that applied and about 50 of us were chosen for the interview.

First they greeted us and had an ice breaker exercise where you had to guess something particular about a person not in your group. Then they called out about 7 of us to go into a room with two Representatives. We had to get up and answer three questions which were not difficult but a bit awkward because it was in-front of everyone. The first two were the same for everyone and the third one was selected out of a deck.

After that we watched a video about the airlines then they came in and called everyone out one by one and escorted them to the shuttle. I personally did not get offered a job and neither was anyone waiting for the shuttle.

The people called out first were not out waiting for the shuttle and presumably offered positions. They tell you that you would get a letter anywhere from 3 days to two weeks after interview. One gentleman said that if you are not offered a position today that it is a possibility you can still get the job because they will go back through the videos.

Overall the interview process was not bad at all. It was a great experience for me and help me to prepare for the next time. Which I am going on very soon with a different airline.

Good luck to everyone in there efforts just keep persevering.

EXCELSIOR!!!

Interview Questions
    • What do you consider to be one of the biggest challenges facing a flight attendant?

Why do you want to become a flight attendant?

What was the proudest moment in your job career?

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at US Airways in January 2015.

After filling out the online application a brief phone interview, I was invited to a large group interview. 60 or so applicants sat through a brief presentation and then where called back to another room for a one-on-one interview, lasting about 30 minutes. I was then told to expect to hear in two weeks if I was chosen for the next round of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions are based on the STAR format. Situation, Action, Result.   Answer Question

Reservations Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at US Airways.

i applied a week ago and did the phone interview today waiting to hear back from them
    1.describe a time u had to deal with a difficult customer
    2.what are your last 2 positions you held
    3.what did you like about your last 2 positions and what didn't you like
    4.how was your metrics measured in the past and how did you feel about it
    this is all i remember but there are 9 questions in total

Interview Questions
    • 1.describe a time u had to deal with a difficult customer
      2.what are your last 2 positions you held