US Airways Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.9

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

interviewed at US Airways in August 2014.

Applied in March! Received a phone call from a 00 number in August '14 and the representative asked if I were available for an interview the following week. I picked Thursday to give myself enough time to prepare myself in every way. I flew out to Phoenix, az and walked to the shuttle bus and met with other candidates we drove down the street to the facility signed in, showed passports dropped our belongings off did an overhead bin test (height requirements) watched videos of the merge with about 50 other ppl second classroom did the same we took a break. Watch another PowerPoint about FA life. Took a break. Introduced ourselves, where we flew from and what qualities makes a great FA took a break. Got broken up into groups did a group activity. If we crashed and had found 12 of the items listed number them based off of importance. Took lunch they called 2 ppl to do "paperwork" seen those two later on at the airport because one was on my flight back and the other had a late flight as well. And only ONE of the two who got called for one on one interviews got the job and two from the other group got the job so 3 of about 100 got the job.

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tempe, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at US Airways in August 2014.

After applying online and taking the assessment, I was prompted by e-mail the next day to conduct an over the phone interview, which was just an electronic recording asking questions and recording my answers such as previous work history, etc. It took about a day or two and I got a call back to do an in-person interview. The interview was simple and predictable. The lady took me back to a meeting room and asked me several questions in SAR (situation/action/result) about my prior experience. It was pretty simple and took no more than 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation regarding the pay

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at US Airways.

You'll go through a presentation and then you will have to introduce yourself yourself, follow the instructions that they give you. Don't go over the time. They want to see that you're comfortable standing up and talking in front of a group. Make sure on your downtime you talk to everybody and talk to all of the recruiters. Do not take your cell phone. Following the presentation you will do a group activity. I think they're looking to see how you work in a group setting. Don't be too bossy don't be too pushy but don't be too quiet either. Lunch will come out and then you'll have more time to socialize with everybody make sure your seen being social. Following lunch in HR person will come this is when they're making the cut. If your name is called most likely they're bringing you to the curb. If you want of the lucky people to stay after then you will go into a face-to-face interview and your offer will be given to you on the spot. Good luck! Remember smile smile smile smile be social talk to everybody.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing is really difficult just relax think about it and you'll be fine. If you're what they looking for then they will select you, remember a lot of really good people get turned down.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at US Airways in September 2014.

I applied online about 2 weeks ago and a few hours later got an email inviting me to do a web interview. I waited about 4 days to do it and within that time I got a reminder email. I did the web interview and am currently waiting on a response. Good luck everyone! :)

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be a flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • Are you able to adhere to a professional dress code?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had an irate customer, how did you handle it, what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had a disagreement with a coworker, how did you handle it, what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What skills have you learned in your past work experience would relate to this position?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tempe, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at US Airways.

I applied on our career website at school. They called me for a short phone interview and then invited me to an interview. It was a 30 min. interview. They called me back a few weeks later saying I got the offer. Both interviewers were very nice and they called me half way through my decision making to see if they could be of any more assistance.

Interview Questions
    • The only technical question was what would be the factors of me ordering pens.   Answer Question

I got a better offer elsewhere

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at US Airways in August 2014.

Pretty much exactly what everyone else says here. Applied on-line. Received invitation for video interview. Attended Recruitment Session. There were approximately 90 people there. We were split into two groups. Only about 5 people were selected from our group. Overall, I had a very positive experience. i met a lot of great people and learned a lot about being a Flight Attendant. I knew going into it that they would be making their selections that day, but many people didn't know this. The recruitment team made it worse by continually mentioning that you would hear from them in 48 hrs. I think that is mean and misleading. When I left I knew I had not been selected but there were many people who went home and waited to hear from them. False hope. :-( And even worse, it took them longer than 48 hours. I was extremely disappointed to not receive an offer, but I couldn't feel too badly about it because they passed on many smart, well-spoken, personable, educated and experienced people. I was surprised at how many people did not follow the specific directions they give you regarding dress and appearance. When the recruitment center calls you, LISTEN CAREFULLY. They will tell you EXACTLY what to wear and how to fix your hair, make-up and nails.

Everyone introduces themselves, including where you are from and then the qualities you think make a good FA. PRACTICE. I tried to stick to exactly what they asked for but i don't think it matters. They chose one person who just went on and on and thanked them and blah blah blah. I think they just want you to look comfortable talking in front of a group. Good luck! It is extremely competitive and though it sounds shallow, looks matter.

Interview Questions
    • "What qualities does a good Flight Attendant have?"   View Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at US Airways in May 2010.

The company is trying to figure out if you meet the critiria. If you has the applicant fits the mode. There will be alot of questions geared towards that. You need to be available to work any day, weekends and holidays including, and hours. This is something they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • It was difficult to be honest about your availabilty. If there is any stimulations in your availablity you will not be offered a job.   Answer Question

Recruitment/Interview: Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at US Airways in September 2014.

I just left the Recruitment/Interview Day for US Airways and felt I now, too, can add my experience. Before today, I've read every single persons input and applied it to my expectations....well if you have read others you'll see that there some order: introduction in front of large group of people, do seated/over reach, Survival activitiy....
    I guess the recruiters switched up the whole scheme of things for what ever reason.
    First off, every single recruiter was very nice and welcoming, not intimidating at all. Friendly and humble...
    So we went in, were sat in Cafeteria...and naturally we All started just being social towards eachother "where are yooou from? :) all the while the recruiters watched but as if they were just chillin' waiting for 'something'. SO we never did intros bc of THAT. They got to see if you were naturally friendly and engaging.
    Then we went into a conference room. Coffee/water refreshments. Asked to leave our things as they take us to do an exercise: sit and put on belt & then the over reach . Then back in room they THEY introduce themselves and show company video blah blah blah. Then heres what shocked me: one of the instructors tell you everything you need to know about what base they have: Philly, Pheonix, DC and NC- thats it! She tells you about Compensation and breaks it down, in conclusion she told us all the honest truth about being an FA, especially not in your hometown base, you have to commit to moving there if your not an hour away. And THE RECRUITERS GIVE YOU THE OPTION to leave if you feel you cant commit to the lifestyle change or stay...I left. Im from NYC and would prefer to be based by home. So please do not freak out about the process. Its fun. Everyone is cool---and dress code is not that strict. Just dress BUSINESS CASUAL look presentable and be friendly, its so easy with everyone, you wont have to force it and you dont get a fake vibe from anyone---im usually very hard and judgemental about things, but this experience wasn't a waste. Hope this eases some people's anxieties. Good luck.

Interview Questions
    • How is everyone this mornin'? (Seriously) lol   View Answer

There was no base close to home and I refuse to relocate.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at US Airways.

I applied online then was asked to do the video interview the next day. I applied last Sunday and did the video interview on Tuesday because I wanted to be ready for it. I haven't heard anything back yet but I have my fingers crossed. I think if you don't get it you get the whole thanks but no thanks so I have my hopes up that its a good sign! They said 5 basic STAR interview questions, but at the time I didn't know about STAR so I just kind of rambled. It was after the interview I did the research and found this page. I'll repost if I hear back!

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time when you didn't agree with what a co-worker did.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

So far it has been an open house and a screening call to make it to the interview which I will have in two days. It is for the customer service agent position out of Greenville, SC. If I get the position then I will have three weeks of training either in Charlotte, NC, Philly or Phoenix, AZ. They fly you to and from each week, pay you your wage and give you a per diem. Not to shabby.

Interview Questions
    • Are you ok with 8.50 an hour? To this I had to say yes, because not only do you have unlimited standby flying time, so does your family and some extended family.   Answer Question

Worked for US Airways? Contribute to the Community!