US Airways Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
243 interviews

2.9

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at US Airways in August 2014.

Pretty much exactly what everyone else says here. Applied on-line. Received invitation for video interview. Attended Recruitment Session. There were approximately 90 people there. We were split into two groups. Only about 5 people were selected from our group. Overall, I had a very positive experience. i met a lot of great people and learned a lot about being a Flight Attendant. I knew going into it that they would be making their selections that day, but many people didn't know this. The recruitment team made it worse by continually mentioning that you would hear from them in 48 hrs. I think that is mean and misleading. When I left I knew I had not been selected but there were many people who went home and waited to hear from them. False hope. :-( And even worse, it took them longer than 48 hours. I was extremely disappointed to not receive an offer, but I couldn't feel too badly about it because they passed on many smart, well-spoken, personable, educated and experienced people. I was surprised at how many people did not follow the specific directions they give you regarding dress and appearance. When the recruitment center calls you, LISTEN CAREFULLY. They will tell you EXACTLY what to wear and how to fix your hair, make-up and nails.

Everyone introduces themselves, including where you are from and then the qualities you think make a good FA. PRACTICE. I tried to stick to exactly what they asked for but i don't think it matters. They chose one person who just went on and on and thanked them and blah blah blah. I think they just want you to look comfortable talking in front of a group. Good luck! It is extremely competitive and though it sounds shallow, looks matter.

Interview Questions
    • "What qualities does a good Flight Attendant have?"   View Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at US Airways in August 2014.

At the in person recruitment day, you should have prepared your one minute speech (you don't have to use up the whole time) about the qualities of a great flight attendant. I believe this is the determining factor. They want to see that you aren't nervous, can speak and present yourself professionally. It's not necessarily being super outgoing, you just need to have this comfort and calm in public speaking.

Some of the advice on here said to not stand out so much. Don't try so hard. But you can still be talkative. Three of the ladies that were picked chit chatted a lot. They were a little aggressive in the group activity.

It comes down to personality. There's just that something that the recruiters are looking for. Overall, confidence in public speaking is key.

Interview Questions
    • None at recruitment day since I wasn't picked to stay for one on one.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Oakland, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at US Airways in June 2014.

Applied online, after a month I got a call for a phone interview. Passed the phone interview and was invited to a f2f interview two weeks later. The interview was at Oakland airport with two people. They both asked simple questions about my work history and past experience. I believe the interview went really good since I knew what to expect from past airport interviews. It has almost been two months and still have not heard anything. I check online and my profile still says under review. I have not received a rejection email so I don't know what to expect.

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at US Airways in April 2014.

I got a phone interview with senior engineer. No behavior questions were asked. All about general aviation knowledge, the company and some technical questions. Pretty easy atmosphere. Nice interviewer.

Airport Customer Service Agent Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at US Airways in August 2014.

I think I got the brush-off. I sent in my resume from a job ad on July 29, 2014. Today, August 1st, I got a call for a phone interview. I called back, and after about twenty minutes of interviewing I was told that there were no more open slots for a personal interview, and that when more slots were open I could receive a call.
    Sounds like a brush off to me.

Interview Questions
    • How did you solve a problem: what do you like/dislike about your job; tell about an example of fast- paced situation or a time when you had to multi-task.   Answer Question

CSA Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at US Airways in July 2014.

I applied online and it took about a month when I got a call for a phone interview. I was scheduled to come in the next week for a face to face interview. Overall, my experience went well and was offered a "conditional hire" while waiting for the drug test and background checks to go through. I was told it will take a few weeks to about a month for all of those to be cleared. Department of Homeland Security takes awhile for the fingerprints to clear.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was pretty easy if you have enough customer service experience.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at US Airways in March 2014.

I was invited to interview in Charlotte, NC. It was a great experience and everyone was friendly and helpful. I met a lot of great people from all over the country! It started as a group interview, and they had us do a reach and jumpseat test. Then they gave us a plane crash scenario with a list of items to number most important to least. Then we watched a video about the merger with AA. Now it was the time to get up in front of everyone and introduce yourself, and what you think makes a good FA. (All in 60 seconds) I was so nervous, I started rambling about customer service and never made my point. I shouldn't have had any of the free Starbucks they offered us.. Now I know what NOT to do for my next interview!

Interview Questions
    • What quality do you think makes a good flight attendant?   Answer Question

Pilot Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at US Airways.

Experience, education, and good character. Must dress and be professional. Need to be knowledgable on aircrafts, skills, and Federal Aviation Regulations. Quick minded, sharp, and diligent. Able to work well with others in long time frames and small quarters. Submit to authority.

none

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at US Airways.

Applied online and was contacted almost 3 weeks later through email by the project manager for a phone interview. I was given a number and was asked to call on it. There was a bit difficulty in reaching out to her on day of phone interview because she was not able to find a conference room.

The questions were basic - related to Waterfall and Scrum. And around definitions of functional and non functional requirements, user stories etc.
    She already had a list of screening questions. She seemed very friendly and cool and I felt very positive about the interview.
    I was told that I would be informed about the outcome within 2 weeks. But there was no response.
    There was no reply to my follow up email as well.
    My application status on their website says - Under review.
    But apart from that I do not have any updates. Which is pretty unfair I believe.

Flight Attendant Interview

The process took about 6 weeks total. I turned in my resume and then I instantly received an email to take the video interview. These were common interview questions. Then I waited about 3 weeks and then I received a in person interview. My interview was in Charlotte. Since I was coming from Kansas I had to stay over night and the hotel is your own expense. The interview process is just like everyone says.

1. Do a sit and reach test (very easy)
    2. Watch a presentation on the new merger
    3. They have you speak in front of the group (about 45 to 55 people in my group)
            A. What qualities make a good flight attendant
    4. Then do a group exercise (Survival Crash)
            A. List of supplies have to rate each item based on the best use to help you survive.
            B. I know the lighter with no fluid was up there in the top 5 and I believe the yarn and canvas
            C. The results do not really matter but it always helps you to stand out when you win or get more correct.
    5. Then you have lunch and this is when they make there first cut.
    6. Then they do one on one interviews (they say they are holding those people back because they did not fill out some of the paperwork correctly or need more information from them) This is there way of saying these people need to fill out employment forms.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult but it might be nice for someone that received an offer to say what they said during their group question. (What qualities make a good flight attendant)   View Answer

Worked for US Airways? Contribute to the Community!