US Airways

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Agent Interview

Customer Service Agent
Oakland, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at US Airways in June 2014.

Interview Details Applied online, after a month I got a call for a phone interview. Passed the phone interview and was invited to a f2f interview two weeks later. The interview was at Oakland airport with two people. They both asked simple questions about my work history and past experience. I believe the interview went really good since I knew what to expect from past airport interviews. It has almost been two months and still have not heard anything. I check online and my profile still says under review. I have not received a rejection email so I don't know what to expect.

Interview Question – How did you deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at US Airways in April 2014.

Interview Details I got a phone interview with senior engineer. No behavior questions were asked. All about general aviation knowledge, the company and some technical questions. Pretty easy atmosphere. Nice interviewer.

Interview Question – Details about the company   Answer Question

Airport Customer Service Agent Interview

Airport Customer Service Agent

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at US Airways in August 2014.

Interview Details I think I got the brush-off. I sent in my resume from a job ad on July 29, 2014. Today, August 1st, I got a call for a phone interview. I called back, and after about twenty minutes of interviewing I was told that there were no more open slots for a personal interview, and that when more slots were open I could receive a call.
Sounds like a brush off to me.

Interview Question – How did you solve a problem: what do you like/dislike about your job; tell about an example of fast- paced situation or a time when you had to multi-task.   Answer Question

CSA Interview

CSA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at US Airways in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and it took about a month when I got a call for a phone interview. I was scheduled to come in the next week for a face to face interview. Overall, my experience went well and was offered a "conditional hire" while waiting for the drug test and background checks to go through. I was told it will take a few weeks to about a month for all of those to be cleared. Department of Homeland Security takes awhile for the fingerprints to clear.

Interview Question – Everything was pretty easy if you have enough customer service experience.   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at US Airways in March 2014.

Interview Details I was invited to interview in Charlotte, NC. It was a great experience and everyone was friendly and helpful. I met a lot of great people from all over the country! It started as a group interview, and they had us do a reach and jumpseat test. Then they gave us a plane crash scenario with a list of items to number most important to least. Then we watched a video about the merger with AA. Now it was the time to get up in front of everyone and introduce yourself, and what you think makes a good FA. (All in 60 seconds) I was so nervous, I started rambling about customer service and never made my point. I shouldn't have had any of the free Starbucks they offered us.. Now I know what NOT to do for my next interview!

Interview Question – What quality do you think makes a good flight attendant?   Answer Question

Pilot Interview

Pilot

I applied in-person and interviewed at US Airways.

Interview Details Experience, education, and good character. Must dress and be professional. Need to be knowledgable on aircrafts, skills, and Federal Aviation Regulations. Quick minded, sharp, and diligent. Able to work well with others in long time frames and small quarters. Submit to authority.

Interview Question – experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at US Airways.

Interview Details Applied online and was contacted almost 3 weeks later through email by the project manager for a phone interview. I was given a number and was asked to call on it. There was a bit difficulty in reaching out to her on day of phone interview because she was not able to find a conference room.

The questions were basic - related to Waterfall and Scrum. And around definitions of functional and non functional requirements, user stories etc.
She already had a list of screening questions. She seemed very friendly and cool and I felt very positive about the interview.
I was told that I would be informed about the outcome within 2 weeks. But there was no response.
There was no reply to my follow up email as well.
My application status on their website says - Under review.
But apart from that I do not have any updates. Which is pretty unfair I believe.

Interview Question – Why do you want to join US Airways.   Answer Question

Interviewed at US Airways

Interview Details The process took about 6 weeks total. I turned in my resume and then I instantly received an email to take the video interview. These were common interview questions. Then I waited about 3 weeks and then I received a in person interview. My interview was in Charlotte. Since I was coming from Kansas I had to stay over night and the hotel is your own expense. The interview process is just like everyone says.

1. Do a sit and reach test (very easy)
2. Watch a presentation on the new merger
3. They have you speak in front of the group (about 45 to 55 people in my group)
        A. What qualities make a good flight attendant
4. Then do a group exercise (Survival Crash)
        A. List of supplies have to rate each item based on the best use to help you survive.
        B. I know the lighter with no fluid was up there in the top 5 and I believe the yarn and canvas
        C. The results do not really matter but it always helps you to stand out when you win or get more correct.
5. Then you have lunch and this is when they make there first cut.
6. Then they do one on one interviews (they say they are holding those people back because they did not fill out some of the paperwork correctly or need more information from them) This is there way of saying these people need to fill out employment forms.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult but it might be nice for someone that received an offer to say what they said during their group question. (What qualities make a good flight attendant)   View Answer

Flight Attendant

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at US Airways.

Interview Details Filled out online application.
Asked to complete video interview, was asked five questions for example: tell us about a time you had great customer service.

Haven't heard back from them at all.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you had conflicts with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Reservations Agent Interview

Reservations Agent
Liverpool, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at US Airways.

Interview Details Took 3 weeks approximately. Telephone interview on language skills and role play, and one final with 2 managers at the Liverpool offices, a bit more advanced and technical but nothing too hard. In the end they even showed me the office section by section. Traveled entirely on my own expenses.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected or out of the ordinary, standard questionnaire.   View Answer

Worked for US Airways? Contribute to the Community!