URS a company of AECOM Interview Questions

2.5

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at URS a company of AECOM in September 2013.

I'll be brief : (biased toward negative, however a collective view on the reader is strongly advised)

Their HR department does a good job of setting up the interview and communicate thoroughly.

However, the management and interviewers rank very poorly in my many years of work experience as a Professional Engineer and years of experience in interviews and engineering consulting. They basically give you a massive false hope for the job and a sense of urgent need on a job to a level that you almost basically give notice to current career. BUT be careful NOT to do so .

My experience:
    1- was that they wanted to interview me a for senior engineer position, but when I showed up for the interview after one of month of organizing for the interview, timing issues,... , they said they have somebody for that position and they are looking for a much junior position!

2- The junior position was to start "immediately" and I sensed that they were just kicking the tires in the tight British Columbia, Canada engineering consulting market and giving some false hopes to potentials, So I provided that I like to move forward with their junior position they are offering and communicated that to their HR, interviewer(s) by email and phone message after after the interview process.

3- No answers for couple of weeks, until I followed up the followup by calling one of the VP interviewers on the provided cell to get an update. Response was "we are still evaluating the offered position and we will let you know". Was that a joke or lack of integrity and professionalism, I would let the reader to judge based on this brief experience.

I would give one advice to all North American fellow engineers and other professionals:

1- Due to economic conditions in North America, a lot of engineering consulting companies are able to get away with their hiring, firing, and employe(r) royalty Mal-practices, lack of integrity, and their hire/fire practices. At the end, the engineer or technical professional always is the damaged product and always ends up in the street. Having your own best interest in mind is a good policy to follow. The royalty era is to be framed and be sold in small town antique shops.

2- Engineers are being thought in many school events and lectures to talk about knowledge modesty, however, a slight "fake it until you make it" within reach usually helps you to exceed in your field if you are the ambitious type.

Disclosure : I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions
    • unexpected : going for senior position, telling you that position is already fulfilled but there is this really junior position available. do you want it ?   View Answer

Human Resource Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied online – interviewed at URS a company of AECOM in March 2012.

Applied on-line, first contact with recruiter a phone call then within a week called for interview with recruiter and HR manager.

Site Supervisor/Safety Adviser/Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort McMurray, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort McMurray, AB

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at URS a company of AECOM in December 2011.

interview was great, old school, by an awesome person who had worked there for 25 years, not like these retarded behavior based interviews by some dumb hr person, who has never worked. It has been said that the behavior based interviews weed out the good people, and actually hire people who should not have been hired.....

Interview Questions
    • the questions were normal and the interview was great, and I in turn, did a great job!   View Answer
    negotiate, once they make an offer, because then you know that they want you.....

Human Resources Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at URS a company of AECOM in June 2011.

had a phone screen interview for appoximately 45 minutes with basic questions and an interperson interview over a month later. Very slow process and no communication bettween phone screen and actual face to face interview. It took them almost 3 weeks to call back to book the face to face.

Interview Questions
    not much room for negotiation

Accountant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at URS a company of AECOM.

Phone interview was quick and painless. Recruiter had prepared me for the areas to focus on for this particular role. the manager was far less experienced than I expected and was relatively new to the role at a few months - so they couldn't really answer the questions sufficiently.

Billing Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at URS a company of AECOM.

Two step process with current employees. I felt as if they already knew who they wanted but were going through the steps to make it seem fair. The interview went well, I felt very positive, received both the one on one interview and the panel interview, yet did not receive the job. Asked later for pointers on how to improve interview next or for feedback that would help me to avoid any danger areas that I may have stumbled into, never received follow-up.

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at URS a company of AECOM.

Phone interview with a Project Managers. Lasted about an hour. Asked questions about work experiences and classes. Talked about their job responsibilities and the company culture. Very laid back and was a get to know you interview. Not many technical or behavioral questions. The overall interview process was quick. They were flexible about speeding up the whole process and quick to make a decision. Employees are very knowledgeable and always willing to answer questions. Great office.

None

Cvcx Interview

I applied online – interviewed at URS a company of AECOM.

So the process was easy for me because I was recommended to the hiring manager. He was kind and asked me general questions about my knowledge and understanding of maintenance concepst

vxvxcvxcvxcdd

Graduate Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at URS a company of AECOM in August 2014.

Took 2 months from the initial application to be offered an interview, which is quite a long wait, the job description was vague at best, making it very difficult to prepare for the interview properly as as an electrical engineer you can be doing any number of jobs. The interview was very enjoyable, very friendly and relaxing atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions at all, more of a personality based interview   Answer Question

Logistics Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at URS a company of AECOM.

The initial interview was the only interview I needed to get hired. I simply went in well dressed with the attitude that I already had the job. I was asked a couple of minor questions about previous work experience. The one and only job related question I was asked was if I knew what an NSN was.

Interview Questions
    • The questions asked were just your normal run of the mill interview questions. Nothing too difficult at all.   Answer Question
    The pay and benefits package were so good who would need to negotiate it.