UPS Interview Questions

Updated 17 Oct, 2014
Updated 17 Oct, 2014

2.1

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UPS in August 2014.

Well, it was a pretty straightforward interview. Met at the security check and then walked into the facility to meet our representative. Took about a half an hour or so to tour the facility. Then, we were asked if the position seemed like something that you could see yourself doing and if the hours worked with your schedule (there were two shifts available at the time). We were then given a background check paper to fill out if we were interested and interviewed one by one. Most questions the HR rep that I had said were things like, "Why do you want to work for UPS?" & "What makes you qualified for this position?" But, for myself, it was a cake walk. Was told they would give me a call back if they felt I was right for the position. This was on a Thursday. They followed up and called me in for a second interview the following week on Tuesday, so overall I had a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    No negoations. Take it or leave it. They offered me $11.35/hr.

Package Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at UPS.

An overview of the job- then a week of classes and training- includes a lot of safety and driving skills- then co workers takes you out on the route you will be doing for a week- then your on your own

Interview Questions
    • Learning all the safety procedures then memorizing them and you have to say them on command at anytime.   Answer Question
    No negotiation process- set salaries- union workers

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UPS.

The process is very thorough, and sometimes lengthy. Some hired around the same time as me were strung along for as much as 6 months. It is not uncommon for the communication to go cold and then weeks later receive an offer. So hang in there.

Co Op Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UPS in August 2014.

Applied through university website and got a call the following week asking basic questions about my gpa, major and a little of what I currently know. Got another call the next week and set up a panel interview. Interview was fairly easy, most of the questions were based on my resume and also behavioral questions were asked. Just waiting on a call to see if I get hired or not.

Interview Questions
    • How do you go about testing your programs/applications.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UPS in August 2014.

Two sets of interview. Aplied online.
    Set up the first interview and then got through the second
    First had the director and the second was done with a supervisor. They were very professional

UPS Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at UPS in August 2014.

Addison August 2014, applied on line. Then immediately directed to set up an interview appointment.
    A few drop down menus to set up date and time (all very accommodating) and you are set. I set the interview up for the the following day.

The process was all very simple.

Interview Questions
    • Very low key office, looks like you are inside a temporary building. Surprised at the "shabbiness" of it (for lack of a better word). Didn't really get to any questions, job explained, NO guaranteed hours, at $8.50 an hour. I thanked her, apologized for wasting her time, she apologized that the the listed job is not more explicit in explaining hours and wage, I left.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS in August 2014.

Interview was at the warehouse with the HR department. The actual position is HR assistant. The interview was scheduled at 9. Five other people showed up for the same position. The HR person described detail of job and answered any questions.

Interview Questions
    • If a person approach you on the street would you be backing away or forward and friendly ?   Answer Question

UPS Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS in August 2014.

Shouldn't even be considered an interview but more like just processing you for the job. you could just dress casually. don't worry about clothing. went in and waited for a while then the entire group went around the facility for a tour. came back to the little room we wait in for a 1 on 1 but its not even an interview then we have to come back next week to finalize things and now your hired.

Mondays started too early for me 5:00PM

Part Time Driver Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UPS in August 2014.

Group interview, poor quality. Approximately 30 people were herded into a small room, presentation was not given very well. Candidates were brought into a separate room, people who had come early, were forced to waait over an hour to be called, interview was very unprofessional.

Package Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS in August 2014.

Interviews are scheduled online right after you complete the application process. Interview process is very straightforward, detailed information about the job and job requirements. After the initial presentation the HR people bring you in 1 on 1 for the interview, they'll take your driving transcript and make a copy of your SS and Drivers License. After that the process is background checks which generally take 2 weeks, after the checks and driving records are in if they want to offer a job they'll contact you to setup a DOT physical and a driving test.

Never heard back, online job status does NOT update.