UPS Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr, 2015

2.0

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wyoming, MI (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UPS (Wyoming, MI (US)).

Interview

They give you first a tour of the shop, explain what you need to do and what it about the job, after that return to a room and they said we need to call after. Two days if we are interest in the job, because they don't call you that what the. Hhrr said ,well I call for appointment for a interwia and then never call me back so many words was a waist of time

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UPS.

Interview

HR department asked basic questions. It lasted for 15 minutes.the interview was at 11 pm in the evening. Very casual. She reviewed my online application. She showed me the sorters chart that needs to memorized if I chose to be a sorter.

Interview Questions

• Main question was, HR stated that they have been through a lot of interviews so what makes me stand out more than other candidates? Other general background questions. Did not ask for references and did not dig too deep into my background. She mainly was looking for if I have the ability to do the job.   1 Answer

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UPS.

Interview

It was easy to get invited to the orientation and start work. As long as your background was clean and you didn't have a felony, you were accepted. If you want to get promoted quickly, apply for the MAPP process or for a Driver position as soon as your probationary period is over. Keep on pressuring them for what ever you want to do and show that you are willing to do the work. Don't show up late and go above and beyond.

Loader Interview

Interview

She said call back in a week for a second interview I called three times never return my calls I really need a job but they still hiring and that makes me upset because I could be working and they could've filled the position

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS.

Interview

Took the tour. HR did a good job scaring people away with "hard labor, early morning/late night, etc". I asked a few drivers and they said it wasn't super hard, just a little tough if not a morning person.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a workplace accident occurred?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you had any kind of conflict with another employee?   Answer Question

Pay wasn't great and the union dues seemed ridiculous to me for a low paying job

Package Handler Interview

Interview

Took the tour. Had to call pretty frequently to get a hold of someone for the interview though. Just put the effort and show you can handle hard work. Because the job is hard. Tip...bring some headphones and listen to music while working. Helps alot.

Interview Questions

• Just the basics. Why UPS. Can you lift 50ibs. Provide transportation.   Answer Question

Communications Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UPS.

Interview

I had FIVE rounds of interviews - 3 of them before I ever met with anyone about the actual role I was being considered for. It started with a phone screen with Talent Acquisition. I then had to go in to take a basic business skills test. I was told it would take 2 hours. I had a job at the time, so I was missing work to do this.

They pack 15 or so people into a tiny room in the basement with old computers and someone from HR calls someone else in HR and gives them a name of the person in the room. The HR person hangs up and waits for a different HR person to call him back with an access code for that individual. Imagine how long this takes! I almost got up and left the room and abandoned the entire process. In my situation, they ended up having two people with the same name and it wreaked havoc. We were all waiting in the room for almost 2 hours before we were even allowed to start the test. All in all, it took about 4 hours instead of 2.

My next round was a "panel" interview. it was done over the phone with HR. They asked me 6 questions focused on general business and management situations. I had a brief time to plan my answers and was encouraged to be as thorough as possible and give examples.

After this round, I was finally able to talk with the actual Hiring Manager. It was a phone call. I was then asked to come in again to meet with the boss of the Hiring Manager. That was a 45-minute meeting plus travel time, parking, etc.

I heard nothing for 3 weeks. I emailed the hiring manager. HR called me the next day and said they were still working on the position, and asked if I was still interested. A week later I had an offer.

My entire interview process took over 3 months for a bottom-level management position. Oye.

Interview Questions

• The panel interview was agnostic to industry so I got a question about having to deal with an irate customer. I didn't really have to do that in my relevant work experience, so I had to throw together something that sort of worked and sell it in.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I WAS able to negotiate. I received more money and more vacation. However, I was unable to secure a signing bonus, confirmation that I would have a company phone and any kind of definitive answer on teleworking/flexible work schedules.

Once I started, only then was I told that I had to wait a year to be eligible for teleworking which was difficult because I had this perk at my last job. And only once I started did I find out that the job required rotating nights and weekend on-call monitoring and coverage amongst the team members. That's a big deal to not mention in an interview process! All in all, the interview process is not transparent at all, even if you ask questions and push.

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at UPS.

Interview

i applied online in early november. at the end of the online application i signed up for a tour, which happened a few days later. after the tour they didn't even really interview me, they mainly just confirmed my information that was on record and asked me if i was interested in the job.

Interview Questions

• is the information on your application correct?   2 Answers

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS (Secaucus, NJ (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

It was an easy interview. First there was a tour of the facility with the rest of the applicants and then a one on one interview. He asked very basic questions and he also discuss if I was ok with the salary that I will receive. He said it is hard work and wanted to make sure that I was willing to work hard. This is the easiest interview that I have ever had.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UPS (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Detailed, test included on reasoning. Very structured environment. 3 interviews. Two in the phone and one face to face with a panel role playing. They hire within a lot and i was coming from the outside with a ton of experience. They will likely hire someone less qualified if they already work there.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled objection in the past   1 Answer