UPS

Updated 25 Nov, 2014
Updated 25 Nov, 2014

2.0

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS in October 2014.

Fast interview. As long as you're physically fit and have reliable transportation, they'll hire you. Applied online, set an appointment for a tour, interview afterwards, and then the call.

Interview Questions
    • They basically asked me why I wanted to work there... not much to it.   Answer Question
    None.

Driver Helper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS in October 2014.

Thr0ugh the Snagajob website, I applied and was directed to the online application at UPS.com. I filled out background information, education and work experience. I answered some additional questions basic questions. Once I submitted the application I was contacted to come in for an interview and told to bring with me two forms of identification such as a drivers license and passport. When I arrived at the interview I was asked to read and complete as additional online application. After completing that, I was called in for a one on one interview. It was very basic and only lasted 10-15n minutes. I was asked a few questions about my work experience and why I wanted the job. I was provided information about the job and included an explanation of the basic job tasks. I was told once paper work was processed, I would be contacted to attend an orientation and training session.

Interview Questions
    straight forward. I was told exactly what I would be making and the basic terms of employment as a part time seasonal position.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UPS.

It was more like a group at the beginning. We all sat in the conference room and the manager introduce himself. After the manager discuss the process of how the job and union labor work he did a one on one interview.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY (US)

I applied online – interviewed at UPS in October 2014.

The hiring was different. The first round was a tour of the facility and a very brief overview of the company including a few slides about benefits. Honestly, the presentation was lousy. There were 15 of us grouped together to look over the plant with an HR rep. that could barely be heard above the hum of the moving belts. Additionally, the rep. rapped up the plant tour by saying, "I can schedule an appointment for a second interview if any of you are still interested in working at UPS". It felt as if this person was apologizing. When did you make a real effort to win me over? After several questions at the end I felt like I had a decent idea of what was expected.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected questions. It was a straight forward and simple.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

UPS Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS in October 2014.

I applied 10/20/14 and received my invitation for my interview at the end of the application. The interview time was for that day at 5. I immediately accepted it and printed off the directions. I showed up 20 minutes early but walked in 15 minutes early. Where I went for my interview was not the location of where I would be working if offered the job. I sat in the lobby for someone to come get me for like maybe 5-8 minutes. One other person showed up for an interview. When I was taken to the back I was then placed in a room with about 4 other candidates. The hiring people came to the door about every 5-10 minutes asking who was next. When it came to my turn I was called back and asked a few questions. I was offered the job on the spot. So my entire process took less than 24 hours because I applied 10/20 at about 7 or 8 in the morning.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't anything difficult about this interview. They did ask me to wear khakis or jeans and boots but when I got to the place it was an office building.   Answer Question

Seasonal Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD (US)

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UPS in October 2014.

Information session, one on one interview, group interview with training manager, one week training. You don't get benefits since its seasonal. It's a lot of material crammed in one week of training.

No negotiation

HUB SUPERVISOR PART TIME Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS in October 2014.

i receibed a call to invite to a meeting with 12 people more. we did have a tour to their hub to see kind of job it is about, and the hr superviser was explaining the job like he want to scare us. he were talking about all benefits and the culture of the company. then we will invite to the next day to have am interview 1:1 asking commun questions

Interview Questions
    • why you want to work here, what is reliable transportation, what shift do you able to work, tell me avout you ect   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at UPS in October 2014.

I signed up online for the tour of the company. We went through and were showed the inner workings and how the company functioned. Next we were sitting in a waiting room scheduling interviews and everybody there got one, so then I set up an interview. The interview went well and had all basic questions.

UPS Package Handler Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UPS in October 2014.

After completing the application, I signed up for a facility tour. It was early morning (either 7 or 7:30); make sure you're on time, otherwise, you'll have to sign up for the next one. We were taken around the facility, shown the different work areas, given explanations of each job, & returned to a meeting room. The HR lady then gave more detail about the position's duties, shift, & expectations. After which, she stated that she would understand if the job wasn't what a person was looking for & if that was so, feel free to leave & any others could stay for the interview. The interview was maybe 10 min.; pretty easy too.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation.... Take it or leave it.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gulfport, MS (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gulfport, MS (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UPS in October 2014.

Found job opening on job site. Went to UPS site to complete application. At the end it said next appt/tour was later that morning. I booked it and went to the local job center where it was being held. About 15 people met in a conference room where the recruiter talked about the company and the jobs available. Then we met with her one on one for a brief interview. Just basic easy questions. She entered information into her computer as we spoke. Told her I had a felony and she acted as though it were no big deal. She said she would email once the background check came back in 5 to 7 days, although in my case it could be a little longer due to my background.

It has been three weeks and I have yet to hear from them. I hear having to wait two to three weeks is common, however.

Interview Questions
    • Can you lift 35lbs continuously and can you lift up to 70lbs?   Answer Question