UPS Interview Questions

Updated 22 Sep, 2014
Updated 22 Sep, 2014

2.1

Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at UPS.

Applied Online. Received a call to come in for a tour of the facility. I arrived 10-15 minutes before the tour and one of the employees showed me and another guy around, and explained the position. It seemed as if they were trying to scare us with the amount of work/lifting required. I was told I would be called within the next two weeks for an interview.

The following week I was called in for an interview. I arrived 15 minutes before my interview time and there were four other men there for interviews. Some interviews took longer than others. When I went in, the interviewer told me she's looking at my address and a different location is closer to my house. I explained that I applied to the other position, but had not heard anything from them. She essentially told me they have a lot of applicants and I need to wait. She did not ask me any interview questions, she based her decision solely on my address. The other location is actually 5-7 minutes shorter of a commute, so I didn't understand the big deal. Furthermore, they had my address before I came in for both the tour and the interview, so they could have made that decision without me being present.

UPS Preload Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at UPS.

If you get contacted for an interview you pretty much have the job unless you yourself are psyched out once you actually see the madness of what is UPS. It's basically orientation on what goes on, but really is nothing like that upon beginning to work. Its a job where you hate it or you reallly hate it.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UPS in July 2014.

You arrive to the site and wait outside for everyone else to arrive. The site manager comes out to gather everyone in a huddle and went down the roster. Next, she talked a little about the position and made sure everyone was still interested. We was advised that the tour would take approx. two hours (which it did). We walked through security and went on a tour of the site. She described all three departments (forget the titles of them). Afterwards, we huddled and she went into detail regarding opportunities of growth, benefits, and pay structure. Towards the end, we went downstairs to a classroom and filled out a sheet for general background information. Lastly, we had to go into a separate room and have a 10 - 15 minute one-on-one with the site manager. This interview was very causal and informal. The site manager was very relatable.

Interview Questions
    • What do you/have you done that require you being very physical?   Answer Question
    • Are you able to come in 2 - 3 hours before your shift (4:45a - 9:15a) when needed?   Answer Question
    • How's your criminal background?   Answer Question
    • Do you have reliable transportation?   Answer Question
    • Will you be able to commit to working more hours per day during 'Peak' season (holidays)?   Answer Question

Part-time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Acworth, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Acworth, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at UPS in July 2014.

Interview Questions
    • I was only asked to confirm my address.   View Answer

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at UPS.

Applied online, and scheduled an interview/tour thing. Went down there and there were 25 other people there total interviewing as well. The lady took us through the warehouse and told us about everything. Then we were led back to the first building and had to wait in line as we were interviewed one by one. I was pretty much in the middle of the line at least, and ended up waiting about an hour. The actual interview was really quick. She didn't even ask anything like why I wanted to work there, she just quickly looked over the paper I(and everyone else) filled out and asked about hour availability and if I was going to college or not. That was pretty much it then I left.

Whole thing took like 2 or 3 hours, most of it was waiting in line for the extremely short interview.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at UPS in July 2014.

Took tour of facility. Went back for interview with HR took about 5 minutes before they gave me the verbal offer. Overall extremely easy and enjoyable. They do interviews for the overnight shift at that time so 11pm is when you start.

Interview Questions
    • They mentioned that I may want to wait about 30 days and start circulating my resume to potentially be able to progress from inside the company. They were worried that I was over qualified for the position.   View Answer

UPS Preload Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

interviewed at UPS in July 2014.

After submitting your application at any major hub you're likely to be contacted by a lead HR rep. You'll be called in for a group interview/tour where every potential employee is briefed on the physical requirements and such things. Basically, if you can show the HR rep that you know what is expected of you and you will work hard they will call about another interview within a few days. If they do not call again you may go in person to the HR department and ask about whether or not they will give you a shot, this will seal the deal. If you go in person and show you have high interest they will set an appointment for you on the spot and then you have the job. The interview questions are as simple as this, "Can you lift 'n' amount of pounds nonstop?", "Can you show up on time every day?".

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the interview is not a question but is impressing the HR rep. However this is unnecessary if you just go in person after your first interview.   Answer Question
    There was no need to negotiate as the starting pay was much higher than I could have expected, $11/hr. If you are being offered below that try to negotiate up to $11, that is what the HR guys are allowed to pay without contacting corporate.

Package Delivery Driver Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at UPS in July 2014.

Applied online for a seasonal delivery driver position at UPS. Once the application was filled, an interview date was set online.
    Basic interview, with common questions for the position : ability to drive a manual transmission vehicle, good driving record.
    Once offered the position, you have to pass the DOT test, an internal training (modules, etc), a driving training and finally a 30-day trial doing the job.

I was looking for a permanent full time position.

UPS Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hodgkins, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hodgkins, IL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at UPS in July 2014.

Applied online and got an interview that same day, I rescheduled the interview for the next day so I could be better prepared. I was interviewed by an African American lady - at first she looked kind of mean/strict but throughout the interview she turned out to be really nice & cool.

Interview Questions
    • During the interview she basically just wanted to know about my previous jobs - what made me apply at UPS? And things like that.   Answer Question
    No negotiating - but after 40 days you can get promoted.

UPS Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westmont, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westmont, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at UPS in July 2014.

Okay so I first applied online and immediately after they set up an appointment (right after you fill out the application it sets up and appointment) at there main cooperation in Addison. I drove there and they told me about the job and everything I should expect. Then I finished the rest of the application there. They make copies of your two forms of Id. After that they set up a tour. I went to the tour. They show ou everything from the trucks to inside the truck and how they should be ordered and how everything has a place. After the tour I got called later that day cause the supervisor really liked me. He was like "I want her" haha so that's about it and I have orientation on Tuesday :)

Interview Questions
    They actually told me if I didn't like something or it's to hard I can try other areas cause there's something for everyone