UPS Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
595 interviews

2.1

Local Sort- Unload Interview

I was hired on the spot because I knew a driver and he gave me a good word with the Local HR rep. There was no interview process. At the time, UPS was short handed because it was Christmas Time and they needed the help. I applied to a small center simply for the benfits and I wound up making a life of it.

PT Package Handler Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UPS in May 2014.

took way too long 3 week process, an interview everyweek, some people come in dressed up some dont, they hire anyone dont try and act too over qualified they supervisors are and you have to do 1 week in class room training it feelt like schoo took way too long 3 week process, an interview everyweek, some people come in dressed up some dont, they hire anyone dont try and act too over qualified they supervisors are and you have to do 1 week in class room training it feelt like schoo

Interview Questions
    • they just want to know if your going to quit like everyone else does   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at UPS in August 2012.

Test (excel + access), HR interview (1st round - average interview about experiences), management interview(average + professional with situations). Why do I want to work for the company? What did I do? Why I am the best? What are my expectaions?

Package Handler Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at UPS.

Applied Online. Received a call to come in for a tour of the facility. I arrived 10-15 minutes before the tour and one of the employees showed me and another guy around, and explained the position. It seemed as if they were trying to scare us with the amount of work/lifting required. I was told I would be called within the next two weeks for an interview.

The following week I was called in for an interview. I arrived 15 minutes before my interview time and there were four other men there for interviews. Some interviews took longer than others. When I went in, the interviewer told me she's looking at my address and a different location is closer to my house. I explained that I applied to the other position, but had not heard anything from them. She essentially told me they have a lot of applicants and I need to wait. She did not ask me any interview questions, she based her decision solely on my address. The other location is actually 5-7 minutes shorter of a commute, so I didn't understand the big deal. Furthermore, they had my address before I came in for both the tour and the interview, so they could have made that decision without me being present.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UPS in July 2014.

You arrive to the site and wait outside for everyone else to arrive. The site manager comes out to gather everyone in a huddle and went down the roster. Next, she talked a little about the position and made sure everyone was still interested. We was advised that the tour would take approx. two hours (which it did). We walked through security and went on a tour of the site. She described all three departments (forget the titles of them). Afterwards, we huddled and she went into detail regarding opportunities of growth, benefits, and pay structure. Towards the end, we went downstairs to a classroom and filled out a sheet for general background information. Lastly, we had to go into a separate room and have a 10 - 15 minute one-on-one with the site manager. This interview was very causal and informal. The site manager was very relatable.

Interview Questions
    • What do you/have you done that require you being very physical?   Answer Question
    • Are you able to come in 2 - 3 hours before your shift (4:45a - 9:15a) when needed?   Answer Question
    • How's your criminal background?   Answer Question
    • Do you have reliable transportation?   Answer Question
    • Will you be able to commit to working more hours per day during 'Peak' season (holidays)?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UPS in March 2012.

You will first take a personality test to determine if you will move on to the actual interviews. You will then interview with 3 or 4 managers in a panel where they will ask you detailed questions about your work history and interactions with customers and how it would relate to sales at UPS. After that interview if you are recommended for hire, you will meet with HR and an offer will be made.

Interview Questions
    • This was tough because I interviewed so long ago, but it would probably have to do with teamwork that lead to problem solving. No two interviews will be the same because of the panel style.   Answer Question
    I would suggest not taking the very first offer, however, someone off the street will make more than an internal candidate.

Drivers Helper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at UPS in November 2013.

it was pretty simple and easy apply online then schedule a interview.. went in and was told come in the next day there was 30+ people that day for a interview showed us a safty video sign paper work and was ask are u ready to make a commitment then people was called in one on one and I was ask to come back the next day when I found out I was hired

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions just ask why you want to work at U.P.S?   Answer Question
    none

UPS Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westmont, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westmont, IL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at UPS in July 2014.

Okay so I first applied online and immediately after they set up an appointment (right after you fill out the application it sets up and appointment) at there main cooperation in Addison. I drove there and they told me about the job and everything I should expect. Then I finished the rest of the application there. They make copies of your two forms of Id. After that they set up a tour. I went to the tour. They show ou everything from the trucks to inside the truck and how they should be ordered and how everything has a place. After the tour I got called later that day cause the supervisor really liked me. He was like "I want her" haha so that's about it and I have orientation on Tuesday :)

Interview Questions
    They actually told me if I didn't like something or it's to hard I can try other areas cause there's something for everyone

Customer Support Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Middleburg Heights, OH (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Middleburg Heights, OH (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UPS in June 2014.

I applied online at the Upsjobs.com site and about a week later, I was called in for an interview. The interview was 1 on 1 with the HR rep. She followed a written format for the interview. I was called back over two weeks later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me was about my weaknesses as an employee. I also had to list some of my strengths as well. Another question I was asked was why did I want to work for UPS. I suggest preparing a good answer for this question by researching the company a bit.   View Answer

I was offered a full time job that I thought would be a better fit.

PT Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cerritos, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA (US)

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at UPS in January 2014.

You start of as a package handler than get asked if you want to get promoted or ask if you can be promoted, you go through the promotion process for like a month then you're in a pool of qualified people whom want to become a pt supervisor. But it's up to you.. The harder you work the more they notice.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in a situation when an employee doesn't want to listen to you?   Answer Question