UPS Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr, 2015

2.0

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UPS (Montreal, QC) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received call. Interviewed for the position. Became a candidate on short-list of finalists. Was called back a week later to confirm I had received the offer. Accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Has a client ever caused you a disturbance and you had to resolve it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple. Offered and accepted.

Package Handler - Pre-Loader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dartmouth, NS

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS (Dartmouth, NS).

Interview

Applied online and received a call a couple of days later for an interview. I got called back for a second interview which included a brief tour of the facility. I was told that I'd be contacted for training dates but was never contacted and when I contacted the person who interviewed me to request information about training dates he did not return my call.

Interview Questions

I didn't actually decline. They said they were calling me back for a training session and didn't follow through.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UPS.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn I received a call about a week later. I was asked to come in for an interview (security was very tight). I was required to right a sales assessment test. I scored 80 percent. I was then called back for another interview. this was supposed to be a panel interview but instead it was almost a repeat of the last interview. They didn't call me back and i should have got the job.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vaughan, ON

Application

interviewed at UPS (Vaughan, ON) in May 2013.

Interview

You drive to the company and sign in, and then you have to fill out an extensive application, they ask you about your previous employers, references, and if you have a criminal record.
    After the application is filled out you have 75 minutes to fill out an online "Sales Test" which is a long questionnaire about what you would do in certain sales circumstances and working with employees. If you pass the sales test they will call you for a secondary interview.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS (Montreal, QC) in March 2013.

Interview

I initially submitted a C.V. through LinkedIn and received a call from the person at CareerBuilder. I conducted an initial phone screening and then I received a call the following day from a recruiter at UPS in Montreal. Then I was invited to perform a Sales Battery Test. I did not pass this test as I have no prior direct experience in sales. The process was fair but I recommend only for sales professionals with previous aggressive tactics developed & a proven track record of meeting sales quotas.

Interview Questions

• The ISR position is a sales position with lots of cold-calling and pushy sales tactics. UPS wants you to take business from competitors and to not take << no >> for an answer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at UPS.

Interview

Phone - basic questions

Warehouse Early Morning Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS (Calgary, AB) in January 2011.

Interview

Informal, told me about the job

Interview Questions

• There wa sno actual interview question, they asked if i was avaiable to work the shift   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at UPS.

Interview

Asked questions about education and experience. Asked if I was willing to travel and work nights and weekends. Wanted to know if I was willing to relocate if needed.

Interview Questions

• Describe your education as it applies to the position   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

short personal interview. hiring was fairly quick after interview process. it was professional and easy to talk with hiring manager. great for first time workers and those in need of a full time position for a short period of time. gets you ready for other customer service jobs. hourly flexible by shifts.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS (New York, NY (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Disorganized dog-and-pony show; two-day process for me to discover it is a come-on. I applied online on a Thursday. The system gave me an appointment immediately for the following Monday at 2pm. I was one of about 25 candidates. The HR rep gave us a rundown of the job, pay, benefits, etc. Those of us still interested were told to come back for interviews the next day. We did, all for the same time, and were told the rep would be an hour late. "How do you interview everyone at once?" you might ask. You don't. So the process took HOURS. It is much like going for a civil service job--you wait, and wait, and wait, and get jerked around.

I came to find out UPS is not really serious about hiring anybody. You need 40 working days to get on the job or they let you go (you may be scheduled and show up only to find out they don't need you and be sent home). A lot of guys are let go after 39 days. They don't make the union, they don't get on the job. UPS just uses them as non-union, temporary help while making them think they're getting a job out of it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for UPS? (This is really the only question.)   1 Answer