UPS

589 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UPS.

Interview Details I applied via LinkedIn I received a call about a week later. I was asked to come in for an interview (security was very tight). I was required to right a sales assessment test. I scored 80 percent. I was then called back for another interview. this was supposed to be a panel interview but instead it was almost a repeat of the last interview. They didn't call me back and i should have got the job.

Interview Question – what do you know about ups   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Vaughan, ON

I interviewed at UPS in May 2013.

Interview Details You drive to the company and sign in, and then you have to fill out an extensive application, they ask you about your previous employers, references, and if you have a criminal record.
After the application is filled out you have 75 minutes to fill out an online "Sales Test" which is a long questionnaire about what you would do in certain sales circumstances and working with employees. If you pass the sales test they will call you for a secondary interview.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Montreal, QC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UPS in March 2013.

Interview Details I initially submitted a C.V. through LinkedIn and received a call from the person at CareerBuilder. I conducted an initial phone screening and then I received a call the following day from a recruiter at UPS in Montreal. Then I was invited to perform a Sales Battery Test. I did not pass this test as I have no prior direct experience in sales. The process was fair but I recommend only for sales professionals with previous aggressive tactics developed & a proven track record of meeting sales quotas.

Interview Question – The ISR position is a sales position with lots of cold-calling and pushy sales tactics. UPS wants you to take business from competitors and to not take << no >> for an answer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied in-person and interviewed at UPS.

Interview Details Phone - basic questions

Interview Question – What do you know about UPS' operations   Answer Question

Warehouse Early Morning Interview

Warehouse Early Morning
Calgary, AB

I applied through another source and the process took a day - interviewed at UPS in January 2011.

Interview Details Informal, told me about the job

Interview Question – There wa sno actual interview question, they asked if i was avaiable to work the shift   Answer Question

General Ledger Accountant Interview

General Ledger Accountant
Coppell, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at UPS in May 2013.

Interview Details As a referral applicant, I sent email to a specific contact. It was only a matter of days when I received a reply email asking me to show up for interview.

During the interview, I was asked standard interview questions: Tell me about yourself. Where do you see yourself in X years, etc. Interviewers are looking for people with former account reconciliation experience; along with strong Microsoft Excel/Access expertise.

Interview Question – Why did you choose Accounting as a career?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Neg

Industrial Engineer Interview

Industrial Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at UPS.

Interview Details I was contacted within a couple weeks. I met them at a job fair, so it's likely they had a lot of applicants to process. I was brought in for an in person interview where I was asked pretty typical questions. There was also a basic skills test with very easy math and problem solving as well as an aptitude test. Overall, not too bad. As long as you've done a few interviews before and have some decent experience or extra curricular activities you should be fine. Have examples of you problem solving, meeting goals, mediating confrontation, and leading. The aptitude looks for consistency most of all, you can choose what you will, but it has to be dead consistent.

Interview Question – Tell me about a goal you met and how you achieved it.
Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a coworker and how you overcame that challenge.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None whatsoever, at the intern level, they have a set package. Time off and personal days are at the discretion of your manager and supervisor which could be good or bad.

Package Handler Interview

Package Handler
Oakland, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at UPS in April 2011.

Interview Details Took four days but was very educational.they go over all the rules and regulations , they tour the work plant and make bages for entering into the building it is truly an exspierince.

Interview Question – Learning their five key to lifting and lowering .   Answer Question

UPS Sorter Interview

UPS Sorter

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at UPS.

Interview Details Applied online, scheduled tour online also. During tour walked around facility and was given descriptions of different position within the facility. After tour taken into a room and asked if I felt I could do the job I said and and was hired just like that

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Part Time Package Handler
Hodgkins, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at UPS in May 2014.

Interview Details Super easy interview, most of it is just to confirm things on your app, but there is a massive catch: the main one being that the pay is LAUGHABLE for work you'll be putting into one shift, and they know it.

Even worse, they take out union dues every single week, more than one and 1/2 of your hourly rate in most cases, even though you don't have any union protection during your first 40 days of work and can be fired merely because you didn't dot your I's or cross your T's (which is a scam in my book, but that's a story for another day).

Add in the fact that it's an unsafe working environment at best, and that the job description lies about the 70 pounds thing (you'll have to lift over 70's when putting in or unloading "bulk") and again, the meager pay, I'll just flat out say you're better off literally flipping burgers than risking your neck as a "package handler" at UPS.

Oh, and if you're thinking of going in at the bottom and trying to move up, think again! They have a "non-rehire" policy, so if you suck at loading or unloading, or you full time supervisor doesn't like you, you'll never be able to work for the company again!

So think hard before you pursue this position.

Interview Question – None. Depending on the HR rep you get, they might toss in "Why do you want to work for UPS" or "What does safety mean to you?", but they really use the 40 day work period as the interview.

The hard part is getting a call back.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. $8.50. Take it or leave it.

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!