UPS

2.0

Package Handler - Pre-Loader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dartmouth, NS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dartmouth, NS

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS.

Applied online and received a call a couple of days later for an interview. I got called back for a second interview which included a brief tour of the facility. I was told that I'd be contacted for training dates but was never contacted and when I contacted the person who interviewed me to request information about training dates he did not return my call.

Interview Questions

I didn't actually decline. They said they were calling me back for a training session and didn't follow through.

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UPS.

I applied via LinkedIn I received a call about a week later. I was asked to come in for an interview (security was very tight). I was required to right a sales assessment test. I scored 80 percent. I was then called back for another interview. this was supposed to be a panel interview but instead it was almost a repeat of the last interview. They didn't call me back and i should have got the job.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vaughan, ON
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vaughan, ON

interviewed at UPS in May 2013.

You drive to the company and sign in, and then you have to fill out an extensive application, they ask you about your previous employers, references, and if you have a criminal record.
    After the application is filled out you have 75 minutes to fill out an online "Sales Test" which is a long questionnaire about what you would do in certain sales circumstances and working with employees. If you pass the sales test they will call you for a secondary interview.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS in March 2013.

I initially submitted a C.V. through LinkedIn and received a call from the person at CareerBuilder. I conducted an initial phone screening and then I received a call the following day from a recruiter at UPS in Montreal. Then I was invited to perform a Sales Battery Test. I did not pass this test as I have no prior direct experience in sales. The process was fair but I recommend only for sales professionals with previous aggressive tactics developed & a proven track record of meeting sales quotas.

Interview Questions
    • The ISR position is a sales position with lots of cold-calling and pushy sales tactics. UPS wants you to take business from competitors and to not take << no >> for an answer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at UPS.

Phone - basic questions

Warehouse Early Morning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS in January 2011.

Informal, told me about the job

Interview Questions
    • There wa sno actual interview question, they asked if i was avaiable to work the shift   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS.

Very basic questions regarding your past experience, asked about the understanding about the interviewed position, went through background, and if you wanted to raise any questions regarding the job

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS.

I was surprised at how many people were there along with me -- if they do the tour/interview every day for a bunch of consecutive days, seems like I have some competition! They brought us into the facility, read us a printout explaining wages/benefits/union dues and the physical intensity of the job, then led us to the loading and unloading areas, as well as explaining sorting. We stood inside a semi truck and looked at the conveyor belts moving packages along. For unloading it seems like you just tear the packages out as fast as you can while still making sure they're address-label-up -- the loading part we didn't get to see as the truck the interviewer took us to was half-full but vacant, I guess they were on break. The interview was super brief, so brief I forgot my well-rehearsed speech (lol) and who knows what the interviewer thought of me.

Interview Questions
    • Not unexpected -- just do you have any questions, do you have any experience in this type of job, do think you'd do this job 12+ months.   Answer Question

Package Handler Interview

Took the tour. Had to call pretty frequently to get a hold of someone for the interview though. Just put the effort and show you can handle hard work. Because the job is hard. Tip...bring some headphones and listen to music while working. Helps alot.

Interview Questions
    • Just the basics. Why UPS. Can you lift 50ibs. Provide transportation.   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Not difficult at all. You must be knowledgeable and able to explain your answers in great detail. Be professional at all times and respectful of the people that work for you.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing unexpected. I went in knowing what will be asked of me.   Answer Question