UCLA Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014
98 interviews

2.6

Administrative Assistant Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at UCLA in September 2013.

I applied through the UCLA job portal website for students and was contacted through email about 1.5 weeks later asking to come in for an in-person interview. The interview was pretty simple and straight forward, and the supervisor was very friendly! A week after I interviewed, I was offered the position via email.

Interview Questions
    • How will your past job experience allow you to succeed in this roll?   Answer Question
    No negotiation since the salary was pretty high.

Assistant Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at UCLA in July 2012.

you need to bring your own funding, gave them a presentation, and wait, wait, wait....wait, wait, wait....wait, wait, wait,wait, wait, wait,wait, wait, wait...........If no further money, you must get it out right away. Not a good place to focus on research, strongly suggest: if you want find a tennue position that can focus on your research, it is better not come to UCLA. So tough here. NO money, no lab, no position....

Assistant Researcher Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UCLA in September 2010.

No in site interview, only checked skills and experience by phone, email and referrals. Checked educational level. Contacted former employers by email and asked for detailed description of skills and experience. Received offer by emailed letter.

Lab Helper Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UCLA.

interview about job, just ask questions on what kinda of person you are, what major you are and ask you about past jobs. They then show you the lab and introduce you to everyone and introduce you to the pi. They tell you there are chances for independent research after a year at the job.

none

Faculty Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  UCLA, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in UCLA, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at UCLA.

Worst interview experience. I declined my offer in the end because of how rude the interviewers were to me. I was called a few days after applying to schedule a phone interview, then called the very next day to schedule an in-person interview for 2 days from then. I was NEVER told it was going to be a panel interview, nor told or given an apology for having the in-person interview under such short notice when everyone else was interviewing a week later. When I finally had the interview for this *entry level job*, the interviewers were the most confrontational, unfriendly, and unwelcoming interviewers. I wish I'd have complained to their boss. They would cut me off during my answers. Act dismissive towards any answer I gave, as if I was lying about very detailed facts like my GPA or my alma mater. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what my GPA was and then would challenge me as if they didn't believe me. They would ask "how does this make you feel" questions when referring tough responsibilities.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant III Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UCLA.

It's a LONG process, I think it varies for each department but usually you do a phone interview, then an in person interview with various people. Questions are not hard. Campus is huge so give yourself enough time to get lost if you're not familiar with the campus.

Interview Questions
    • General questions, nothing out of the ordinary - "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" "What would you say your previous employer would tell us you need to work on?" , etc.   Answer Question
    no negotiation, union job

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at UCLA in May 2010.

Steps includes emails,phone calls and face to face discussion by different peoples at different levels of positions in the lab. First a general background introduction is needed, then detailed questions based on your CV will be asked and the numbers of questions are depending on their satisfactions to your answers.Following this is specific technical questions concerning research experience, including how you solve problems based on your own capability. Finally is the future plan if you are hired and what requirements you have from the employer.

Interview Questions
    • what types of people you would like to become after a few years' work here?   Answer Question

Postgraduate Researcher Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at UCLA.

In person interview was formal, with an emphasis on technical questions. The hiring decision was made based upon recommendation letters, personal interviews, and an overall acceptance by the group I was going to work in. In general, it was a pretty standard postdoc interview process. I think anybody interviewing here should prepare for many questions about their prior research.

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at UCLA in February 2010.

phone call interview for you to talk about your research interests and experiences. You get to know more about the PhD requirements and lab cultures through the phone call as well

Desktop Analyst Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at UCLA in January 2014.

1 interview he ask technical question regarding the position. Can I do the job, have you done this kind of work before. Can we count on you, how well you work with others and can you work along and get the job done. would you accept a full time job if offer after the contract is over.

Interview Questions

Worked for UCLA? Contribute to the Community!