UC Davis

Updated 9 Dec, 2014
Updated 9 Dec, 2014

2.7

Senior Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UC Davis.

Working for the Information Center for the Environment required rigorous response to a host of questions related to public policies, programs and workplace preferences. Do your homework and review key articles by Project Manager staff and professors associated with ICE.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to provide an example of working with advocates to use science to better inform their decision making process.   View Answer
    private

Student Assistant III Interview

Applied on Aggie Joblink and got an interview in about 3 weeks. The questions were all behavioral, not technical. The people are extremely nice about everything, so don't be nervous or hesitate to apply.

Interview Questions
    Standard hourly rate for students.

AA III Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UC Davis in November 2014.

I was called for an interview a few days after the job posting closed. You interview with a panel of three people and they as many behavioral questions. I believe that they already have someone internal they want to hire and just interview out side applicants per policy.

Interview Questions
    • How to you handel multiple task with strict deadlines?   Answer Question

Computer Programmer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UC Davis.

Panel interview, where technical questions were asked that could be asked during day to day tasks. Hiring took some time but once it was completed it was a pretty straight forward process.

Technical Floor Staff III Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UC Davis in August 2014.

Laid back interview with a panel of 2 members of middle management and a veteran student employee. Basic 10 behavioral questions such as what is your greatest weakness, if you disagreed with your boss with a method how would you go about it etc...
    Emphasis on promptness and not being late, makes sense for a student employee job like this.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest weakness and how has that affected you in a work situation?   View Answer
    No negotiation all UC Davis student payroll is fixed.

Student Assistant III Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UC Davis.

Very informal interview, I heard of the job through a friend and contacted the employer directly, asking if they had any openings. When I went in for an interview, they asked me a few questions about my work ethic and gave me more info about the job. I took the job after the interview, filled out all the paperwork and was working within a week.

Postdoctoral Scholar Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UC Davis.

Personal meeting in a national conference followed by on-site interview. I gave a 30 minutes talk about my past research experience and answered several questions. Had a lunch with senior lab members.

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

I contacted several PIs about graduate student opportunities in their labs and the funding situation. I had phone conversations with them about these opportunities before my interview in the spring.

Junior Specialist Interview

there was not hiring process for this particular position. I knew the PI and it was completely up to him to bring people on. Other positions, I know, are not like this.

Bike Mechanic Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UC Davis.

I applied online through the ASUCD website with my resume. About a week or two later, they contacted me for an in-person interview. Simple questions were asked. What are your hobbies? Why do you want to become a bicycle mechanic? How is your schedule like? They are not extremely evaluative since they hire people with no experience. They hired me one hour later.

Interview Questions
    • None - no difficult questions for non-experienced mechanics   Answer Question