UC Davis

63 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Junior Specialist Interview

Interviewed at UC Davis

Interview Details there was not hiring process for this particular position. I knew the PI and it was completely up to him to bring people on. Other positions, I know, are not like this.

Student Graphic Designer Interview

Davis, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at UC Davis in June 2010.

Interview Details Was Contacted by Marketing Manager, given three time slots and interviewed at the ARC although the office was located at the Memorial Union.

Once there, I was interviewed by the current student marketing manager and the Faculty Manager. The interview was about 1.5 hours long, they had many questions regarding my past experiences, my resume, my portfolio and projects I've done. They also asked many scenario questions relating to my potential position and I brought past experiences to deal with it.

Knowledge for the company and its branches is a must, and understanding what the role as well as what the company does for other units is important.

Interview Question – They brought in past pieces and asked me to critique and judge them.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay

Very Easy Interview

Ad Manager Interview

Davis, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UC Davis in November 2012.

Interview Details Initial communication then two interviews. Had to start as an ad representative.

Interview Question – How will you increase revenue.   View Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Davis, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at UC Davis in June 2012.

Interview Details Professional process. Asked 10-15 questions about your graphic design experience. Asked to show your portfolio at the end. Very standard interview.

Interview Question – Branding is a huge concept. Understand that and you will flourish.   Answer Question

Bike Mechanic Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UC Davis.

Interview Details I applied online through the ASUCD website with my resume. About a week or two later, they contacted me for an in-person interview. Simple questions were asked. What are your hobbies? Why do you want to become a bicycle mechanic? How is your schedule like? They are not extremely evaluative since they hire people with no experience. They hired me one hour later.

Interview Question – None - no difficult questions for non-experienced mechanics   Answer Question

Staff Research Associate I Interview

Staff Research Associate I
Davis, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UC Davis in January 2011.

Interview Details There was only one interview. It was a panel interview so there were about eight of the staff interviewing me. The staff who were involved in the interview include the Primary Investigators, and other management staff. They asked questions from a pre-printed list that they had, and only strayed from that list for me to further explain an answer I gave to them. They did not really react positively or negatively when I was being interviewed.

Interview Question – If you find a coworker who is going against procedure, what would you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate

Student Assistant Interview

Student Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at UC Davis in December 2013.

Interview Details The hiring and interviewing process is handled directly by HR. They contact you and set up a meeting with your future department, if not, interview you themselves. Everything goes pretty smoothly by schedule. After your interview it takes about 3-5 business days for them to reach a decision. The interview was business casual, I didn't need to wear a tie. If you do get hired for the job, you have to attend a mass hiring signup event where you do a bunch of paperwork to become a university employee.

Interview Question – What your GPA is and why it isn't higher.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable, salary was stated on job ad.

Programmer II Interview

Davis, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at UC Davis in December 2013.

Interview Details I applied online through the UC Davis website and was contacted via email to schedule an interview after about two weeks. The interview was with a panel of three people. It was a pretty relaxed and light-hearted atmosphere, overall. After a single interview, I received an offer after a few days.

Interview Question – A good deal of definitions and terminology tested rather than coding ability.   Answer Question

Student Assistant II Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UC Davis in June 2013.

Interview Details All three of my supervisors interviewed me, and had a paper with questions and asked me the questions off of it. They wrote notes on my responses. The questions were very general, like "tell me about a time where there was a problem and how did you solve it"

Interview Question – Where there any moments when you did not like a certain job?   Answer Question

Assistant II Interview

Assistant II

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UC Davis.

Interview Details My hiring process was interesting because I was already working as a temporary employee in the position I was applying for. So, this obviously gave me a rather huge advantage. I submitted the application according to the usual process and was interviewed by a panel of three people, two of whom would be my supervisors and one who would be a coworker, but not working in the program that had the open position I was applying for. The interview questions were fairly basic and not terribly difficult, but did require thoughtful answers.

Interview Question – What attracted you to this job and working with this population of students (1st generation college students)?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The university system has a fairly rigid salary and advancement structure. I addition, I believe I was getting a boost in salary upon becoming a full-time employee as opposed to a temp, so I didn't push the negotiation very hard.

Interviews for Top Jobs at UC Davis

Worked for UC Davis? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UC Davis interview questions and advice. All 63 interview reviews are posted anonymously by UC Davis employees and interview candidates.