UBS

Updated 23 Jan, 2015
Updated 23 Jan, 2015

2.9

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Received a phone call scheduling an interview. Two 30 minute interviews.. First interview was mainly behavioural.. talking through my CV and my experiences... interviewer spent time talking about what i would do if i get the job.. what ubs offers.. hiring process.
    Second was slightly technical.. not too difficult

Interview Questions

Referred me to their local office, since they could not obtain a visa for non-EU residents for the position i applied for

Client Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UBS in September 2009.

I received a call from HR asking if I would be interested on joining firm as a Client Advisor. Very professional, straight forward interview which consisted of screening phone interview with HR, followed by phone interview by hiring manager, followed by a face to face meeting. All very professional.

Chief Operating Office Graduate Scheme Interview

Applied online. Then I was invited to do the online tests. A couple weeks later, I was called by the HR for the telephone interview. The interview lasted 15-20mins. Questions asked were "Why IB?","Why USB?","What do you think of the impact of last financial crisis?",+ competency-based questions. Then I was invited for AC. On the AC day, candidates were asked to re-do the numerical tests first. After passing the benchmark, successful candidates were given 30 mins to prepare for a 10 mins presentation using cases provided. Then three 1-1 interviews were held, followed by a group discussion.

Interview Questions
    • “Having looked back into the history, what decisions you have made could be improved?”   Answer Question

Spring Week Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Online application with 4 questions (why ubs, why you, proudest achievement and extra curricular activities), and work experience details. Contacted in few days with online tests (numerical and logical both 40 mins long) and 1 and half weeks later- call for telephone interview with HR (not very long, about 15-20 mins)

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions (Why UBS, why department, standard competencies etc)   Answer Question

Financial Analyst, Fixed Income Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

applied online, after doing online tests i received an offer to do a phone interview. was a given a days notice to prepare. interview was 15 mn long with competency based questions, such as why pursue a career in finance and why Fixed income

Interview Questions
    • hardest decision int he last 12 months. and tell me about a time when you made a mistake and regretted it after.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

very lengthy process, it took 2 months, first with HR, ask typical HR questions, then serveral phone interviews for java questions, then onsite interview one on one, and with a group of people.

Interview Questions
    did not negotiate, I wish I did, everyone is associate director, if you don't ask, you don't get it. very micro management company, does not like it.

UBS Wealth Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

Met with the Senior Advisors and they asked me about my professional experience as well as what I knew about Wealth Management. They were more interested in me being passionate about helping them than my experience.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what makes me different from all of the other candidates.   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UBS.

Applied through online and had a phone interview before being invited to AC. Had to take one numercial test (paper, 20 questions in 20 min). Also had a case study (30 minutes to prepare). Had just one interview all the questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were behavioral so guess the most difficult question was what are the recent trends in the market?   Answer Question

Sales & Trading Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS in January 2015.

Recruiter and traders came to campus first for an info session. Invited a select few to dinner that night. Then came to campus a few weeks later and selected students to have informational interviews (which were sort of first round interviews). They selected a few from that pool to ask to dinner that night. Then a month later in January they did a phone interview and three on campus interviews and gave an offer that night.

Interview Questions
    • In response to my stock pitch asked which large institutional investors held the stock.
      Square root of 3?
      What will happen when interest rates increase?
      I have a cake, I want eight equal sized pieces and you can only slice three times, how do you slice?

Answer Question
    3 Week decision period no negotiation

Sales & Trading Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Phone interview with MD (few questions on markets and some brainteasers) followed by super day (five interviews and a desk shadow). Overall, the process took about two and a half weeks. Not too bad at all.

Interview Questions
    • Some tough brainteasers and stat questions, wasn't grilled on markets   View Answer