UBS Interview Questions

Updated 27 Oct, 2014
Updated 27 Oct, 2014

2.9

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Received a phone call scheduling an interview. Two 30 minute interviews.. First interview was mainly behavioural.. talking through my CV and my experiences... interviewer spent time talking about what i would do if i get the job.. what ubs offers.. hiring process.
    Second was slightly technical.. not too difficult

Interview Questions

Referred me to their local office, since they could not obtain a visa for non-EU residents for the position i applied for

Client Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UBS in September 2009.

I received a call from HR asking if I would be interested on joining firm as a Client Advisor. Very professional, straight forward interview which consisted of screening phone interview with HR, followed by phone interview by hiring manager, followed by a face to face meeting. All very professional.

Branch Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

After applying for the position, I received an email to set up a phone interview. My phone interview was conducted by a member of the company's New Jersey office and consisted of general interview questions, starting out with "tell me about yourself". This interview lasted about 25 minutes. About a week after the phone interview, I received another email to schedule an in-person interview. This interview focused more on interpersonal and teamwork skills and called for recalling a specific situation that utilized each skill discussed (or how I reacted in the past to certain situations). This interview lasted about half an hour, about ten minutes of which consisted of the interviewer answering my questions about the position.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I had to answer was why I was applying for this job instead of traditional legal jobs and whether I was comfortable with sticking with this route while giving up the opportunity to pursue the traditional litigation route.   Answer Question

Group Technology Interview

The interview process was very enjoyable. There were no curveball questions, mostly behavioral and getting to know me. They just wanted to see if I'd be a good fit at the company based on personality and obvious work ethic.

No negotiation

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UBS.

Online application. The process took only a few days. I got called for a phone interview scheduled the next day. After that phone interview (compentency based questions) they sent me an email for the assessment centre taking place a few days after. At the Assessment Centre there were 5 steps : a numerical test, a presentation, 2 interviews and a group exercise.

UBS Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Interview was very informal, not technical at all. Conversation was very laid back, they explained the job and went over when they would need me to work. Ended up getting the job and have learned alot

Interview Questions
    • How well do you work in teams? was also asked to go into detail about my prior work experience   Answer Question

Emerging Talent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

I had to write an essay on who would be best for UBS other than me. I then had to do an online numeracy and logic tests with tight time constrains. I then had a 30 minute or so phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • I had lots of typical questions such as how would you invest £1 million, what is you biggest failures and how did you learn from it. The questions did not require much preparation other than learning a bit about the bank and the position.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UBS.

First round was purely competency based over the phone "what was the most difficult decision you had to take in the past 12 months" "why UBS" and "how would you invest 1 million USD".

Second round consisted of another numerical test, a presentation of a company (had 30 minutes to prepare a SWOT analysis), a competency-based interview, and an interview based on your knowledge of the markets. All was fairly simple, and people were very nice.

Business Analyst Interview

it took 4 weeks overall. involved 2 rounds of interview. one HR and one with the product owner.it took 4 weeks overall. involved 2 rounds of interview. one HR and one with the product owner.

Interview Questions
    • explain the most satisfying solution provided to a business problem   Answer Question

Head of Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

Applied for the job in summer took 2-3 months to get through all interview rounds. Overall a very good process and positive experience. I found the interviewers very friendly and personable. Since I would be working alongside these stakeholders, the interview process only added to my drive to get the position. It was a pleasant chat about my skills/experience. The only interviewer I met face to face was the HR rep. Final stage of the process is the background check.

Interview Questions
    • None - all pretty standard. If you know your area of expertise it is not difficult.
      HR interview questions follow a standard competency/situational based format. -- One of the questions was 'When was the last time you made a bad decision and what did you learn from it'
        Answer Question
    no negotiation possible so I was told :-(
    It was a good offer nevertheless