UBS Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 15, 2014
527 interviews

2.9

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Received a phone call scheduling an interview. Two 30 minute interviews.. First interview was mainly behavioural.. talking through my CV and my experiences... interviewer spent time talking about what i would do if i get the job.. what ubs offers.. hiring process.
    Second was slightly technical.. not too difficult

Interview Questions

Referred me to their local office, since they could not obtain a visa for non-EU residents for the position i applied for

Client Advisor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UBS in September 2009.

I received a call from HR asking if I would be interested on joining firm as a Client Advisor. Very professional, straight forward interview which consisted of screening phone interview with HR, followed by phone interview by hiring manager, followed by a face to face meeting. All very professional.

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at UBS in November 2013.

The interviewer was very kind and he started friendly conversation first. I was the last one so he was exhausted however he asked very general questions such as "Tell me about yourself, What do you think about our company?, Which of your skills do you trust?"

Interview Questions
    • I was interviewing about leadership and he asked "Tell me one of your most difficult experience about leadership". What can I say about it? The people I managed or money? I humbled something but he didn't seem so pleased to my answer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at UBS in June 2012.

Make sure you are well prepared for the interview and know your resume top to bottom, It is a straight forward interview with someone on the team you are going for. Make sure you also are prepared to be in a serious environment and are looking to gain expereince from Financial Advisors, Managers

Client Advisor Assistant Interview

There was only one interview, with one MD and one ED. Interview was friendly, but it depends on who the interviewer is. Some prefer technical questions, some prefer culture fit questions. Networking and referral clinched the interview.

Interview Questions

Already took up another job. Offer took 2 months due to headcount issues.

Senior Wealth Strategy Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at UBS.

Mostly driven by individual teams. I was recruited through my university. Members of the team flew out and interviewed me on campus and then flew me out to LA for a final round.

UBS Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UBS in April 2012.

Applied through university career services. Was put in touch with a client service representative who conducted a single phone interview. Interview consisted of a few fit questions - mainly why I was interested in the position, and what about my post experiences made me a good candidate for the position.

Network Associate Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at UBS.

Tiered interview process. Depending on the department you are in, 1) The first interview is personality based, 2) the second interview is technical 3) The third interview is background, drug testing, etc.

Interview Questions
    Offer, take it or leave it.

UBS Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at UBS.

I received an an interview through a referral at my college I am studying at. The first interview I had with UBS was just a phone screening. The second interview I had with UBS asked about what my goals were for my career in finance and why I wanted to be with Wealth Management at UBS.

Interview Questions
    The process took very long, I accepted the offer in early May and didn't start working until mid June.

UBS Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at UBS.

Initially, they contacted me via phone after I submitted a resume through my school's career center. They have you come to their office, and for the most part it was your run of the mill interview questions. They then had me speak with a guy who had graduated recently from my school, he had similar questions for me. From their discussions with me, it was obvious that they were proud of their AUM, but I didn't get the sense that their clients were a priority. The office was beautiful with polite staff.

Interview Questions
    • What differentiated this position (wealth management) from one in other financial services, like investment banking or consulting?   Answer Question

I wanted to intern with a group that cared about their clients, not just their money. This may sound counterintuitive for wealth management, but my internship now has shown me that those firms exist.

Worked for UBS? Contribute to the Community!