UBS Interview Questions

Updated 15 Oct, 2014
Updated 15 Oct, 2014

2.9

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Received a phone call scheduling an interview. Two 30 minute interviews.. First interview was mainly behavioural.. talking through my CV and my experiences... interviewer spent time talking about what i would do if i get the job.. what ubs offers.. hiring process.
    Second was slightly technical.. not too difficult

Interview Questions

Referred me to their local office, since they could not obtain a visa for non-EU residents for the position i applied for

Client Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UBS in September 2009.

I received a call from HR asking if I would be interested on joining firm as a Client Advisor. Very professional, straight forward interview which consisted of screening phone interview with HR, followed by phone interview by hiring manager, followed by a face to face meeting. All very professional.

Business Analyst Interview

it took 4 weeks overall. involved 2 rounds of interview. one HR and one with the product owner.it took 4 weeks overall. involved 2 rounds of interview. one HR and one with the product owner.

Interview Questions
    • explain the most satisfying solution provided to a business problem   Answer Question

Head of Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

Applied for the job in summer took 2-3 months to get through all interview rounds. Overall a very good process and positive experience. I found the interviewers very friendly and personable. Since I would be working alongside these stakeholders, the interview process only added to my drive to get the position. It was a pleasant chat about my skills/experience. The only interviewer I met face to face was the HR rep. Final stage of the process is the background check.

Interview Questions
    • None - all pretty standard. If you know your area of expertise it is not difficult.
      HR interview questions follow a standard competency/situational based format. -- One of the questions was 'When was the last time you made a bad decision and what did you learn from it'
        Answer Question
    no negotiation possible so I was told :-(
    It was a good offer nevertheless

PWM Interview

Got in touch with a few people working at firm, lucky to have my resume passed up to the Branch Director within a few days. Phone interview was easy and two days later was offered

Group Technology Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS.

First Interview was a typical on campus interview. Lots of behavioral and fit type questions to see how one would interact if given a position within the company. Second interview was a superday at UBS. The only technical questions that were asked dealt with the technology used in previous work experience.

Wealth Strategy Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Applied online, received an email for a phone interview two weeks later. Long turn around time between application and next steps. be patient. Phone interviews are difficult, be sure to be in a quiet room with no distractions and headphones to make it easier to listen. questions were based mostly going over your resume so be prepared to discuss any and all points in further detail.

PWM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

The people were really nice and walk you through the interview. The questions were mostly behavioral and they made sure hard questions were more of a dialogue than sitting there silently while you struggle through it. Very nice people, both sales and product development. This was their first time hiring an intern for their department so I'm not sure they had a concrete process. Fun interview.

Intern Interview

Was a very good experience. People were very nice and the interview was pretty straight forward and focused more on fit and personality questions. Didn't ask anything unexpected just the basic type of questions you can expect to hear in any job interview.

CSA/NFA Wealth Advice Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Initially got in contact through employee referral. Got an email scheduling a phone interview with 5 different people of various positions, each to last 30 minutes (around 2.5 hours total). Some were personable, others were very blunt with questions and just wanted to get straight to the point. Asked questions about background and experience, with some people asking the same questions as others; spent a lot of time telling me about the position. Asked if I knew what some characteristics of basic investment vehicles were (Mutual fund, fixed income. Not many curveballs, but the interview was very long.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest personal weakness?
      How does your experience prove you will be able to effectively communicate with people via phone?
        Answer Question