U.S. Bank Personal Banker Interview Questions

Updated 4 Sep, 2014

2.6

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Originally applied for a Universal Banker position. I started with phone interview, which went very well. The recruiter asked about my current position and recognitions I had listed on my resume. She recommended that I apply for another position posted about three hours away from where I live (I said I was willing to relocate) as that position seemed like a better fit. I told her my availability for an in person interview and about a week later was contacted by a different recruiter letting me know my interview was the following day. I don't think she realized I had to drive three hours, however the three managers seemed appreciative of the effort I took to make it to the interview. They asked about my accomplishments in my current position as well as how I achieved my goals. There was a lot if role playing, after which they gave instant feedback. I felt the interview went well, however, about months after, I received a generic decline letter for the original Universal Banker position I had posted for.

Interview Questions
  • How would you conduct a cold call to a prospective customer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for U.S. Bank

Personal Banker Interview

Easy interview; informative; I was able to ask lots of questions and all were thoroughly answered; got a good feel for what I would be doing on the job; interview was one-on-one.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

long annoying process that people dont know how to work they take their time and keep you on your feet for an extended amount of time. It takes 3 weeks for them to respond thats if they call you to let you know at all.

Interview Questions
    • nothing stressful, easy questions unnecessary time taking   View Answer
    no negotiating, stupid low pay with horrible benefits

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online – interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview process was very disorganized. HR emailed interview confirmation to the wrong email for both my first and second interview. I was also kept waiting for 15+ minutes before each interview and during the first one especially it was very disorganized and was basically just reiterating information that had already been said over the phone. Very pointless overall and felt like a waste of everyone's time. Most of both interviews involved trying to convince me that US Bank is an amazing place to work and that I should really want to work there. I accepted the job, but my experience during the interview process definitely made me consider turning it down if it would be any indication of what working there would be like.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions really. It was all extremely basic customer service type questions.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank in February 2014.

After applying online, received an invitation to a group interview, where I was only asked two questions in order to be considered for a private interview. The manager indicated only about 50% of applicants make it to the group interview and wished us good luck. I was surprised how quickly I received the interview invitation. The initial hiring process is fast.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was giving detailed answers to the simple questions that carried the weight of my value as a candidate. The two questions were essentially to 1. describe a situation where you assisted a difficult client and 2. describe a time when you went out of your way to provide great customer service.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Conducted three face to face interviews. This was with three different managers and three different locations

Interview Questions
    • Very laid back interview process. They want to see if you can strike up a conversation with them and hold it. After the first interview i as asked to log into their web site and apply for the job.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at U.S. Bank in November 2013.

Met a district manager at a college career fair and this manager passed my resume to other managers hiring personal bankers.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of them were situation-based questions. Ex) How did you deal with an upset customer?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

The hiring process consisted of a phone interview with a recruiter. Pretty basic questions. Next was an in person interview with my supervisor. This was a lot of question answer and tell me about a time you had to do this or were faced with a difficult customer. Next was an interview with the district manager with many of the same questions and a review of my previous work experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with your superiors. Not a lot of experience there personally and wasn't sure what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Out of the top 5 financial institutions, U.S. Bank has the most easiest application and interview process. Upper management always seem to hire the applicant with little to no banking experience.

Personal Banker Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interviewed with branch manager for 45 minutes. Was asked standard behavioral questions such as "Tell me a time when . . ."
    Interviewed with district manager who basically sold me on the job and told me why/how I would be successful. He was right.

Interview Questions
    • Did not ask for future examples, but concentrated on past performance.   View Answer
    Rough. Over promised on salary and then told me could only offer me the minimum.