U.S. Bank

Average Difficulty
32 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Newport Coast, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at U.S. Bank in January 2010.

Interview Details I had to do an imaginary sales call to test out my knowledge. They were desperate for bankers so hired on the spot. The interview was a basic, what experience do you have etc. They wanted to know if you would work weekends etc.

Interview Question – There were not very difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I said i was 13 instead of 12 and they cooperated.

Personal Banker

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview Details long annoying process that people dont know how to work they take their time and keep you on your feet for an extended amount of time. It takes 3 weeks for them to respond thats if they call you to let you know at all.

Interview Question – nothing stressful, easy questions unnecessary time taking   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiating, stupid low pay with horrible benefits

Personal Banker
Greenwood Village, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at U.S. Bank in February 2014.

Interview Details After applying online, received an invitation to a group interview, where I was only asked two questions in order to be considered for a private interview. The manager indicated only about 50% of applicants make it to the group interview and wished us good luck. I was surprised how quickly I received the interview invitation. The initial hiring process is fast.

Interview Question – The most difficult part was giving detailed answers to the simple questions that carried the weight of my value as a candidate. The two questions were essentially to 1. describe a situation where you assisted a difficult client and 2. describe a time when you went out of your way to provide great customer service.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Personal Banker

I applied online and interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview Details Interview process was very disorganized. HR emailed interview confirmation to the wrong email for both my first and second interview. I was also kept waiting for 15+ minutes before each interview and during the first one especially it was very disorganized and was basically just reiterating information that had already been said over the phone. Very pointless overall and felt like a waste of everyone's time. Most of both interviews involved trying to convince me that US Bank is an amazing place to work and that I should really want to work there. I accepted the job, but my experience during the interview process definitely made me consider turning it down if it would be any indication of what working there would be like.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions really. It was all extremely basic customer service type questions.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at U.S. Bank in November 2013.

Interview Details Met a district manager at a college career fair and this manager passed my resume to other managers hiring personal bankers.

Interview Question – A lot of them were situation-based questions. Ex) How did you deal with an upset customer?   Answer Question

Personal Banker

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in January 2012.

Interview Details the interviewer was very professional and had a great list of thought provoking questions. Made good use of our time and was positive yet honest when I asked questions on the direction of the organization.

Interview Question – Why chose US Bank was the hardest question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – limited

Personal Banker

I applied through another source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview Details Conducted three face to face interviews. This was with three different managers and three different locations

Interview Question – Very laid back interview process. They want to see if you can strike up a conversation with them and hold it. After the first interview i as asked to log into their web site and apply for the job.   Answer Question

Personal Banker

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview Details The hiring process consisted of a phone interview with a recruiter. Pretty basic questions. Next was an in person interview with my supervisor. This was a lot of question answer and tell me about a time you had to do this or were faced with a difficult customer. Next was an interview with the district manager with many of the same questions and a review of my previous work experience.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with your superiors. Not a lot of experience there personally and wasn't sure what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Personal Banker

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank.

Interview Details Out of the top 5 financial institutions, U.S. Bank has the most easiest application and interview process. Upper management always seem to hire the applicant with little to no banking experience.

Denver, CO (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at U.S. Bank in July 2012.

Interview Details I went to a job fare to meet with some recruiters. Us Bank was the most aggressive in getting me into their company. I talked to the HR rep and also went online to apply for the position. They responded within 3 days are so was very nice, had 2 phone interviews and went in for a one on one was hired within a week after. Training was about a month long

Interview Question – 16x24, why us bank? leadership? customer service? sales?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!